Bollywood Corner

IgnitedMind

ODI Debutant
Runs
As per the Request of two sets of people....One who absolutely detest Bollywood..and one who like it and want to discuss it and again do not want a thread for every trailer , news.....

We can have one thread for all stuff related to Bollywood... new trailers, reviews, movie news, random videos gossips,opinions of people who like Bollywood,hate it,...everything related to Bollywood !!!!

Ishaqzaade(Parineeti Chopra,arjun Kapoor) and Dangerous Ishq(Karishma kapoor come back film) released today....

Ishaqzaade has got good reviews...where as dangerous ishq is an epic disaster....

Mods can also add Ek Tha Tiger thread to this thread ....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xxYhOES9mao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Only movie I am eagerly waiting for....

I have seen telugu version of the movie, so not that interested. It has a very good plot...but a ultimate masala movie !!!!

Oh alright, I obviously don't know telegu :))

Here's the trailer :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gCAcU3p9GNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and here's a song I like from the movie :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2ZF2RtzRd98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm waiting for the next Munnabhai. Navrocks any idea when will that be out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for the next Munnabhai. Navrocks any idea when will that be out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some time next year, shooting starts this october..its titled "Munna Bhai Ki AthmaKatha"

Watched Houseful 2 and liked it. I'm a sucker for slapstick comedy. Tezz was a disgrace.

Lol what? I'd have to watch My Name is Khan now to figure out why.
Munna bhai was supposed to come to America to meet the president in "Munna Bhai Chale Amreeka". But SRK came to meet the president in "My Name is Khan". Si the concept lost it's originality and they changed the plot.

Munna bhai was supposed to come to America to meet the president in "Munna Bhai Chale Amreeka". But SRK came to meet the president in "My Name is Khan". Si the concept lost it's originality and they changed the plot.

^ Thanks. Saved me 3 hours. :D But the plot would still have been different given the differences in the two movies. On well just waiting for the next one, whatever that is.

It's a shame cause the trailer of Munna bhai Chale America was soo funny! :))

Watched Housefull 2, loved it!

It was a Super Hit worldwide grossing 180 crore in 4 weeks according to Box Office India.

Akshay Kumar and Johnny Lever were very funny :))

Akshay was due a hit after all the crap he had been involved in recently. Khatta Meetha, Action Replay, Thees Maar Khan, and Thank You were all rubbish. Patiala House was decent.

I really liked Patiala House, I don't know why it didn't do well at the box office. I didn't watch Thank You, Khatta Meetha or Action Replayy :))

Tees Maar Khan was ok.

I really liked Patiala House, I don't know why it didn't do well at the box office. I didn't watch Thank You, Khatta Meetha or Action Replayy :))

Tees Maar Khan was ok.

Don't even bother watching them. Let's see if he can backup Houseful 2 with a solid performance in Rowdy Rathore.

I loved Housefull 2 too..but people should know what to expect from Housefull ...

I do not get people who watch it and then say it lacked logic :D

Don't even bother watching them. Let's see if he can backup Houseful 2 with a solid performance in Rowdy Rathore.

I have seen the Telugu version of the movie mate, The movie is perfect for Akshay Kumar....and plot is good too...

and prabhu deva does do Masala movies well.... Do not see it going wrong!!

Shahrukh Khan's next film is going to be released in about 5/6 months in Nov 2012. I'm pretty excited :D

normal_yrf_003.jpeg

normal_yrfsets_026.jpg

The movie is still untitled, all we know is that he co-stars Katrina and Anushka. It's a love triangle, and SRK plays the role of a struggling musician according to rumours.

^^^^^
Yash Chopra is directing a movie after a Gazillion years if I am not wrong..

I have seen the Telugu version of the movie mate, The movie is perfect for Akshay Kumar....and plot is good too...

and prabhu deva does do Masala movies well.... Do not see it going wrong!!

I hope so. Deva did a good job with Wanted so he can probably pull this off.

