[VIDEOS] Does Virat Kohli deserve to play in the ICC T20I World Cup 2024?

Does Virat Kohli deserve to play in the ICC T20I World Cup 2024?

• Total voters
IPL has some really good bowlers.
I really don't think so. Only jasprit the ugly action bumrah is good in low grade IPL.

Mitchell starc who is playing this season(his 2nd season I think) way past his prime.

Trent boult same as starc not good enough anymore, pat Cummins is not a T20 bowler, kagiso rabada has never been a T20 bowler he is very average in t20s(especially international t20s).

I don't see any standout T20 bowler in IPL spinner or a fast bowler. Rashid khan used to be good but he has been struggling for form a lot nowadays he is not good anymore.

Just so many trundlers in this league. Like now in this match bhuvaneshwar Kumar natrajan and so many others.

Hopefully , he can destroy Pakistani bowlers. Against proper attacks , I'm not sure our batting lineup , including Kohli, can do much.

I really don't think so. Only jasprit the ugly action bumrah is good in low grade IPL.

Mitchell starc who is playing this season(his 2nd season I think) way past his prime.

Trent boult same as starc not good enough anymore, pat Cummins is not a T20 bowler, kagiso rabada has never been a T20 bowler he is very average in t20s(especially international t20s).

I don't see any standout T20 bowler in IPL spinner or a fast bowler. Rashid khan used to be good but he has been struggling for form a lot nowadays he is not good anymore.

Just so many trundlers in this league. Like now in this match bhuvaneshwar Kumar natrajan and so many others.
So who is a good bowler according to your standards?

So who is a good bowler according to your standards?
So you think the guy who is leading IPL bowling charts is a good bowler that's harshal Patel. LOL.
This harshal Patel regularly tops this low league bowling charts.

So many other trundler kumars are top wicket takers in this low grade league.LOL.

So you think the guy who is leading IPL bowling charts is a good bowler that's harshal Patel. LOL.
This harshal Patel regularly tops this low league bowling charts.

So many other trundler kumars are top wicket takers in this low grade league.LOL.
You’re answering my question though. Who are the good bowlers according to your standards?

Clearly not harshal Patel. So who is it

Virat Kohli is an absolute beast and any fans that question his place in the team are delusional.

I feel really bad for VK. No offence to my Indian brothers but some Indian fans have made his life and career hell over the years. From targeting his wife, to his commitment to the Indian team to his captaincy. An absolute joke.

GOAT batsman for me. Above Tendulkar, above Lara, above the Don or anyone else.
In odi yes. Not in test, those 2 are superior in test easily. Lara especially

Your favourite team is the greatest team ever, brother. Easy not to underestimate them
Well tbf they weren't the strongest in 2023, they got lucky.

India is a massive chocker in finals and plays like spring chikens besides Rohit ofcpurse, everyone else was clueless that day and the fielding which was great throughout the tournament was once again trash in knockout stages which India has consistently been for years now.

Afghanistan dropped maxwell on 29.

Travis head came back at the right time.

It was a lot of luck that they had, not just skill, although you obviously can't deny their skill, even with this luck they were still the 3rd strongest team behind India and batting first SA.

However 2nd strongest overall if you exclude SA batting first as SA sucks chasing.

India is a massive chocker in finals and plays like spring chikens besides Rohit ofcpurse, everyone else was clueless that day and the fielding which was great throughout the tournament was once again trash in knockout stages which India has consistently been for years now.

It was a lot of luck that they had, not just skill, although you obviously can't deny their skill, even with this luck they were still the 3rd strongest team behind India and batting first SA.

However 2nd strongest overall if you exclude SA batting first as SA sucks chasing.
Mitch starc almost choked against new zealand by starting with 5 wides in 50th over. Insnae fielding efforts of Labuscaghne in the 50 overs prevented NZ chasing down 382. They lost by 5 runs.They were at one point at the bottom of the table.

