[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Babar Azam re-appointed as Pakistan white-ball captain

Is it the right decision to re-appoint Babar Azam as white-ball captain?

• Total voters
You do realise April Fool’s Day jokes are meant to stop at 12pm?
Yes, and if you crack an April Fool's joke after 12 pm, you are the fool. But no one cares about these rules and regulations.

After listening to a sports reporter, i myself have had a chance to cool down and be dispassionate about the situation. The PCB has now made a decision with regards to who the T-20 captain will be and now the players will have no choice but to accept and respect the decision. The reality none of these players i.e. Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, Shadab are world beaters and they haven't won anything extra ordinary for the country in the last 5 years and the PCB is the one who is to blame for allowing these mediocre cricketers to create camps and to dictate terms, conditions to the board.

Any player who tries to undermine the captain, board or team needs to be booted out from the team with new players bought in. If Babar indulges in the same dosti yaari crap i.e. drops Amir, Imad and unjustly picks Nawaz tuu mera match winner hai then axe him as captain in due course.

Mohsin Naqvi is coming to the PCB with powerful backing and he will not hessitate to clean house if necessary and make long term tough decisions.

Final Warning:

Any further personal attacks towards any poster will result in a ban. Let's show respect to each other.

After listening to a sports reporter, i myself have had a chance to cool down and be dispassionate about the situation. The PCB has now made a decision with regards to who the T-20 captain will be and now the players will have no choice but to accept and respect the decision. The reality none of these players i.e. Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, Shadab are world beaters and they haven't won anything extra ordinary for the country in the last 5 years and the PCB is the one who is to blame for allowing these mediocre cricketers to create camps and to dictate terms, conditions to the board.

Any player who tries to undermine the captain, board or team needs to be booted out from the team with new players bought in. If Babar indulges in the same dosti yaari crap i.e. drops Amir, Imad and unjustly picks Nawaz tuu mera match winner hai then axe him as captain in due course.

Mohsin Naqvi is coming to the PCB with powerful backing and he will not hessitate to clean house if necessary and make long term tough decisions.
I don't think this Naqvi guy is competent enough to run PCB. He should announce the captain earlier then talk to Amir, Imad and Usman. If Babar don't want these players Amir/imad could stay retired and Usman can have good future in UAE. There was no need to trick players.

Right,

Do you agree this decision isn’t based on merit though?

Babar’s last ODI results: ICC World Cup, 4 out of 9 wins (Netherlands, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and New Zealand on DLS)

Asia Cup: 2 wins (Bangladesh and Nepal)

If it isn't based upon merit who should be captain ?

@Mamoon , don't you think it was unfair to remove Shaheen after just one series? Shaheen is a guaranteed starter, has tasted success in PSL, young, good record in ICC tournaments, what was the harm in persisting with him till June? Call could have been made after that. This can shatter his confidence, make him underperform at a time when he should be your main weapon. The public spectacle of this too has done no good, making Shaheen look like a placeholder, not like Babar has the captaincy skills, track record, personality, leadership traits, street-smarts of an Imran, Border, Ranatunga, Waugh, Dhoni, Graeme Smith, Morgan or Cummins. Doing all this to accommodate a mediocre leader doesn't make sense from a cricket perspective.
I like Shaheen as a captain, and I have no doubt that his chance will come again in the future, but this is not the right moment in his career. His form has been poor for a long time and he just had a woeful PSL as captain. Sometimes when you know that something is not working it is important to nip it in the bud. Shaheen is professional enough to understand that focusing on his bowling has to be the main priority right now.
You can slag off Shan Masood all you want, and I get your point about him not being an automatic starter in the XI. But it was Babar who made the decision to quit captaincy in test cricket as well, based on poor results in Asia Cup, WC, both in ODI format. Call me a skeptic if you want, but I don't think Babar wanted to lead in Australia, he was afraid of more backlash after an expected whitewash, and I am sure you'll agree a test tour to Australia is the toughest assignment for any Pak player or captain. Now that the tough tour is over, he may want to lead Pak at home against Bangladesh, WI, Eng etc, none of the upcoming assignments as brutal as a test tour to Oz, especially for a Pak skipper. This reeks of cowardice and opportunism, don't you think? He would have gained more respect had he manned up and led his team in Australia and then resigned giving his successor an easier assignment to start off with.
I disagree. PCB wanted to make Babar the sacrificial lamb for the whitewash in Australia and protect Masood. Why should Babar have protected Masood when he doesn't even deserve to be in the team let alone captain?

If it isn't based upon merit who should be captain ?
Imo, Shaheen, Rizwan( yes I'm being serious, I don't like rizwan but if we're going solely of psl merit then sure), Shadab (Same as rizwan scenario)

Anyone but babar, Babar has proven himself as a failure who can't win anything.

Imo, Shaheen, Rizwan( yes I'm being serious, I don't like rizwan but if we're going solely of psl merit then sure), Shadab (Same as rizwan scenario)

Anyone but babar, Babar has proven himself as a failure who can't win anything.

I would have vouched for Rizwan if they 100% wanted to sack Shaheen as captain.

Reading some posts on this thread it feels like the discourse is going towards a really negative point.

