[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Babar Azam re-appointed as Pakistan white-ball captain

Is it the right decision to re-appoint Babar Azam as white-ball captain?

• Total voters
The only great we have had since the Qaid is Babar Azam.

Happy for him to lead us to the World Cup, this team has been closer than close to be broken.

Babar is also improving very much as a captain, it was premature to remove him.

With him as captain we can give 10 other spots in the team on merit.

What you claimed is entirely hypothetical.

We don't know the what's and ifs of anything so we can't claim of if X player was missing, i don't think we would have won or I think we would have.

The fact, I REPEAT FACT, is that in a final Amir was their, plain and simple.

Cricket is a team game, ans the main players of ct 2017 that deserve credit are Fakhar, Amir and hafeez.

Everyone else played a support role which includes hasan Ali, Shadab and even babar, Malik and Imad for their run contribution.

But the main factors were Fakhar and amir.

Fakhar, Amir have been Pakistan's Match winners for the past decade. Babar has not, Their is nothing wrong with claiming that.

Just like theirs nothing wrong with claiming that although Bobby is a good player HE IS NOT WORLD CLASS, since everyone compares him to international standards, every top team has 3 to 4 batsmen superior to babar.

Similarly theirs nothing with claiming that FAKHAR AT HIS ABSOLUTE BEST is 500x the batsmen that BABAR is at his ABDOLUTE BEST.

babar at his absolute worst is better then fakhar at his absolute worse though, that much I'll agree on, and he's more consistent then Fakhar.
I am not arguing with what you said, I am just saying Junaid needs to be given credit as well. Pak team's fortunes turned a corner once he was brought back in the team ahead of Wahab Riaz. Cricket is a team game. Pak won the semi without Amir, won the final with Amir. Only God knows what could have been had Amir not played the final but that shouldn't discredit the performance of other 10 players (out of which 6-7 did very well). Even Azhar Ali played a gem of an inning in the final by shielding Fakhar earlier on and taking on Indian bowlers (in his own way)

I am not arguing with what you said, I am just saying Junaid needs to be given credit as well. Pak team's fortunes turned a corner once he was brought back in the team ahead of Wahab Riaz. Cricket is a team game. Pak won the semi without Amir, won the final with Amir. Only God knows what could have been had Amir not played the final but that shouldn't discredit the performance of other 10 players (out of which 6-7 did very well). Even Azhar Ali played a gem of an inning in the final by shielding Fakhar earlier on and taking on Indian bowlers (in his own way)
Azhar Ali deserves credit as well, so does junaid Khan, I agree.

I'll give you an example

Major: Imran Khan and Sarfraz winning 1992 and 2017 were the biggest flukes of all time, but no one cares because its an icc cup victory.

Also Major

Major: Misbah was the greatest captain: Bro the last time we reached a world cup knockout stage was under misbah.

Umm you realise quarterfinals use to exist back then? And put competition was India, Pakistan, west indies, South Africa and minnows 💀💀, even then we made it only due to sarfraz.

In hindsight sarfraz coming 5th is superior to misbah reaching quarterfinals due to guess who: Sarfraz.

I highly doubt these people would be claiming fluke if misbah was the winner of ct 2017 lol.

Absolutely. Also if it wasn’t for the rain against Sri Lanka, I would fancy that Pakistan team to beat Sri Lanka and make it into the Semi-Finals.

This is the problem with cult followers, they will try to spin things in a certain way to deceive others.

I didn't like Shaheen's appointment in the first and said as much. Not because I don't think he's a good captain but due to workload issues and how he wouldn't get any rest at that point but I find it quite baffling that after you remove a long standing captain and look to change direction after so much turmoil from the WC, it only takes one series before the decision is completely reversed. I just think that's a poor look and anytime you take the decision to appoint a new captain, you have to give him time before the change.

I don't understand why Babar is opting to take the captaincy back anyways. His game was finally rounding to form after giving it up and after the board threw him under the bus and tried to oust him, I don't get why he would want to captain again. Maybe its a legacy thing and how much a WC win would change how Babar is remembered but that 23' WC will always be a black mark on his legacy.

My only hope is we don't get back to nonsense that is RizBar opening partnership and I hope Babar understands how well him & Saim work together as an opening pair and we start to see this as the opening partnership going forward.

The only great we have had since the Qaid is Babar Azam.

Happy for him to lead us to the World Cup, this team has been closer than close to be broken.

Babar is also improving very much as a captain, it was premature to remove him.

With him as captain we can give 10 other spots in the team on merit.
Do YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND how insulting this is?