Mitch starc almost choked against new zealand by starting with 5 wides in 50th over. Insnae fielding efforts of Labuscaghne in the 50 overs prevented NZ chasing down 382. They lost by 5 runs.They were at one point at the bottom of the table.
Australia fielding literally won them 2023 WC. Even in final they were magnificent

It doesn't change the fact they were the 2nd strongest.

A good team can fail a few times amd have shocking results yes, but if you look at their track records you'd realise the standings.

Australia were still overall the 2nd strongest team and tbh they became the strongest once Travis head came back.

You’re answering my question though. Who are the good bowlers according to your standards?

Clearly not harshal Patel. So who is it
The thing is players who dont have a good PR team are not given enough press time and they are underrated. Sandeep Sharma is a good bowler, people just look at the stats but they need to watch games . Sandeep bowled tough overs when batsmen were beserk, run rate was 10+ etc. Natarajan is another one. Bowled tough death overs mostly when batsmen are just going ballistic. And in spinners - Ravi Bishnoi again always reduced the run rate.. Way better than that Yuzi Chahal who gets popularity due to his youtube videos and dances. But these 3 bowlers I mentioned are low key , not huge youtubers, keep a low profile , are not show offy or arrogant and so dont get hyped up

Rohit played well for sure for quick fire 40+ scores in 30 plus balls all through out the world cup. He scored a 6 and 4 and threw it away against maxwell. Virat scored 3 back to back boundaries against starc in the powerplay.

You stand corrected when you put kohli being clueless. Definetly not, he was going slightly less than a ball. 49 off 55 before his final score read 53 off 64 balls with strike rate of 90. He did the consolidation act very well having lost rohit and shreyas in no time. Definetly unfortunate to get out.

KL Rahul sucked the entire momentum, surya and jadeja were disaster.

India is a massive chocker in finals.
not in 2023, the pitch doctoring backfired big time. opting for a slow pitch by rohit undone India. 1996 ODI final Aus scored 241 on a similar slowish track against SL. AUS were no chokers,ah? Please factor in conditon of pitch before you start calling india choked in the final.

Rohit played well for sure for quick fire 40+ scores in 30 plus balls all through out the world cup. He scored a 6 and 4 and threw it away against maxwell. Virat scored 3 back to back boundaries against starc in the powerplay.

You stand corrected when you put kohli being clueless. Definetly not, he was going slightly less than a ball. 49 off 55 before his final score read 53 off 64 balls with strike rate of 90. He did the consolidation act very well having lost rohit and shreyas in no time. Definetly unfortunate to get out.

KL Rahul sucked the entire momentum, surya and jadeja were disaster.

India is a massive chocker in finals.
not in 2023, the pitch doctoring backfired big time. opting for a slow pitch by rohit undone India. 1996 ODI final Aus scored 241 on a similar slowish track against SL. AUS were no chokers,ah? Please factor in conditon of pitch before you start calling india choked in the final.
So India tampered the pitches? And still chocked? What's your point?

So India tampered the pitches? And still chocked? What's your point?
Duo of rohit sharma and dravid opted for slowish track which undone India. Ind vs PAK on the same pitch, PAK was all out for 191 with ball reversing post 30 overs. The captain and coach were tactically wrong to opt for slowish track overthinking on weakness of aussies . When India scored 398 odd in semis on a flat track, they should have gone for a true surface , was not to be.

India did not loose to bangaldesh but the mighty Aussies. Please do not call this chocking

1987 AUS
1999 AUS
2003 AUS
2007 AUS
2023 AUS

historically AUS plays a notch higher in finals, unfortunately Inidan team management got the tactics wrong.

@mominsaigol I would take a final exit than an abysmal record of Pak's first round exit in 2003/2007/2015/2019/2023.
Two best teams reaching the final has no scope for labelling the other team as chokers.

@mominsaigol I would take a final exit than an abysmal record of Pak's first round exit in 2003/2007/2015/2019/2023.
Two best teams reaching the final has no scope for labelling the other team as chokers.
What does Pakistan have anything to do with this?