I apologize for anything that I’ve contributed towards this hostility and I think I’m going to cut back dramatically on discussing cricket politics and more on just the cricket. Maybe some more صَبْرٌ would do all of us a world of good.

Babar has badly damaged his public reputation. People had some sympathy before when Zaka removed him as captain a few months ago but all that has dissipated now with his selfishness, emotional apathy and the surgical nature in which he has backstabbed Imad first in Karachi Kings and now Shaheen.

Reading some posts on this thread it feels like the discourse is going towards a really negative point.

I apologize for anything that I’ve contributed towards this hostility and I think I’m going to cut back dramatically on discussing cricket politics and more on just the cricket. Maybe some more صَبْرٌ would do all of us a world of good.
No one blames you bro, you didn't do anything wrong.

It was a personal fight which had to be done, its done and over now, so move on but don't worry you didn't do anything wrong.

Theirs no need to apologise as you didn't contribute to any hostility, if you're referring to your babar trolls, that isn't hostility.

You're a good chad dw.

No one blames you bro, you didn't do anything wrong.

It was a personal fight which had to be done, its done and over now, so move on but don't worry you didn't do anything wrong.

Theirs no need to apologise as you didn't contribute to any hostility, if you're referring to your babar trolls, that isn't hostility.

You're a good chad dw.
Appreciate you brother and your contributions to the forum.

Fitness test records also being leaked with Rizwan finished at 8 :26 mins and Naseem WasimJr. HARIS all finished at 8:27

Babar has badly damaged his public reputation. People had some sympathy before when Zaka removed him as captain a few months ago but all that has dissipated now with his selfishness, emotional apathy and the surgical nature in which he has backstabbed Imad first in Karachi Kings and now Shaheen.

Even Babar's captaincy spot is not confirmed you never know he might get sacked again after the World Cup.

I am not arguing with what you said, I am just saying Junaid needs to be given credit as well. Pak team's fortunes turned a corner once he was brought back in the team ahead of Wahab Riaz. Cricket is a team game. Pak won the semi without Amir, won the final with Amir. Only God knows what could have been had Amir not played the final but that shouldn't discredit the performance of other 10 players (out of which 6-7 did very well). Even Azhar Ali played a gem of an inning in the final by shielding Fakhar earlier on and taking on Indian bowlers (in his own way)
Dont forget Hasan Ali.

Even Babar's captaincy spot is not confirmed you never know he might get sacked again after the World Cup.

The present PCB regime will not give him a free hand as he was given in the past. If he doesn't deliver he will get booted out. He will not blindly get the players he wants this time, if he doesn't want Amir and Imad, too bad, the selectors will over rule him.

Not this nonsense again.

Already countered in post #31 in your thread

Also Ehsan Mani. That era with Wasim Khan at the helm was much better
Yes. PCB needed a head that de capitalized the power like he did. But after giving most of the powers to Wasim Khan, he should have been more active in background work in improving other aspects of PCB as Wasim was overseeing majority of other stuff. But he sort of hibernated in the background. And he couldn't also bring his own vision to PCB as most of the stuff was dictated (especially the domestic system) by Imran. Wish he could have taken measures to permanently change constitution of PCB and freeing its association from the ruling government. And PSL should have also been made a seperate entity.
Things came back to as they were once Ramiz took over and reinstated himself all the powers.

After reading quite a few of these recent posts there seems to be a lot of discord amongst the posters.

Whether people Support Babar, Rizwan, Imad or whoever.

At the end of the day the most important thing is for Pakistan to do well and win trophies.

Everyone just chill its Ramadan.

This guy Babar is another Misbah like person who resists changes , keeps players out who perform better but keeps giving chances to players who plays in a way that doesn’t t challenge his style of play.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he and Rizwan open again with Saim being benched or made to come q down the rder

Well if it was up to me i would have made a cunning captain like Imad Wasim.
Imad is a rubbish captain who is nothing without Babar carrying him with his runs.

He has a W/L ratio of only 0.43 without Babar in the team and when Babar left for Zalmi, Imad had the opportunity to prove that he wasn’t dependent on Babar but he failed miserably, finishing second last and below Babar’s Zalmi.

Kings got so upset they kicked him the following season.

This guy Babar is another Misbah like person who resists changes , keeps players out who perform better but keeps giving chances to players who plays in a way that doesn’t t challenge his style of play.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he and Rizwan open again with Saim being benched or made to come q down the rder
It'll 100% happen.

Babar wants opening, so either he or saim open or rizzu Bobby get restored.

But either way captain is bringing himself to open

Only reason I'm invested is because you guys spam your conspiracy theories. The latest one being that mamoon has connections with Zalmi hence why he's now supporting Babar. That's slandering, and you have no evidence of this.

I'm not sure if you've followed the trail but I've already highlighted 2 x pieces of evidence, which I also brought forward to another poster because like yourself, he also thought I was in cuckoo land. But now he acknowledges what he sees in front of him to be very revealing.

All I'm going to say is it's very sus.

And who's stuck where, you guys just keep repeating nonsense Iike this and giving each other support on how you're so right. It's a continuous trend. I've had my differences with @Mamoon especially about him supporting India over Pak. He obviously doesn't need mine or anyone else's support as he's capable of handling you guys on his own but just the fact that he's come out against your constant bashing should be an eye opener for you guys.
He's not my buddy but does have my full support for his latest cause. And if people can't debate with him on merit that's not his fault.

