Zaka Ashraf steps down as PCB Management Committee chairman

How would you describe the Zaka Ashraf tenure as Interim Chairman of the PCB Management Committee?

• Total voters
No thank you! He had his chance. Pakistan doesn’t want to go backward. We want to move forward! Misbah will only come so he can bring his Pirchi V2.0 son to international
Still stuck with Misbah for unknown reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Timeline starting from now.

Zaka Ashraf RESIGNS.

Pakistan Elections take place.

Nawaz Sharif is the new puppet PM.

Najam Sethi is appointed as Chairman of PCB.

All the coaches are replaced apart from the fielding coach, Majeed.

Pakistan Win the WT20.

Fast Forward 3 years, 1 year before the next elections.

Nawaz Sharif is voted out from a VONC.

Sethi RESIGNS

New Caretaker PM is affiliated with PPP.

Zaka Ashraf returns as the PCB chairman.
Except winning WT20 the cycle will continue to rotate

Missing the Ehsan Mani and Wasim Khan combination. Atleast there was hope when these guys were in charge. They didn't tamper with the home pitches and Pakistan won against Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, South Africa on some seaming and spinning wickets.
The most important aspect was stability and consistency. Since patron and chairman considered the head of the unit remained stable things under their watch is not chaotic.

SA was lucky to lead the side when PCB was stable unit

No continuous chop and changing of players, coach and selectors. Given a long rope to assess their performance then to decide

It was a good decision by Zaka. He was surrounded by controversies and stuff, Better to resign than to get cursed by people everyday for your own mis-deeds.

Last edited:
Zaka is better than both Sethi and Ramiz. He has not said a single stupid thing while in charge as compared to the comical stuff the other two keep saying.

He has had very little time to make an impact so I don't know what you guys were expecting. Do you think the results would have been any different had Sethi or Raja were in charge? Pakistan could not win a single home test out of 8 test matches when Ramiz was in charge and yet people here think he is good.

Sethi was even worse, the only thing he would do is run after Mickey Arthur and beg him to be your coach, that is the only thing he ever does. He even agreed for him to be an 'online' coach. Isn't that hilarious?

Very much possible that after your elections Sethi and Mickey both will be back, enjoy.

Zaka is better than both Sethi and Ramiz. He has not said a single stupid thing while in charge as compared to the comical stuff the other two keep saying.

He has had very little time to make an impact so I don't know what you guys were expecting. Do you think the results would have been any different had Sethi or Raja were in charge? Pakistan could not win a single home test out of 8 test matches when Ramiz was in charge and yet people here think he is good.

Sethi was even worse, the only thing he would do is run after Mickey Arthur and beg him to be your coach, that is the only thing he ever does. He even agreed for him to be an 'online' coach. Isn't that hilarious?

Very much possible that after your elections Sethi and Mickey both will be back, enjoy.
What about the dustman mulk when pak is in India.
He claimed he never liked asia cup hybrid model for brownie points

I wonder why he has not claimed afridi's and Jamal's 5 wicket hauls in his success report

Poll added!

I think his reign has been an unmitigated disaster.

No thank you! He had his chance. Pakistan doesn’t want to go backward. We want to move forward! Misbah will only come so he can bring his Pirchi V2.0 son to international
Pakistan has already gone backwards after Misbah left and the results show. The coaches that have come since haven’t been any upgrade on him. At least the fitness culture was better in his tenure which alarmingly has gone downhill since he left.

I struggled to sleep last night

It is too hard for me to accept Zaka is gone.

Would have been best to have someone like Bazid khan running the show. The guy has good understanding of domestic players, understands the flaws and is one of the saner heads.

Would have been best to have someone like Bazid khan running the show. The guy has good understanding of domestic players, understands the flaws and is one of the saner heads.
Bazid Khan is related to Imran Khan so there is no way the current government will allow him to have any position in pcb let alone being the head.

Damn Shah Khawar became interm Chairman.

Shah khawar belongs from rawalpindi. And he worked his way up and worked hard and educated himself.

Was the attorny general i think.

Good to see him. Alot of people from rawalpindi know him. Even my family know him

Damn Shah Khawar became interm Chairman.

Shah khawar belongs from rawalpindi. And he worked his way up and worked hard and educated himself.

Was the attorny general i think.