India is an established chocker, even kapil dev calls them a chocker. You wishing to disagree as an Indian fan is your own opinion lol

@mominsaigol would you be okay for a first round exit vs final exit of any team, be it india or Pakistan. Dhoni is regarded as the best captain in IPL history. Chennai super kings has reached final 10 times out of which CSK won 5 and lost 5. Losing in finals cant be attributed or should not be attributed to being chokers. Two best teams reach final, so anything can happen.

Srilanka lost 2012 t20 finals and won 2014 t20 finals. did they choke in 2012 and not choke in 2014? I see this as being consistent irrespective of result. Choking is a term to normalize or discredit a consistent team. Barring South africa or the 90's India, I do not see india as chokers. India under achieved but that aint choking.

This thread is not about India team and their chocking discussion. Please stay on topic.

This thread is not about India team and their chocking discussion. Please stay on topic.
Yes sir. Virat kohli has added new gear to his t20 batting . he is the highest six hitter and his strike rate is near 155+ . A resurgence of kohli with similar form as 2016 t20. He not only deserves to play but all set to win a knock out single handedly this time

Virat Kohli is peaking at the right time, the way he is playing Indian team cant even think about going into the the WC without him.

Kohli is not the problem tbh. The real problem is Rohit Sharma. Virat has been scoring runs and scoring them at good rate. Not sure why his inclusion is being made controversial.

Ponting suggests different role for Kohli at T20 World Cup

The Australia great has his say on how India may use Virat Kohli at next month's T20 World Cup.

ICC Hall of Famer Ricky Ponting believes Virat Kohli remains the first player picked in India’s XI for next month’s ICC Men’s T20 World Cup and has revealed where he thinks the star right-hander should bat.

With the Men’s T20 World Cup around the corner, there is a great buzz around the selections and strategies of the Indian cricket team and who should be chosen in their XI for their tournament opener against Ireland in New York on June 5.

While Kohli has been in fine form in the role of opener for Royal Challengers Bangalore at the ongoing Indian Premier League with a tournament-best 708 runs from 14 innings, questions have been raised about his strike rate at the top of the batting order.

Australia legend Ponting, a three-time ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup winner, says that while strike rates have taken precedence over averages in recent times, Kohli remains as relevant to India’s fortunes as before.

“The mantra I think for the teams three or four years ago, was making sure that someone at the top of the order made 80 or 100, even if it took them 60 balls, it didn't really matter,” Ponting told the ICC.

“I think it's sort of shifting now to be more of a strike rate based game where you can have a massive impact on a game with a 40 off 15 balls rather than getting an 80 off 55 balls sort of thing.”

While Kohli has primarily batted at No.3 for India in the shortest format in the past, Ponting thinks the 35-year-old will be best served opening the batting alongside skipper Rohit Sharma at the T20 World Cup.

“They (selectors) have still got a decision to make because (Yashasvi) Jaiswal is in that squad and one thing they haven't got a lot in their team is left-hand batters,” Ponting noted.

“So they've got a decision to make with Jaiswal, but I'm pretty sure that they'll go with Kohli and Rohit Sharma (as openers).”

Ponting is once again backing Kohli to deliver on the biggest stage of all at next month’s T20 World Cup.

“It's funny with Virat. I think people in India just always try to find a reason not to pick him or a reason why he's maybe not as good as some of these other guys in the T20 game,” he said.

“He (Kohli) is the first pick for me for India.

“He can play his role at the top. And if you've got the right guys around him scoring (like) Suryakumar (Yadav)...Rohit Sharma's going to have a high strike rate. These other guys can go in there and play their way.”

Kohli was the leading run-getter at the last Men’s T20 World Cup, playing crucial knocks in key games such as his 82* against Pakistan and an even 50 against England in the semi-finals.

According to Ponting, Kohli’s quality to stand out in big matches worked in his favour.

“I remember having this chat and some other chats I did for the ICC about there's some talk about Virat not being in their team only last year, but what happened when the big games come around, he was one of the guys who got the job done,” Ponting noted.

“So class and experience like that, you can't replace.”