I've been informed about what went on this morning.

My advice to you is think wisely, before you decide to fight his battles. Let this be a lesson, just because someone doesn't rate your favourite players, it doesn't excuse you to gang up with someone witch such abhorrent views.

Imad Wasim had an agenda, Simon Doull won new fans like you. You only want to hear and get validation on what you think is right, other opinions don't matter.

Babar being referred to as a selfish individual used to be a matter of opinion, however this is now a foregone conclusion. This is evident by the following:
  • Imad, Wasim Akram and Simon Doull have all exposed him for being selfish
  • Babar refused to bat at 3 in T20Is, even when he was out for form during the 2022 WT20. He was also asked to bat at number 3 for Karachi Kings but he refused to do so.
  • It's been reported that it was Babar who ordered those lifeless pitches that were prepared for the home test series against England and Australia, so he could boost his batting stats
  • He backstabbed Imad Wasim and SSA when they were captains for KK and Pakistan (respectively). This is the most notable reason as to why I say his selfishness is now a foregone conclusion
You have 3 options:
  1. Stick to your default mode, which is to run away
  2. Argue against facts
  3. Swallow your pride and accept the reality
Again, I recommend choosing wisely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you've followed the trail but I've already highlighted 2 x pieces of evidence, which I also brought forward to another poster because like yourself, he also thought I was in cuckoo land. But now he acknowledges what he sees in front of him to be very revealing.

My advice to you is think wisely, before you decide to fight his battles. Let this be a lesson, just because someone doesn't rate your favourite players, it doesn't excuse you to gang up with someone witch such abhorrent views.

Babar being referred to as a selfish individual used to be a matter of opinion, however this is now a foregone conclusion. This is evident by the following:
  • Babar refused to bat at 3 in T20Is, even when he was out for form during the 2022 WT20. He was also asked to bat at number 3 for Karachi Kings but he refused to do so.
  • It's been reported that it was Babar who ordered those lifeless pitches that were prepared for the home test series against England and Australia, so he could boost his batting stats
  • He backstabbed Imad Wasim and SSA when they were captains for KK and Pakistan (respectively). This is the most notable reason as to why I say his selfishness is now a foregone conclusion
You have 3 options:
  2. Argue against facts
Bobby plays for himself. He doesn't play for anyone else. He's an average cricketer who's been built to be world class.

He's nowhere close. The only thing Babar has going for him is that he's consistent as a pakiatani bat whereas other high impact players like fakhar are inconsistent.

And even then he's consistent against weaker oppositions.

Bobby plays for himself. He doesn't play for anyone else.

It's amazing how people can still deny this.

He's an average cricketer who's been built to be world class.

He's nowhere close. The only thing Babar has going for him is that he's consistent as a pakiatani bat whereas other high impact players like fakhar are inconsistent.

And even then he's consistent against weaker oppositions.

Exactly, 1 away test hundred outside Asia.

I've been informed about what went on this morning.

You have 3 options:
  2. Argue against facts

Haha you giving options now, 🤣 😂 . Anyways buddy I've said my piece and will continue to call out your agenda against our Babar Sher. Mamoon isn't my boy like your group operates. He has his own views as I do mine and I even called him out on the drama that had your group rattled. Argue with him on merit and it wouldn't be a problem but you guys get offended too easily.

Haha you giving options now, 🤣 😂 didn't know it was your forum. Anyways buddy I've said my piece and will continue to call out your agenda against our Babar Sher.

Nah, you and I both know that you don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to Babar's selfishness. That's why you're running away again. That's fine by me but please don't use your free will to make up lies. The only one who has an agenda out of us two is you and that's simply because you're intolerant of any criticism that is made towards Babar/Misbah. The truth of the matter is it goes well beyond the scope of an agenda because you're actually part of a cult. I've been informed about your snap in the POTW thread and I've also seen it first hand when you decided to malign Wasim Akram. For what? All because they criticised Babar Azam.

I mean I shouldn't be surprised because Babar fans have a track record of being toxic. They've been taunting Imad, Wasim Akram has been turned on by them, including yourself. Simon Doull has recieved death, and also rape threats aimed at his family. I've given you many chances for you to show the best version of yourself but it's now apparent to me that you're just another one of them.

Mamoon isn't my boy like your group operates. He has his own views as I do mine and I even called him out on the drama that had your group rattled. Argue with him on merit and it wouldn't be a problem but you guys get offended too easily.

You need to learn to fight your own battles before you fight his battles. No point "calling me out" if you're not willing to engage and have a proper discussion.

Nah, you and I both know that you don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to Babar's selfishness. That's why you're running away again. That's fine by me but please don't use your free will to make up lies. The only one who has an agenda out of us two is you and that's simply because you're intolerant of any criticism that is made towards Babar/Misbah.

