Bangladesh vs Pakistan | Asia Cup: Super Four | Abu Dhabi | Sep 26, 2018 | Bangladesh Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly speaking. Sarfaraz isnt a bad captain as some parts of this game may have suggested. But lets look at what saved him here, its basically the second spell by Junaid Khan and Shaheen Afridi, they have kept things tight and have created the pressure

It’s common sense. You put your two best bowlers at the death. There’s nothing outstanding about what Sarfraz has done.

It seems like Sarfaraz will be banned for next game due to over rate... Malik will be captain in the final

Still Bengalis should back themselves to defend this. 239 is still runs on the board

They'd be fools to drop Junaid. Hassan is the one who's spot is in danger.
His spot is endangered by who? A guy who hasn’t picked a wicket in 5 games?

There’s no point resting him in a final. We’ll just have to rest him from the one of the tests against Aus.

The way Bangladesh fought back after 12/3 is praiseworthy. Still it's Pakistan's game to loose. But I am satisfied with this 8 man teams performance. I still can't understand the decision to drop Nazmul the spinner [MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION]

Only change would be Fahim for Nawaz who is useless

So losing all games (no exceptions) against quality teams since the Champions Trophy is not alarming for you? Glad to know.

My point was, there have only been 2 quality teams that we've played against. The sample is too low to make a blanket judgement that we have failed against quality sides.

told ya get 1 wicket and floodgates 'll open. I still feel it 'll be a tough chase. Unless we bat freely and with courage:tahir2

Pak should win this. Also no shaking so Pakistan definitely favourites at half time.

My point was, there have only been 2 quality teams that we've played against. The sample is too low to make a blanket judgement that we have failed against quality sides.

7 matches is not a small sample even if it was against two quality teams. Sarfraz is a poor captain and he has been exposed. That's all.

He can bowl at 145.

Not after that injury. Since then he hasn't been able to bowl over 140. Shame, he was a lot more effective when he had that extra yard of pace especially with reverse swing.

Bangladesh don’t have such spinners like afghans so should not be very difficult

240 is the target, actually 239 - a tie takes PAK on NRR :)

It'll be a good game, but definitely PAK ahead by some 35 runs. Unless we get then 70/3, PAK to win it inside 48 overs.

240 should be not be too hard given that BD is a bowler short.

I sense a Pakistan v SL CT like finish. Good start with wickets tumbling down in the middle overs and Shoaib Malik to see the side home with 2-3 wickets to spare.

We Don't deserve to be in the final. When the captain of a national team acts this irresponsibility, what can we expect from that team. If he had an once of gray matter in his head he would try to play out 50 Overs

Pakistan, Pls do is a favor and smash this worthless bunch.

Not after that injury. Since then he hasn't been able to bowl over 140. Shame, he was a lot more effective when he had that extra yard of pace especially with reverse swing.

I saw him clock 147 Vs SL in the UAE last year.

7 matches is not a small sample even if it was against two quality teams. Sarfraz is a poor captain and he has been exposed. That's all.

7 matches is not a small sample size but it has come against only 2 teams. That is my point. We cannot say that we haven't performed well against quality sides because 5 out of those 7 matches were against 1. I hope you understand now?

Also, the NZ series loss was not down to captaincy. We were thoroughly outplayed in all departments. One should not always tout their agenda regardless of the topic at hand.

Mushfiq deserved a century and Junaid deserved a fifer

I genuinely would sign a petition requesting PCB to keep poinltess journalists away from the team and someone monitering the amount of time some players are spending on their social media accounts rather than focussing on their performances.

The CT win has got into the heads of some of these boys

Enough of this nonsense. Time and time again we r making the same mistake and handing over the advantage to the opposition.

I will not support this team anymore. Can't believe a single team can have so many brainless players.

Trust me if we are going to chase it, it won't be without a few heart-in-mouth moments.

Looks out of it. Can see it from the way he ran in. That’s why I would have personally rested him this game. Permitting we make it to the final that’s 6 ODI Games on the trot, and with a up-coming test series with Australia in the UAE you don’t want to be putting that much strain on his body.

I thought you were Indian. :asadrauf

Shaheen will become a superstar, mark my words.

My fav in the team and have been longing for his fast track to the first team. This guy could win us the WC. He has all the ingredients to be a top fast bowler in the mould of Starc.

He will be the new poster boy of Pakistan cricket.

Provided we do win today, I would bring Faheem back for the final in place of Nawaz....the latter is a better bowler and batsman

Provided we do win today, I would bring Faheem back for the final in place of Nawaz....the latter is a better bowler and batsman

Same... also gives us more fire power in the lower order. Nawaz is just a dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back