ICC

A big today and Kohli departs without doing anything special. Can RCB beat the struggling RR today?

AB de Villiers thinks he's best suited to bat at number 3. He shared this insight during a recent interaction with local Indian media outlet:

“Virat has been phenomenal opening the batting, but I still believe he’s a number three batter. I’ve told him this myself, and I’ve been saying it for years.”

“He’s sticking to his guns and understanding his game.”

“If I had the say, he would bat number three on my team. He’s the best in the world when he’s playing normal cricket, between overs six and 20. That’s where he excels at reading the game and hitting the ball into spaces.”

“If he gets out early, the middle order faces immense pressure because no one else can hold the innings together like him.”

Ponting suggests different role for Kohli at T20 World Cup

The Australia great has his say on how India may use Virat Kohli at next month's T20 World Cup.

ICC Hall of Famer Ricky Ponting believes Virat Kohli remains the first player picked in India’s XI for next month’s ICC Men’s T20 World Cup and has revealed where he thinks the star right-hander should bat.

With the Men’s T20 World Cup around the corner, there is a great buzz around the selections and strategies of the Indian cricket team and who should be chosen in their XI for their tournament opener against Ireland in New York on June 5.

While Kohli has been in fine form in the role of opener for Royal Challengers Bangalore at the ongoing Indian Premier League with a tournament-best 708 runs from 14 innings, questions have been raised about his strike rate at the top of the batting order.

Australia legend Ponting, a three-time ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup winner, says that while strike rates have taken precedence over averages in recent times, Kohli remains as relevant to India’s fortunes as before.

“The mantra I think for the teams three or four years ago, was making sure that someone at the top of the order made 80 or 100, even if it took them 60 balls, it didn't really matter,” Ponting told the ICC.

“I think it's sort of shifting now to be more of a strike rate based game where you can have a massive impact on a game with a 40 off 15 balls rather than getting an 80 off 55 balls sort of thing.”

While Kohli has primarily batted at No.3 for India in the shortest format in the past, Ponting thinks the 35-year-old will be best served opening the batting alongside skipper Rohit Sharma at the T20 World Cup.

“They (selectors) have still got a decision to make because (Yashasvi) Jaiswal is in that squad and one thing they haven't got a lot in their team is left-hand batters,” Ponting noted.

“So they've got a decision to make with Jaiswal, but I'm pretty sure that they'll go with Kohli and Rohit Sharma (as openers).”

Ponting is once again backing Kohli to deliver on the biggest stage of all at next month’s T20 World Cup.

“It's funny with Virat. I think people in India just always try to find a reason not to pick him or a reason why he's maybe not as good as some of these other guys in the T20 game,” he said.

“He (Kohli) is the first pick for me for India.

“He can play his role at the top. And if you've got the right guys around him scoring (like) Suryakumar (Yadav)...Rohit Sharma's going to have a high strike rate. These other guys can go in there and play their way.”

Kohli was the leading run-getter at the last Men’s T20 World Cup, playing crucial knocks in key games such as his 82* against Pakistan and an even 50 against England in the semi-finals.

According to Ponting, Kohli’s quality to stand out in big matches worked in his favour.

“I remember having this chat and some other chats I did for the ICC about there's some talk about Virat not being in their team only last year, but what happened when the big games come around, he was one of the guys who got the job done,” Ponting noted.

“So class and experience like that, you can't replace.”

ICC
Pointing bro, Kohli opening is fine, ut you can't have rohit open with him, You need to include one youngster atleast.

While speaking on a local Indian sports platform, Michael Vaughan expressed his opinion that Virat Kohli still has a long way to go in his cricketing career, given his exceptional fitness levels:

"A brilliant season. You talk about retirement with Virat Kohli, I look at this in a way that he can play for long. He is that fit. Unless his mind goes and he's obviously got a young family now. In two-three years' time, everything changes, and he just wants to spend quiet time; I completely get that."

"During his time away from the India vs England Test series, I believe he went to London and led a normal life. I've read a few of his comments and quotes, and he just absolutely adored that normal life. I think that may take Virat away from cricket, like he just wants to go and have a quiet time for a while."

