Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi elected unanimously and unopposed as the PCB's 37th Chairman

Will Mohsin Naqvi end up as a successful Chairman PCB?

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi elected as PCB’s Chairman

Lahore, 6 February 2024:

Mr Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi, has been elected unanimously and unopposed as the Pakistan Cricket Board’s Chairman for a three-year term.

Mr Shah Khawar had summoned a special meeting of the Board of Governors (BoG) today at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Lahore.

Addressing the BoG following his election, Mr Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi said: “I am deeply honoured and humbled to have been unanimously elected as the Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board. I am thankful for the trust and confidence reposed in me.

“I am fully committed to upgrading the standard of the game in the country and bringing professionalism in the administration of cricket in Pakistan.”

The Board of Governors, who attended the special meeting, is listed as below:

1. Mr Mustafa Ramday (PCB Patron’s nominee)
2. Mr Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi (PCB Patron’s nominee)
3. Mr Sajjad Ali Khokhar, President Regional Cricket Association AJK
4. Mr Zafarullah Jadgal, President Regional Cricket Association Dera Murad Jamali
5. Mr Tanveer Ahmed, President Regional Cricket Association Larkana
6. Mr Tariq Sarwar, President Regional Cricket Association Bahawalpur
7. Mr Muhammad Ismail Qureshi, Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited
8. Dr Anwaar Ahmad Khan, Ghani Glass Limited
9. Mr Javed Iqbal, State Bank of Pakistan
10. Mr Osama Azhar, Pakistan Television
11. Nadeem Irshad Kayani, Secretary to the Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Inter Provincial Coordination (Non-voting member)

J8eOvAr.jpeg

Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi elected unanimously and unopposed as the PCB's 37th Chairman. Another person with no background in cricket gets appointed as the new chairman PCB. Can he revolutanize the cricket in Pakistan or the dismal fortunes of Pakistan cricket will continue? Your thoughts.

J8eOvAr.jpeg
Why does he want to become a Chairman of PCB?

I don't think he will turn out to be a good PCB chairman because he does not about cricket at all.

He will be changed after PMLN will form a government. I am seeing return of najam sethi after elections.

Banana republic.

I don't think he will turn out to be a good PCB chairman because he does not about cricket at all.
He’s supposed to be an administrator. If he knows his job on how to run the office, that’s what matters.

We’ve seen how a cricketer thought he knew how to run an office and turned the PCB into the national lampoons

He’s supposed to be an administrator. If he knows his job on how to run the office, that’s what matters.

We’ve seen how a cricketer thought he knew how to run an office and turned the PCB into the national lampoons

But will he be removed when new gov comes in? What if PPP are in power?

Heard many positive about him. He is a professional and successful person not unprofessional and useless like Zaka.

But will he be removed when new gov comes in? What if PPP are in power?
He is favoured by the PPP as he has a close friendship with Zardari.

I am not sure if the PMLN favours him though.

We need to give him a chance before passing any judgements. Worst thing will be to remove him after a short while.

Give him time and accountability.

weird how this happens days before the elections.. maybe part of some agreements between the rulers

Make an administrator who runs a Chicken Shop to run the administration of a Bank, and you will see a mess.

I expected better from you buddy.

I reckon the ruling party in the next government will have their Chairman installed so at the very least this gives Mohsin a year to play with his new toy.

A year? The mods on PP already have “Sethi replaces Naqvi as chairman” saved in their drafts for next month.

Make an administrator who runs a Chicken Shop to run the administration of a Bank, and you will see a mess.

I expected better from you buddy.
He was a good sports minister from Punjab, so I don’t see why he shouldn’t be trusted at the PCB chairman. He isn’t going out of his field of expertise for this. It’s not like the PCB have appointed a Medical doctor to become the Chairman of the PCB.

You can appoint a cricketer to for the ‘director of cricket role’

Apparently he straight away ruled out the return of Babar Azam as captain?

A year? The mods on PP already have “Sethi replaces Naqvi as chairman” saved in their drafts for next month.
It will take some time for things for government to get sorted after elections in Pakistan. By the time the new government is ready to place their chairman. A good many months would've passed.

