Boxing Thread

shaykh

First Class Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Froch wants Chavez and not Degale...

"Eddie Hearn is jumping on the plane," Froch said. "I don't know whether that is tomorrow or Wednesday, and he's got a very important meeting with Al Haymon and, hopefully, there is going to be some news soon. We'll see.

"He is now looking after Chavez Jr. and, apparently, he (Chavez Jr.) is not under that contract [with Top Rank]. If that is the case, and he is a free agent, then there is no reason that fight can't happen early next year - maybe in March or April. That's the big one for me."

Issue is however that Chavez Jr is under contract with Top rank...

And on Degale...

"I would fight James DeGale if that warranted going to Vegas," said Froch. "Unfortunately, it would be at The O2 in England and I have done it, I have been there. At 37, I think I should be entitled to say: ‘I fancy Las Vegas.'"

Last edited by a moderator:
On Khan V Alexander am i alone in thinking this is going to be a really boring fight...Alexander is always boring and Khan has become boring with his safety first approach...I can see a lot of clinching in this one and a boring UD for Khan...

Froch deserves to have a fight in Las Vegas he has earned that, he will go down as a legendary middleweight for Britain and despite the fact that he never avoided anyone he will always be a couple of leagues below Joe Calzaghe. Fantastic Career though, would love to see Ward come over to England and fight Froch at Wembley but that's not going to happen. Froch doesn't really need to fight degale, there is no one left for him besides Andre Ward, heck just fight him in Las Vegas and retire. I think both Andre and Froch are a little reluctant to fight.

Khan fights are anything but boring lol i've watched all of Khans fights and i've always been glued to the telly from round 1 to round 12 anything can happen he's quiet similar to the pak cricket team when it comes to unpredictability and flare. And tbh his crowd pleasing style is what will get him Knocked out i don't care if he has to clinch, get dirty etc so long he gets the win but he is at that stage now where he needs to win in style hopefully can find the right balance with his trainer.

Chavez is highly likely for froch i think that will be his last fight

Froch deserves to have a fight in Las Vegas he has earned that, he will go down as a legendary middleweight for Britain and despite the fact that he never avoided anyone he will always be a couple of leagues below Joe Calzaghe. Fantastic Career though, would love to see Ward come over to England and fight Froch at Wembley but that's not going to happen. Froch doesn't really need to fight degale, there is no one left for him besides Andre Ward, heck just fight him in Las Vegas and retire. I think both Andre and Froch are a little reluctant to fight.

Khan fights are anything but boring lol i've watched all of Khans fights and i've always been glued to the telly from round 1 to round 12 anything can happen he's quiet similar to the pak cricket team when it comes to unpredictability and flare. And tbh his crowd pleasing style is what will get him Knocked out i don't care if he has to clinch, get dirty etc so long he gets the win but he is at that stage now where he needs to win in style hopefully can find the right balance with his trainer.

Froch doesn't want to fight Ward, he has said it himself. Ward would school him again.

And agreed Khan's fight are never boring.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's become quite boring lately actually...this isn't actually a criticism...its just what made him exciting was that he was an offensive fighter and he's easy to hurt...against Collazo he actually boxed very well...hes become harder to hit...hes become good at nullifying the oppositions offense with his clinch...in short he looks a better fighter and that takes away from what made him a must watch...i know Collazo was only one fight but it wasnt compelling viewing...

I also agree that Froch doesnt need to fight DeGale but i think he should...if he doesnt its not a duck by any means...hes done more than enough by the age of 37...and he's fought everyone...if DeGale does beat Groves which is very possible then i would like to see Froch bow out like that especially cos of what happened with Calzaghe not fighting him...i'd like to think Carl has one more fight after Chavez...

Froch doesn't want to fight Ward, he has said it himself. Ward would school him again.

And agreed Khan's fight are never boring.

I agree Ward would school him again but its a bit silly talking about Ward when he isn't currently an active fighter...