Good to see him. Alot of people from rawalpindi know him. Even my family know him
So it means Misbah will also come back?

You do realise PCB Chairman doesn’t have a salary
Yeah, but they have thousands ways to favor themselves and friends from PCB's money. There is a reason corrupt people like Zaka lobby so much to get the post. If Zardari was behind getting the job for Zaka, you can imagine the intention behind it.

What kind of a stupid post is this?
Why are you getting offended? The way you hyped him up just made me ask you this question. Maybe you know something we don’t. Maybe you are excited about him because it suits Misbah’s return

Pakistan has already gone backwards after Misbah left and the results show. The coaches that have come since haven’t been any upgrade on him. At least the fitness culture was better in his tenure which alarmingly has gone downhill since he left.
Fitness was good but his Defensive Tactics were pathetic. Play 20 overs of dot balls and Then go aggressive forget it.

Fitness was good but his Defensive Tactics were pathetic. Play 20 overs of dot balls and Then go aggressive forget it.
Is Pakistan playing aggressive cricket now? They can’t even play complete overs in T20 matches and getting all out regularly. In fact Pakistan has been getting all out the most among all teams for the last couple of years barring minnows. Pakistan does not have the quality to play aggressive cricket like other teams due to limited resources. At the end of the day its the results that matter and like it or not Misbah was getting better results with the same resources at hand.

Is Pakistan playing aggressive cricket now? They can’t even play complete overs in T20 matches and getting all out regularly. In fact Pakistan has been getting all out the most among all teams for the last couple of years barring minnows. Pakistan does not have the quality to play aggressive cricket like other teams due to limited resources. At the end of the day its the results that matter and like it or not Misbah was getting better results with the same resources at hand.

To be fair Misbah was an excellent test captain and player but he had better players compared to the dross we have now.

It's quite obvious Shaheen with his 2 digit IQ will not make a good captain

Why did this guy even come back? Was one failed tenure not enough?

Inzamam ul Haq pins blame on outgoing PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf for Pakistan World Cup fiasco

Former Pakistan skipper and chairman of selectors, Inzamam ul Haq, pointed fingers at the departing chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Zaka Ashraf, for Pakistan's dismal showing in the ODI World Cup held in India last year.

Inzamam alleged that Ashraf's actions created a negative atmosphere within the team during the tournament, citing the chairman's public statements disavowing the team selection process and launching inquiries against the chief selector.

"In an important event like the World Cup in India, hearing that the PCB chairman is saying the team selected was not done by the board but by the captain and chief selector only creates a negative mindset among the players," voiced Inzamam during an interview on a Pakistani television channel.
Inzamam found himself ousted from his position after the World Cup, with allegations of 'Conflict of Interest' cited as the reason. Despite this, he dryly remarked that he is still awaiting the report of the inquiry committee that was formed against him.

Zaka Ashraf, who recently resigned from the role of PCB chairman, faced criticism for his autocratic approach, which was deemed detrimental to Pakistan cricket.
Mustafa Ramday, a senior PCB official, echoed Inzamam's sentiments, stating that Zaka's one-man show and lack of inclusive decision-making negatively impacted the team's performance. Ramday underscored the urgency for elections to establish a Board of Governors, putting an end to the prevalent ad-hocism in Pakistan cricket.

The cricketing community in Pakistan stands divided over the governance of the PCB under Zaka Ashraf, expressing concerns about its repercussions on players' confidence and the overall management of cricket in the nation.

Source : The Times of India

Inzamam ul Haq pins blame on outgoing PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf for Pakistan World Cup fiasco

Former Pakistan skipper and chairman of selectors, Inzamam ul Haq, pointed fingers at the departing chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Zaka Ashraf, for Pakistan's dismal showing in the ODI World Cup held in India last year.

Inzamam alleged that Ashraf's actions created a negative atmosphere within the team during the tournament, citing the chairman's public statements disavowing the team selection process and launching inquiries against the chief selector.

"In an important event like the World Cup in India, hearing that the PCB chairman is saying the team selected was not done by the board but by the captain and chief selector only creates a negative mindset among the players," voiced Inzamam during an interview on a Pakistani television channel.
Inzamam found himself ousted from his position after the World Cup, with allegations of 'Conflict of Interest' cited as the reason. Despite this, he dryly remarked that he is still awaiting the report of the inquiry committee that was formed against him.