One person under TUBERCULOSIS, fought an 2 entire empires Hindu and British to establish pur freedom and in a single year, I repeat in a single year achieved a stable economy, our own currency, established a universal language created school systems, established a proper governmental hierarchy and created a stable nation, nation which use to be stable but fell apart as soon as he passed away.

He did ALL OF THIS IN A SINGLE YEAR

Do you have any idea how insulting the statement you've made is on putting babar's name next to him?

Do YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND how insulting this is?

One person under TUBERCULOSIS, fought an 2 entire empires Hindu and British to establish pur freedom and in a single year, I repeat in a single year achieved a stable economy, our own currency, established a universal language created school systems, established a proper governmental hierarchy and created a stable nation, nation which use to be stable but fell apart as soon as he passed away.

He did ALL OF THIS IN A SINGLE YEAR

Do you have any idea how insulting the statement you've made is on putting babar's name next to him?
@Maher96

Whats next? You gonna compare babar to the founding figures of religion? Gengis Khan? Alexander the Great? Why not compare him to Adam the father of humanity?

Next comment we'll be hearing is how Babar azam sacrificed his left rib to give form to Rizwan.

I think Babar is going to be the Shahid Afridi of this generation. Expect at least another 3-4 captaincy U Turns until his "retirement" (which itself will have 2-3 Uturns). :))

I think Babar is going to be the Shahid Afridi of this generation. Expect at least another 3-4 captaincy U Turns until his "retirement" (which itself will have 2-3 Uturns). :))
Shahid Afridi was a match winner. Babar is a statpadder.

I completely agree that he’s always tried to be a contrarian, as we’ve witnessed over the years here in relation to various cricketing discussions.

At first I suspected he was trolling but I’ve never seen him do a U-turn to such an extreme in such a short period of time (under 6 months), which is why it doesn’t make sense to me. It’s about reading between the lines and seeing the difference in tone.

Rana, Dr Bassim and I have been here long enough to suspect when something doesn’t feel quite right and even by Mamoon’s standards, we can clearly see that it’s completely out of character.

Also as I’ve stated before, Mamoon has provided specific details before the reappointment of Babar was made.

I find the following statement to be of interest:

The key words here are “people don’t know this”.

All I’m going to say is bro, it’s all very sus. There’s something going on which we’ll never know about.
You make some good points especially that brand endorsement statement since before PSL babar’s brand was in downfall mode and only someone with internal know how could make such a prediction. I dont know what to even say. Hmm.

The one thing you can say about Pakistan cricket... it definitely isn't boring!

I don't know what's more entertaining the PCB bringing Babar back as captain considering his well-documented failures last time or the absolute insane overreaction on this forum! 😂

Oh sorry I didn’t realise you were that emotionally invested. I guess your head is stuck in the rear end of his.

Your friend has been caught in 4K bashing Babar and calling him selfish.

Only reason I'm invested is because you guys spam your conspiracy theories. The latest one being that mamoon has connections with Zalmi hence why he's now supporting Babar. That's slandering, and you have no evidence of this.

And who's stuck where, you guys just keep repeating nonsense Iike this and giving each other support on how you're so right. It's a continuous trend. I've had my differences with @Mamoon especially about him supporting India over Pak. He obviously doesn't need mine or anyone else's support as he's capable of handling you guys on his own but just the fact that he's come out against your constant bashing should be an eye opener for you guys.

In case you’ve been oblivious after all this time, your buddy drove out 3 of Babar’s biggest fans on here because he was so harsh and severe with his criticism of their hero.

He's not my buddy but does have my full support for his latest cause. And if people can't debate with him on merit that's not his fault.
If you’re going to be a delicate soul and have a problem with my opinion of your beloved Babar, at least have the courage to quote me and convince me why I’m wrong. However, the problem is you always go running anyway when you’re faced with difficult questions because you’re simply incapable of acknowledging any criticism that’s made towards your favourites, Misbah/Babar/Rizwan because you’re a cult follower.

I don't shy away from any argument. I'll reply if I see merit in your posts but if you keep beating the same dead horse than no point. There's more important things in life than repeating the same arguments on an online forum. You know my stance on Misbah and I know yours and we both know that we're not gonna change each other's mind on it so what's the point? And if I haven't replied to any particular post that you're awaiting an answer to, just tag me. I'll respond accordingly.
We’ve established that you’re not sincere. If you were, you wouldn’t be suggesting for Babar to bat in a super over because “he can hit six fours”.

I’m sorry if this offends you but I have no interest in joining your cult.

