[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Babar Azam re-appointed as Pakistan white-ball captain

Is it the right decision to re-appoint Babar Azam as white-ball captain?

• Total voters
You said 2 years. Now apologize for your lie before I answer this. As expected you don't have an answer and specially not for Imad. I presented Imad stats from world cups. Any word about that?

Mate, do you not understand that everything a person says is not literal?

It'd very obvious in the first comment he meant babar in crunch times for those 2 years. He doesn't have to literally spell it out for you.

Secondly I told you to keep spamming the word lie lol.

How do you not understand things like sarcasm, Metaphors, Or having the standard human ability to read between the lines and understand context and meaning?

You're the first person who I've ever come across who doesn't understand these things, even pakistani's from rural areas who've never had any formal education understand these things.
[/QUOTE]
Seems like you don't understand anything as expected. Read his post again he said Imad got dropped after few games where he didn't perform and Babar hasn't been after failing for 2 years. According to you this is sarcasm and is a metaphor hence he only means Asia cup and world cups not 2 years. Great. Now answer about Imad stats?

Since you understand metaphors and sarcasm could you please enlighten us what bit of 2 years only means Asia cup and world cups?

You are also the first person I have come across who doesn't understand anything not just cricket related. I can assure your response who have a nothing about Imad's stats or your understanding of English language and will include a personal attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro don’t even take the Imad arguments seriously anymore. He got badly outplayed by Shadab Khan in every tournament he played.

We already won the argument as Babar is not just the biggest star in Pakistani cricket in many many years but also respected by his peers and ex-players. Imad is just a utility player, the type of which come and go all the time. He’s not even relevant on a global stage.
Shadab is imad's big boss in proper tournaments. But don't forget this is a metaphor he didn't mean 2 years he only meant when he didn't perform. You don't understand anything.

I don't know what it takes to make people understand that this thread is not about Imad. Comparing Imad and Babar is not gonna do anybody a favor but it will derail the whole thread for sure.

As for the topic:

I don't think Babar should care about anybody's comments and his prime focus should be winning the World Cup for Pakistan. He has got 2nd life which not many before him have got. So better for him if he makes it count otherwise he should be a goner. We cannot be losing every tournament under Babar. We have to move on. Babar is a great player but not every great player can make a great captain as well.

Time for Babar to prove his worth as a captain who can win a World Cup so he can shut the hater's mouth.

I thought the best bowler part would have been the least controversial part of the post :ROFLMAO:
Read my team analysis post, I already said Babar was pur best bat, no denying it.

I've never had any issues with babar as a batsmen. My issues have always been when posters claim he's world class in comparison to sena and India lol.

As for best bowler, no, Naseem and Amir are superior easily. Their primes are > Shaheen and even if you're talking about current forms, Shaheen’s current form is that of a run machine.

I find it increasingly difficult to support Pakistan with Babar at the helm, and Rizwan in the playing 11. I just dont have it in me anymore i think. I wish Canada was good at any national sports.

Looks like a lot of pressure being put on Shaheen by the PCB to accept Babar dictatorship. Guess we are going to be stuck with mediocrity for the foreseeable future

Coping mechanism doing wonders.

The alarming thing is fans are so blinded by Babar and rizzu that their happy to accept mediocrity

Problem is Babar haters are so blinded by their hate that they cannot accept reality that he is the best choice at the moment.

Problem is Babar haters are so blinded by their hate that they cannot accept reality that he is the best choice at the moment.
Already made an analysis on the whole team and explained why he's the best choice atm AS A PLAYER.

But as a leader he's not. And pakistan's biggest issue and why we remain in an eternal rebuilding phase is because we can't think long term.

Tell that to your friend. Could you explain to us 2 years of performance doesn't mean 2 years it only means Asia cup and world cup. If you think of 2 years it's a metaphor or sarcasm and you didn't get it.
stop trying to divert the conversation just because you have no answer, we don't give a damn what Babar has done vs c string and d string teams what matters is how he shows up against the big boys and he has failed in every tournament he has played in the last 2 years IE recent performance

Tell that to your friend. Could you explain to us 2 years of performance doesn't mean 2 years it only means Asia cup and world cup. If you think of 2 years it's a metaphor or sarcasm and you didn't get it.
Huh? When I said literal I meant, @emranabbas obviously meant his tournament performance and was excluding his c string scores.

