Can a football style management system work best for the Pakistani Cricket team?

Savak

Test Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
We spend so much money $$$ in getting top notch coaches and in the end they complain that the players dominate and don't listen to their instructions or follow the game plan.

Pakistani cricketers are miles behind when it comes to the rest of the world in terms of cricketing discipline, work ethic, fitness, dietary habits, skills training/improvement habits and ofcourse understanding game situations, match awareness. Bottomline is Pakistani players cannot be trusted to their own devices and an honor system, they have to have checks and balances where they are operating in a system where the team management i.e. coaches, manager are calling the shots.

I would like the PCB to give full authority to the team's coaches and to not appoint any captain of the team. Give full authority to the coaches to decide the final playing eleven, the squad of 15, batting order changes, bowling order changes, field placings e.t.c.

Just appoint a senior player of the team to go out for the toss as a formality and the coach communicates his instructions to the senior player in the field on bowling changes, field placing changes, bowling strategies e.t.c.

Give all the authority to the coaches and if the team doesn't deliver then hold them accountable. Let the players focus on their primary skill sets and jobs.

Series are spread apart so giving Kirsten the authority to pick the squads make sense.

It will also make him dig deeper into the domestic circuit instead of relying on corrupt ex players who are selecting based off parchi slips and dosti. I don't trust these ex players judgement either, this WC squad is a classic example. They selected an obese person and a non existent middle order. Azhar thinks Shadab and Imad are batters. You can see how their judgement is poor and not to be trusted.

Make Kirsten the chief selector.

Football model would be Good but even there he needs to be as strict as Mourinho.

We spend so much money $$$ in getting top notch coaches and in the end they complain that the players dominate and don't listen to their instructions or follow the game plan.

Pakistani cricketers are miles behind when it comes to the rest of the world in terms of cricketing discipline, work ethic, fitness, dietary habits, skills training/improvement habits and ofcourse understanding game situations, match awareness. Bottomline is Pakistani players cannot be trusted to their own devices and an honor system, they have to have checks and balances where they are operating in a system where the team management i.e. coaches, manager are calling the shots.

I would like the PCB to give full authority to the team's coaches and to not appoint any captain of the team. Give full authority to the coaches to decide the final playing eleven, the squad of 15, batting order changes, bowling order changes, field placings e.t.c.

Just appoint a senior player of the team to go out for the toss as a formality and the coach communicates his instructions to the senior player in the field on bowling changes, field placing changes, bowling strategies e.t.c.

Give all the authority to the coaches and if the team doesn't deliver then hold them accountable. Let the players focus on their primary skill sets and jobs.
How does a Team adjust bowlers or adjust field settings in the middle of the Game?

How does a Team adjust bowlers or adjust field settings in the middle of the Game?

Hmm, a senior player on the field has an ear bud where the coach communicates the instructions from the dressing room. I am only proposing this because the current generation of Pakistani players do not have game sense, cricketing intellect, game awareness to make smart decisions on the field. Let the coaches communicate these instructions to them.

Hmm, a senior player on the field has an ear bud where the coach communicates the instructions from the dressing room. I am only proposing this because the current generation of Pakistani players do not have game sense, cricketing intellect, game awareness to make smart decisions on the field. Let the coaches communicate these instructions to them.
Such communication is not allowed in cricket. With DRS decisions, it could complicate things.

It is still illegal for the Coach to communicate with on-field players

Hence the reason for a Captain on the field

Pakistan are already on football style playing defensive cricket Packing their team with rellukattas and the calamity that Rizbar cannot score at brisk pace.-

5-4-1 Pakistan playing too deep without any players who make the opposition fumble , they are rigid docile and lacking attraction with long balls/dot balls to buckle under pressure

----------'----'------Rizwan
Iftikhar Babar Fakhar Usman Imad
-----SSA-------Shadab--Amir------Naseem
----------------------------Rauf

We should focus on improving our domestic cricket and club cricket. Give extra financial incentives to individual players based upon their performances in PSL and domestic cricket.

Back