I agree Ward would school him again but its a bit silly talking about Ward when he isn't currently an active fighter...

It's beside the point, he is still the best in the division by a mile and one of the best P4P fighters on the planet. It's not like he retired and he's the only fighter which totally decimated Froch, for these reasons fans want to see Froch fight ward again especially given the form he has displayed in his recent fights Butte, Groves, Kessler etc. I guess there's no shame in ducking this one but if i was Froch i'd want to take the fight, just imagine what a win over Ward could do for his legacy.

It's beside the point, he is still the best in the division by a mile and one of the best P4P fighters on the planet. It's not like he retired and he's the only fighter which totally decimated Froch, for these reasons fans want to see Froch fight ward again especially given the form he has displayed in his recent fights Butte, Groves, Kessler etc. I guess there's no shame in ducking this one but if i was Froch i'd want to take the fight, just imagine what a win over Ward could do for his legacy.

He is as good as retired while he is having these contract issues...the simple fact is Ward isn't available to fight so there is no fight to be made...no-one can fight Ward at the moment...

On Khan V Alexander am i alone in thinking this is going to be a really boring fight...Alexander is always boring and Khan has become boring with his safety first approach...I can see a lot of clinching in this one and a boring UD for Khan...

Khan v alexander will go 12 rounds and wont cause much excitement this is a fight niether fighter can afford to lose so it will be a cagey affair. Ideally both need a superb display and stoppage win if they are trying to get a possible fight with mayweather.

Khan should have grown a pair of balls and arranged a fight with keith thurman instead

As far as Froch goes he wants an easy pay day and wants to retire, hes doesnt want to spoil his so called "leagcy" by taking a hard fight and losing. Froch has always struggled against boxers who can move around ring quickly and pick you off with good movement and hand speed.

He was schooled by Ward, Got a shameful home decision against Dirrell where again he was schooled most of the fight, he was lucky to beat Jermain taylor who out boxed him for 99% of the fight and then punched himself out.

Personally i thgink de gale would have to much speed and movement for froch and thats why he wont fight him, plus a lack of motivation and money for fight. Hes reluctant to fight ward of either Dirrell brother.

He should take a leaf out of bernard hopkins book and just take on anyone and not be worried about losing, hes achieved some good things in his career and go out fighting even if you lose.

As far as Froch goes he wants an easy pay day and wants to retire, hes doesnt want to spoil his so called "leagcy" by taking a hard fight and losing. Froch has always struggled against boxers who can move around ring quickly and pick you off with good movement and hand speed.

He was schooled by Ward, Got a shameful home decision against Dirrell where again he was schooled most of the fight, he was lucky to beat Jermain taylor who out boxed him for 99% of the fight and then punched himself out.

Personally i thgink de gale would have to much speed and movement for froch and thats why he wont fight him, plus a lack of motivation and money for fight. Hes reluctant to fight ward of either Dirrell brother.

He should take a leaf out of bernard hopkins book and just take on anyone and not be worried about losing, hes achieved some good things in his career and go out fighting even if you lose.

Great Post, couldn't agree more. I wouldn't deem it a "so called" legacy though because his career as been great has fought the best in the div and add to that his limited boxing skills it's even more remarkable, dude has relied on his chin, stamina and shear brute force throughout his career. I think there comes a point in ones career where they have little to achieve in terms of money and their star power grows to an extent where they don't need to take as many risks, Froch is no different which is why he rather not face Ward or Degale. But man a win over Ward could do so much for his legacy.

He is as good as retired while he is having these contract issues...the simple fact is Ward isn't available to fight so there is no fight to be made...no-one can fight Ward at the moment...

This is just a polite way of saying Froch would fight Ward were it not for his unofficial retirement but i don't believe he would. Also i don't consider Ward retired and nor have the Ring stripped him of his undisputed championship.