It's easy to judge based of what context he meant it in.

I said to read between the lines.

Like brother come on, its not that difficult to judge what a person meant in their comments.

stop trying to divert the conversation just because you have no answer, we don't give a damn what Babar has done vs c string and d string teams what matters is how he shows up against the big boys and he has failed in every tournament he has played in the last 2 years IE recent performance
You said 2 years so stop lying now you changed it to tournament saying against big boys lol. Since when Is Asia a big boys tournament. As I said before Babar hasn't been great in the last t20 world cup and even after a poor WC in October he still avagred 40 odd. Can you tell us about Imad stats of 5.5 with the bat and against big boys an average of 38 and against big boys in odi world an average of .. ah he doesn't have one because he didn't take a wicket.

Huh? When I said literal I meant, @emranabbas obviously meant his tournament performance and was excluding his c string scores.

It's easy to judge based of what context he meant it in.

I said to read between the lines.

Like brother come on, its not that difficult to judge what a person meant in their comments.
He said Imad was dropped after few games and Babar playing for 2 years without performances. Based on this you have concluded it's only tournament.

He said Imad was dropped after few games and Babar playing for 2 years without performances. Based on this you have concluded it's only tournament. Great.
Because when we speak about him failing, we're talking about when he failed during important moments, not everyone wishes to talk about every single forgettable match or some random tours no one watches.

A cricketers career highlights are during important moments. Whenever babar's achievements are brought up the first thing that comes to mind is his 101, 2nd thing his 68 not out against India. Why do you think that is? Why doesn't someone mention some of his other centuries? Why are these 2 the first things that come to mind?

You said 2 years so stop lying now you changed it to tournament saying against big boys lol. Since when Is Asia a big boys tournament. As I said before Babar hasn't been great in the last t20 world cup and even after a poor WC in October he still avagred 40 odd. Can you tell us about Imad stats of 5.5 with the bat and against big boys an average of 38 and against big boys in odi world an average of .. ah he doesn't have one because he didn't take a wicket.

very good point Babar averaged 23 vs Bangladesh srilanka and India that's even more embarrassing for babar

yes your right Imad doesn't have an average vs big boys recently because he hasn't played t20 world cup recently
or any other tournaments duhhhhhhhhh!

I totally lost whatever interest I had left in pak cricket since the re arrival of Babar Azam as our captain , the guy is a proven failure and a timid person with zero tactical awareness to lead Pak team.
I would have taken even Saad Baig to lead us to to T20 worldcup , that guy is a genius captain but should be the 12th man and captain.

the report is, that Fakhar is injured so he may not make the squad…hence Saim will go at 3 and Babar will open with Rizwan

I don’t understand Pakistan. Why are they still not learning from their mistakes?

very good point Babar averaged 23 vs Bangladesh srilanka and India that's even more embarrassing for babar

yes your right Imad doesn't have an average vs big boys recently because he hasn't played t20 world cup recently
or any other tournaments duhhhhhhhhh!

So now Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are big boys lol. Imad fans never fail to amaze me.

As usual you don't have an answer. Imad doesn't have average against good teams because he didn't pick up a wicket in the cw19 his only wickets were against Afghanistan and that was his most recent 50 over WC. Not rocket science but certainly is for clueless Imad fans.

According to more recent his one would be where he cost Pakistan a game. But yes Imad fans live in a world of their own. My reply was in cw 19 Imad didn't have a bowling average against good teams is because he didn't pick up. Such a metal beast who couldn't even pick up a wicket lol in the whole tournament.

the report is, that Fakhar is injured so he may not make the squad…hence Saim will go at 3 and Babar will open with Rizwan

I don’t understand Pakistan. Why are they still not learning from their mistakes?
Hopefully not it should be Babar and Saim.

if everyone boycott babar azam and noone talks abt his runs ... his ego will come down... worst captain of all time.. ruining team again ..

