[VIDEOS] Does Virat Kohli deserve to play in the ICC T20I World Cup 2024?

Does Virat Kohli deserve to play in the ICC T20I World Cup 2024?

• Total voters
In my life first time I m less interested in worldcup . Really i feels this time wc is another meaningless bilateral for me....being watching worldcup since 1996.Day by day worldcup charm is lost for me

In my life first time I m less interested in worldcup . Really i feels this time wc is another meaningless bilateral for me....being watching worldcup since 1996.Day by day worldcup charm is lost for me
I lost half the interest because of USA fixtures. I have a feeling of exhibition match rather than a serious world cup event. Terrible idea.

I lost half the interest because of USA fixtures. I have a feeling of exhibition match rather than a serious world cup event. Terrible idea.
I think it's because their overdoing it with tournaments.

One tournament per year is too much.

We had one In 2023, now one in 2024, then ct in 2025, then 2026 t20 wc then 2027 world cup

T20 wc needs to go back to once in every 4 years with wc once in every 4 years and Champions trophy once in a blue moon.

I think it's because their overdoing it with tournaments.

One tournament per year is too much.

We had one In 2023, now one in 2024, then ct in 2025, then 2026 t20 wc then 2027 world cup

T20 wc needs to go back to once in every 4 years with wc once in every 4 years and Champions trophy once in a blue moon.
Also imo, both t20 world cup and odi need ti be held in the same year

T20 World cup can be earlier as a dil khush raknei wala tournament with wc being a few months after.

This way the historic wc is maintained and t20 doesn't extinguish the odi format like its already doing.

T20 wolrd cup was always coming after 2 years, never in the past it had been organized after 4 years like the ODI one. But I guess, with the number of t20 leagues played around the world, it is better to do it after 4 years.

On topic: Virat might be playing his last t20 world cup. India had better options but reputation and the big name of virat made it possible for him to get selected.

While talking to a sports channel, Former all-rounder, Irfan Pathan praised Virat Kohli as the best match-winner for India and emphasized the value he gives to a team:

“He is the only one who stands tall like a king, when the time isn’t right. Trust me, there will be a moment in the T20 World Cup where Virat Kohli will chase for India till the very end,”

“In terms of chasing, you’ll always pick the name of Virat Kohli. He is one of the greatest names who has delivered in the most intense situations. People doubt his strike-rate, but look at the way he chases targets, you won’t find a bigger name than him, so never count Virat out,”

“I said this earlier, before the squad was unveiled, Virat Kohli is a big-match player and will make his impact in the T20 World Cup,”

While talking to a sports channel, Former all-rounder, Irfan Pathan praised Virat Kohli as the best match-winner for India and emphasized the value he gives to a team:

“He is the only one who stands tall like a king, when the time isn’t right. Trust me, there will be a moment in the T20 World Cup where Virat Kohli will chase for India till the very end,”

“In terms of chasing, you’ll always pick the name of Virat Kohli. He is one of the greatest names who has delivered in the most intense situations. People doubt his strike-rate, but look at the way he chases targets, you won’t find a bigger name than him, so never count Virat out,”

“I said this earlier, before the squad was unveiled, Virat Kohli is a big-match player and will make his impact in the T20 World Cup,”
Lol, Pathan is just another fanboy who is allowing his personal preferences taking over team's well being.

Kohli will play but this is his last T20 tourney. Unless India win the trophy, he will be nudged to retire, just like Dhoni was

did you watch the full match? RCB lost 4 wickets in clump trying to accelerate for net run rate. what do you expect kohli to do, play bang-bang and throw his wicket away? At the end of the match, kohli's tally reads 4 sixes, the highest in RCB batting.

DK came after him and finished it quick so did Swapnil. So your logic doesn't add up.

Virat Kohli's Innings today
In PP - 28(12), SR: 233.3
After PP - 14(15), SR: 93.33
did you watch the full match? RCB lost 4 wickets in clump trying to accelerate for net run rate. what do you expect kohli to do, play bang-bang and throw his wicket away? At the end of the match, kohli's tally reads 4 sixes, the highest in RCB batting.