You're making presumptions...Froch has been speaking about Vegas way before Degale was even a factor...he was speaking about it before he rematched Groves but public sentiment prevailed and he took the rematch...he doesnt need to fight Degale to cement his legacy...his legacy has been cemented and he's going for a big payday now...kinda like what Cotto is doing except Cotto gets no stick...

Ducking btw imho is about risk/reward...if a fight is harder but brings more $ and you don't take it then thats a duck...if a fight is easy and the $ are high then this is simply a practical decision...Degale doesnt bring as much money as Chavez Jr and Chavez is the easier fight...Froch is approaching retirement and wants the big fights...again you didn't see Martinez targeting GGG...he wanted Cotto which was the easier fight but the money option...

This is just a polite way of saying Froch would fight Ward were it not for his unofficial retirement but i don't believe he would. Also i don't consider Ward retired and nor have the Ring stripped him of his undisputed championship.

I didn't say Froch would fight him...I don't think he should either...1 fight was enough and there is no need for a rematch...Ward is better...move on...Marquez knows not to fight Floyd again...and no-one is asking him to...

And the point about retirement is a straightforward one...is Ward available for negotiation atm...yes or no?...hes not even listed as active on Boxrec anymore and its been over a year since he last fought and he doesnt seem to be fighting anytime soon...

i do agree that a win over Ward is amazing for ones legacy but it just won't happen...Froch will never beat Andre Ward and thats nothing to be ashamed of...Ward is arguably the best super middleweight in history...

Rematches are only necessary when the result is controversial...or the talent of one or both fighters has developed or declined majorly...neither of these factors are the case here...

i do agree that a win over Ward is amazing for ones legacy but it just won't happen...Froch will never beat Andre Ward and thats nothing to be ashamed of...Ward is arguably the best super middleweight in history...

Rematches are only necessary when the result is controversial...or the talent of one or both fighters has developed or declined majorly...neither of these factors are the case here...

I think it would be a close fight if held at Wembley or Nottingham, i think froch stands a chance at home and am excited for the fight given Froch's recent form so i guess wouldn't mind it even in Vegas. No doubt Ward is superior but i don't think it's impossible for Froch to defeat him in England or at least be competitive in Vegas, this is why i want to see it.

I dont think we will be seeing ward fight anytime in next 6 months anywhere with all legal disputes hes got and i doubt he will want to travel to england either, he seems happy just having fights with everything on his terms.

Chavez v Froch would be a decent fight but its two aging fighters past their best, chavez is a good body puncher and i think he would wear froch down over 12 rounds to win the fight...

Yes there are some boxers who just want big pay days cotto is another and he should get some flack as well, he had a choice between alvarez and GGG a choice between $$$ and getting knocked out cold so not surprised he took the $$$. Pac man destroyed Cotto and hes not the boxer he was as few years ago its a shame cotto wont fight GGG becase it would be the big name scalp that GGG needs to show how good a boxer he is.

I think it would be a close fight if held at Wembley or Nottingham, i think froch stands a chance at home and am excited for the fight given Froch's recent form so i guess wouldn't mind it even in Vegas. No doubt Ward is superior but i don't think it's impossible for Froch to defeat him in England or at least be competitive in Vegas, this is why i want to see it.

It would be close in that the Dirrell fight was close...ie Froch loses but he gets the nod...fact is Ward won't fight away from home...we know that...and tbf you rate Froch too highly...I am a massive fan of the cobra but like most of his fans I know he doesnt stand a chance against Ward...

I dont think we will be seeing ward fight anytime in next 6 months anywhere with all legal disputes hes got and i doubt he will want to travel to england either, he seems happy just having fights with everything on his terms.

Chavez v Froch would be a decent fight but its two aging fighters past their best, chavez is a good body puncher and i think he would wear froch down over 12 rounds to win the fight...