According to more recent his one would be where he cost Pakistan a game. But yes Imad fans live in a world of their own. My reply was in cw 19 Imad didn't have a bowling average against good teams is because he didn't pick up. Such a metal beast who couldn't even pick up a wicket lol in the whole tournament.

Please define “metal beast”

So now Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are big boys lol. Imad fans never fail to amaze me.

As usual you don't have an answer. Imad doesn't have average against good teams because he didn't pick up a wicket in the cw19 his only wickets were against Afghanistan and that was his most recent 50 over WC. Not rocket science but certainly is for clueless Imad fans.
Imad's averaged 54 with a strike rate of 118 in the same tournament. But you chose to ignore this. However, for the 2021 T20 World Cup, you're posting his batting stats. And you are also ignoring his economy rates from various tournaments when everyone is aware that he is a defensive spinner. While I do agree that he should have picked up more wickets in the tournaments he played. But it's evident that you are picking only those numbers which suit your narrative.

Imad's averaged 54 with a strike rate of 118 in the same tournament. But you chose to ignore this. However, for the 2021 T20 World Cup, you're posting his batting stats. And you are also ignoring his economy rates from various tournaments when everyone is aware that he is a defensive spinner. While I do agree that he should have picked up more wickets in the tournaments he played. But it's evident that you are picking only those numbers which suit your narrative.
I am doing what Imad fans do which is ignore stats which doesn't suit them. That 54 batting average is a scam due to his not out against Afghanistan which is his only achievement in his career while he was actually out in that innings.

Next 2 Month 🔥🔥🔥

We will play 5 T20i against NZ club player (No kane, boult, henry, rachin, phillips, conway, ferguson, mitchell, santner )

3 T20i vs mighty Ireland

After these 8 T20i against third class team at pindi/lahore roads

👉 Babar will be no1 rank batsman
👉 another 2-3 T20i century
👉 Pak no.1 T20i rank
👉 babar 4K+ T20i runs
👉 most T20i wins (50+)
👉 🐐 T20i cap ever because 50+ T20i wins
👉invincible pak team

Our pace bowling world best again, rise of pak bowling under babar era & Most deserving wt20 winner team after winning 8 T20i vs club lvl team

Worldcup t20 2024
Reality check and some will cling onto perfomances vs Ireland

Next 2 Month 🔥🔥🔥

We will play 5 T20i against NZ club player (No kane, boult, henry, rachin, phillips, conway, ferguson, mitchell, santner )

3 T20i vs mighty Ireland

👉 Pak no.1 T20i rank
👉 babar 4K+ T20i runs
👉 most T20i wins (50+)
👉invincible pak team

Our pace bowling world best again, rise of pak bowling under babar era & Most deserving wt20 winner team after winning 8 T20i vs club lvl team

Worldcup t20 2024
Zindabad buddy

Next 2 Month 🔥🔥🔥

3 T20i vs mighty Ireland

👉 Pak no.1 T20i rank
👉 babar 4K+ T20i runs
👉 most T20i wins (50+)
👉invincible pak team

Worldcup t20 2024
One Man stands in the way!

Blair Tickner!!

Next 2 Month 🔥🔥🔥

3 T20i vs mighty Ireland

👉 Pak no.1 T20i rank
👉 babar 4K+ T20i runs
👉 most T20i wins (50+)
👉invincible pak team

Worldcup t20 2024

They are playing England too which will decide what their level is for the WC.

Misbah out of his depth again.

Babar was removed because he could no longer perform as captain or batsmen.

Losing tournament after tournament for 4 years was enough of an experience
He was a bit premature when he was on the job as captain and time out could give him a space to rethink his skills , decisions and application of it. His captaincy this year for PZ in PSL was commendable , he did won games from being down under inflicted batting collapses for the opponents, usage of Saim Ayyub as bowler etc

Not just the captain, it is also the players in the squad. He lost Sarfi, Amir, Hafeez, Malik, Haris Sohail, Wahab and Imad adding into the list later. This was the set of main players of the team in WC 2019.. When he took charge of the captaincy he only had the stable top order which Mickey left and was trying to build middle order , looking at the bowlers he had young shaheen, Shadab, Faheem Ashraf and Hasan ali who was out of contention during that time.. really taken aback by Haris Sohails absence who was expected to support Babar in the middle order.