Zaka Ashraf, who recently resigned from the role of PCB chairman, faced criticism for his autocratic approach, which was deemed detrimental to Pakistan cricket.
Mustafa Ramday, a senior PCB official, echoed Inzamam's sentiments, stating that Zaka's one-man show and lack of inclusive decision-making negatively impacted the team's performance. Ramday underscored the urgency for elections to establish a Board of Governors, putting an end to the prevalent ad-hocism in Pakistan cricket.

The cricketing community in Pakistan stands divided over the governance of the PCB under Zaka Ashraf, expressing concerns about its repercussions on players' confidence and the overall management of cricket in the nation.

Source : The Times of India
Oh yes Inzimam, it was Zaka’s fault that you picked the best players you and Babar thought were going to win Pakistan the World Cup.

Shame on Zaka for letting you have your way!

I’m hearing Don Suge Knight Shakeel Sheikh has been banned for life by the PCB

I am sure you will be happy with Zaka decisions.
These uncles are too old

They should fear God. They have to answer to Him one day. What’s the point of beefing like this with each other at this age?

Last edited by a moderator:
These uncles are beefing into their graves

They should fear God. They have to answer to Him one day. What’s the point of beefing like this with each other at this age?

Politics

Zaka = PPP man
Sethi/sidekick Shakil = PMLN

Politics

Zaka = PPP man
But do you see how pointless this is?

They have grandchildren, why are they tarnishing each other at this age? War, rivalries and animosity is a young man’s game. Not chachus

Don should not have made a video of saying he will give Zaka another Siyasi Dhaka….

Well now he is banned for life

Don should not have made a video of saying he will give Zaka another Siyasi Dhaka….

Well now he is banned for life

Until the next Govt comes in power.

Politics

Zaka = PPP man
and how was Rameez Raja and Ehsan Mani not a PTI man?

atleast do bother to call out everyone of them and keep aside political biasness when it comes to cricket

and how was Rameez Raja and Ehsan Mani not a PTI man?

atleast do bother to call out everyone of them and keep aside political biasness when it comes to cricket

The weren't party members.

Anyways discussion is about Zaka and Shakil Shaikh.

Najem sethi nor zaka are party members. This is just political biasness and i knew this fact that if they can get elected by the lopphole so will these guys

Najem sethi nor zaka are party members. This is just political biasness and i knew this fact that if they can get elected by the lopphole so will these guys
Dude

Are people unhappy with Naqvi’s appointment because he has some history with Imran Khan? Did something happen between the two?

Dude

Are people unhappy with Naqvi’s appointment because he has some history with Imran Khan? Did something happen between the two?
PTI biased fans are unhappy because Mohsin Naqvi was care taker of Punjab govt and delayed elections and ergo, is not a PTI member... Hence the reaction.

But bro, if i call the appointment of Mohsin Naqvi bad, i also call the appointment of Ehsan Mani, Zaka, Rameez and Sethi bad aswell.

The objectivity is lost amongst cricket fans now adays.

PTI fans are happy when someone from their party gets appointed like this

PTI biased fans are unhappy because Mohsin Naqvi was care taker of Punjab govt and delayed elections and ergo, is not a PTI member... Hence the reaction.

But bro, if i call the appointment of Mohsin Naqvi bad, i also call the appointment of Ehsan Mani, Zaka, Rameez and Sethi bad aswell.

Seems you are taking this personally.

Calm down.

Everyone here wants the best for Pakistan cricket - no one is interested in politics etc so stick to cricket.

Mohsin Naqvi, another Zardari guy
According to many he is very close to Establishment hence he was picked as CM punjab and now PCB chairman. I don't see him being removed till AM till he retires and he is also very close to PML N as well, not just Zardari

I said exactly this earlier, there is no such thing as merit at all when appointing anyone for any senior position in the PCB. The opposition party will always call the appointment is a corrupt appointment.

It’s sad because I genuinely supported the appointments of Wasim Khan etc at the time, I couldn’t care less if he was appointed by Imran Khan. Things changed drastically for me when I saw how things truly were.

How can you be the CM of Punjab and the PCB Chairman? Is this a joke?

Is the CM position a halka job that you have time for PCB Chairman duties?