Yes there are some boxers who just want big pay days cotto is another and he should get some flack as well, he had a choice between alvarez and GGG a choice between $$$ and getting knocked out cold so not surprised he took the $$$. Pac man destroyed Cotto and hes not the boxer he was as few years ago its a shame cotto wont fight GGG becase it would be the big name scalp that GGG needs to show how good a boxer he is.

Froch gets stronger as the fight goes on...and Chavez Jr is a hype job...i don't see Chavez troubling Carl tbf...he cant impose his size on Carl like he does other fighters...

Cotto would get blitzed by GGG and he's had a good career...hes also entitled to chase paydays which he is...the issue i do have with Cotto though is he won a belt which he has no intention of defending...Canelo makes sense...and is a pick em fight...its not an easy option...its the easier option than GGG but it makes financial sense...the same thing Martinez did when he chose Cotto over GGG...

Carl was repeatedly asked the same question by the Sky guys after his fights with Groves and Kessler, I guess they were silly too...

Carl was repeatedly asked the same question by the Sky guys after his fights with Groves and Kessler, I guess they were silly too...

Kessler is completely different...Carl felt like he won the Kessler fight and wanted to avenge it...

Groves is also completely different...its a fight that was stopped at a ridiculous time and many felt Groves was winning the fight so for his legacy he had to set the record straight...

There was nothing controversial about the Ward fight...he got beaten with ease...

It would be close in that the Dirrell fight was close...ie Froch loses but he gets the nod...fact is Ward won't fight away from home...we know that...and tbf you rate Froch too highly...I am a massive fan of the cobra but like most of his fans I know he doesnt stand a chance against Ward...

I said Ward is the superior fighter but anything can happen in boxing and it only takes one big shot to change the complexion of a fight. I mean who'd have thought he would knock Taylor out in the 12th round after being totally classed and with the form he's in at best he can be competitive at least and that warrants a re match in my book.

It's a fantastic fight for Ward as well from his teams perspective, for him it would be low risk high reward wouldn't it? he'd get a big pay day to especially if it was promoted as a high profile PPV fight at wembley. However, Ward has beaten Froch already so why risk facing a fighter in the form he's in? even then he should beat Frock Right? but the problem is i don't think both are eager to get in the ring with each other

I wish Ward and GGG would some how get into the same ring that would be a fight worth watching. GGG next fight against Martin Murray might be his 1st decent test hes had for a while as hes just destroying everyone else thats been put infront of him, but after that fight where does GGG go? Its a shame so much money and politics get in way of fights that fans want to see.

Chris Eubank Jnr in action this weekend against billy joe saunders, should be a belter

Good fight between eubank and saunders, but eubanks slow start where he gave away the 1st 5 rounds cost him the fight, the lack of experience in the end told also he needs to get rid of his dad as a trainer, he seemed more intent on creating a side show at the end of each round then actually helping his son along with the fight.

Very good card overall with all the fights been very competative.

Looking forward to some good fights on the 13th december now.

I personally had the fight a draw, so a close split decision either way was fine with me.

Tyson destroyed Chisora but i don't see that guy beating Wladmir. The HW division is god awful you just have to look at their conditioning, they are just fat. George Foreman beat James Toney for the world title at the age of 40+ in a similar condition to tyson if not worse :)))
[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] [MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] Pissy Pat is fighting this weekend i think on sunday, what do you make of his chances :)) you can't really predict his fights

Tyson destroyed Chisora but i don't see that guy beating Wladmir. The HW division is god awful you just have to look at their conditioning, they are just fat. George Foreman beat James Toney for the world title at the age of 40+ in a similar condition to tyson if not worse :)))
[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] [MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION] Pissy Pat is fighting this weekend i think on sunday, what do you make of his chances :)) you can't really predict his fights

Fight sensible, be better defensively and he can win. No point hoping for anything form his fight, just sit back and enjoy the unpredictability.

Fight sensible, be better defensively and he can win. No point hoping for anything form his fight, just sit back and enjoy the unpredictability.