Misbah couldnt help him provide the proper middle order ,instead filled them bits and pieces.. he had Haider Ali coming up really well during that time opened opportunity to make him permanent LOI batter a fine no.4 in ODIs and no.3 in T2OIs, instead he made him vanish away.. At that time the expectation was Haider to get chance in all three formats but stubborn Misbah made him debut lone T20I game which he made 50 goes to show how good of a form he was back then. now he is nowhere to be seen...

Babar also wished for foreign coach for his side impressed by Mickeys past tenure who shaped his career at no.3 ... Instead has to go thru with Misbah n Waqar and then under Saqlain he atleast had Hayden and Philander for a short while...

Babar also wished for foreign coach for his side impressed by Mickeys past tenure who shaped his career at no.3 ... Instead has to go thru with Misbah n Waqar and then under Saqlain he atleast had Hayden and Philander for a short while...

Not really. He wished for 'foreign coaches to integrate' into the national coaching setup. Not necessarily a foreign head coach as you're making it seem. Saqlain also suggested this to Ramiz Raja. He did get that wish with Hayden and Philander involved in the setup but they made a little difference. So many minds have come and gone, local and foreign, yet they couldn't break up the RizBar opening partnership that Misbah setup :salute

I totally lost whatever interest I had left in pak cricket since the re arrival of Babar Azam as our captain , the guy is a proven failure and a timid person with zero tactical awareness to lead Pak team.
Your interest was alive with Shaheen as captain?

I really don't have an issue with bashing Babar as captain, as I agree with the general sentiment that he is not a good captain at all. However, when the alternative is Shaheen, then all these posts become an absolute joke and posters have no credibility whatsoever.

Had people been supporting someone like Rizwan, it would have been understandable. But the environment is such that anyone other than Babar and Rizwan is a savior for some of you, and that's just unfortunate to say the least.

Not really. He wished for 'foreign coaches to integrate' into the national coaching setup. Not necessarily a foreign head coach as you're making it seem. Saqlain also suggested this to Ramiz Raja. He did get that wish with Hayden and Philander involved in the setup but they made a little difference. So many minds have come and gone, local and foreign, yet they couldn't break up the RizBar opening partnership that Misbah setup :salute
Are you misbah's pr person? Like do you work for him? 💀

I really don't have an issue with bashing Babar as captain, as I agree with the general sentiment that he is not a good captain at all. However, when the alternative is Shaheen, then all these posts become an absolute joke and posters have no credibility whatsoever.

Had people been supporting someone like Rizwan, it would have been understandable. But the environment is such that anyone other than Babar and Rizwan is a savior for some of you, and that's just unfortunate to say the least.

what do you want fans to say?

babar and rizwan are the only 2 players to play the most tournaments and not even won a single one.

A significant 81% of individuals on PP have expressed their disapproval of Babar's captaincy. maybe its the 20% that are trying to ruin pakistan cricket

Next 2 Month 🔥🔥🔥

3 T20i vs mighty Ireland

👉 Pak no.1 T20i rank
👉 babar 4K+ T20i runs
👉 most T20i wins (50+)
👉invincible pak team

Worldcup t20 2024
Nailed it.

Even in asia cup, the curators of the pitch deliberately prepares the pitch in a way to nullify spin.

Because otherwise lamichane would have made quick work of babar like he did in past psl

The do takkay ke journalists are the ones that spread lies to promote Babar and Rizwan as Tendulkar and Lara

The do takkay ke journalists are the ones that spread lies to promote Babar and Rizwan as Tendulkar and Lara
One poster got so aggressive with me because I said rachin is > Babar, his response was babar has broken multiple records of Kohli, Rachin doesn't compare.