Doesn't offend me at all. You haven't offered any counter arguments to the super over argument aside from laughing at the suggestion. Babar hits the most boundaries from all our batters and in the history of our super overs we have never been able to hit a six. This is a fact, nothing to dispute. You can laugh at it but do realize that it's a reality we have faced. We lost a super over to Zimbabwe and only made 2 runs with our power hitters. If you have other solutions to this problem than kindly present those.
This is rich coming from someone who made a snide remark in the POTW thread yesterday.

Also, I remember you very well slandering Wasim Akram by bringing up a personal matter, connected to his family. This is all because you got so triggered about him calling Babar Azam “selfish”. Simon Doull and Imad have also called him out for being extremely self centred. They can’t all be wrong, especially if one of them has no skin in the game.

I suggest looking in the mirror before telling others to look inwards.

It wasn't your POTW so why are you getting offended about it? Again who's stuck where? I've clarified my stance to the particular poster and admitted that my remark was rightfully deleted.

So I made a comment about Wasim Akram because he doesn't have any intentions to help Pakistan cricket even though he can. Was just trying to prove Wasim's double standards on how he can call someone else selfish when he himself is. We discuss Pakistan cricket here that's what this forum is about.

Imad Wasim had an agenda, Simon Doull won new fans like you. You only want to hear and get validation on what you think is right, other opinions don't matter.

Shaheen Shah Afridi: “It was an absolute honour to captain the Pakistan National Cricket Team. I will always cherish the memories and the opportunity. As a team player, it is my duty to back our captain, Babar Azam. I have played under his captaincy and have nothing but respect for him. I will try to help him on and off the field. We are all one. Our aim is the same, to help Pakistan become the best team in the world.”

Babar Azam, with his proven leadership skills and remarkable consistency, is well-equipped to lead the team. His past captaincy record speaks for itself. Under his leadership, Pakistan beat India for the first time in a World Cup encounter back in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021. In the 2022 T20 World Cup, he led the team to the final. This was Pakistan’s first final in a World Cup since 2009. His appointment as captain reflects PCB’s confidence in his ability to inspire and unite the team towards success.

Babar Azam: “It was a pleasure to play under Shaheen’s leadership in the recent T20I series. He is still young and is improving as a player and as a leader every day. As a captain, I have always valued his input and I will keep consulting him for important decisions going forward. We must take advantage of his strategic understanding of the game. Our joint aim is to make this team the best in the world.”

The Pakistan Cricket Board is very thankful to Shaheen Afridi for his contributions as captain and looks forward to his success on the field. He will be part of Pakistan’s core leadership group. We give our unequivocal support to both Babar Azam and Shaheen Afridi as they embark on their respective roles, aiming to make Pakistan a top team in the world of cricket.

Looks like a ChatGPT output.

To be completly honest, that reminds me, I don't think anyone of us have ever attacked a player directly past their play on cricket or cricket based politics.

We've never made fun of rizwan's or Babar's or Misbah's family, or ever gotten personal. Babar has a mother and father and uncle but we would never make fun of them or get so personal.

Nice way to exaggerate what I said but I didn't make fun of his family. I just gave my perspective due to my Canadian connection just like you do on players due to your Australian connection. If you didn't like it, that's fine. Although I think I hit a nerve because you guys can't hear anything against your heroes as well.

Plus you guys go on about Saya Corp. That's also personal business of the players you love to bash.

I have a feeling Babar and his team went into overdrive to become captain once his batting position got changed. He probably saw what happens when he doesn't have power and didn't like it.

It might not be the only reason but it's a likely catalyst.

Now he will get to do as he pleases again.

Nothing is more embarrassing and disgraceful than a 35 year old with an average of 28 after 66 innings becoming the Test captain. @topspin
Imad is an all rounder not a batsman, Babar is a batsman not an allrounder. So comparing Babar with Imad is like Wasim with Imam.

Nice way to exaggerate what I said but I didn't make fun of his family. I just gave my perspective due to my Canadian connection just like you do on players due to your Australian connection. If you didn't like it, that's fine. Although I think I hit a nerve because you guys can't hear anything against your heroes as well.

Plus you guys go on about Saya Corp. That's also personal business of the players you love to bash.
I'm not talking specifically about you. I don't know what you said, I didn't read that comment or know where it is.

Look bro, let me explain something. Neither you or I are saints. We're humans, and it's in our nature to fight and argue.

I've said things I regret 100%, I called someone on here old and stupid 5 months back which I deeply regret, I also make troll comments to some people, and although I have my reasons, I do regret it. But ik for a fact I'll probs Do it again in the heat of the moment. We all will.