That's what happened when PDM government came in.

He’s in the good books of Nawaz and Zardari. He’ll get his 3 years. I think a option of let’s wait and see needs to be made in the poll. I’ve heard a lot of negatives about him but also some positives. I’m at least hopeful he won’t be incompetent like Zaka.

He's run a media channel and established it from nothing. Have also heard good things about him with regards to development projects in Punjab during his one year reign in charge as Punjab interim CM. Let's see how this all translates into the PCB chairmanship

He’s in the good books of Nawaz and Zardari. He’ll get his 3 years. I think a option of let’s wait and see needs to be made in the poll. I’ve heard a lot of negatives about him but also some positives. I’m at least hopeful he won’t be incompetent like Zaka.
Yep hopefully better than zaka

He was a good sports minister from Punjab, so I don’t see why he shouldn’t be trusted at the PCB chairman. He isn’t going out of his field of expertise for this. It’s not like the PCB have appointed a Medical doctor to become the Chairman of the PCB.

You can appoint a cricketer to for the ‘director of cricket role’
What was his achievement as sports minister? I have zilch trust in political appointments

He will be changed after PMLN will form a government. I am seeing return of najam sethi after elections.

Banana republic.
He has great relationship with the establishment, he is going nowhere

Ramiz Raja couldn't be sacked by Shehbaz till Bajwa's retirement.

They change chairmen like they're changing clothes. :ibutt

This position has become the equivalent of a participation trophy.

dont get why the rona dhona, the due process was followed today and was followed back in 2018 and 2021.

It was accepted back than, so accept it today.

Issue isnt the change in chairman, issue is why the chairman isnt from the fan favorite political party

PCB desperately needs a competent chairman who can take tough decisions, right commercial decisions for the PCB and take Pakistan Cricket forward. If Mohsin Naqvi is the man then so be it.

dont get why the rona dhona, the due process was followed today and was followed back in 2018 and 2021.

Issue isnt the change in chairman, issue is why the chairman isnt from the fan favorite political party

What are this man's credentials, other than shining the right boots?

How can a CM be allowed to lead a sports board? It's disgusting that people stand for such incompetence and corruption, acting as if this should be a normal everyday thing.

Lord knows what favors he did at the expense of Pakistanis to be given so many high-ranking positions as compensation.

Apparently Naqvi has already issued instructions in his first meeting with Wahab and Salman Naseer

- Review of the captains appointed by the previous administration

- Immediate hunt for a foreign coach for the team

- Review of all the previous appointments by the previous administration in the PCB

- Non performing players to be booted out, no sifarish will be tolerated

- Urgent review of PSL 9 preparations and to get it up to speed on a war footing

Apparently Naqvi has already issued instructions in his first meeting with Wahab and Salman Naseer

- Review of all the previous appointments by the previous administration in the PCB

- Urgent review of PSL 9 preparations and to get it up to speed on a war footing

He has a busy background, not the worst appointment. But PCB desperately needs someone competent who can stick around for a few years and follow through.

He has a busy background, not the worst appointment. But PCB desperately needs someone competent who can stick around for a few years and follow through.
This guy has been an illegal CM of Punjab, he has earnt billions from his TV channel for his support in regime change, under his govt IRK was kidnapped and tortured. So not the worst eh

So more guff. Didn't we read this guff when Sethi became chairman.

So you are OK with a serving CM( albeit an illegal one ) to become chairman of the PCB. Was RR or Mani PTI reps? Did they get big TV advert money? Did they parttake in kidnappings?

PCB desperately needs a competent chairman who can take tough decisions, right commercial decisions for the PCB and take Pakistan Cricket forward. If Mohsin Naqvi is the man then so be it.
What has he done that is competent? What does he know about cricket? Boot polishing and free money to use his TV station for propaganda isnt evidence of his competence.

What are this man's credentials, other than shining the right boots?

How can a CM be allowed to lead a sports board? It's disgusting that people stand for such incompetence and corruption, acting as if this should be a normal everyday thing.