He should use ear plugs like boom boom during the fight :afridi

Yeah he will win so long he doesn't feel the need to play off the crowds adulation for his aggression, but he will also feel the pressure of needing to win in style to impress floyd. The important thing is to get the win in the bag needs to realize that because floyd will troll him regardless and am not sure if beating devon is enough to secure the floyd fight

Matt koborov v Andy Lee - koborov by stoppage
Khan v Alexander - Khan by UD
Thurman v Bundu - Thurman by stoppage

3 excellent fights at weekend and my predictions above.

Great night of boxing awaits. I am very excited to see Thurman in action and also would be interesting how Khan performs against a very good technical fighter in Alexander. The Khan fight will definitely go 12 rounds and if Khan is not careful and does too much clutching he might be surprised by the final score because Alexander is very good at winning rounds.

Also Bradley vs Chavez can end up being a all out war if Chavez is able to get Bradley off his game plan like Provodnikov had done. Can't wai for tomorrow!!!!!!

Khan schooled him. Hand speed was blistering.

A very happy Amir Khan says: "I trained very hard for this fight. I knew I had to make a statement tonight. It was against a tough, very skilful guy, but it was one of my best performances."

Outstanding technical performance by Amir Khan from start to finish, thoroughly outclassed Alexander who was either flustered by Khan's hand speed or overall boxing ability but just didn't seem like he belonged in the same ring as Khan. A match up of Khan vs Thurman would make for a very good viewing. Lets see which way Al Haymom decides to go next.

Supposedly Bradley got Pacquiaoed by the judges. Poor result for him regardless, this will hurt his career quite a bit.

Blimey what a performance from Khan i gave him every round, Alexander is a crafty world class fighter who is no bum but i've never seen him made to look like a domestic level fighter. Totally dominated, Khan made excellent use of his reach and threw some impressive combinations in the clinches and backing away each time. Alexander just couldn't cope with his speed, the only mistake i saw Khan make was when he lunged in during round 9 i think and got hit with that straight left.

Based on that performance am very intrigued to see him in the ring against Mayweather and won't complain if people felt that way but personally wish to see him in one more big fight before he takes on money perhaps Thurman, Marquez or Gurrero. A rematch against maidana would be mouth watering to.

The problem is how long can Khan fight in such a controlled fashion? his team don't have enough belief in him hence why they are desperately pushing for the money fight so they can get that big pay day before he gets knocked out, the other issue is that money doesn't have many fights left on his contract so there is a limited window for team Khan to get him to sign on the dotted line even more so when he's no so interested in fighting Khan, whether it's because of his speed or need to improve his stock further remains to be seen.

Outstanding technical performance by Amir Khan from start to finish, thoroughly outclassed Alexander who was either flustered by Khan's hand speed or overall boxing ability but just didn't seem like he belonged in the same ring as Khan. A match up of Khan vs Thurman would make for a very good viewing. Lets see which way Al Haymom decides to go next.

I doubt Khan's camp would want to take on Thurman, he not only looks like a really hard puncher, but looks to have very good skills as well. He's unbeaten at the moment and looks like a future champion based on what I have seen so far.

where them Khan haters at now?

loved how Kell Brook was sat at sky studio and could not think of anything negative to say of Khan's performance... you could tell he wanted to but Khan was just too good... complete shutout!

Mayweather calls out Pacman on Showtime and says he'll fight him on May 2nd. This fight needs to happen. The only fights left for Floyd are Pac and Khan.

Mayweather calls out Pacman on Showtime and says he'll fight him on May 2nd. This fight needs to happen. The only fights left for Floyd are Pac and Khan.

After that performance against Alexander i don't think floyd will fancy khan too much

After that performance against Alexander i don't think floyd will fancy khan too much

Meh. I don't see Floyd being too fussed at all. Canelo was his last true test if he doesn't fancy fighting Pac. I can see Khan's speed troubling Floyd in the first few rounds (4 max), but he will adapt and pick Khan apart. People often forget that he is the most intelligent boxer around, and his fight IQ is unmatched. Khan doesn't have the power to put him away nor the intelligence to not get caught for the full 12 rounds.