It's Human nature for us to fight, argue, but also forgive and move on. You are not a Saint, and neither am I, neither is topspin who you have claimed he's my bf lol. We aren't monks XD.

But here's my question to you (Ik you specifically havent done so but the guy you're supporting and people ONLY FROM THIS BABAR CULT HAVE)

Don't you think when you bring up Mommies and Daddies like heddie did to insult me one time, or bring up child murder for Palestine or once again like your buddy who you pinged claimed THAT EVERY SINGLE PAKISTANI LIVING IN OTHER COUNTRIES IS A 2ND CLASS CITIZEN (Like bro the 2 most succesful pakistani's of all time shahid Khan and Amir pervez are Us and British citizens, their multi billionaires and especially in Amir pervez's case he built a platform for UK pakistani's to get rich, even built an entire city for them, palistani's like James caan benefited, they've done more then you and I ever will and mamoon is calling these people 2nd class?)

Again don't you think Mommies, Daddies, Palestine, 2nd class citizens etc is pushing it WAY TOO FAR? Especially when the people you ping claim it 24/7.

The bullying culture is 100% endorsed by you guys. We're the lesser of the 2 evil, we draw the line on it.

Also as for you, I remember the comment you made, their wasn't any misunderstanding but go on and keep denying it and defending your buddies. In my case I'm not denying anything, I'm not oerfect nor will I ever be, but I draw the line which you people do not know how to do.

Us claiming saya is the worst thing to happen to Pakistan cricket is NOT the same as claiming Babar father is a failure. Big big difference.

Edit: At the start I said I didn't read the comment because I forgot, I remembered the statement you made while writing it down, so no I didn't contradict, I just forgot initially.

Look bro, let me explain something. Neither you or I are saints. We're humans, and it's in our nature to fight and argue.

I've said things I regret 100%, I called someone on here old and stupid 5 months back which I deeply regret, I also make troll comments to some people, and although I have my reasons, I do regret it. But ik for a fact I'll probs Do it again in the heat of the moment. We all will.

It's Human nature for us to fight, argue, but also forgive and move on. You are not a Saint, and neither am I, neither is topspin who you have claimed he's my bf lol. We aren't monks XD.

I know bro, I 100% agree with this and often back out because I don't want to say something I will regret later.

And bf could mean best friend 😏. You've once called me worse like a slime and a rat but you apologized and I have never brought it up again.

I agree it's human nature to argue and in the heat of the moment we sometimes tend to take things too far. Just so you know I don't mean to insult you or anyone.

As they say 'Every saint has a past, every sinner a future' - if I've been too harsh please forgive me. I'm not one to hold grudges and can move on fairly quickly.

But here's my question to you (Ik you specifically havent done so but the guy you're supporting and people ONLY FROM THIS BABAR CULT HAVE)

Don't you think when you bring up Mommies and Daddies like heddie did to insult me one time, or bring up child murder for Palestine or once again like your buddy who you pinged claimed THAT EVERY SINGLE PAKISTANI LIVING IN OTHER COUNTRIES IS A 2ND CLASS CITIZEN (Like bro the 2 most succesful pakistani's of all time shahid Khan and Amir pervez are Us and British citizens, their multi billionaires and especially in Amir pervez's case he built a platform for UK pakistani's to get rich, even built an entire city for them, palistani's like James caan benefited, they've done more then you and I ever will and mamoon is calling these people 2nd class?)

Again don't you think Mommies, Daddies, Palestine, 2nd class citizens etc is pushing it WAY TOO FAR? Especially when the people you ping claim it 24/7.

The bullying culture is 100% endorsed by you guys. We're the lesser of the 2 evil, we draw the line on it.

I don't recall such comments from other posters, maybe they got deleted before I had a read. Anyways I don't endorse such behaviour. I'm an overseas Pakistani too and believe me I have more in common with you and topspin than Mamoon (I.e. liking anime, playing video games, following western sports etc.). I would not tolerate such a comment towards me or others of the diaspora.

My only concern is the constant bashing of Babar, Rizwan and Misbah and I try to stick to cricketing arguments for those.

Also as for you, I remember the comment you made, their wasn't any misunderstanding but go on and keep denying it and defending your buddies. In my case I'm not denying anything, I'm not oerfect nor will I ever be, but I draw the line which you people do not know how to do.

Us claiming saya is the worst thing to happen to Pakistan cricket is NOT the same as claiming Babar father is a failure. Big big difference.

Which comment are you talking about? I did not say anything about Babar's father

I know bro, I 100% agree with this and often back out because I don't want to say something I will regret later.