Lord knows what favors he did at the expense of Pakistanis to be given so many high-ranking positions as compensation.
What were the credentials of Rameez Raja, or how was Ehsan mani appointed?

Corruption? DO you even know what corruption is? Just because you dont like something, give it a corruption tag.

Mani and Raja both got the job due to the direct influence of the Prime Minister. Mani was old and couldn't do his job, which is why he made another appointment, delegated the job to him. Mani was one of the recycled has beens that was bought from outside during ptis govt this and was never an original BOG member.

Same story about Rameez Raja. Just cause you were an ex cricketer, it is not there fathers birth right they get an admin job.

How can a CM be allowed to lead a sports board? By having a pcb consitution that allows the PM to have anyone get admitted as BOG member and than be elected. It happenedin in 2018, it happened in 2021 and it happened today.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are OK with a serving CM( albeit an illegal one ) to become chairman of the PCB. Was RR or Mani PTI reps? Did they get big TV advert money? Did they parttake in kidnappings?

PCB constitution is being followed which was followed back in 2018 and 2021.

Sorry, but people cant have their favorite party taking PCB seat. Have an issue, than say that they failed to make a proper constitution

Sorry, but people cant have their favorite party taking PCB seat. Have an issue, than say that they failed to make a proper constitution
So you are happy to put criminals in charge. And then on here you tell us that you are a PK cricket fan. 👏👏👏

Your comparisons make no sense. What people are asking for is a competent person who knows a thing or two about cricket and sports administration. Not just being awarded the PCB role for political alliances.

And for whatever reason Ehsan Mani and Ramiz Raja were appointed, neither had any political affiliation with Imran Khan or PTI.

What were the credentials of Rameez Raja, or how was Ehsan mani appointed?

Ramiz is a World Cup winner with decades worth of experience in cricket, including at the grassroots level.

Ehsan Mani was the PCB's representative in the ICC for 7 years before being elected as the Chairman of the ICC Finance and Marketing Committee and later the ICC's president.

Those are called credentials.
Corruption? DO you even know what corruption is? Just because you dont like something, give it a corruption tag.

Can you please tell me how else this man got this job after getting another job he wasn't qualified for beforehand?

Please tell me what qualifies him for the role. Is it the connections he has spent decades developing with corrupt individuals?

Mani and Raja both got the job due to the direct influence of the Prime Minister. Mani was old and couldn't do his job, which is why he made another appointment, delegated the job to him.

Are you talking about Wasim Khan? Another appointment which was merit-based. Since when is organizing the work considered "not being able to do the job"?

Mani is a finance guy, and his primary job was managing the PCB's finances. Wasim Khan was responsible for the PCB's cricketing structure (revamping the domestics).

Mani was one of the recycled has beens that was bought from outside during ptis govt this and was never an original BOG member.

Ppl from gas and glass companies are BOG members. Might as well make them the chairman.

And what do you mean by "brought from outside"? The man was PCB's representative in the ICC for 7 years.

Same story about Rameez Raja. Just cause you were an ex cricketer, it is not there fathers birth right they get an admin job.

Why is it Mohsin's birthright to lead both Punjab's chairmanship and the PCB at the same time? Ramiz has a cricketing history and he has been in this business for as long as any of us can remember, how is he less qualified than a "media mogul"?

I don't even like Ramiz, but he is light years better than him
How can a CM be allowed to lead a sports board? By having a pcb consitution that allows the PM to have anyone get admitted as BOG member and than be elected. It happenedin in 2018, it happened in 2021 and it happened today.

First and foremost, he is still the CM, which means he doesn't have enough shame to focus on one position at a time. Second, as I said before, he has no credentials. The average cricket watcher is more qualified to lead the PCB than this guy.

Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi visited the National Cricket Academy (NCA) where he received a briefing on the development projects, including inspection and upgradation of the NCA accommodation. Additionally, he assessed the facilities and dressing rooms at the Gaddafi Stadium and was briefed on the preparations for HBL PSL 9.

