Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi announces a $100,000 prize for each player for winning the ICC T20I World Cup 2024

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Ahead of the National cricket team tour of Ireland, England and the ICC T20I World Cup, Chairman PCB, Mohsin Naqvi, met with players at Gaddafi Stadium to encourage them, discussing game strategy. Announcing a $100,000 reward for each player for winning the T20I World Cup, he remarked, "This award holds no status compared to Pakistan's victory," emphasizing its insignificance.

"Hope you raise the green crescent flag this time," he said, urging them to play without pressure and compete fully. "Victory will be yours, defeat will be mine. Don't worry about anyone; play only for Pakistan. Show teamwork on the field. Inshallah Fateh will kiss the steps," he encouraged, noting the unity among players. "Shaheen Shah Afridi will deliver a great performance in the World Cup", he said.

"The nation has high expectations, and you must fulfill them." He mentioned the promotion of domestic cricket from schools to universities. Mohsin Naqvi presented special green shirts to Mohammad Rizwan for completing 3000 T20I runs and to Naseem Shah for taking 100 wickets in T20 format. He assured to address players' problems on a priority basis. Selectors Wahab Riaz and Muhammad Yousuf, Captain Babar Azam, Assistant coach Azhar Mahmood, and Director of International Cricket Usman Wahla were also present. A lunch hosted by Chairman PCB at a local hotel honored the players and officials.

Will this strategy work for Pakistan to win the ICC T20I World Cup 2024?

Last edited:
$100,000 is a lot of money for a common desi person. In fact, a hell lot of money.

Great speech from Naqvi and a great incentive for the players to win too.

Pakistan will be victorious iA.

$100,000 is a lot of money for a common desi person. In fact, a hell lot of money.
Deep inside Naqvi knows our team is not even capable to enter in semi with just 3 batsmen. 2 (Babar/Rizwan) of them are accumulator and 1 (Fakhar) hit/miss power hitter. Others are just rubbish.

Should have offered $1 million each including support staff considering it is extremely unlikely.
Should try for $10 million. Nothing to loose under Babar captaincy and 1 power hitter. Hasan is capable to give 100 runs in 4 overs.

Really stupid

Now you will see more statspadding efforts

I agree.
Not just with the stat padding but this entire "prize" thing doesn't sit right.

A player shouldn't need such incentives to perform for their country... also this could cause disharmony amongst the players...
If one or two players perform poorly then how are the others going to feel?

Whole bench strength pointing guns and Babar and Rizwan’s head….

“Don’t you dare get out, we won’t be able to chase 140 against USA and will be out of the world cup!”

COAS: lose to anybody you want but not India

Naqvi: $100k each for winning the World Cup

What’s next? Maybe a Pakistani model can offer her hand in marriage to anyone who performs as MOTM in the wc final?

Stuff like this from the PCB Chairman doesn't send the right message. For one thing, I feel like high-level professional athletes have bigger motivations than just money. Money makes it worthwhile but the reason you play sports at such a high, professional level is to perform, win matches and win trophies. If Pakistan were to win the World Cup, he could have made this announcement after that fact too. Seems like another publicity stunt in a growing list of publicity stunts by uncle over here.

Trust me his moneys safe.. Ifty & co ain’t gotta a winners mentality bone in there body. They’re going to get done over by 1 of the minnows !!

Trust me his moneys safe.. Ifty & co ain’t gotta a winners mentality bone in there body. They’re going to get done over by 1 of the minnows !!
What about Babar and Rizwan?

The team is built around them

Don't mind cash incentives but $100k per player is excessive.

Our grounds and facilities could do with some of that money.
Incentives should be written into their contracts anyway.
Don't need big statements that can just cause division within the players...

Also sends out an appalling message to the country and to the those outside looking in.... I.e that players need cash incentives to perform to their best...

Mind you I'm not surprised by this. The entire cricketing structure, from the board, selection panel, captaincy etc is shambolic

PCB hits a new low, after subjective management here comes the speculative approach do this and get this ,laughable

Don't mind cash incentives but $100k per player is excessive.

Our grounds and facilities could do with some of that money.
It will trickle back down.

A champion side should attract bigger crowds, gate money and TV rights.

Naqvinomics will come good.

So Naqvi believes the only motivation for PK to win the WC is his 3 crore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incentives should be written into their contracts anyway.
Don't need big statements that can just cause division within the players...

Also sends out an appalling message to the country and to the those outside looking in.... I.e that players need cash incentives to perform to their best...

Mind you I'm not surprised by this. The entire cricketing structure, from the board, selection panel, captaincy etc is shambolic
Really dangerous stuff. Imagine what could have happend to Misbah back in 2007 if players missed out on a big promised amount back then.

As usual such stupid incentives to entice the players as if they're not going there to perform.

Why not invest that money into upgrading the ground for the CT.

They're already wasted so much time as the CT is only a year or less away.

Getting 3 grounds upgraded isn't going to be that quick to do so I doubt they'll be any major upgrades as that will take a good few years.

Something is goofy about the government and establishment's interest with this World T20. Army campus, cash incentives, bringing back the lost pharaohs.

A cult is happening. I am impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can buy a huge plot at DHA with this amount of money. Hopefully they will train hard and give their 100%.

Think he should have begun with a prize of 2 samosay for beating Ireland and slowly upped the ante as we approach the World Cup

Last edited:
Think he should have begun with a prize of 2 samosay for beating Ireland and slowly up the ante as we approach the World Cup
That is the only prize that can wake the inner beast of Azam khan and he will absolutely annihilate the opposition for it.

Back