Still, Khan is literally the only credible fight left for Mayweather and if the Pacman fight doesn't go through.

Well done AK, best fight performance of his career, think he should fight thurman next and winner of that should be aiming for mayweather.

Well done to Andy lee for shock win over matt koborov, he will night fight billy joe saunders which will be hosted in ireland or UK so should be a good bout.

Meh. I don't see Floyd being too fussed at all. Canelo was his last true test if he doesn't fancy fighting Pac. I can see Khan's speed troubling Floyd in the first few rounds (4 max), but he will adapt and pick Khan apart. People often forget that he is the most intelligent boxer around, and his fight IQ is unmatched. Khan doesn't have the power to put him away nor the intelligence to not get caught for the full 12 rounds.

He won't risk it though, especially when he wants to beat marcianos undefeated record. We all know the sly ducker and doger floyd is, he's a damn good business man to. Personally am not so excited to see floyd take on pac now, the fight would have been bigger 4-5 years ago when Pacman looked unstoppable. So typical of floyd to show interest in fighting him after he lost to Marquez. Not every fighter is special enough to avoid getting hit during the full 12 rounds but Khans Speed will trouble floyd and he has struggled against such fighters in the past e.g De La Hoya.

Well done AK, best fight performance of his career, think he should fight thurman next and winner of that should be aiming for mayweather.

Well done to Andy lee for shock win over matt koborov, he will night fight billy joe saunders which will be hosted in ireland or UK so should be a good bout.

Thurman struggled to look impressive against a 40 year old, best opponent for Khan to get noticed right now is maidana. Khan v Maidana 2 will be epic. Personally though i prefer Khans performance against Kotelnik although this was pretty incredible to given how alexander was made to look below a domestic level fighter

Great performance from Amir. Devons a classy ooponent and he was too good for him. My take is Amir might just fight Pacman. He's fought southpaws in his last two fights and he could be preparing for Pac. Both camps may use it as a "ef-u" to Mayweather and the winner then fights Money. Imagine the hype!!

As for Kell Brook. I really hate that guy. Has a big mouth especially since he hasn't really fought anyone above euro level. (other than the porter fight). Id like to see him fight maidana and some others before amir fights him. He needs to show us he can defend that belt first!!

Thurman was coming off a layoff so i'll reserve judgment. Really want to see Amir vs Money. I think he'll beat Floyd. I think people really underestimate Khans speed and Floyd is not getting any faster. The only way Floyd can win the fight is to fight dirty. Get close, cut Amirs range and try and make it a close contest, Floyd will always get the judges nod.

Great performance from Amir. Devons a classy ooponent and he was too good for him. My take is Amir might just fight Pacman. He's fought southpaws in his last two fights and he could be preparing for Pac. Both camps may use it as a "ef-u" to Mayweather and the winner then fights Money. Imagine the hype!!

As for Kell Brook. I really hate that guy. Has a big mouth especially since he hasn't really fought anyone above euro level. (other than the porter fight). Id like to see him fight maidana and some others before amir fights him. He needs to show us he can defend that belt first!!

Thurman was coming off a layoff so i'll reserve judgment. Really want to see Amir vs Money. I think he'll beat Floyd. I think people really underestimate Khans speed and Floyd is not getting any faster. The only way Floyd can win the fight is to fight dirty. Get close, cut Amirs range and try and make it a close contest, Floyd will always get the judges nod.

Interesting, i never thought of that it's certainly possible and Khan has a great record against Manny plus the build would be awesome to given that they use to train together. Yeah Kell Brook is a bit of joey tbh in the sky studio was like aah Khan doesn't deserve Money, mate you've been fighting bums your entire career and your not even on the same level as Khan when it comes to being an ellite fighter. When Khan won you could tell he found it so difficult to digest.