He's using the fastest to 5000 runs excuse lol

One poster got so aggressive with me because I said rachin is > Babar, his response was babar has broken multiple records of Kohli, Rachin doesn't compare.

He's using the fastest to 5000 runs excuse lol
That’s how easy it is to overtake these overrated Pakistani players. Guys who have played 1 or 2 international matches show that they are better than Babar and Rizwan can dream of becoming.

Did you see yesterday how our friend @PakEngFan was left no choice but to admit Fin Allen is a better T20 opener than Rizwan? His chum @160KPH arrived at that speed to somehow make it look like Rizwan is overall the better cricketer :ROFLMAO:

That’s how easy it is to overtake these overrated Pakistani players. Guys who have played 1 or 2 international matches show that they are better than Babar and Rizwan can dream of becoming.

Did you see yesterday how our friend @PakEngFan was left no choice but to admit Fin Allen is a better T20 opener than Rizwan? His chum @160KPH arrived at that speed to somehow make it look like Rizwan is overall the better cricketer :ROFLMAO:
Pakengfan is the same guy who told me to not take everything literally 😂😂.

160kph on the other hand is AlrightE. I don't have issues with him, but the whole showcase 100% undeniable proof drama needs to end.

Deductions are a thing, by this logic Albert Einstein theory of realitivity is false but he couldn't show undeniable proof of realitivity in action 😂.

Asking for proof related to rizzu and Babar is kinda dumb, their actions are easy to read lol.

Pakengfan is the same guy who told me to not take everything literally 😂😂.

160kph on the other hand is AlrightE. I don't have issues with him, but the whole showcase 100% undeniable proof drama needs to end.

Deductions are a thing, by this logic Albert Einstein theory of realitivity is false but he couldn't show undeniable proof of realitivity in action 😂.

Asking for proof related to rizzu and Babar is kinda dumb, their actions are easy to read lol.
Hold on a second, you’re the one who asked for 100% irrefutable objective proof:
Prove to me the exact reasons as to why Imad was dropped, Prove it was based of PERFORMANCE LIKE YOURE CLAIMING.

Why did babar get reinstated as captain if PERFORMANCE IS THE CRITERIA PCB is run by.

Why did shadab and nawaz play world cup 2023 if performance is what is run by.

^^ Debate ends here. Plain and simple.

Once you give me objective proof as to reasons why, you win, otherwise everything you claimed is irrelevant by default.
Also all I’m saying is that if there’s no proof of something, to just not declare it as a fact. If you want to say that’s what you think happened or that’s what you think will happen that’s perfectly fine, but if you say “Shaheen and Babar are not friends anymore” but all of the reporting says Shaheen and Babar’s friendship is fine and the next day he posts this:

Then of course I won’t believe that.

That’s what @Rana said multiple times but he got caught lying about Rizwan dropping Usman Khan. So clearly you guys think you can predict someone’s behavior from far away but its just that, a prediction, and is often times wrong.

You’re still just mad that Rizwan performed in Australia. You’ve basically been in meltdown mode since that series where Sarfraz failed and Rizwan was our best batsmen.

I’m so sorry that Rizwan is going to be around for at least another 5 years. It’ll be okay, you’ll get used to it.

:afridi

That's because I am honest and not a blind hater. For you zeeshan ashraf is better than rizwan.

That's because I am honest and not a blind hater. For you zeeshan ashraf is better than rizwan.
For some reason some people think if you point out the obvious that Rizwan has been our best WK ever in SENA conditions, that means we somehow think that he’s the best player in the world in every single format.

I have a feeling that Babar was partly reappointed, as it was thought he’d get the most out of Saim given the PSL, plus Babars captaincy was quite a bit improved in PSL. So I’m pretty confident that Babar and Saim will open. And Babar will use Saim as a part time bowler. There’s a desperation for Saim to perform, given he’s the biggest talent we’ve had since Babar himself. And that Saim’s recent international series and career so far doesn’t look too great. I think they will take the gamble on Saim opening with Babar will get him performing as he’s used to it in PSL. I think this Babar Saim dynamic made it easier for Babar to regain captaincy, as too much of Pakistan's future lies on Saim. You could see how they handled Saim last match of the series, there’s a genuine worry he’s failing too much now, the thinking was he’d start performing instantly like Pakistani generational batting talents usually have like Babar and Umar.