During his visit to both places, he instructed the NESPAK, Infrastructure Development Authority of Punjab (IDAP), and Communications and Works Department to present a roadmap at the end of the week, for revamping of NCA and Gaddafi Stadium.

He was accompanied by Salman Naseer, COO of PCB, Secretary C&W Sohail Ashraf and Wahab Riaz, Chief Selector Pakistan men’s team.

Your comparisons make no sense. What people are asking for is a competent person who knows a thing or two about cricket and sports administration. Not just being awarded the PCB role for political alliances.

And for whatever reason Ehsan Mani and Ramiz Raja were appointed, neither had any political affiliation with Imran Khan or PTI.
No where in the pcb constitution it says yoy need experience as a sports admin....

Ehsan mani and rameez were given the job because of there alliance/friendship with pti.

Call it nepotism or what, but the fact is they were outside appointments

Ramiz is a World Cup winner with decades worth of experience in cricket, including at the grassroots level.

Ehsan Mani was the PCB's representative in the ICC for 7 years before being elected as the Chairman of the ICC Finance and Marketing Committee and later the ICC's president.

Those are called credentials.

Can you please tell me how else this man got this job after getting another job he wasn't qualified for beforehand?

Please tell me what qualifies him for the role. Is it the connections he has spent decades developing with corrupt individuals?

Are you talking about Wasim Khan? Another appointment which was merit-based. Since when is organizing the work considered "not being able to do the job"?

Mani is a finance guy, and his primary job was managing the PCB's finances. Wasim Khan was responsible for the PCB's cricketing structure (revamping the domestics).

Ppl from gas and glass companies are BOG members. Might as well make them the chairman.

And what do you mean by "brought from outside"? The man was PCB's representative in the ICC for 7 years.

Why is it Mohsin's birthright to lead both Punjab's chairmanship and the PCB at the same time? Ramiz has a cricketing history and he has been in this business for as long as any of us can remember, how is he less qualified than a "media mogul"?

I don't even like Ramiz, but he is light years better than him

First and foremost, he is still the CM, which means he doesn't have enough shame to focus on one position at a time. Second, as I said before, he has no credentials. The average cricket watcher is more qualified to lead the PCB than this guy.
World cup winner doesnt mean you should be made chairman. That is a por logic.

There is a mssive difference between a player and having an admin job

Yes yes we know mani worked in cricket once upon time.

When mani came he delegated his tasks cause he was too old. They gave the task to wasim khan because they couldnt make wasim khan a BOG member and have him eletced due to opposition so they had mani become elected, made a new position and delegated the work to that position for wasim.

I think you need to study the pcb constitution. The BOG members are elected. They have experience in working in sports which is why the get the position. The positions are divided between the region and departments.

Ehsan mani and rameez came from outside as they became BOG members based on the PM having a say where he can make anyone a BOG member and have them elected as chairman which imran did.

Cricketing history or whatever does not justify one becoming a chairman. But hey rameez was made, mani was made, so now dont complain on this aapoitment.

No where in the constitution of pcb does it say that. It only says if you are a BOG member than you are eligible for chairmanship.

As for the cm thing, lol, bhai jan, he is cm for 24 hours only. A new punjab assembly will be formed after the elections which are in less than 12 hrs.

So stop making up stuff without knowing the job. Pcb is an admin job, the chairman isnt required to start holding his bat on the desk.

Maybe had you critisized the appointment of mani and raja than would had taken you more seriously.

Truth is, the issue is not the appointment but why your politician is not choosing your favourite

At least he has been Chief Minister of a province - no mean feat.

What has our pappu Jay Shah ever done?

I think Naqvi will be more competent and professional compared to Zaka Ashraf.
Zaka was brilliant for his short spell. He did what anyone could for the timing of his appointment, and he set Pakistan cricket in the right motion straight after the World Cup.

He must be commended for:

-not interfering with the selection process for the Asia cup and ICC 50 over World Cup. That way, he is totally absconded from the poor decisions made by Babar Azam with the support of his chief selector (who shared the same agency as Babar)

-Dealing/exposing the Saya corporation menace/cancer that was eating and is still eating into our cricket team.