And bf could mean best friend 😏. You've once called me worse like a slime and a rat but you apologized and I have never brought it up again.

I agree it's human nature to argue and in the heat of the moment we sometimes tend to take things too far. Just so you know I don't mean to insult you or anyone.

As they say 'Every saint has a past, every sinner a future' - if I've been too harsh please forgive me. I'm not one to hold grudges and can move on fairly quickly.

I don't recall such comments from other posters, maybe they got deleted before I had a read. Anyways I don't endorse such behaviour. I'm an overseas Pakistani too and believe me I have more in common with you and topspin than Mamoon (I.e. liking anime, playing video games, following western sports etc.). I would not tolerate such a comment towards me or others of the diaspora.

My only concern is the constant bashing of Babar, Rizwan and Misbah and I try to stick to cricketing arguments for those.

Which comment are you talking about? I did not say anything about Babar's father
I think it was the waqar or wasim comment, the babar father was an example lol.

Regardless its fine, also Holy crap you're an anime and video game lover 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥.

Cheetah bro, respect Level over 9000.

I've been watching anime since I was 5 XD. Its what made me go into the animation industry. And yes while I don't work for an anime company, I work for a marketing company where we do use animation in production so it's close enough.

It has always been a huge huge passion of mine. As for video games, I enjoy em too.

The comments that you're talking about were made by Heddie towards me, but yeah their deleted now. Other comments about 2kd class citizen by Mamoon.

its funny how these 3 gang up on posters and spam every thread. it has become really boring

Than they go on to high five each other
Okay bro. I have respect for you, but their has never been any ganging up.

Edit: FYI I remember when rizwan made his 131 and you guys flexed left and right 💀, as they say SHER KO TO ANE DO.

I have a feeling Babar and his team went into overdrive to become captain once his batting position got changed. He probably saw what happens when he doesn't have power and didn't like it.

It might not be the only reason but it's a likely catalyst.

Now he will get to do as he pleases again.
Why do you think that?

He did reasonably well at 3.

Why do you think that?

He did reasonably well at 3.

It came straight from the team manager's mouth. Like Hafeez said, Babar took months to convince and felt he was better as an opener.

To double down on this as captain he then became the opener for Peshawar instead of practicing at the #3 slot and put Haris in that position.

Their is nothing wrong with claiming Amir is a superior match winner to Bobby. Amir's spells have resulted in 2 icc victories

The 2017 bowling spell dismantled India to the point that the needed to rely on the middle order to compete, The pressure of losing dhawan, Rohit and kohli early in a final stage is huge as 2 of them are ATG's and the other has an amazing ct record.

None of us live on cloud 9, no one claimed babar is a bad player. You can handle criticism about him that's all. Nothing wrong in claiming that babar is not WORLD CLASS by any means especially when you compare him to people like maxwell, rachin etc etc which 100+ users on this forumn have done
I see you couldn’t provide a single game which Imad Wasim won for Pakistan, so you went on a rant about Amir (who I didn’t mention) and something about Babar being world-class.

Babar can be average, world-class or bad, that’s up to you and is your opinion. But if you have a opinion about a pathetic loser like Imad Wasim being ‘match-winner’ with no international cricket pedigree, then your words have no value.

I see you couldn’t provide a single game which Imad Wasim won for Pakistan, so you went on a rant about Amir (who I didn’t mention) and something about Babar being world-class.

Babar can be average, world-class or bad, that’s up to you and is your opinion. But if you have a opinion about a pathetic loser like Imad Wasim being ‘match-winner’ with no international cricket pedigree, then your words have no value.
But I never claimed Imad waseem was a match winner?

I said he's won games for Pakistan as a team but he's not a genuine match winner?

I've made my stance clear that

A) Imad and Babar are not a comparison, One is an allrounder and the other is a top order bat.

B) Imad fills his role more then babar.

C) I'd rather have imad > Nawaz.

All babar vs imad talks of mine were either political or Mamoon brought babar babar up 24/7.

Also bro, No opinions have any value, their value depends on the person I'm talking to. You claiming they have no value to you doesn't mean they won't have value to others. Only facts are universally valuable Lol.

Tweets by a reporter on Twitter summarizing the chain of events

So how did it happen?
When PSL started, a franchise management started lobbying and meeting PCB Officials.
Mohsin Naqvi had left the decision of captaincy on Selection Committee, they raised the matter of replacing Shaheen or retaining him and a vote happened subsequently.