You know I've tolerated your agenda long enough. All you do is Babar this, Babar that, if you didn't have an agenda you would also give him due praise not just criticize. I've criticized Babar and it's on record, when both him and Riz decided to go to Harvard in a WC year. I have yet to hear anything good about Babar from you. Give valid criticism and we can have an actual debate but you let your hate for him get in the way. Same with Misbah, all you do is bring up Mohali when you very well know that Afridi was the captain and the real culprit in that game. You've even acknowledged that you regretted supporting Afridi but you won't go one step further and acknowledge Misbah's achievements.
I've been informed about your snap in the POTW thread and I've also seen it first hand when you decided to malign Wasim Akram. For what? All because they criticised Babar Azam.

These points have been addressed in my previous replies to you and I've clarified my position on this. You seem to have a problem of letting things go and keep repeating same arguments that have already been acknowledged and answered.

What I have read on this thread is nothing short of ridiculous. How did a friendly discussion about Babar’s captaincy merge into a personal and political war? Slander, false accusations, insulting… ridiculous. I have read some of the most immature conversations, and these people have been on this forum for ages, so I would expect a level of maturity.

Babar Azam is an athlete, and there are different views on him. This should not wreak havoc on the peacefulness and sageness of this internet forum. In a way, it puts a bad light on us Pakistanis as we are known to bicker over the smallest things.

My opinion on this is that we should wait and see. Time will tell if Babar learns from his mistakes and turns out as a successful captain. We cannot judge his reinstated captaincy until we see him lead Pakistan in at least one series. Again, Time will tell.

My only request; please, especially you older ones, show some maturity and discipline.

Babar Azam will captain Pakistan and we shall see if he succeeds or fails. I keep repeating, time will tell, and then we can criticize or praise.

I disagree. PCB wanted to make Babar the sacrificial lamb for the whitewash in Australia and protect Masood. Why should Babar have protected Masood when he doesn't even deserve to be in the team let alone captain?
But this was Babar's team, all the players were handpicked by him and groomed for the last 2 years. Shan had no input in building the team either in terms of selection or imposing his philosophy and overall strategy about how the team has to go about test cricket. In my opinion it was unfair to throw a first time captain to the lions like that.

Imad is a rubbish captain who is nothing without Babar carrying him with his runs.

He has a W/L ratio of only 0.43 without Babar in the team and when Babar left for Zalmi, Imad had the opportunity to prove that he wasn’t dependent on Babar but he failed miserably, finishing second last and below Babar’s Zalmi.

Kings got so upset they kicked him the following season.
One bad season proves nothing. Take out Miandad from Imran’s team, take out Jayasuria from Ranatunga’s team, take out Tendulkar/Gambhir from Dhoni’s team, you will see that these captains would have finished bottom too instead of winning the world cups.

A captain is as good as his team. Captain needs to be a good tactician and that is what Imad is.

The whole imad vs babar vs Sarfraz as captains can be debunked in with just this figure alone.

Imad: Psl Winner.

Sarfraz: Under 19, CT 2017 and PSL winner.

Babar: 0

Either you guys stop mocking each other and trying to insult others, or else you should leave this thread, Please. This thread was about Babar and his captaincy but it has become more of an insult thread now.

Either you guys stop mocking each other and trying to insult others, or else you should leave this thread, Please. This thread was about Babar and his captaincy but it has become more of an insult thread now.
Exactly my point.

Imad fills his role better because he's 100x the batter nawaz is and bowler too. Nawaz in asia cup and world cup was so bad, only Joe root bowled worse lol. In batting he'd been a consistent failure.

Imad outperformed him in the NZ series, in t20 imad had better performances and finished the game alot better when he and rizwan were batting, whereas nawaz in batting consistently failed against minnow bowling.

Secondly he was the best no 5 in psl, he proved that 3x in clutch games. I'm sorry to break it to you but these are facts, all you have is one game for nawaz against India, even then you're forgetting how badly nawaz messed up against sa and india where he lost games. Trust me their isn't any one better at the lower order then him atm, if their was we'd find one on psl, and no saim does not count as saim is an opener lol.

Also if you can kindly stop being hostile, thanks and listen to my viewpoint you'll realise its not a hate speech just because I don't see eye to eye with you.

Babar doesn't fulfil his role properly IN T20, KEY WORDS T20, I've advocated multiple times for him to be our no 3 in odi, but for some reason this gets ignored and people attack me as a Bobby hater for not wanting him in t20.

In t20 unless the opposition is c string where Bobby can tonk 100's, he's useless otherwise. A t20 openers job is to utilise the powerplay and give a solid start in the first 6 overs WHICH BABAR DOES NOT DO.

at no 3 in t20 we've yet to see how he performs but now with him being captain again it's unlikely he'll stay at no 3 and will want to open.

Babar has always been milestone obsessed, he'll want opening as it's the easiest position to get your milestone in.

Even a hard core Babar fan cannot deny Babar is milestone obsessed and has slowed down countless times for his 50 or 100.
As I said, you can have your opinion on Babar Azam’s prowess. For me, there is no batsman in Pakistan to tie his shoelaces, which automatically elevates him to a level that does demand respect. He has flaws, and he is definitely not the ‘best’ player his hardcore fans think he is. But he is really good, and the only one that can be consistently relied on to score runs for our country.

However, my point is that if you are belittling Babar and his achievements, atleast have the decency to not run behind a mediocre piece of waste like Imad Wasim. His stats at international level are shocking to say the least, besides his inflated ODI batting average maybe due to useless not outs.