DK came after him and finished it quick so did Swapnil. So your logic doesn't add up.
Kohli took the game deep for DK/swanpil to finish off. SRH vs RR, RR could not finish the game going bang-bang and lost on the final delivery of the match. Yasaswi Jaiswal and parag threw it away and lost it. Couple of weeks ago, RCB lost against KKR by one run with patidhar, will jacks throwing their wickets away

Todays match . People spitting venom on kohli should check the score card. You have 4 batters losing their wickets for scores of 1,2,4 and 1. Mind you, DK finished well but It was rashid khan who is struggling. Noor was bowling extremely well

Royal Challengers Bengaluru (T: 148 runs from 20 ovs)
BATTINGRBM4s6sSR
Virat Kohlic †Saha b Noor Ahmad42275224155.55
Faf du Plessis (c)c Shahrukh Khan b Little642328103278.26
Will Jacksc Shahrukh Khan b Noor Ahmad1340033.33
Rajat Patidar c Miller b Little2330066.66
Glenn Maxwellc Miller b Little43210133.33
Cameron Greenc Shahrukh Khan b Little1260050.00
Dinesh Karthik †not out21122030175.00
Swapnil Singhnot out1591521166.66

Last edited by a moderator:
Kohli took the game deep for DK/swanpil to finish off. SRH vs RR, RR could not finish the game going bang-bang and lost on the final delivery of the match. Yasaswi Jaiswal and parag threw it away and lost it. Couple of weeks ago, RCB lost against KKR by one run with patidhar, will jacks throwing their wickets away
This is not the first time he plays slow outside. ALmost every time. I still remember from world T20. Against Bangladesh Kohli was 50 runs in 39 balls at the end of 18th over on a flat feather bed. He couldn't score quickly against left arm spinners. 19th over hit a 4 and 6. Then Ashwin hit a 6 and 4. We got a decent total. Even then that was not enough. Bangladesh almost tracked it down until we got a lucky escape with run out of Litton Das. Otherwise our team was gone for all money. Exactly on the same pitch Kohli played exactly the same against England. 50 runs in 40 balls. England didn't choke like Banlgadesh.

This is not the first time he plays slow outside. ALmost every time. I still remember from world T20. Against Bangladesh Kohli was 50 runs in 39 balls at the end of 18th over on a flat feather bed. He couldn't score quickly against left arm spinners. 19th over hit a 4 and 6. Then Ashwin hit a 6 and 4. We got a decent total. Even then that was not enough. Bangladesh almost tracked it down until we got a lucky escape with run out of Litton Das. Otherwise our team was gone for all money. Exactly on the same pitch Kohli played exactly the same against England. 50 runs in 40 balls. England didn't choke like Banlgadesh.
Rohit scored 28 off 27 and KL rahul scored 5 off 5 in the same semifinal. Setting targets in t20 is challenging since the pitches tend to be sluggish in first innings as was evident in 2021 t20 /2022 t20. Yes, his spin hitting was on decline coinciding with a dip in his form from 2019-2022. Kohli is back to his best with addition of sweep/slog sweep to his game. Lets see what he does in the remaining RCB matches and world t20. His batting technique and temperament changed for good @ t20. you will see a different approach.

Rohit scored 28 off 27 and KL rahul scored 5 off 5 in the same semifinal. Setting targets in t20 is challenging since the pitches tend to be sluggish in first innings as was evident in 2021 t20 /2022 t20. Yes, his spin hitting was on decline coinciding with a dip in his form from 2019-2022. Kohli is back to his best with addition of sweep/slog sweep to his game. Lets see what he does in the remaining RCB matches and world t20. His batting technique and temperament changed for good @ t20. you will see a different approach.
Kohli's slog sweeps only on wickets with zero turn. Last 2 matches abssolutely no real turn. But against LSG two left arm spinners opened. He was exposed badly.