The ICC seriously needs to step in as this is becoming riddiculous

How can you be the CM of Punjab and the PCB Chairman? Is this a joke?

Is the CM position a halka job that you have time for PCB Chairman duties?

The ICC seriously needs to step in as this is becoming riddiculous
why not? When it comes to the appointment of PCB chairman, the constitutional regulation is the same as the one during the last 6 years.....

Chairman comes from BOG members of PCB. 2 members of BOG are chosen by the Prime Minister who could be any person living in Pakistan. We accepted the results 6 years ago, and should accept them now.

Seems you are taking this personally.

Calm down.

Everyone here wants the best for Pakistan cricket - no one is interested in politics etc so stick to cricket.
when the PCB chairman is an appointment made by the Prime minister and not on the basis of the institute of PCB being allowed to run itself, the whole thing is more politics related than cricket.

The PCB chairman discussion to be honest, has never been related to cricket.

He has had quite a decent media career.
Let's give him some time to see what he comes up with.

yes its nepotism, yes its cronyism, yes he is unqualified, yes its a political appointment.

But this is Pakistan. Accept it and hope for the best.

He has had quite a decent media career.
Let's give him some time to see what he comes up with.

yes its nepotism, yes its cronyism, yes he is unqualified, yes its a political appointment.

But this is Pakistan. Accept it and hope for the best.
Raamiz ko bana do , me remembers his historical reply 2 media when asked about dead Test pitches & the man says peeps want to see Babar century - what a legend :)

Raamiz ko bana do , me remembers his historical reply 2 media when asked about dead Test pitches & the man says peeps want to see Babar century - what a legend :)
Rambo comeback would be good for the bants

The guy is easily my favourite Twitter handle. He is the definition of Begani Shadi main Abdullah deewana

His tweets are something else. It's like a new kid who's just discovered Twitter.

His tweets are something else. It's like a new kid who's just discovered Twitter.
This guy literally warned all the Indian team in the 2004 tour that he’s going to smash their bowlers in the morning session. Genuinely hilarious guy who doesn’t intend to be funny

This guy literally warned all the Indian team in the 2004 tour that he’s going to smash their bowlers in the morning session. Genuinely hilarious guy who doesn’t intend to be funny

Thank God Twitter wasn't around then because I'm sure otherwise he would have announced it before the tour began :ROFLMAO:

Personally, I would love to have Asif Iqbal or Majid Khan as the chairman. Both have vast playing and administrative experience and are respected all of the world. Majid especially is a bit of a tough guy like Imran.

When we thought we could not have a worst PCB Chairman than Zaka, here comes this guy Naqvi, whole country is being run by jokers.

Personally, I would love to have Asif Iqbal or Majid Khan as the chairman. Both have vast playing and administrative experience and are respected all of the world. Majid especially is a bit of a tough guy like Imran.
Majid would have been a good choice but even he is not in talking terms with IK for long time but being IK's cousin Majid will not be under consideration by this joke of government , scared of IK.

Majid would have been a good choice but even he is not in talking terms with IK for long time but being IK's cousin Majid will not be under consideration by this joke of government , scared of IK.
I think this rumour of Imran and Majid are not on talking terms is a myth created by the media. The Burkis are very private people, they avoid the media and especially talking about their personal lives.
Before entering politics and cancer donations Imran too hardly made any media appearances. Even his family has always been quite private. His sister's only recently made a public appearance because of his politics and his father who has expired never.
I really find it weird that they stopped taking to each other because of one cricket related decision Imran made made some 40 years ago.

I think this rumour of Imran and Majid are not on talking terms is a myth created by the media. The Burkis are very private people, they avoid the media and especially talking about their personal lives.
Before entering politics and cancer donations Imran too hardly made any media appearances. Even his family has always been quite private. His sister's only recently made a public appearance because of his politics and his father who has expired never.
I really find it weird that they stopped taking to each other because of one cricket related decision Imran made made some 40 years ago.
I don't know Majid personally but I have friend who is very close to Bazid and he had confirmed the news about the bad blood between Majid and IK, its not just a myth, its a reality .

I don't know Majid personally but I have friend who is very close to Bazid and he had confirmed the news about the bad blood between Majid and IK, its not just a myth, its a reality .
Thanks for the info! I wasn't aware of this.

Back