Please compare Nawaz and Imad with proper statistical values and you might realize the error of your ways. I can name atleast three instances where Nawaz performed against India, South Africa and New Zealand, and genuinely turned the match on its head. You would be hard pressed to find any significant performance by Imad against decent opposition, we’ll only end up discussing economy rates and throw everything else out of the window.

I don’t care how good he is in PSL, what matters is whether Imad Wasim will bottle it once more playing for Pakistan or not. And the answer is, he always will because he just doesn’t have the skill to succeed at that level.

For the record, I really hope Nawaz gets dropped and never heard of again. Now imagine watching people celebrate someone who is as bad as Nawaz.

As I said, you can have your opinion on Babar Azam’s prowess. For me, there is no batsman in Pakistan to tie his shoelaces, which automatically elevates him to a level that does demand respect. He has flaws, and he is definitely not the ‘best’ player his hardcore fans think he is. But he is really good, and the only one that can be consistently relied on to score runs for our country.

However, my point is that if you are belittling Babar and his achievements, atleast have the decency to not run behind a mediocre piece of waste like Imad Wasim. His stats at international level are shocking to say the least, besides his inflated ODI batting average maybe due to useless not outs.

Please compare Nawaz and Imad with proper statistical values and you might realize the error of your ways. I can name atleast three instances where Nawaz performed against India, South Africa and New Zealand, and genuinely turned the match on its head. You would be hard pressed to find any significant performance by Imad against decent opposition, we’ll only end up discussing economy rates and throw everything else out of the window.

I don’t care how good he is in PSL, what matters is whether Imad Wasim will bottle it once more playing for Pakistan or not. And the answer is, he always will because he just doesn’t have the skill to succeed at that level.

For the record, I really hope Nawaz gets dropped and never heard of again. Now imagine watching people celebrate someone who is as bad as Nawaz.
Brother this past year in 2023, Rizwan and fakhar did much much better then babar.

Fakhar scored 3 centuries in a row, and another 60 ball 100 which was probs ampung the best centuries in a world cup?

Rizwan who I critise did better then babar in t20 consistently and outperformed him in the cup. You're really pushing it with the babar babar stuff, Him having a good 2019-2021 run doesn't mean we ignore how bad he's been since 2022, Since 2022 he's consistently failed in tournaments against a string teams and only bullied c string. Tbf he's done well in test though but not in odi or T20.

Imad's performance against Afghanistan is ironically superior to Nawaz's whole career. That 40 of 20 that nawaz scored against India was an Indian team that arguably had the worst bowling in existence, its why England butchered them, 2022 INDIA was not full strength, They didn't have kuldeep, Siraj, bumrah, Jadeja and multiple other bowlers due to injuries.

Their main spinner in 2022 was ashwin lol who's historically poor in t20.

2019 Afghanistan bowling > 2021 and 2022 Indian bowling.

India did not reach full strength until 2023 and even then pandya got injured, pandya who made babar his bunny in bowling.

Funny thing is that it’s the ones who want Babar as captain that’ll be complaining on match day threads about his field placements, bowling rotation, drs decision making etc.

Lets lineup behind Babar and Pakistan team and support him whole heartedly, its a fact that SSA as a pacer has dip in his performance and as captain one should lead from the front, there is nobody more suitable than Babar

Lets lineup behind Babar and Pakistan team and support him whole heartedly, its a fact that SSA as a pacer has dip in his performance and as captain one should lead from the front, there is nobody more suitable than Babar
“Nobody more suitable than Babar”

Sure, if what you consider suitable as losing 3-0 to England at home, 1-0 to Australia at home, being destroyed by Afghanistan in the World Cup, choking 2 Asia cups and 1 world T20. Let’s not also forget investing in mediocre players like Rizwan, Nawaz, Iftikhar and Khushdil

I for one however prefer trying something different rather than sticking with mediocrity

Sure, if what you consider suitable as losing 3-0 to England at home, 1-0 to Australia at home, being destroyed by Afghanistan in the World Cup, choking 2 Asia cups and 1 world T20. Let’s not also forget investing in mediocre players like Rizwan, Nawaz, Iftikhar and Khushdil

I for one however prefer trying something different rather than sticking with mediocrity

What are the alternatives, Shan Masood cannot hold onto his place in the team , Shadab Khan is a mercenary, SSA has fitness issues Rizwan is more into religion and has limitations as a player.

Saud Shakeel Abdullah Shafique are yet prove their mettle

Thankfully we didn't invest in more medicore player in danish Aziz, omair yousuf, sarfraz, hassnain and fixer like sharjeel.

The dressing room Babar will find himself will be very different from the one he led from 2019 to 2023. I predict a resignation or sacking down the line.

I think everyone should cool down. Such polarisation amongst our own fans is sad when our anger should be aimed at PCB who seem intent on destroying whatever's left of our cricket. Let's review the situation from all angles:

1) PCB cement their status as cricket's worst employers. Regardless of your views on Shaheen's suitability as captain - to give him 1 series before sacking him 2 months before a major tournament is deeply unjust and has fractured a generally unified dressing room. Some argue political machinations (Shaheen's support of IK) and Peshawar Zalmi's lobbying played a role, but that's speculation. More likely is the defeat to NZ and Lahore's poor PSL, and the new Government's desire to be seen as doing something to revive Pakistan Cricket which occasionally offers PR boosts for beleaguered regimes.