While speaking on a local Indian sports platform, Michael Vaughan expressed his opinion that Virat Kohli still has a long way to go in his cricketing career, given his exceptional fitness levels:

"A brilliant season. You talk about retirement with Virat Kohli, I look at this in a way that he can play for long. He is that fit. Unless his mind goes and he's obviously got a young family now. In two-three years' time, everything changes, and he just wants to spend quiet time; I completely get that."

"During his time away from the India vs England Test series, I believe he went to London and led a normal life. I've read a few of his comments and quotes, and he just absolutely adored that normal life. I think that may take Virat away from cricket, like he just wants to go and have a quiet time for a while."
I want kohli to break the 100-100 record. Just 21 more centuries and he's beyond fit. Like if chacha can play so can kohli.

At the rate this dude gets centuries, literally 5 centuries in 9 games of the wc he can easily break the record.

I expect him to hit atleast 1 century this cup and plenty during the ct 2025 season.

All the ex players and commentators sucking up to Kohli is so nauseating. Ind doesn't owe kohli anything. In fact kohli should feel grateful that he had the chance to represent Ind in so many games from a popn of 1.5 billion. This constant kohli this kohli that is just getting so ridiculous now. Personally he doesn't deserve a spot in the t20wc. The t20 game has changed. His slow knock in the ipl eliminator play off cost his team about 20 runs. SRH even though they exploded and top order collapsed totally ( head 0, abhishek 3, reddy 9) - they still managed 160. And that wont happen frequently. Even if 1 of them stayed- they would have made 190+

So this kohli game of slower SR doesn't work anymore. And his struggles against quaali8spin even in the ipl will be thoroughly exposed in the T20WC.

All the ex players and commentators sucking up to Kohli is so nauseating. Ind doesn't owe kohli anything. In fact kohli should feel grateful that he had the chance to represent Ind in so many games from a popn of 1.5 billion. This constant kohli this kohli that is just getting so ridiculous now. Personally he doesn't deserve a spot in the t20wc. The t20 game has changed. His slow knock in the ipl eliminator play off cost his team about 20 runs. SRH even though they exploded and top order collapsed totally ( head 0, abhishek 3, reddy 9) - they still managed 160. And that wont happen frequently. Even if 1 of them stayed- they would have made 190+

So this kohli game of slower SR doesn't work anymore. And his struggles against quaali8spin even in the ipl will be thoroughly exposed in the T20WC.
He may be exposed in some matches but there are six others who need to step up their games ..If some team has six kohlis in their batting order that will definitely be a great batting squad ..That's enough for his inclusion in the team ..He has earned it ..

No, Jaiswal must open with rohit. Rohit is burned out but he's am amazing PP utiliser. He needs to bat fir 6 overs and can then get out. Jaiswal and kohli to bat through with sky bashing at 4 ams the rest playing cameos.
Jaiswal may not be as polished as Virat Kohli, but he has the potential to play a crucial anchor role.

Jaiswal may not be as polished as Virat Kohli, but he has the potential to play a crucial anchor role.
Jaiswal has no business with anchoring. He should be a hit or miss than statpadding. One stat padder for team is enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Former Indian cricket team batter Sanjay Manjrekar believes that Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma will not repeat the mistakes they made in the T20 World Cup 2022 semifinal match against England, as he wrote in his column:

"In the last T20 World Cup two years ago, in the semis against England in Adelaide, India batted first and got only 168 runs in 20 overs, and a shocking 62 in the first 10. The bulk of deliveries in this crucial period were faced by the seniors, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli. Rohit got 27 off 28 balls at a strike rate of 96, while Virat secured 50 off 40 balls at a strike rate of 125, eventually getting out in the 18th over."

"Is there still a lingering risk attached to Virat – that when it comes to the big stage, the knockout games, he is preoccupied with batting longer rather than batting quicker? For Indian cricket's sake, let's hope this preoccupation is buried deep."