Kohli's slog sweeps only on wickets with zero turn. Last 2 matches abssolutely no real turn. But against LSG two left arm spinners opened. He was exposed badly.
Kohli was finding his feet/yet to strike his form during first half of the tournament, against LSG he lost shape trying to attack the spinner in powerplay . He was the lone warrior with out will jacks, patidhar not hitting form during first half of IPL. Harpreet brar got better off kohli in the past. Hapreet brar and rahul chahar in the next match against Kohli would be an interesting battle. If he fails to score or gets into a shell in this match, I will surely agree that he tends to slow down post powerplay.

you stand corrected. There was turn, its just that he dominated trio of sai kishore/rashid(out of form) and noor. Even todays match , will jacks could not put bat on ball.

Todays match . People spitting venom on kohli should check the score card. You have 4 batters losing their wickets for scores of 1,2,4 and 1. Mind you, DK finished well but It was rashid khan who is struggling. Noor was bowling extremely well

Royal Challengers Bengaluru (T: 148 runs from 20 ovs)
BATTINGRBM4s6sSR
Virat Kohlic †Saha b Noor Ahmad42275224155.55
Faf du Plessis (c)c Shahrukh Khan b Little642328103278.26
Will Jacksc Shahrukh Khan b Noor Ahmad1340033.33
Rajat Patidarc Miller b Little2330066.66
Glenn Maxwellc Miller b Little43210133.33
Cameron Greenc Shahrukh Khan b Little1260050.00
Dinesh Karthik †not out21122030175.00
Swapnil Singhnot out1591521166.66
Basit ali, ex-pak cricketer exactly shared the same views as above, kohli wanted to ensure RCB wins due to fall of 5 wickets in no time

Didn't watch... Even without bang bang a set batsman can easily score 14 ball 20 with singles and doubles which Kohli wasn't able to..

Kohli has played similar kind of inning before in this ipl. Not 1 but more than 1 time. Kohli is struggling in the middle phase and other teams know how to contain him in those middle overs. RCB has won the game but it should have been a comfortable victory.

In an interview with a sports channel Wasim Akram dismissed all the negativitiy around Kohli's performance as an unnecassary debate:

"If a batter is scoring 100 at a strike rate of 150, then it's fine. If the team was winning, there wouldn't have been criticism, but they are again in last position. When Kohli was captain, the pressure was on. Now, he is not the captain, still there is pressure on him,"

"He is scoring runs in one game after the other, but one person cannot win you matches. The entire team has to do it. To criticize him without any reason is not fair,"

"He is a role model of this generation on and off the field. Be it fitness, performance, consistency, followers, social media, he is just incredible. He talks well; he is a natural, born leader and a match-winner."

With the highest run getter in IPL 2024 is there any doubt in someone's mind whether Virat should play World Cup 2024?

1714951377329.png

With the highest run getter in IPL 2024 is there any doubt in someone's mind whether Virat should play World Cup 2024?

View attachment 143635
I would still want youngsters over him. Can't have 4 out of 4 top batsmen who can't roll their arm over.Having such players mean your tail will get longer. It allows the license to tuk tuk. Also i would go with high strike six hitters who can bowl a bit
In terms of impact Ruturaj is the best. He is not even in the reserves.

Screenshot-2024-05-05-183232.jpg

I would still want youngsters over him. Can't have 4 out of 4 top batsmen who can't roll their arm over.Having such players mean your tail will get longer. It allows the license to tuk tuk. Also i would go with high strike six hitters who can bowl a bit
In terms of impact Ruturaj is the best. He is not even in the reserves.

Screenshot-2024-05-05-183232.jpg
wow that Ruturaj guy is simply sensational this year..

anyways Virat is someone who can better handle the pressure so i will pick him over any Indian Batter specially during the chase.

Some people believe that Virat will do wonders against Pak but they should know that flukes doesn't happen often.

Back