The manner of the decision, without consultation with players, smacks of the typical arrogance of the older Pakistani male authority figure. The press release attributing quotes to Shaheen without his approval was the cherry topping the cake of ineptitude.

2) Babar - Let me preface this by saying we sometimes take Babar's runs for granted and like expectant desi parents, we always want more. Captaining Pakistan is a thankless task but he did so for 4 years during which there were 4 PCB Chairs, 3 Head Coaches, and 5 Chief Selectors. He even had his Whatsapp messages leaked on TV by his boss during the World Cup !

However I'm disappointed Babar failed to reciprocate the loyalty that Shaheen showed him when people called for Babar's head after Pakistan's winless home Test season in 2022/23. Shaheen rushed back from injury to help Babar at the 2022 T20 World Cup, and reinjured himself in the process. Babar already had a long stint with more authority than any skipper since Inzamam with little to show, and now many will perceive him as a powerhungry backstabber.

PCB merit the most blame for triggering the change, but Babar emerges poorly.

3) If Shaheen binned his central contract today and becomes a freelancer, I wouldn't blame him one iota. Forget this fiasco - recall how badly Shaheen's injury was handled in 2022. Ramiz was publicly shamed into reimbursing his medical fees. He was misdiagnosed, prematurely re-selected, and bowled into the ground. Instead of offering time and space to develop as captain, PCB dispose him like yesterday's newspaper.

After Babar, he's Pakistan's most recognisable cricketer. Some argue Shaheen's post-injury decline merited a captaincy change, but review his numbers during the last year. His Test numbers are terrible but his white-ball numbers are virtually identical to his career record ! Shaheen's "decline" is some of our pacers' peaks !

Tests - 14 wkts at 39.78 (4 matches)
ODIs - 42 wkts at 24.04 (21 matches)
T20Is - 15 wkts at 22.00 (10 matches)

4) Rizwan/Shadab - A penny for their thoughts. Both have impressed as PSL captains over several years, yet PCB reappoint a skipper who already had a prolonged stint with limited success.

5) Selection Committee - This panel consists of 7 members - 3 of whom are Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Yousuf and Abdul Razzaq. With respect, they're amongst the dimmest Pakistani cricketers of all time.

Mr Fast and Wayward. Mr I Bottled the Sydney Test with one of the worst displays of captaincy. And Mr Ahmed Shehzad is more talented than Sachin Tendulkar (who also happens to be a sexist and once overdosed on spinach on tour). If Naqvi's empowering this panel to take decisions then Khuda Hafiz to Pakistan Cricket.

Still wondering why PCB appointed Shaheen for just 1-2 series as a captain and why they again go back to Babar. And they are okay to bring back players like Amir and Imad who were happy criticising for each and everything after their retirements. PCB are really the weirdest authority in any form of sports right now.

Thankfully we didn't invest in more medicore player in danish Aziz, omair yousuf, sarfraz, hassnain and fixer like sharjeel.
Again, who was the captain when we won ct 2017?

Ik your pride isn't Willing to state he who must not be named.

What are the alternatives, Shan Masood cannot hold onto his place in the team , Shadab Khan is a mercenary, SSA has fitness issues Rizwan is more into religion and has limitations as a player.

Saud Shakeel Abdullah Shafique are yet prove their mettle
I am no longer a fan of Masood however in our last 2 test series he has outscored Babar and as such he merits a place above him. Even when given a chance in LOIs he has done better - T20 world cup being the prime example.

No one wants Abdullah as captain. Most rational fans of Pakistan would prefer Saifi back with Saud as his VC but other alternatives are Imad, Shaheen and Shadab in T20s

Well we did invest in players like rizwan and what did that get us

2020 tour of England test: 1-0 loss
2021 tour of New Zealand test: 2-0 loss
2021 tour of England ODI:3-0 loss
2021 tour of England T20I:2-1 loss
2021 T20 world cup: humiliation in the semis
2022 Australia tour of Pak Test: 1-0 loss
2022 Australia tour of Pak T20: 1-0 loss
2022 Asia cup: Humiliation in the final
2022 Eng tour of Pak T20: 4-3 loss
2022 T20 world cup: losing vs Zimbabwe
2022 Eng tour of Pak test: 3-0 humilation
2023 NZ tour of Pak ODI: 2-1 loss
2023 NZ tour of Pak T20: 2-2 draw
2023 Asia Cup: Biggest tournament humiliation in my life time
2023 world cup: No comment

This is the legacy Babar and rizwan will leave behind whereas Sarfraz no matter what happens next in his career, will be remembered as the lion who snatched 2 ICC trophies from the clutches of India

So I'll say this for the last time, never compare a house-cat like Rizwan to a sher like Safi :shhh

Well we did invest in players like Legwan and what did that get us

This is the legacy Babar and Legwan will leave behind whereas Sarfraz no matter what happens next in his career, will be remembered as the lion who snatched 2 ICC trophies from the clutches of India

So I'll say this for the last time, never compare a house-cat like Rizwan to a sher like Safi :shhh
They'll bring up series against C string attacks to counter you lol 😂😂

Let them do whatever, I don't care anymore

Fact is history will vindicate us and Sarfraz whereas Babar and his gang of three will be nothing but footnotes of history
Tbf, they won't be footnotes, but their hype will die down.