Shahrukh Khan's next film is going to be released in about 5/6 months in Nov 2012. I'm pretty excited :D

normal_yrf_003.jpeg

normal_yrfsets_026.jpg

The movie is still untitled, all we know is that he co-stars Katrina and Anushka. It's a love triangle, and SRK plays the role of a struggling musician according to rumours.

Never been a fan of SRK. I've seen only 1 of his last 10 films, My Name is Khan.

Nav - watched Udaan last night!

Superb movie!

I know you would...

Any more movies along the line of Udaan?

Hmm... Not along the lines of Udaan...but some movies you may like which are different from normal bollywood.....

Ishqiya
PeepLi Live
Shor in the City
Stanley Ka Dabba
Gulaal
DevD
Shaithan
Girl in Yellow Boots
Love,Sex aur Dhoka
I am

Some of them have sexual content way more than normal bollywood, so incase if you are watching with kids..choose wisely :D
and a few movies which are fun but different movies... Life in a Metro, Rocket Singh, Wake up Sid, Vicky Donor (recent one),

Last edited:
Never been a fan of SRK. I've seen only 1 of his last 10 films, My Name is Khan.

and you choose the wrong one...worth watching SRK movies after 2000 are only...

Swadesh and Chak De India...both brilliant..especially Swadesh...rest all are okayish bollywood masala which you will not like if you do no like srk!!!

Last edited:

You haven't seen Don 2 :O: :O: :O:

Have you seen Chak de India or Don? Don't watch Ra.One it was bad, and Rab ne bana di jodi was ok...

You haven't seen Don 2 :O: :O: :O:

Have you seen Chak de India or Don? Don't watch Ra.One it was bad, and Rab ne bana di jodi was ok...

I've only seen 2 of his films since Kal Ho Na Ho came out in 2003. Rab ne Bana di Jodi and My Name is Khan. That's it. I just find him to be a bit too stuck up for my liking. I saw a lot of his films that came out before 2004.

Stills from upcoming Farhan akhtar Movie.."Milkha Singh" !!!! Farhan is class...legend story needs to be told

IMG_3198.jpg

03milkha-singh-farhan.jpg

I only watched Kaminey & Don 2 in the last 5 years and both were decent I thought but Kaminey was the better one imo. Don 2 just served as a narcissistic star vehicle for srk. The number of close up shots they had for him to utter his one liners were too much for me.

I had been recommended to watch a director called Imtiaz Ali's movies, should I go through? If so what movies of his would you recommend?

I had been recommended to watch a director called Imtiaz Ali's movies, should I go through? If so what movies of his would you recommend?

Imtiaz Ali is a true genius director.

1. Jab we met
2. Rockstar
3. Love aaj kal

He is one of the best Directors in Bollywood in recent times...

He has only done four movies...but my preferences in the same order..

Jab We Met ( Kareena and Shahid)
Rockstar( Ranbir Kapoor)
Love Aaj Kal ( Saif and Deepika) ....
Socha Na tha ( his debut movie....a very simple love story starring abhay deol and ayesha takia)

After Rockstar, I've really started to like Ranbir Kapoor as an actor. So I'm looking forward to his next film releasing this July.

The movie is a romantic comedy. Ranbir Kapoor plays Murphy, a happy-go-lucky deaf-mute person while Priyanka Chopra plays the role of an autistic girl in the film. Ileana D'Cruz plays the narrator of the film.

barfee-movie-first-look-01.jpg

^^^^

Story line is very interesting and both very capable actors.. ...and Anurag Basu is a very good director..!!!! I am looking forward to Ileana D Cruz's debut too...she is a star actress down south for about 4 to 5 yrs now!!!!

For all Bollywoood fans I would highly recommended you watch this old movie named “Clerk”. Some fantastic talent on display in this movie with Ashok Kumar giving an award winning performance not to forget legend Manoj Kumar . Here is a famous scene which redefined bollywoood it’s a shame Dada muni didn’t got nominated for Oscar purely for this scene
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5HrNLkZx7Gg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hint: please listen to the dialogues carefully and keep an eye on Dina pathak (old lady)

:D:D

I know you would...