So you are happy to put criminals in charge. And then on here you tell us that you are a PK cricket fan. 👏👏👏
He's not a Pakistan or a Pakistan cricket fan. He admitted that he supports misbah over Pakistan. Such person should never be associated with Pakistan.

Rumours on social media, Naqvi will reappoint Babar as captain, not sure if this is good or bad musical chair at its best

Rumours on social media, Naqvi will reappoint Babar as captain, not sure if this is good or bad musical chair at its best

I will stop following this team if that does indeed happen. Babar was removed from the captaincy on merit. 4-5 years are a very long time for a captain

I will stop following this team if that does indeed happen. Babar was removed from the captaincy on merit. 4-5 years are a very long time for a captain
With such horrible captaincy of Shaheen, I would even prefer Babar to be back as captain.

As for the cm thing, lol, bhai jan, he is cm for 24 hours only. A new punjab assembly will be formed after the elections which are in less than 12 hrs.

Is he not assuming the position as both? It's a good thing you mentioned this because it brings us to the point that Raza is jumping ship to sustain his influence(that too shamelessly). There's no doubt that he knew beforehand about the gift he was about to receive, yet he still didn't resign. Reminds me of Wahab being both the sports minister and one of the PCB's selectors at the same time.

Tells us a lot about Raza Naqvi's corrupt nature. Leaching off as is tradition.

World cup winner doesnt mean you should be made chairman. That is a por logic.

There is a mssive difference between a player and having an admin job

Yes yes we know mani worked in cricket once upon time.

We could argue about the validity of the past chairmen's qualifications if the new guy had any qualifications of his own, spoiler alert, he doesn't.

When mani came he delegated his tasks cause he was too old. They gave the task to wasim khan because they couldnt make wasim khan a BOG member and have him eletced due to opposition so they had mani become elected, made a new position and delegated the work to that position for wasim.

Why are you acting as if it was Wasim Khan who was doing the work of a chairman? Was Mani not the one dealing with the ICC and the PCB's entire financial system?

Wasim Khan's primary job was to form the new domestic system, which he did. Everything outside of that is speculation on your part.

I think you need to study the pcb constitution. The BOG members are elected. They have experience in working in sports which is why the get the position. The positions are divided between the region and departments.
No where in the constitution of pcb does it say that. It only says if you are a BOG member than you are eligible for chairmanship.

Care to share each member's "experience" and their relevance to our cricket? Right now it's a glorified table of people that are owed favors. Raza became a member within days just for the sake of it(the man has 0 involvement in cricket). The likes of Shakil Shaikh have been members. Tell us about their "expertise".

Cricketing history or whatever does not justify one becoming a chairman. But hey rameez was made, mani was made, so now dont complain on this aapoitment.

What qualifies someone for this appointment in that case? If experience in finances, diplomacy, cricketing knowledge, and experience in the domestic structure aren't important criteria in the selection of a chairman, then what is? Being a stooge? You'd know a thing or two about that.

So stop making up stuff without knowing the job. Pcb is an admin job, the chairman isnt required to start holding his bat on the desk.

The most qualified person should get the job. Do you actually think a guy like Raza Naqvi, who has no experience in any form of cricket, and was/is handling the CMship of a province, which requires a completely different set of skills, is the best man for the job?

If you think he is the guy for the job then you're gonna do more damage to our cricket than any of our so-called "rivals" ever could.

Maybe had you critisized the appointment of mani and raja than would had taken you more seriously.

Truth is, the issue is not the appointment but why your politician is not choosing your favourite

Those guys have some form of reasoning behind their appointments. If IK appointed guys like Raza Naqvi during his premiership I'd be just as mad at it as I'm right now.

This isn't just a cricket issue, it's also a morality issue. We have destroyed our hockey and football teams by making these political-favor appointments.

At least Sethi and Zaka had some experience and cricket history behind them when they were appointed, this guy has nothing.