I'd be hyped for this tournament if we had ABhishek Sharma and Parag in the squad in place of Rohit and Virat.

As per reports,No clarity on Virat Kohli's arrival for T20 World Cup, set to miss India vs Bangladesh warm-up match

As per reports,No clarity on Virat Kohli's arrival for T20 World Cup, set to miss India vs Bangladesh warm-up match

This is just a prima donna being a prima donna.

Indian cricket is being run on the whims and fancies of Kohli.

Suresh Raina recommends Virat Kohli bat at number three as India gears up for the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 in the USA and West Indies, the former all-rounder said in a local channel interview:

“I think despite his success in the Indian Premier League (IPL 2024), he should revert back at No.3. He has a great temperament, but pitches in India and the USA will be completely different. He has the ability to change the game when whenever India has needed him. The Pakistan match in Melbourne was a great example why he is still one of the best in the business.”

Virat Kohli opens up on playing cricket in USA ahead of T20 World Cup: ‘Starting of a domino effect’​

The stage is set for the T20 World Cup 2024 as the USA is all set to co-host the tournament alongside the West Indies. The mega ICC event is going to be extremely crucial to create massive awareness about the sport in the USA where basketball and baseball are enjoyed by a wider audience. Big players like Virat Kohli will also play a big role in promoting the game in the states as cricket will also be part of the Los Angeles Olympics in 2028.

India batting maestro Kohli talked about playing in the USA and said he never thought that he would be playing in the States and hailed the country for accepting the change and being one of the first ones to do it.

“Honestly, I never thought we would be playing cricket in any form in the States. But now it’s a reality. And that tells you about the growing impact of the sport in the world and the United States is more than willing to accept the change and be probably the first ones on a global scale to accept it, in a way, with the World Cup," Kohli said in a video message.

The former India captain, who will be playing in the T20 World Cup, said that having a T20 WC in the USA will be the start of a domino effect.

“I think it’s a great start. It’s the ideal way to begin and it’s going to have a huge impact, and in starting off a kind of a domino effect. I hope it carries on for a long period of time,” the 35-year-old added.

Talking further about the emergence of cricket in the USA, Kohli said that with the franchise league tournament MLC already happening there, cricket has a big potential to grow in the country.

“We have enough people from our regions to keep the game up and alive in the States and make the others more aware about what it feels like to play and watch cricket. And I think it’s got great potential, with the MLC as well. There is already franchise cricket happening there. So I think, it’s moving in the right direction,” he stated, while concluding his thoughts on cricket in America.

Sunil Gavaskar has revealed his preferred opening partner for Rohit Sharma, sharing his thoughts during a chat on local Indian sports channel following the tournament's opening match between USA and Canada:

"The kind of form Virat Kohli has been in, especially in the second half of the season, he should open with Rohit Sharma. Good players are good players, the kind of form kohli has shown in the IPL, he has to open the batting. It's good to talk about the left-hand, right-hand combination on television, but good players are good players no matter where they bat."

"Yashasvi Jaiswal hasn't been in the sort of form we saw him in during the Test series."

Sunil Gavaskar has revealed his preferred opening partner for Rohit Sharma, sharing his thoughts during a chat on local Indian sports channel following the tournament's opening match between USA and Canada:

"The kind of form Virat Kohli has been in, especially in the second half of the season, he should open with Rohit Sharma. Good players are good players, the kind of form kohli has shown in the IPL, he has to open the batting. It's good to talk about the left-hand, right-hand combination on television, but good players are good players no matter where they bat."

"Yashasvi Jaiswal hasn't been in the sort of form we saw him in during the Test series."
This is the first time ever Kohli opened with Rohit. It was long back. Kohli was like 22 of 20 or something before accelerating in this match

GPDgtNgagAAmpTS

Shameless gavaskar always sucking up to seniors like rohit kohli dhoni. Jaiswal should be the opener .

Shameless gavaskar always sucking up to seniors like rohit kohli dhoni. Jaiswal should be the opener .
It seems like Jaiswal may not even be in the picture. I don't care if he doesn't play against USA and other teams. But he shoul be part of the XI matches that will be held in West Indies.