Babar's name got the most votes in the meetings of committee. This all happened on 27th and 28th March, Naqvi himself met selection committee on 28th and he also met Babar Azam on same day to tell him he will be the captain as suggested by Selection Committee. 1 member leaked the

news to the media too.
PCB cares a lot about optics so they delayed the matter for 3 days and planted news of selectors convincing Babar when he had already met Naqvi.
How did Babar win the vote?
As you can see in photo, 3 cricketers were the main stakeholders of the committee.
Yousaf, Wahab and Abdul Razzaq, 1 of them was an employee of PZ, second one was ex captain of PZ, acc to sources both Wahab and Yousaf were the main supporters of Babar coming back. Babar didn't win unanimously, some people voted against him but they lost i don't know yet who.
All the info i have tweeted above is verified and credible by trusted sources but from here i am adding my speculations,i don't know who voted for whom, remaining members were Razzaq, Asad, Wahla, Bilal and Cheema. Atleast 2 of them were on right side of history so salute to them
It was pretty easy for Shahid Afridi to influence this committee but he didn't call his colleagues to get a favor. Model Town Mafia has always been strong in Pak Cricket, this was just another win of same lobby kicking out an outsider by joining hands. Well played Babar Saab.

But I never claimed Imad waseem was a match winner?

I said he's won games for Pakistan as a team but he's not a genuine match winner?

I've made my stance clear that

A) Imad and Babar are not a comparison, One is an allrounder and the other is a top order bat.

B) Imad fills his role more then babar.

C) I'd rather have imad > Nawaz.

All babar vs imad talks of mine were either political or Mamoon brought babar babar up 24/7.

Also bro, No opinions have any value, their value depends on the person I'm talking to. You claiming they have no value to you doesn't mean they won't have value to others. Only facts are universally valuable Lol.
There is nothing good you can say about Imad Wasim when it comes to international cricket and expect to be taken seriously.

Imad fills his role better than Babar? What kind of role is it where you are routinely rubbish, and all his fans have is ‘but but but his economy rate…’ to hold on to.

Imad is a fraud, who has made enough noise that naive people like you now think he is of some use at international level. When he is as bad as Nawaz, maybe even worse.

After all that, his ‘fans’ criticize Babar who is undoubtedly the best batsman playing for our country right now.

There is nothing good you can say about Imad Wasim when it comes to international cricket and expect to be taken seriously.

Imad fills his role better than Babar? What kind of role is it where you are routinely rubbish, and all his fans have is ‘but but but his economy rate…’ to hold on to.

Imad is a fraud, who has made enough noise that naive people like you now think he is of some use at international level. When he is as bad as Nawaz, maybe even worse.

After all that, his ‘fans’ criticize Babar who is undoubtedly the best batsman playing for our country right now.
Imad fills his role better because he's 100x the batter nawaz is and bowler too. Nawaz in asia cup and world cup was so bad, only Joe root bowled worse lol. In batting he'd been a consistent failure.

Imad outperformed him in the NZ series, in t20 imad had better performances and finished the game alot better when he and rizwan were batting, whereas nawaz in batting consistently failed against minnow bowling.

Secondly he was the best no 5 in psl, he proved that 3x in clutch games. I'm sorry to break it to you but these are facts, all you have is one game for nawaz against India, even then you're forgetting how badly nawaz messed up against sa and india where he lost games. Trust me their isn't any one better at the lower order then him atm, if their was we'd find one on psl, and no saim does not count as saim is an opener lol.

Also if you can kindly stop being hostile, thanks and listen to my viewpoint you'll realise its not a hate speech just because I don't see eye to eye with you.

Babar doesn't fulfil his role properly IN T20, KEY WORDS T20, I've advocated multiple times for him to be our no 3 in odi, but for some reason this gets ignored and people attack me as a Bobby hater for not wanting him in t20.

In t20 unless the opposition is c string where Bobby can tonk 100's, he's useless otherwise. A t20 openers job is to utilise the powerplay and give a solid start in the first 6 overs WHICH BABAR DOES NOT DO.

at no 3 in t20 we've yet to see how he performs but now with him being captain again it's unlikely he'll stay at no 3 and will want to open.

Babar has always been milestone obsessed, he'll want opening as it's the easiest position to get your milestone in.

Even a hard core Babar fan cannot deny Babar is milestone obsessed and has slowed down countless times for his 50 or 100.

Looks like our Bobby has a lot of pressure now on his not-so-broad shoulders.

I am not bothered about this decision, and we're not going to see Babar vs Shaheen groupings simply because Shaheen is a likeable team-player. In the same mould as Rizwan who has actually been robbed in daylight from the captaincy.

Babar has to take some correct strategic decisions now.