Is he not assuming the position as both? It's a good thing you mentioned this because it brings us to the point that Raza is jumping ship to sustain his influence(that too shamelessly). There's no doubt that he knew beforehand about the gift he was about to receive, yet he still didn't resign. Reminds me of Wahab being both the sports minister and one of the PCB's selectors at the same time.

Tells us a lot about Raza Naqvi's corrupt nature. Leaching off as is tradition.

We could argue about the validity of the past chairmen's qualifications if the new guy had any qualifications of his own, spoiler alert, he doesn't.

Why are you acting as if it was Wasim Khan who was doing the work of a chairman? Was Mani not the one dealing with the ICC and the PCB's entire financial system?

Wasim Khan's primary job was to form the new domestic system, which he did. Everything outside of that is speculation on your part.

Care to share each member's "experience" and their relevance to our cricket? Right now it's a glorified table of people that are owed favors. Raza became a member within days just for the sake of it(the man has 0 involvement in cricket). The likes of Shakil Shaikh have been members. Tell us about their "expertise".

What qualifies someone for this appointment in that case? If experience in finances, diplomacy, cricketing knowledge, and experience in the domestic structure aren't important criteria in the selection of a chairman, then what is? Being a stooge? You'd know a thing or two about that.

The most qualified person should get the job. Do you actually think a guy like Raza Naqvi, who has no experience in any form of cricket, and was/is handling the CMship of a province, which requires a completely different set of skills, is the best man for the job?

If you think he is the guy for the job then you're gonna do more damage to our cricket than any of our so-called "rivals" ever could.

Those guys have some form of reasoning behind their appointments. If IK appointed guys like Raza Naqvi during his premiership I'd be just as mad at it as I'm right now.

This isn't just a cricket issue, it's also a morality issue. We have destroyed our hockey and football teams by making these political-favor appointments.

At least Sethi and Zaka had some experience and cricket history behind them when they were appointed, this guy has nothing.
dont worry after 24 hours he is not going to be CM.

You can go and search about the BOG members on your own time.

Your issue is not about qualified person, your issue is that only PTI backed candidates should get the job.

There was no reasoning behind anyones appointment, no where does it say that a cricketer has to run PCB. Even ICC has people from fields of banking etc.

If you really want proper cricket admins than fine. Argue about changing the PCB constitution where the PM cant get to add his two people in teh BOG no matter who they are. This goes for both Nawaz and Imran's govt.

Thing is, you clearly dont have issue with who IK would appoint but have an issue with who other parties appoint.

The only people that should get the job on merit is the BOG member that worked his way up to become a BOG member and than should be elected as chairman.

If you cant call our raja and Mani and are going to defend them, than you lose credibility to bash Naqvi or any other chairman appointed by the PM.

Your issue is not about qualified person, your issue is that only PTI backed candidates should get the job.

There was no reasoning behind anyones appointment, no where does it say that a cricketer has to run PCB. Even ICC has people from fields of banking etc.

If you really want proper cricket admins than fine. Argue about changing the PCB constitution where the PM cant get to add his two people in teh BOG no matter who they are. This goes for both Nawaz and Imran's govt.

Thing is, you clearly dont have issue with who IK would appoint but have an issue with who other parties appoint.

The only people that should get the job on merit is the BOG member that worked his way up to become a BOG member and than should be elected as chairman.

If you cant call our raja and Mani and are going to defend them, than you lose credibility to bash Naqvi or any other chairman appointed by the PM.
Explain to me why an illegal CM who smashed the PK constitution is anywhere near an officai position. He was instrumental in the kidnappings of political workers, journalists and members of the public. Explain the logic of why a criminal should be head of the PCB.

Was he not informed(or should I say promised) that he'd be the PCB's chairman beforehand, while he still had plenty of time left as the CM of Punjab?

Is he qualified or not? And if he is qualified, then what are his qualifications? I'm asking very simple questions. As I mentioned before, I'd have the same reservations if PTI appointed this guy. Don't get it twisted.

Of course there's a reason behind appointments, be it sporting or otherwise. This guy's appointment is political, both Mani and Ramiz's appointments were for sporting reasons as they had a track record behind them, thus there were expectations.