I think Floyd would need to come out his comfort zone to defeat khan and be more aggressive then his usual counter punching back foot style, for that alone Amir deserves the fight. That point you made earlier about Khan camp trying to rustle the mayweathers is interesting but stylistically floyd is the better option for them then Manny, Khan has more of a chance to beat Floyd then Manny.

He won't risk it though, especially when he wants to beat marcianos undefeated record. We all know the sly ducker and doger floyd is, he's a damn good business man to. Personally am not so excited to see floyd take on pac now, the fight would have been bigger 4-5 years ago when Pacman looked unstoppable. So typical of floyd to show interest in fighting him after he lost to Marquez. Not every fighter is special enough to avoid getting hit during the full 12 rounds but Khans Speed will trouble floyd and he has struggled against such fighters in the past e.g De La Hoya.

Floyd is a businessman first, then a boxer. I can guarantee that he will face Khan or Pac in 2015.

I will still pick Manny and Floyd to outclass Khan. Not just beat, outclass him. Hell, a fight with Maidana would also be a toss-up.

Thurman struggled to look impressive against a 40 year old, best opponent for Khan to get noticed right now is maidana. Khan v Maidana 2 will be epic. Personally though i prefer Khans performance against Kotelnik although this was pretty incredible to given how alexander was made to look below a domestic level fighter

The only person in the world who wants to see Khan vs Maidana 2 is you. There is no point to make that fight happen for either fighter specially Khan. Why would he go back and fight a fighter who he handedly beat? Once again you disappoint me with your thought process.

Floyd is a businessman first, then a boxer. I can guarantee that he will face Khan or Pac in 2015.

Floyd v Pac still has appeal but it's beyond me how the fight never happened 4-5 years ago, the fight will shatter records financially but not on the level it would have 4-5 years ago. He doesn't have many fights left on his contract does he? am not sure mate if he will, i think there is a good chance he will face one of those names but not both.

The only person in the world who wants to see Khan vs Maidana 2 is you. There is no point to make that fight happen for either fighter specially Khan. Why would he go back and fight a fighter who he handedly beat? Once again you disappoint me with your thought process.

Your ignorance never disappoints me though. It's true he doesn't have to fight him but maidana is a different fighter to the one Khan beat and you'd have to be an idiot not to see that and despite losing to floyd twice he has more momentum then the other names mentioned. Gurrero is another option and Maidana v Khan 2 would be a great spectacle to i don't see how any normal boxing fan wouldn't consider it.

I will still pick Manny and Floyd to outclass Khan. Not just beat, outclass him. Hell, a fight with Maidana would also be a toss-up.

Exactly, reason why Khan should fight him because a win would really elevate his rep in the boxing community who'd pressurize Floyd to fight Khan.

I doubt Khan's camp would want to take on Thurman, he not only looks like a really hard puncher, but looks to have very good skills as well. He's unbeaten at the moment and looks like a future champion based on what I have seen so far.

I think at this point of their careers a fight between the two wouldn't be good for either one. But in a few years when Pacman and Mayweather call it quits and these two continue their winning ways it could make for a blockbuster fight.

If Mayeather finally steps in the ring with Pacman (hopefully we get to see that fight) than the next best option for Khan would undoubtedly be a rematch with still undefeated Danny Garcia. A win and redemption against Garcia would really propel Khan to a whole new level and will do wonders to his PPV value in the US.

I think at this point of their careers a fight between the two wouldn't be good for either one. But in a few years when Pacman and Mayweather call it quits and these two continue their winning ways it could make for a blockbuster fight.

If Mayeather finally steps in the ring with Pacman (hopefully we get to see that fight) than the next best option for Khan would undoubtedly be a rematch with still undefeated Danny Garcia. A win and redemption against Garcia would really propel Khan to a whole new level and will do wonders to his PPV value in the US.