Inzi use to have so much hype but years later people view him as just a decent batsmen mainly because he's failed in tournaments so many times.

Only players who left a mark are remembered. Imran Khan is remembered for his 1992 wc win more so then his actual performance( still a goat player though), Saeed Anwar despite being a tail ender in SENA conditions is remembered as a great pakistani opener primarily for his 192.

Similarly fakhar will be remembered as the first pakiatani and probs only pakistani batsmen to score a 200 as well as his final Ct 100, Sarfi and YK are remembered for 2009 and 2017 victories, the 2018 fiasco will fase away, Same with YK, the oathgate nonsense is only remembered by very few haters.

Casual fans view him as the goat captain and have forgotten or aren't even aware, same for sarfi.

Afridi despite being average, people remember him as a goat allrounder who hit the fastest century and maintained that record for decades before being broken.

Babar won't be remembered as a goat UNLESS he makes a mark which he hasn't. The NZ game isn't a huge deal, Future generations will look at the scorecard and find nothing special about it.

Tbf, they could remember him for statistics, Bobby statistically can fraud his way to the top of being pakistan's best statically great bat.

People keep saying that stats are fraud but they end up bringing stats to prove their point that Babar is the main reason we lost all series.

Tbf, they won't be footnotes, but their hype will die down.

Inzi use to have so much hype but years later people view him as just a decent batsmen mainly because he's failed in tournaments so many times.

Only players who left a mark are remembered. Imran Khan is remembered for his 1992 wc win more so then his actual performance( still a goat player though), Saeed Anwar despite being a tail ender in SENA conditions is remembered as a great pakistani opener primarily for his 192.

Similarly fakhar will be remembered as the first pakiatani and probs only pakistani batsmen to score a 200 as well as his final Ct 100, Sarfi and YK are remembered for 2009 and 2017 victories, the 2018 fiasco will fase away, Same with YK, the oathgate nonsense is only remembered by very few haters.

Casual fans view him as the goat captain and have forgotten or aren't even aware, same for sarfi.

Afridi despite being average, people remember him as a goat allrounder who hit the fastest century and maintained that record for decades before being broken.

Babar won't be remembered as a goat UNLESS he makes a mark which he hasn't. The NZ game isn't a huge deal, Future generations will look at the scorecard and find nothing special about it.

Tbf, they could remember him for statistics, Bobby statistically can fraud his way to the top of being pakistan's best statically great bat.
The afridi hype has pretty much ended imo. Most people I've talked to irl about cricket recognize him as a good cricketer but he is memed alot for his 3 ball stays. I reckon more people remember him for his asia cup final 6 rather than the fastest 100 which was ages ago.

The afridi hype has pretty much ended imo. Most people I've talked to irl about cricket recognize him as a good cricketer but he is memed alot for his 3 ball stays. I reckon more people remember him for his asia cup final 6 rather than the fastest 100 which was ages ago.
The casuals view him as a good player who could change the dyamnic of the game on his day and a decent bowler.

No one thinks he's an atg.

Mark my words and bookmark this comment for when this happens.

NZ have sent their ultimate D string against us, And Babar and rizwan will capitalise obviously.

As soon as this happens, his cult members will rush to attack me @Rana @topspin @CerebralPatriot and anyone else who speaks the truth.

Guarantee this will happen, as this happened in the world cup, where people were nonstop tagging me, sultan and rana on how rizwan is the sher and cheetah.

Once the cup comes, more excuses and more drama bazi will happen, excuses such as out of form, pitch difficulty, bad bowling, Injury, Unfitness or rizzu having side screen issues etc etc will come in heaps, the moment the super 8's happen.

Not my fault people first Learn the hard way, then get amnesia and start blind support, only to get butchered again.

Also my prediction is Pakistan won't even win 5-0 against this d string team, they'll win 4-1 or 3-2 lol 😂.

NZ have sent their ultimate D string against us, And Babar and rizwan will capitalise obviously.

As soon as this happens, his cult members will rush to attack me @Rana @topspin @CerebralPatriot and anyone else who speaks the truth.

Guarantee this will happen, as this happened in the world cup, where people were nonstop tagging me, sultan and rana on how rizwan is the sher and cheetah.

Once the cup comes, more excuses and more drama bazi will happen, excuses such as out of form, pitch difficulty, bad bowling, Injury, Unfitness or rizzu having side screen issues etc etc will come in heaps, the moment the super 8's happen.

Not my fault people first Learn the hard way, then get amnesia and start blind support, only to get butchered again.

Also my prediction is Pakistan won't even win 5-0 against this d string team, they'll win 4-1 or 3-2 lol 😂.
Bro they have Bracewell, Allen, Chapman and Siefert

If Babar thinks 180 scores are Safe with his tuk tuk, he is in for a shocker. Those 4 players IMO are better white ball players than 99% of the Pakistan

Bro they have Bracewell, Allen, Chapman and Siefert

If Babar thinks 180 scores are Safe with his tuk tuk, he is in for a shocker. Those 4 players IMO are better white ball players than 99% of the Pakistan
Tbf besides chapman and allen I don't know any of the other faces, which is why I claimed what I did.

