New proposal for PSL points system

shortbread

First Class Player
Runs
Make no mistake PSL is turning into a league were players thrive in the mediocrity of teams scoring in the 140-170 range. There needs to be an impetus for teams to push their batsmen to score much faster.

Considering the PCB has less combined intelligentsia than my child's nursery and is about as innovative as a hammer, here's my attempt at ensuring PSL teams look to score much quicker in keeping with international trends than happily regress in its own uncompetitive 'ness vis a vis other top T20 leagues.

So here's my proposal for a new points system:

WIN: 2 points
LOSS: 0 points
NR: 1 point shared
BONUS POINT: Every game, 1 bonus point for team crossing 145 mark after 15 overs, Win or lose
Bonus point will be non-applicable for either team in any rain affected game.

GREEN CAP will be bestowed upon the batsman with the highest Strike Rate (SR) among the top 5 run-scorers post Qualifying rounds. No more will it simply be about most runs alone. Team with the Green Cap holder gets 2 bonus points after the Qualifying rounds.

MAROON CAP will be awarded to the bowler with the best Economy Rate among the top 5 wicket-takers post Qualifying rounds. Team with the Maroon Cap holder gets 2 bonus points after the Qualifying rounds.

While the points system might look unfair as its tilted more towards batting performance than bowling, but that's the direction T20 is heading towards. Pressure needs to be applied onto team management to push their batsmen to score faster and this will transcend onto batsmen who would otherwise be gleeful at scoring run a ball. Plus batsmen who finish top of the league with their 130-140 SR need to be side-lined in favour of braver players who look to score quickly for the team cause rather than fattening their own personal stats.

Feel free to condemn!

I think there should also be a special cap for the player with a SR of under 125 who is in the top 5 run scorers -- that would really incentivize hitting too

Make no mistake PSL is turning into a league were players thrive in the mediocrity of teams scoring in the 140-170 range. There needs to be an impetus for teams to push their batsmen to score much faster.

Considering the PCB has less combined intelligentsia than my child's nursery and is about as innovative as a hammer, here's my attempt at ensuring PSL teams look to score much quicker in keeping with international trends than happily regress in its own uncompetitive 'ness vis a vis other top T20 leagues.

So here's my proposal for a new points system:

WIN: 2 points
LOSS: 0 points
NR: 1 point shared
BONUS POINT: Every game, 1 bonus point for team crossing 145 mark after 15 overs, Win or lose
Bonus point will be non-applicable for either team in any rain affected game.

GREEN CAP will be bestowed upon the batsman with the highest Strike Rate (SR) among the top 5 run-scorers post Qualifying rounds. No more will it simply be about most runs alone. Team with the Green Cap holder gets 2 bonus points after the Qualifying rounds.

MAROON CAP will be awarded to the bowler with the best Economy Rate among the top 5 wicket-takers post Qualifying rounds. Team with the Maroon Cap holder gets 2 bonus points after the Qualifying rounds.

While the points system might look unfair as its tilted more towards batting performance than bowling, but that's the direction T20 is heading towards. Pressure needs to be applied onto team management to push their batsmen to score faster and this will transcend onto batsmen who would otherwise be gleeful at scoring run a ball. Plus batsmen who finish top of the league with their 130-140 SR need to be side-lined in favour of braver players who look to score quickly for the team cause rather than fattening their own personal stats.

Feel free to condemn!
PSL management should anounce one more cap which is "Extra Large Cap" for the players like Azam Khan :ROFLMAO:

Top scorer with the lowest strike rate should get the Moron cap

Instead of adding more caps, they should focus on bringing the top players to play the PSL if we want to improve the cricket level of our local players.

Strike rate depends on pitch a lot. Don't follow PSL but in IPL, it will give advantage to teams playing in Mumbai and Bangalore. Teams in Chennai and Lucknow will be at disadvantage. All franchise will never be on board on agreeing to this ruling.

Need to seriously look at arm twisting the PSL superstars to score faster and for team management to keep applying pressure on them. Understand the world cup pitches weren't of the highest quality, but the glaring deficiencies of the batsmen were visible to the whole world.

First is the lack of intent to rotate strike and run quick singles and doubles. Dab and run is non existent. Anything that requires more effort than a leisurely jog from one end of the wicket to the other is a strict no-no. These lot are unable to sprint.

Second is the inability to dispatch bad balls. Whenever full tosses and width were on offer, the batsmen never capitalised. Shocking the number of full tosses ended up being dot balls.

Finally, the batsmen need to start scoring all around the ground, 360 degrees. This circa 80s 90s mantra of scoring in the V is dead in modern T20s. Batsmen need to be more innovative, which is clearly lacking in the Pakistani batting line up. The most adventurous shot played in this world cup was Naseem's ramp for a boundary, that's it!

PSL desperately needs to inculcate a culture of scoring 9-10 runs and over. Otherwise this lot will keep struggling against minnows, let alone the top teams.

I have never heard anyone in football proposing changing rules of the sport to make it more competitive. You cant alter with the core of the sport for commercial reasons, it makes it gimmicky and lose relavance. Pak fans should rather pressurize PCB to get more top international players to play in PSL. Pak also need to look into its domestic structure so that better quality player come out of it.

Back