[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Babar Azam re-appointed as Pakistan white-ball captain

Is it the right decision to re-appoint Babar Azam as white-ball captain?

• Total voters
Babar needs to go watch his post-match interviews and realize that he is saying the same thing in pretty much every game he has lost.

T20 cricket nowadays is about scoring above par, not even par scores which have soared to around 200-210 on flat wickets nowadays.

We need to stop hiding behind the bowling, batters nowadays will take down even the best bowlers in the world. The likes of Head, Klassen, Miller, Maxwell etc won't care about the reputation of the bowler, they will just try to go downtown on them from ball one.

A series loss vs NZ G will make the Ireland series even more fun.

Babar will be exposed further not just as a captain but as a T20 player.

I can’t see us winning a game until the USA match.

A series loss vs NZ G will make the Ireland series even more fun.

Babar will be exposed further not just as a captain but as a T20 player.

I can’t see us winning a game until the USA match.
They are going to get pasted against Ireland and a lot of their tactics will be exposed before them too.

Ireland are the only one to gain from this series. They will fancy beating Pakistan in the West Indies

The reappointment of Babar Azam as captain was such a backward decision that we are now witnessing its consequences. Now, Babar will likely try to justify his performance by arguing that our main batter, Mohammad Rizwan, is not in the team and as I have mentioned before, we are doing experiments. Babar as captain is a curse to the Pakistan team.

The reappointment of Babar Azam as captain was such a backward decision that we are now witnessing its consequences. Now, Babar will likely try to justify his performance by arguing that our main batter, Mohammad Rizwan, is not in the team and as I have mentioned before, we are doing experiments. Babar as captain is a curse to the Pakistan team.
We are experimenting against a very very powerful full strength NZ TEAM and we don't have our Star batter Muhammad rizwan.

Now leave me alone.

Yet another poor series as captain.

What was the PCB criteria for reappointing him? Has he ever won a PSL title as captain let alone his international captaincy record?

The other options like Rizwan, Shaheen and Shadab can atleast boast of having won a PSL title, what can Babar boast about?

England spinner Adil Rashid, during an interview with a Pakistani media outlet, revealed that he enjoys bowling to Babar Azam:

"I enjoy bowling to everybody as a bowler you have to be careful against each player. But I especially enjoy bowling to Babar Azam because he's a class player. He is one of the best batters in the world. He’s not only a good player of spin but equally a good player against pacers too. It happens in cricket as it’s the part and parcel of this game and sometimes I might get him out. Hopefully when he comes here, I will try to get him out again."

A rare spectacle indeed lol, a 95-meter six launched by Babar Azam in Power Play against New Zealand in 5th T20I

Babar Azam reached his 34th T20I fifty off 35 balls against New Zealand in the 5th T20I, marking his first fifty of this series.

Record Alert:

Babar Azam scored his 408th four during the match against New Zealand in his 108th innings, which took him above Ireland’s Paul Stirling who hit 407 fours in 136 innings.

I think he listened to Hafeez's interview before playing tonight's innings, as we can see modern-day cricket skills in his performance tonight.

Your thoughts on the emoji on the shoes that Babar Azam is wearing tonight?

i40Zu5o.png

Some criticism of Babar for not using Imad and Shadab Khan for so long in the game?

In the final T20I match against New Zealand, Pakistan’s captain, Babar Azam set a new record for the most fours in T20I cricket with 409, surpassing Paul Stirling’s 407. He also equaled Aaron Finch’s record of captaining in 76 T20I matches. The nine-run victory for Pakistan also marked Babar Azma’s 44th win as a captain, tying with Brian Masaba’s record for the most wins as a T20I captain.

Some criticism of Babar for not using Imad and Shadab Khan for so long in the game?
I think it's fine. Idk if its luck or if he was actually smart and read the conditions.

On one hand the moron still decided to bowl abass in the PP knowing full well he's poor in that period.

On the other hand he brought spinners during the period the pitch slowed down and it was getting difficult to play spin.

So both good and bad.

Babar Azam is on the verge of breaking several records in the upcoming T20I series against Ireland, which starts on May 10. With one more win, he will become the most successful T20I captain, surpassing Brian Masaba’s record of 44 wins. He is also set to become the player with the most T20Is as a captain, surpassing Aaron Finch’s record when he leads Pakistan in the match against Ireland.

On the batting front, Babar is close to becoming the first Pakistani player to score over 4000 runs in T20I cricket. He currently has 3823 runs and trails behind Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma. Babar needs 215 runs to surpass Kohli’s record.

Can he score 215 runs in the Ireland series? I guess nope. He will have to wait for the england series.

Babar Azam is on the verge of breaking several records in the upcoming T20I series against Ireland, which starts on May 10. With one more win, he will become the most successful T20I captain, surpassing Brian Masaba’s record of 44 wins. He is also set to become the player with the most T20Is as a captain, surpassing Aaron Finch’s record when he leads Pakistan in the match against Ireland.

On the batting front, Babar is close to becoming the first Pakistani player to score over 4000 runs in T20I cricket. He currently has 3823 runs and trails behind Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma. Babar needs 215 runs to surpass Kohli’s record.

Can he score 215 runs in the Ireland series? I guess nope. He will have to wait for the england series.
Tells you a lot. He is going to become the most experienced T20I captain in history. Yet, it doesn't reflect. Either through his captaincy or trophy cabinet.

Babar has to win this WT20. Otherwise there will be no legacy of him as a captain.

Tells you a lot. He is going to become the most experienced T20I captain in history. Yet, it doesn't reflect. Either through his captaincy or trophy cabinet.

Babar has to win this WT20. Otherwise there will be no legacy of him as a captain.
Yes he might be the wining many T20 games but his trophy cabinet is still empty. He need to win big.

Babar azam is the man who turned all rankings into a joke.

Imagine being proud that you surpassed a Uganda captain lol.

Real shame. He will live like a king in Pakistan with these kinds of achievements
King of What? Surpassing Uganda 😂😂😂. If it were me I'd have left captaincy alone after 2023 lol, even I don't know want this record 🤦🏻‍♂️.

I don't think anyone has ever built up a legacy as a T20 captain based on bilaterals. It's meaningless

Back