1. Get Imad and Aamir into the squad and the XI for the NZ series. Get along with them.
2. Keep the personal opening bias aside and bat at No.3.
3. Try different openers with Saim throughout the series. Let Rizwan bat at No. 4.
4. Do not over-play Naseem and Shaheen, and let them rest for at least 3 matches.
5. Be a better captain than his first tenure which was very poor.

To be honest Babar has played his cards better than most people here.

He has quietly sneaked into the captaincy position again despite no evidence that he has improved over his previous 4 year stint. In any corporation, if you are going to be rewarded or re-instated, there should be definite evidence that you have either taken leadership courses or made an improvement from the baseline which led you to being removed as captain.

Babar has shown no such evidence, which leads us to suspect that he was politically fast tracked into a leadership position with strong guarantees that he will be allowed to run his own brand and his own team without much interference from outside. This could mean him opening again or ignoring players like Amir and Imad which could make things uncomfortable for him. He has got blanket authority to rubber stamp his own pedigree on the team.

He has also developed a fan following that basically considers his every word a religious document. If he were to say that the sun rises from the west, they would probably rush to defend him and say he was misquoted or misrepresnted. His fans accept no criticism or no constructive feedback and want everyone to toe the line of "Babar is world class and everyone should say yes to this statement".

One of the biggest trumps Babar has up his sleeve is that the new captain Shaheen wasnt given enough chances as captain, neither is Masood capable of holding his place as Test Captain because of multiple reasons.

How do you compare Babar to someone new when they are not in captaincy positions long enough to differentiate whether Babar was a questionable captain or not? Since you cant compare, you are forced to assume that Babar cant all be that bad because the alternative Shaheen is too raw and Masood is too poor etc.

And he kept the biggest ace in his hand. In the likely eventuality that the team flops in the World Cup, the same cult followers already admit that Pakistan isnt the winning the Cup. So Babar being captain and failing will just be another day in the office for many. He will not be accountable for his failures because of the assumption that team is mediocre anyways.

This is a strong victory for Babar at a time when Pakistan cricket needed to move away from selfish people like him and Rizwan who only consider their personal averages and were never interested in Pakistan winning.

The last person to exercise this much dominance in Pakistan political scenario was Imran Khan. At least Imran's saving grace was his captaincy and some bowling skills that managed to help him keep being crowd favorite.

No accountability, captaincy and indiscriminate control of team squads has given Babar the impetus to be the most powerful cricketer in Pakistan.

A sad day, if you are a Pakistan cricket fan but a wonderful day if you are just a Babar fan.

To be honest Babar has played his cards better than most people here.

He has quietly sneaked into the captaincy position again despite no evidence that he has improved over his previous 4 year stint. In any corporation, if you are going to be rewarded or re-instated, there should be definite evidence that you have either taken leadership courses or made an improvement from the baseline which led you to being removed as captain.

Babar has shown no such evidence, which leads us to suspect that he was politically fast tracked into a leadership position with strong guarantees that he will be allowed to run his own brand and his own team without much interference from outside. This could mean him opening again or ignoring players like Amir and Imad which could make things uncomfortable for him. He has got blanket authority to rubber stamp his own pedigree on the team.

He has also developed a fan following that basically considers his every word a religious document. If he were to say that the sun rises from the west, they would probably rush to defend him and say he was misquoted or misrepresnted. His fans accept no criticism or no constructive feedback and want everyone to toe the line of "Babar is world class and everyone should say yes to this statement".

One of the biggest trumps Babar has up his sleeve is that the new captain Shaheen wasnt given enough chances as captain, neither is Masood capable of holding his place as Test Captain because of multiple reasons.

How do you compare Babar to someone new when they are not in captaincy positions long enough to differentiate whether Babar was a questionable captain or not? Since you cant compare, you are forced to assume that Babar cant all be that bad because the alternative Shaheen is too raw and Masood is too poor etc.

And he kept the biggest ace in his hand. In the likely eventuality that the team flops in the World Cup, the same cult followers already admit that Pakistan isnt the winning the Cup. So Babar being captain and failing will just be another day in the office for many. He will not be accountable for his failures because of the assumption that team is mediocre anyways.

This is a strong victory for Babar at a time when Pakistan cricket needed to move away from selfish people like him and Rizwan who only consider their personal averages and were never interested in Pakistan winning.

The last person to exercise this much dominance in Pakistan political scenario was Imran Khan. At least Imran's saving grace was his captaincy and some bowling skills that managed to help him keep being crowd favorite.

No accountability, captaincy and indiscriminate control of team squads has given Babar the impetus to be the most powerful cricketer in Pakistan.