Doesn't look like Garcia is planning to move up anytime soon

And even if he does i doubt he will fight Khan so soon

Actually i wonder if the Garcia will even be interested in fighting Khan

Exactly, reason why Khan should fight him because a win would really elevate his rep in the boxing community who'd pressurize Floyd to fight Khan.

It would certainly give Khan some major credibility if he gets past Maidana with ease, losing just 3-4 rounds to a guy who really pushed Floyd in their first fight. If the Pac-Floyd fight goes through then they should book Maidana-Khan. If Khan wins, he'll get the winner of Pac-Floyd and that fight can be hyped beyond belief.

Actually i wonder if the Garcia will even be interested in fighting Khan

I doubt it.

Angel Garcia said himself he will not be willing to give Khan a rematch. I don't blame him.

I doubt it.

Angel Garcia said himself he will not be willing to give Khan a rematch. I don't blame him.

Some serious overrating of Khan going on. Did everybody not expect Khan to dominate Alexander like that? It was a gimme fight.

Garcia has already confirmed a move to 147 and he undoubtedly will take a rematch with Khan considering the money and the fact that both fighters are represented by Goldon boy and managed by Al Haymon (easy negotiations).

Some serious overrating of Khan going on. Did everybody not expect Khan to dominate Alexander like that? It was a gimme fight.

I think majority of us expected him to win while we all had the usual doubts about him lunging forward at some point and taking some heavy shots but that's Khan for you he's an unpredictable fighter who can be beaten with one bomb when he makes an outrageous mistake. I don't think any of us can say that we expected Khan to win in such dominant fashion, he won literally every round and Alexander is a world class fighter so i was surprised by the performance.

Definitely not. It's a very high risk-low reward fight for him.

Agreed, plus it's the timing as well. Garcia moving up will probably fight someone to just get compatible at that weight before jumping into the ellite leagues while Khan will be looking to push forward. I don't see the fight happening if Khan does not get Floyd or Manny in May.

Should have Shah Khan vs Angel Garcia on the undercard :))

:))) :))) I just got an image in my head of that gif you posted in the old boxin thread. That match would be one for the ages lmao, he said "pakis can't fight" right lol that quote won Garcia the fight IMO lmao

Is Amir Khan still vulnerable to knockouts with trainer Virgil Hunter? Can he survive and beat hard hitting punchers like Keith Thurman , Marcos Maidana or Lucas Matthysse ?Will he be able to beat Danny Garcia in a rematch?

Is Amir Khan still vulnerable to knockouts with trainer Virgil Hunter? Can he survive and beat hard hitting punchers like Keith Thurman , Marcos Maidana or Lucas Matthysse ?Will he be able to beat Danny Garcia in a rematch?
He'll beat Thurman and Matthyse. Maidana is a toss-up because both fighters have improved so much. Garcia puts Khan on queer street within the first six rounds again. Garcia is his worst match-up out of these four.

On Khan...i don't think anyone on here suggested Khan was gonna be troubled by Alexander...stylistically it was a good matchup for Khan cos Devon isn't a puncher and cant put pressure on...that said i expected a lot of clinching so this fight was a pleasant surprise in that regard...it was a good performance...

Lol at Floyd ducking Khan...just lol...

i hope he fights Kell next...its a legit fight...Kell is a different beast to Alexander and is certainly a step up...

I felt Thurman getting booed was unnecessary...I still feel Thurman beats both of the above...

Bradley was robbed on a night of terrible judging on that whole card...

He'll beat Thurman and Matthyse. Maidana is a toss-up because both fighters have improved so much. Garcia puts Khan on queer street within the first six rounds again. Garcia is his worst match-up out of these four.

Disagree...Thurman is a good boxer and has legitimate pop...stylistically he's bad for Khan...

Matthysee too is an underrated boxer...hes better than Maidana imo...

Back