It seems like Jaiswal may not even be in the picture. I don't care if he doesn't play against USA and other teams. But he shoul be part of the XI matches that will be held in West Indies.
Jaiswal, Rinku were groomed for t20 wc from past year.In wc. ,others are replacing them to cover the weakness of the senior openers.Dube brought to hit out the spinners .He can't play pacers and bouncers .Chahal inclusion doesn't make sense as he is not even selected for warm ups.

Jaiswal, Rinku were groomed for t20 wc from past year.In wc. ,others are replacing them to cover the weakness of the senior openers.Dube brought to hit out the spinners .He can't play pacers and bouncers .Chahal inclusion doesn't make sense as he is not even selected for warm ups.
And rinku is not even in the squad now. Chahal git hammered in the 2nd part of ipl - a useless selection. Ind team will have some big embarrassment this t20wc

And rinku is not even in the squad now. Chahal git hammered in the 2nd part of ipl - a useless selection. Ind team will have some big embarrassment this t20wc
Rohit ,Dravid should answer their wierd selections.sky in wc first and now Jaiswal, chahal choices.Rohit was proclaiming about chahal inclusion as though he found a gem and that gem is not good enough to play warm matches.Both Openers have issues with left arm bowlers(Fast or Spin)

There are speculations in India that Virat Kohli will be dropped from the ICC T20I World Cup despite him currently holding the Orange Cap with 361 runs in seven matches at a strike rate of 147 in IPL 2024.

Now according to media reports, Kohli's future was discussed right after the ODI World Cup, as captain Rohit Sharma and coach Rahul Dravid met with the BCCI's chief of the selection committee. There was a consensus among the selection committee that Kohli's place at the T20 World Cup was not guaranteed.

Would it be the right decision to drop Virat Kohli from the ICC T20I World Cup 2024 squad?
He's having the best form of his life, it's terrible to even think about excluding him out of the squad for WC-24.

Obviously, Chahal's selection was too biased. They did have mount of options available to go with.

Matthew Hayden stated on an international sports channel that Virat Kohli wouldn't make the cut in his team unless he considers opening the batting:

"You have to have a left-right combination. You can't have five right-handers in a row. Australia would just say hello to Zampa. Kohli has to open or he does not play in my team. He is in absolute red-hot form."

Hopefully, Mohammad Amir and Shaheen Shah Afridi have a strategy in place to counter him

V0GclIp.png

Sanjay Manjrekar said while speaking to a sports media outlet:

"The problem with Virat Kohli is that there has been a lot of talk about his strike rate over the last two years, and he completely changed that during this IPL season. He probably must have come to the T20 World Cup with that same mindset, but given the pitches, the old Virat Kohli would have been much better. So, I feel someone should tell him to bring back that earlier version of himself and then change again when the pitches become flat."

Virat Kohli in T20 World Cup 2024

1(5) vs Ireland
4(3) vs Pakistan
0(1) vs USA

The move to open with Kohli has backfired awfully

Instance Virat Kohli has been dismissed for a Golden Duck in T20Is

vs AFG, Bengaluru, 2024
vs USA, New York, 2024

He never had a golden duck before 2024

But he is still an ATG lol
Of course he is. NY pitch hasn’t be to his liking, he is in pretty good form as well.

This is definitely his final T20 World Cup, and he is still the most likely Indian batsman to produce a huge innings in a big game.

Of course he is. NY pitch hasn’t be to his liking, he is in pretty good form as well.

This is definitely his final T20 World Cup, and he is still the most likely Indian batsman to produce a huge innings in a big game.
So far he has failed to impress, he needs a title to validate his ATG status. Like Messi

Oh look you ran away from me after another cheap shot, go figure, knew you wouldn't reply to me lol.

But you'll reply to this message, obviously that's unless if I say pat Cummings captained 2022 wc 🤡.