The ICC has completely different requirements compared to a cricket board, which is why someone like Wasim Khan was necessary during Mani's chairmanship. Besides that, Raza Naqvi is a media mogul, the only PCB-related thing he should've been allowed to touch was their YouTube channel.

If you really want proper cricket admins than fine. Argue about changing the PCB constitution where the PM cant get to add his two people in teh BOG no matter who they are. This goes for both Nawaz, Imran's govt, #and PPP's.

That's my perspective. The chairman's purpose should be the cricket board and the cricket board only.

Because those had a semblance of merit. I'd rather the PCB be self-sufficient but that isn't going to be the case for the next 10 years at least.

The BOGs need to be cleaned out in that case.

I'm not gonna call them out, just like I didn't call out Sethi and Zaka. These people have something to do with cricket whether we like them or not, this new guy doesn't belong in this arena or as a matter of fact any other arena.

The four that came before this guy were brought in with an idea in mind for our cricket, no matter how twisted the idea might be. This guy is being appointed because some big shot owes him a favor.

I hope he gets rid of all these useless ex cricketers. Keep Hafeez and M Yousuf, get rid of the rest.

Was he not informed(or should I say promised) that he'd be the PCB's chairman beforehand, while he still had plenty of time left as the CM of Punjab? Don't try to play the "Idk I'm ignorant" excuse.

Is he qualified or not? And if he is qualified, then what are his qualifications? I'm asking very simple questions. As I mentioned before, I'd have the same reservations if PTI appointed this guy. Don't get it twisted.

Of course there's a reason behind appointments, be it sporting or otherwise. This guy's appointment is political, both Mani and Ramiz's appointments were for sporting reasons as they had a track record behind them, thus there were expectations.

The ICC has completely different requirements compared to a cricket board, which is why someone like Wasim Khan was necessary during Mani's chairmanship. Besides that, Raza Naqvi is a media mogul, the only PCB-related thing he should've been allowed to touch was their YouTube channel.

That's my perspective. The chairman's purpose should be the cricket board and the cricket board only.

Because those had a semblance of merit. I'd rather the PCB be self-sufficient but that isn't going to be the case for the next 10 years at least.

I'm not gonna call them out, just like I didn't call out Sethi and Zaka. These people have something to do with cricket whether we like them or not, this new guy doesn't belong in this arena or as a matter of fact any other arena.

The four that came before this guy were brought in with an idea in mind for our cricket, no matter how twisted the idea might be. This guy is being appointed because some big shot owes him a favor.
how can he be informed before hand? The PM doesnt appoint a chairman directly, he appoints a BOG member than elections are held and than you get elected.

Like i said he is about to resign as CM in 24 hours. Still you are whining about a non issue.

Every appointment of chairman was political. Nice try convincing Mani and Raja were sporting but they came from the outside.

Its irrelevent to have this discussion anymore as you are just ignoring the fact that all of them came as outsiders.

Mani, Raja, Sethi, Ashraf were not involved in building their own regions or teams. While the rest of the BOG members were.

You are still stuck up with the fact that oh because PTI made an appointment it was justified. A cricketer and a PCB admin are two different things. Mani was a revelent chairman in the early 2000s, but by 2018 he was old fraiil, and was a board member of Imrans hospital, which is why he got the PCB job aswell. ANd he couldn't do that so he got Wasim khan and delegated the task.

I dont care about ideas here.

Thing is, the same standard of appointment was used back than and even today.

If you cant see those appointments as bad than you are heavily biased for PTI and serves to purpose in further discussion.

I am willing to admit Naqvi, Sethi, Zaka, Raja, Mani's appointment were wrong. But if biased posters will defend Mani and Raja, than I am with Naqvi staying.

Which bit is not sensible. He has been CM of Punjab and under his watch Zille Shah was murdered, IRK was kidnapped, tortured and other woman have been held without trial for 9 months and 1000s of others have been attacked. So tell me which bit he isn't he responsible for and why,

how can he be informed before hand? The PM doesnt appoint a chairman directly, he appoints a BOG member than elections are held and than you get elected.