I think fakhar will be left at 4 given his success in last international series and he’s been tried 3 a lot and it’s not been good there . So Rizwan I imagine will likely be playing at 3.

I do wonder if Saim didn’t play in the same PSL team alongside Babar, would Babar have got his captaincy back.

For some reason some people think if you point out the obvious that Rizwan has been our best WK ever in SENA conditions, that means we somehow think that he’s the best player in the world in every single format.
They don't like facts. They live in a world of their own. As I have said rizwan stats are better then many of our greats but they can't respond. The problem is they can't even play the b or c teams card because it doesn't exist in tests.

Just because you defend players against blind hate they think you are their fan.

Yup every Tom, Dick and Harry are better than Babar.

That's just Babar Sher's class, he's the standard and everyone is compared to him

Babar and Rizwan love their opening positions.

Babar is probably the best T20 no. 3 batter for Pakistan right now. But unless he is forced upon. He won't bat outside the opening position.

Rizwan knows he can't outperform other players down the positions. So he won't leave his opening position. If he does, he will be out of the team soon.

Babar and Rizwan love their opening positions.

Babar is probably the best T20 no. 3 batter for Pakistan right now. But unless he is forced upon. He won't bat outside the opening position.

Rizwan knows he can't outperform other players down the positions. So he won't leave his opening position. If he does, he will be out of the team soon.
In my opinion, at this point you can justify Babar opening. His SR the last 2 years in T20 has been much higher and he had either the highest or second highest SR of any player in the power play overs in the last PSL.

For Rizwan I think there’s no justification to play him as an opener considering his SR in recent times including the last PSL.

In my opinion, at this point you can justify Babar opening. His SR the last 2 years in T20 has been much higher and he had either the highest or second highest SR of any player in the power play overs in the last PSL.

For Rizwan I think there’s no justification to play him as an opener considering his SR in recent times including the last PSL.
Yes. Babar can play both positions. But Babar and Rizwan cannot open together. The team needs 1 aggressive opener. That's the demand of the game now.

Yes. Babar can play both positions. But Babar and Rizwan cannot open together. The team needs 1 aggressive opener. That's the demand of the game now.
Yeah has to be Saim with either Babar or a different aggressive opener like Harris/Usman Khan

Wahab Riaz on speculations regarding Shaheen Afrid and Babar Azam tensions:

"There was so much speculation in the media which gave a perception that if we had not gone to Kakul, they [Babar and Shaheen] might have hit each other."

“When we went there [Kakul], we saw that there was a lot of unity among the players. They used to play snooker together regularly after iftar. They would watch matches together and engage in cricket discussions and there was a really good environment. Their main aim is to win matches for Pakistan and you will see them doing that in future,”

“We wanted to manage Shaheen Afridi's workload because he's our main strike bowler and we need him completely fit for the World Cup. Babar Azam is the most experienced captain in this squad, obviously, he hasn't won any trophy but still, due to his experience, we thought Babar is the right choice for captaincy at this moment,"

Babar Azam, Pakistan’s T20I captain, is on the verge of breaking several records in the upcoming five-match T20I series against New Zealand.

With three more victories, he could become the most successful T20I captain, surpassing Brian Masaba’s record of 44 wins. If he plays all five matches, he will equal Aaron Finch’s record of leading in the most T20Is.

Babar is also just 42 runs away from breaking Finch’s record for the most runs as a T20I captain.

Additionally, he is aiming to become the first Pakistani to score 4000 runs in T20I cricket, needing 302 more runs to reach this milestone.

Babar Azam, Pakistan’s T20I captain, is on the verge of breaking several records in the upcoming five-match T20I series against New Zealand.