That'll cause you run like the wind. Anyway I am curious, answer the previous thread since you ping me 25x a day, I'll give you my full attention today. Takes a huge huge effort to ping someone 25x and get it

Oh look you ran away from me after another cheap shot, go figure, knew you wouldn't reply to me lol.

But you'll reply to this message, obviously that's unless if I say pat Cummings captained 2022 wc 🤡.

That'll cause you run like the wind. Anyway I am curious, answer the previous thread since you ping me 25x a day, I'll give you my full attention today. Takes a huge huge effort to ping someone 25x and get it

As I said, I don’t have much recollection of Australia from the 2022 T20 World Cup.

They had a rubbish tournament and they weren’t in the same group as Pakistan, so I didn’t really watch their matches and followed their scorecards to see what was going on.

So it is not a big deal if I didn’t remember who captained Australia in that World Cup, especially because Finch retired after that World Cup and I have no recollection of him from that World Cup

Last edited by a moderator:
So far he has failed to impress, he needs a title to validate his ATG status. Like Messi
His status a legend of the game was established years ago. He doesn’t need this World Cup to prove anything.

This World Cup will not define his legacy. The only thing that this World Cup can give him is a nice send off from this format that is if India win the World Cup.

His status a legend of the game was established years ago. He doesn’t need this World Cup to prove anything.

This World Cup will not define his legacy. The only thing that this World Cup can give him is a nice send off from this format that is if India win the World Cup.
Funny how a post from yours in 2022 contradicts your own viewpoints here.

Then again i expect such a forgetful memory from someone who claimed pat Cummings captained 2022 wc 🤡

I laugh at you all the time, anyway, Answer post 178 on the previous thread, I asked a question in which you're still running away.

Also don't talk about my family or immigrants when you have British Pakistani cousins whom you deem as murderers
Ok, you can laugh if that is what you want to do, but please no more family portraits and selfies. We have seen enough.

Also, I don’t need your attention. Your present yourself like a prostitute in the streets of Amsterdam with your ignorant and pathetic posts in every thread that is filled with nothing but your anti-Babar agenda, so of course you will be called out for not adding anything intelligent to this forum and not engaging in any credible discourse.

It is just a case of hit and run with you. Log in, cry about Babar and then move to another thread. Please grow up or leave this forum for more intelligent and articulate people to take up your space.

He is too early into every shot. Most players couldn't get hte timing right. I think he has been given a role to attack from ball 1. But an experienced unit like India should assess the conditions and play accordingly. Chasing wide balls is a recipe for disaster.

Ok, you can laugh if that is what you want to do, but please no more family portraits and selfies. We have seen enough.

Also, I don’t need your attention. Your present yourself like a prostitute in the streets of Amsterdam with your ignorant and pathetic posts in every thread that is filled with nothing but your anti-Babar agenda, so of course you will be called out for not adding anything intelligent to this forum and not engaging in any credible discourse.

It is just a case of hit and run with you. Log in, cry about Babar and then move to another thread. Please grow up or leave this forum for more intelligent and articulate people to take up your space.
Right, who's pinging me 25x a day?

I don't need you present, I already know your history and the plethora of comments made about you here and outside. Your own reputation proceeds you, the funny thing is you've been called a prostitute by others, genuinely, so I have no need to say it myself.

The one who should leave is you, aka the person who has beef with 99% of pp and makes immigrant jokes and calls his own family murders.

And theirs no hit and running, I am right here, to spank you 24/7, make you cry, make your life a miserable hell. You signed your own death warrant when you decided to cause beef with people.

Right, who's pinging me 25x a day?

I don't need you present, I already know your history and the plethora of comments made about you here and outside. Your own reputation proceeds you, the funny thing is you've been called a prostitute by others, genuinely, so I have no need to say it myself.

The one who should leave is you, aka the person who has beef with 99% of pp and makes immigrant jokes and calls his own family murders.

And theirs no hit and running, I am right here, to spank you 24/7, make you cry, make your life a miserable hell. You signed your own death warrant when you decided to cause beef with people.
I don’t need to know the stuff your Mommy enjoys. Please keep your personal life personal.

Back