Hmm... Not along the lines of Udaan...but some movies you may like which are different from normal bollywood.....

Ishqiya
PeepLi Live
Shor in the City
Stanley Ka Dabba
Gulaal
DevD
Shaithan
Girl in Yellow Boots
Love,Sex aur Dhoka
I am

Some of them have sexual content way more than normal bollywood, so incase if you are watching with kids..choose wisely :D
and a few movies which are fun but different movies... Life in a Metro, Rocket Singh, Wake up Sid, Vicky Donor (recent one),

Nice one dude!

Will check these out!

I watched Udaan recently.........pretty decent movie ....7/10....i liked the fact that it was a pure indian story

Not one of those wannabe Hollywood copies.......with slutty clothes being the norm and English with desi tone BS :facepalm:

I watched Udaan recently.........pretty decent movie ....7/10....i liked the fact that it was a pure indian story

Not one of those wannabe Hollywood copies.......with slutty clothes being the norm and English with desi tone BS :facepalm:

Exactly what I loved about the movie, it was down to earth.

I liked the part where his father was chasing him down the street when before it was him chasing his father. Superb juxtaposition!

Hope Anurag Kashyap and Amit Trivedi will do something together in the future.

RGV too used to be good it seems.

Hope Anurag Kashyap and Amit Trivedi will do something together in the future.

RGV too used to be good it seems.

They Did Dev D!!

The Recent crop of Amazing offbeat directors are a product of RGV and Maniratnam from the 90's... Both are very bad right now...Maniratnam still has some class scenes and taking..but RGV has lost it.

Future is bright though with Anurag Kashyap, Vishal bharadwaj, Vikramaditya Motwani, Bejoy Nambiar, Dibakar Benerjee...and commercial sensible directors like Hirani, Imtiaz Ali

Box office: Ishaqzaade has collected 17 Crores on the Weekend...while Karishma Kapoor's hyped comeback Dangerous Ishq grossed 3 Crores....Who ever produced the later will suffer monumental losses!!!

They Did Dev D!!

The Recent crop of Amazing offbeat directors are a product of RGV and Maniratnam from the 90's... Both are very bad right now...Maniratnam still has some class scenes and taking..but RGV has lost it.

Future is bright though with Anurag Kashyap, Vishal bharadwaj, Vikramaditya Motwani, Bejoy Nambiar, Dibakar Benerjee...and commercial sensible directors like Hirani, Imtiaz Ali

Yes, was actually referring to Dev D, even if others of Kashyap ventures were as good (Gulaal <3, Black Friday too more than decent, the Yellow Boots thing will have to watch it one day - not a lot into movies since quite few years actually.)

Talking of Gulaal, I believe that Kay Kay Menon, with Naseeruddin Shah and Irrfan Khan, is easily one of the best in B Town when it comes to acting abilities : sobriety with maturity.
I still remember scenes of KK's role in Shaurya and Irrfan's in Rog.

About your other directors, yes, would have given the same list, but there are sad cases of one-hit wonder (Sriram Raghavan... tried to reconnect myself with Bollywood using Agent Vinod, considering his Johnny Gaddar... blasphemy.)

Yes, was actually referring to Dev D, even if others of Kashyap ventures were as good (Gulaal <3, Black Friday too more than decent, the Yellow Boots thing will have to watch it one day - not a lot into movies since quite few years actually.)

Talking of Gulaal, I believe that Kay Kay Menon, with Naseeruddin Shah and Irrfan Khan, is easily one of the best in B Town when it comes to acting abilities : sobriety with maturity.

About your other directors, yes, would have given the same list, but there are sad cases of one-hit wonder (Sriram Raghavan... tried to reconnect myself with Bollywood using Agent Vinod, considering his Johnny Gaddar... blasphemy.)

I would add Manoj Bajpai and Nana Patekar to the list..all world class actors. Kay Kay Menon somehow does not get as meatier roles as others in group for some reason...