With three more victories, he could become the most successful T20I captain, surpassing Brian Masaba’s record of 44 wins. If he plays all five matches, he will equal Aaron Finch’s record of leading in the most T20Is.

Babar is also just 42 runs away from breaking Finch’s record for the most runs as a T20I captain.

Additionally, he is aiming to become the first Pakistani to score 4000 runs in T20I cricket, needing 302 more runs to reach this milestone.
Great, now fans will use this argument as well to justify why he's the goat captain.

Bad news for Uganda fans as their skipper's record is going to be broken by Babar @topspin @Rana

Babar is clearly the best batsmen we have, and that is a fact.

Babar is a manipulative, dheet, gawar low intellect captain, and that is a fact.

🤐

Attachments

• 52F06F12-B79C-4F63-AA00-A90BBB01E589.jpeg
    52F06F12-B79C-4F63-AA00-A90BBB01E589.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 7
People will never accept reality and will keep criticizing the things that are reality. Babar is captain now. He needs support as his campaign has just started with a series against NZ. He might not be the best one out there but now he is chosen to lead the team again so he should e given every chance to prove whether he has improved or not.

People will never accept reality and will keep criticizing the things that are reality. Babar is captain now. He needs support as his campaign has just started with a series against NZ. He might not be the best one out there but now he is chosen to lead the team again so he should e given every chance to prove whether he has improved or not.
But we have accepted reality? Reality that we ain't winning a cup for the next 4 years thanks to our captain

But we have accepted reality? Reality that we ain't winning a cup for the next 4 years thanks to our captain
Pakistan had the strongest squad in 1996, but we lost eventually because it was all a team game not just the captain's fault. The team needs to click at the right time to win something substantial like we did in 2017. Babar might not be the best captain out there but look around the team as well. Where would you rank this team among the earlier squads?

Pakistan had the strongest squad in 1996, but we lost eventually because it was all a team game not just the captain's fault. The team needs to click at the right time to win something substantial like we did in 2017. Babar might not be the best captain out there but look around the team as well. Where would you rank this team among the earlier squads?
That's different.

1996 and 2011 had us lose to literally the most powerful teams in the tournament. 2011 wasn't the strongest but because they were gelled they managed to beat the strongest Sri lankan team in history and end Australia's unbeaten streak.

2017 was the same.

When has the team ever clicked under babar's captaincy? How do you expect the team to click when no body even knows what their role is, or what squad is being selected?

Literally last year, chacha and haris were drafted into the odi squad last minute. Abdullah and saud didn't even get games until last minute where their suddenly expected to perform in a world cup stage.

What exactly was saud role at no 5? He isn't a striker?, what were shadab and nawaz's role? Were they spinners? Allrounders? Why was chacha sometimes brought at no 8 to bat? Why were fakhar, Abdullah and imam having a triple threat match at opening?

2017, 1996, 2011, 2009, 1992 (Everyones role is clear, game plan is clear, one united captain)

2024 (We have middle order bats opening and opening bats in the middle, our lower order is uncertain, tbf the bowling is clear atleast unlike 2023, atleast the bowling is sorted now, so 2024 is an improvement over 2023 atleast)

Where would you rank this team among the earlier squads?

Sorry i missed this question.

Compared to 2023, this squad is miles better.

Imad > Nawaz 100%

Naseem shah and Amir > Hasan ali and rauf

So the bowling overall is better. Even if you argue that Amir and imad suck like other certain posters have, Theirs no denying imad and Amir are >>>>>>>>> Rauf and Nawaz. These 2 on current form are so bad that they don't belong even in club cricket.

Abrar being added as a specialist spinner is a huge bonus and while I'm unsure about usama his current psl form can be considered but we'll wait and see.

Batting wise the inclusion of usman khan is a huge plus and can strengthen that no 4 spit which has been lacking with imad being able to strengthen that no 5 spot.

Shadab has also improved as a cricketer. I don't rate shafab but he has improved slightly but hopefully he doesn't prove to be a psl wonder.

So 2024 squad > 2023 and > 2022 squad easily no question also > 2021.

This squad is weaker then 2017 and 2019 squad though.

Back