But if you're saying these players are good then I retract what I said about my prediction. But sodhi is their 😭😭.

Tbf besides chapman and allen I don't know any of the other faces, which is why I claimed what I did.

But if you're saying these players are good then I retract what I said about my prediction. But sodhi is their 😭😭.
Bracewell is a great player and owns Babar as a bowler

BTW the amnesia comment isn't a troll or an insult even, it's ironically a fact.

I remember past comments about how we're no 1 and the they cannot play him memes, when thakur was getting tossed around by Nepal, it was Pakistan would have an easy time, and then India vs Pakistan happened lol.

Even with psl, imad just won 3 psl games in a row, 3 of the most important psl games, as soon as this happened, many posters like major and pakengfan accepted it bit only for a single day.

Literally 2 days later, it's back to imad is the worst and nawaz and shadab on current form are 100x better 😂.

Kamal.

Bracewell is a great player and owns Babar as a bowler
We'll see, my prediction for now is still 3-2. But if Pakistan does fail, it'll just prove my point even more.

If we're struggling against b to c string then Allah khair.

Like I have said previously, history will always prove us right

Let them stat pad as much as they want, when it comes to the big stage they will be exposed as they have been for the last 3 years.

My only hope is with the current rage inside Pakistan regarding Babar's captaincy, maybe just maybe this tournament will be what it takes to finally move forward and bring back the leader we deserve

Like I have said previously, history will always prove us right

Let them stat pad as much as they want, when it comes to the big stage they will be exposed as they have been for the last 3 years.

My only hope is with the current rage inside Pakistan regarding Babar's captaincy, maybe just maybe this tournament will be what it takes to finally move forward and bring back the leader we deserve
Tbf sarfraz is old now, so I think he's done, but the idea shpuld be to bring back the 2017 vibes.

2017 had

A) A gelled team, with everyone playing for the crest on their chest

B) A great leader

C) Zero nepotism or political drama or tiktok nonsense.

D) Clear understanding of everyone's goals and positions.

E) Merit based selection as everyone was in the team on merit via being psl superstars.

In contrast our 2023 team had

A) A captain who didn't know how to lead.

B) A non gelled team that was mostly fighting for positions

C) insane nepotism, Rizwan demanding positions, Shadab and nawaz not being axed after asia cup due to favouritism, haris, Abrar being given the reserve boot.

D) Non merit based selection obv

E) No clear understanding of everyone's goals, Saud was not a no 5, Rizwan was not a no 4, Imam and Abdullah made no sense as an odi opening combo, hasan ali's role as a bowler was unclear, Haris rauf's role was unclear, os he a death bowler? Or a middle overs bowler? Sometimes he came in the first 10 overs. Shadab and nawaz goals were unclear same with usama, are they full time spinners? Or genuine allrounders? List goes on and on

Tbf sarfraz is old now, so I think he's done, but the idea shpuld be to bring back the 2017 vibes.

2017 had

A) A gelled team, with everyone playing for the crest on their chest

B) A great leader

C) Zero nepotism or political drama or tiktok nonsense.

D) Clear understanding of everyone's goals and positions.

E) Merit based selection as everyone was in the team on merit via being psl superstars.

In contrast our 2023 team had

A) A captain who didn't know how to lead.

B) A non gelled team that was mostly fighting for positions

C) insane nepotism, Rizwan demanding positions, Shadab and nawaz not being axed after asia cup due to favouritism, haris, Abrar being given the reserve boot.

D) Non merit based selection obv

E) No clear understanding of everyone's goals, Saud was not a no 5, Rizwan was not a no 4, Imam and Abdullah made no sense as an odi opening combo, hasan ali's role as a bowler was unclear, Haris rauf's role was unclear, os he a death bowler? Or a middle overs bowler? Sometimes he came in the first 10 overs. Shadab and nawaz goals were unclear same with usama, are they full time spinners? Or genuine allrounders? List goes on and on
Oh and one more thing, fitness as well.

The whole team ended up gaining weight under babar's captaincy? Now that he's back as a captain, with the exception of rizwan and the utmost fit people, expect the whole team to reach azam Khan level standards of fitness

Yeah these lads Chapman and Allen are going to win one game each for their side. Gun players
Champman ik, he humiliated Rizwan's 98 so badly 😂😂. All rizzu needed to do was let imad hit, imad had already hit 2 boundaries back to back, why take the single 😭, we know rizwan can't finish the innings, he was never gonna get a 100 lol.

Well we did invest in players like rizwan and what did that get us

This is the legacy Babar and rizwan will leave behind whereas Sarfraz no matter what happens next in his career, will be remembered as the lion who snatched 2 ICC trophies from the clutches of India

Yes cricket is not a team game thanks for letting us know. Rizwan is already our greatest wk of all time leaving the Karachi wks in dust. RIZWAN HAS REPLACED SARFRAZ IN ALL FORMATS AND HIS PERFORMANCE IS BETTER THAN HIM IN ALL FORMATS.

According to childish logic sarfraz is a better than abd because he won an ICC trophy and who on earth even cares about an u19 trophy?

Back