Sri Ram Raghavan's Johnny Gaddar and even his debut movie " Ek Hasina Thi "( RGV production) were great..Agent Vinod was bad!!!

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Shaqfat Amanat Ali have sung two beautiful songs in Jannat 2. Tera Deedar Hua and Tu Hi Mera, I like the first one better though :)

taruni-sachdev.jpg

"Rasna Girl" Taruni Sachdev has died....the little girl who acted in Amithabh Bachan's Paa and many movies ...

Rest in Peace....

Recommend Kahaani - good thriller from Bollywood for once and did not expect that ending.

Also recommend Once Upon a Time in Mumbai - loved this film just for it's dialogues! Has a good story too

And Udaan is easily the best Bollywood I've ever seen

You have the knack of using the most apt words.

I thought there will never be a song that I will press replay button as many times as I did for Saibo( I coded the 4 days in a row listening to only saibo at work last year) and then Came Pani Da Rang.... Brilliant...Brilliant....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EiItLWWxgOI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Q82f_vdHIM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bollywood has been pure garbage for the past few years... 3 idiots, rockstar, and zindagi na milay gi are the only worth watching..

Bollywood has been pure garbage for the past few years... 3 idiots, rockstar, and zindagi na milay gi are the only worth watching..

Will Disagree mate, last 4 to 5 years have been very good for quality movies and offbeat directors in bollywood...there are lot of movies which are good and or not typical bollywood ...many movies which I mentioned above for namak halal(and i missed many in that list)....and even typical bollywood has better movies in terms of movie making ..the likes of movies you mentioned..and jab we mets and munna bhai's,baand baja baarath....once upon a time in mumbai, rang de basanti, wake up sid...and recently vicky donor...etc

as far as movie making was considered..90's was horrible decade for bollywood...but had excellent excellent songs..and great actors..but movies were very cheesy with good movies very far between....but since we are grown up during that time..it seems nostalgic....

Recently watched the following movies and would recommend them too

Kahaani : Fantastic
Dirty Picture : Very good story telling and Vidya managed very well to tell Silk's story about male hipocrisy.

Vickey Doner : My wife saw it and given it a thumbs up. So I am going to watch it over the weekend.

Bollywood with its usual crap is producing some good movies these days. You just need to select the right movie.

Paan Singh Tomar was one such jewel between all crap releases.

Rohit Shetty's Next first look Bol Bachchan Starring Ajay Devgn, Abhishek Bachchan, Amithab Bachchan, Asin and Prachi Desai

Bol-Bachchan-first-look.jpg

I thought there will never be a song that I will press replay button as many times as I did for Saibo( I coded the 4 days in a row listening to only saibo at work last year) and then Came Pani Da Rang.... Brilliant...Brilliant....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EiItLWWxgOI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Q82f_vdHIM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice song. Is there any site where I can see this movie - vicky donor

Kahaani is a must watch for those that haven't. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Ending is class.

^^^ that ending was out of nowhere..

@Tees_Mar_Khan

I do not think I can post pirated links here..but it should not be hard(nice print is out :D)

The movie starring Sanjay Dutt and Amitabh, Department has opened very poorly at the box office.

Coctail Starring Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone and Diana Penty.

Deepika Padukone :heart: :heart: :heart: !!!!! Movie from the director of Being Cyrus....looks good....Will watch it for Deepika alone..anything else is a plus :D...but I think it will be good...Being Cyrus was a very nice film...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9FfBzyiU0ZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

583399940.jpg

The Cocktail trailer looks excellent, will definitely watch it.

Deepika Padukone :heart: :heart: :heart: !!!!! Movie from the director of Being Cyrus....looks good....Will watch it for Deepika alone..anything else is a plus :D...but I think it will be good...Being Cyrus was a very nice film...

The other actress... :heart: :heart: :heart:

Who's name has Deepika gotten tattooed on her body these days? Sid and Ranbir have probably been crossed out. She really doesn't have a great reputation.

Back