Wait, so you think he was randomly appointed without any prior knowledge? There's a thing called common sense.

We knew about this guy's appointment about a month ago via rumors, but the main guy involved in said rumors was not aware of his appointment according to you.

You never fail to disappoint.

Like i said he is about to resign as CM in 24 hours. Still you are whining about a non issue.

The dude is currently both at the same time, he knew about his appointment ahead of time and still didn't resign from his post.

Every appointment of chairman was political. Nice try convincing Mani and Raja were sporting but they came from the outside.

They were both involved in cricket before you(likely) and I were born. Raza Naqvi is what you call an outsider, not Mani and Ramiz. There's a difference between trying to appoint someone for the perceived betterment of cricket and appointing because you owe them a favor.

Its irrelevent to have this discussion anymore as you are just ignoring the fact that all of them came as outsiders.

Mani, Raja, Sethi, Ashraf were not involved in building their own regions or teams. While the rest of the BOG members were.

Tell me how the BOG member called Shakil Shaikh built his team. You're talking a lot but not providing evidence for anything you say. If the chairmen are political appointments then what makes you think most of the BOG members aren't? At least stay consistent with your own standards.

You are still stuck up with the fact that oh because PTI made an appointment it was justified. A cricketer and a PCB admin are two different things. Mani was a revelent chairman in the early 2000s, but by 2018 he was old fraiil, and was a board member of Imrans hospital, which is why he got the PCB job aswell. ANd he couldn't do that so he got Wasim khan and delegated the task.

I like how you're attempting to compare someone with decades of experience with the PCB and ICC with some random dude who got the job for no reason. Oh wait, I know what the reason is, buddy was busy doing some dirty work.

I dont care about ideas here.

Thing is, the same standard of appointment was used back than and even today.

Corruption is fine and we should be used to it. Great logic.

Which bit is not sensible. He has been CM of Punjab and under his watch Zille Shah was murdered, IRK was kidnapped, tortured and other woman have been held without trial for 9 months and 1000s of others have been attacked. So tell me which bit he isn't he responsible for and why,
Why else do you think he got the chair? Gotta pet it on the head after it follows orders and brings back the bone.

Was he not informed(or should I say promised) that he'd be the PCB's chairman beforehand, while he still had plenty of time left as the CM of Punjab? Don't try to play the "Idk I'm ignorant" excuse.

What sporting merit was behind appointing Rameez? you are just nitpicking.

What sporting merit was behind appointing Rameez? you are just nitpicking.

His decades' worth of cricketing experience can be constituted as merit, more so than being a media mogul who has never had any involvement in cricket.

Not sure if I can make this any more clear.

Lots of people commenting that the man is a ruthless, efficient, no nonsense administrator. You can forget about any player throwing tantrums and their weight around with this guy at the helm of affairs.

Lots of people commenting that the man is a ruthless, efficient, no nonsense administrator. You can forget about any player throwing tantrums and their weight around with this guy at the helm of affairs.
Yeah you always have amazing first impressions

Let’s wait and see.

Yet another political appointee as PCB chairman. The head of the PCB remains the ultimate reward that political parties bestow on their favorite chamchas

I am not expecting any betterment in the Pakistan cricket team apart from all the hooo haaaa in PCB like making stadiums bigger, make residences more luxurious. The focus needs to be on cricket more than anything else. All words and no action will be seen IMO.

Sarfaraz Ahmed talked to the media in Karachi:

"I want to congratulate Mohsin Naqvi on becoming the chairman of PCB. He has done a great job as a caretaker CM in Punjab over the last 1.5 years. I'm hopeful that he will render great services for Pakistan cricket."

Sarfaraz Ahmed talked to the media in Karachi:

"I want to congratulate Mohsin Naqvi on becoming the chairman of PCB. He has done a great job as a caretaker CM in Punjab over the last 1.5 years. I'm hopeful that he will render great services for Pakistan cricket."
Great job. What was this great job? Murder of Zille Shah? Kidnappings of the likes of IRK? Holding Dr Yasmin without trial for 9 months?

Back