Blank cheque ready for PCB if Pakistan beat India in T20 WC: Investor tells Ramiz Raja

Wow, [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] , now don't tell me that money is not the prime motive :afridi

Here comes the moneeeeey

Money money!! Dollar dollar!!

Ramiz Raja ended up paying 3500 rupees out of his pocket for the bounced blank check.

Has he even named the guy who made the offer?

I heard one name from an Indian journo. Apparently the guy is a brit pakistani.

You can read into the phrase word blank cheque any way you like.

Best to take this with a pinch of salt

Intl cricket is all but dead in pakistan and India will never improve ties with us.

It's just time to accept the reality and host the likes of Australia, England and New Zealand in uae .

The rest can be hosted in pakistan like windies , Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, zimbabwe , south africa since they don't have a problem touring and happy with the security arrangements

Even if true I don't think Pakistani players will ask for any money. I mean obviously it will look cheap.

I never read much into this and I'm sure all Pakistani players didn't read too much into this either.

PCB must compensate players asap!!!

Yes you read it right

With all that comedy of blank checks; I think PCB must announce rewards for players to motivate them else they will feel demotivated and we might not even able to win any remaining games moveing forward

blank cheque was for pcb for development, not for players in particular (and it was made clear to RR that blank cheque accnt will have a running balance of 100Rs max /jk)

Ramiz must have received so many “blank checks” by now that he won’t need to buy toilet paper for the next year.

Ramiz Raja, when asked recently about this by a journalist:

Rameez Raja said that the investor who has to pay the blank check, is in fact discussing other issues with him, the purpose of which is to see how Pakistan Cricket can be better served by the investor.

The PCB chairman said that more details in this regard would be made public soon.

So the blank cheque was just a lie, now its going to be invested and not be given as just a grant

Wouldn't be surprised to learn that he made this up to get headlines. He is such a desperate attention-seeker. He should be a politician instead of the Chairman of the PCB, because that's literally what he behaves like.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn that he made this up to get headlines. He is such a desperate attention-seeker. He should be a politician instead of the Chairman of the PCB, because that's literally what he behaves like.

Quit hating for the sake of hatred blindly. Ramiz with 1.6 million YouTube subscribers and being Pakistan's premier commentator does not need any attention.

He is doing his job as PCB chairman by floating ideas on how to take Pakistan Cricket forward. Atleast he is more proactive unlike the old senile Ehsan Mani.

Quit hating for the sake of hatred blindly. Ramiz with 1.6 million YouTube subscribers and being Pakistan's premier commentator does not need any attention.

He is doing his job as PCB chairman by floating ideas on how to take Pakistan Cricket forward. Atleast he is more proactive unlike the old senile Ehsan Mani.

Quit telling people how to feel. I'll hate who I want to hate as blindly as I want.

Ramiz is a clown who has only made idiotic statements ever since he came on and couldn't even ensure Pakistan got pitches that suited them for a home series. The only thing he has been proactive about is muzzling commentators into not say anything negative about the pitches. People such as yourself might buy into the idea that he is proactive and has done something, but for the rest of us the proof is in the pudding. Not 10 minute long YouTube videos where he talks and talks and talks about doing great things he will likely never do.

I wish he was as proactive at getting the curators to make pitches that suited us, as he is at concocting lies that make him look good. Maybe the series wouldn't be 0-0 and maybe we wouldn't be in such a desperate situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quit telling people how to feel. I'll hate who I want to hate as blindly as I want.

Ramiz is a clown who has only made idiotic statements ever since he came on and couldn't even ensure Pakistan got pitches that suited them for a home series. The only thing he has been proactive about is muzzling commentators into not say anything negative about the pitches. People such as yourself might buy into the idea that he is proactive and has done something, but for the rest of us the proof is in the pudding. Not 10 minute long YouTube videos where he talks and talks and talks about doing great things he will likely never do.

He definitely should not be making a statement every week instead he should keep his mouth shut and do the work in the background.

The investor stopped answering Ramiz’s calls after that match.

I believe this statement was before 2021 T20 world cup ( assuming there really was such a statement by some financer).
Well in T20 2021 World cup Pakistan won.
Looks like then the amount was not deposited to PCB and PCT so that's why they lost in T20 2022 World cup to India. Mystery solved on why Nawaz bowled so many extras in last over and resorted to seam bowling as opposed to spin ( an art he practices daily day in and day out one would assume) ;)) lol

Last worldcup there is too much talk of ramiz Raza. But this world cup no nonsense talk about blank cheque.Good for him

The blank cheque was the sponsorship for the Drop in Pitches by Arif Habib Investments Group. Ramiz Clarified this in an interview that the PCB and the investor settled on the Drop in Pitches.

The blank cheque was the sponsorship for the Drop in Pitches by Arif Habib Investments Group. Ramiz Clarified this in an interview that the PCB and the investor settled on the Drop in Pitches.

So investment only happens if Pakistan beats India :))

No blank cheque for CT final I am assuming. Maybe could have used that too.

Jokes apart everyone is questioning the foolish premise of this blank cheque statement itself.

Can we get in contact with said investor of this title thread and persuade him to offer another blank cheque but this time to the Sri Lankan Cricket board if their team beats the Kiwis this coming Thursday?

Maybe Ramiz can help as he is already in India so can start making some calls😜

Most good players make 100-200k playing T20 leagues without the clause of winning the title.

Peanuts for these players. No wonder they don't have any additional motivation.

In Pakistan all relatives of players will be salivating at this offer - more than the players!

He himself is very much sure that this money is not going anywhere "To kehne mein kya harj hai?" lolzz

Back