A sad day, if you are a Pakistan cricket fan but a wonderful day if you are just a Babar fan.
I have a theory, but I'm not 100% sure.

My guess is shan and shaheen were appointed on purpose.

Let's be honest, we had no chance against Any of the top teams we faced after we got butchered so badly in the cup.

Their failure would allow babar to rise again.

Also literally babar's father stated to babar that he should respect his teammates and be grateful that he's reappointed and yet people are stating that what his father said is wrong 😂,

Because apparently babar is just entitled to everything lol.

Imad is an all rounder not a batsman, Babar is a batsman not an allrounder. So comparing Babar with Imad is like Wasim with Imam.
Who is a better cricketer - Wasim Akram or Imam?

dont know why the pcb did this. makes no sense from a cricketing perspective and is completely unfair. shaheen is only 2 years younger than what babar was when he first got captaincy and shaheen actually has prior captaincy experience under his belt and a fair bit of success asw. Most of all as a babar fan i am most upset about his decision to take captaincy which would do no good to him. will only bring more pressure and criticism.

Naqvi with PCB= Monkey with Lighter. The sooner they get rid of this clown the better for Pakistan team

According to you Imam because Imam scored more runs plus higher average.

Wasim akram as a bowler helped his team and fulfilled his role 100x better then imam ever could as a batsmen.

Imad waseem fulfils his role as an allrounder better then Bobby. Bobby in t20, his job as an opener is to utilise the PP and give a good start which he never does. No more Nepal or c string sa for him to Bully.

Imad on the other hand at no 5 in psl fulfilled his role far better then Bobby could. Winning 3 clutch games for his team in that position.

Wasim akram is superior to imam because wasim akram helped his team win games, and as a bowler did his job.

Does babar do a better job as an opener in t20 then imad does as a lower order allrounder? Nope.

Imad in t20 > Babar in t20 when you compare their roles.

Tbf babar in odi is superior in role fulfilment then imad in odi is. 100%.

According to you Imam because Imam scored more runs plus higher average.
Nope, it is Wasim because he was 10x the bowler that Imam is as a batsman.

Similarly, Babar is the 10x the batsman Imad is as an all-rounder.

When Babar retires he will be among the top 10 greatest Pakistani cricketers while Imad won’t even break into the top 30.

Don’t disrespect a top player like Babar by comparing him to ransoms like Imad.

Few days back we thought it would be Pandya and Shaheen at the toss, ICC was ready with posters lol. Now a repeat of last year's WC game with Rohit, Babar leading their sides.

It came straight from the team manager's mouth. Like Hafeez said, Babar took months to convince and felt he was better as an opener.

To double down on this as captain he then became the opener for Peshawar instead of practicing at the #3 slot and put Haris in that position.

I think he proved in the PSL that there is no one better to partner Saim as an opener.

If Pakistan want to dominate the powerplay phase, there is no better combination at this point in time.

Babar is like my cat. Looks and acts innocent but plays his cards very well, is cunning and ruthless when it comes to promoting self interest.

Fair play to him, never thought he had it in him to be a scheming politician. Always thought of him as a simpleton like his cousins Kamran and Umar Akmal.

You and your family is already supporting the murder of innocent children. You are complicit.

You live in Australia and Australia is a supporter of Israel, providing military equipment. I don’t think you are old enough to pay taxes but your parents do which means that your family has blood on their hands.

Don’t labor under the delusion that you are helping the Palestinians by not eating McDonald’s and showing solidarity over the Internet when your money is going into their pockets and the country that you live in is manufacturing weapons for them.

I live in Pakistan, a country that has no ties with Israel and in spite of the fact that I don’t think about what happens in Palestine and I have hesitation in eating McDonald’s, I still don’t have blood on my hands like you & @topspin and others living in the west do.

Leave Australia and come back to Pakistan if you feel so strongly about Palestine, but of course you won’t do that because talk is cheap.

I am not pro or anti Israel because I don’t have a dog in this fight, but I greatly admire the contributions of Israel to the world particularly their research & development.

If we start boycotting everything associated with Israel, we will be living in caves and like Neanderthals because every single tech equipment that you use today including your smartphone and computers have been influenced by Israel in some way, so please don’t give me lectures on morality and take a good, hard look in the mirror.

Your morality, like mine and everyone else’s, is subject to terms & conditions so there is no need for acting like a saint and criticizing others for their choices.
The Australian Centre for International Justice and the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights are calling on the government to cancel any visa issued to former Israeli Army major-general Doron Almog over his involvement in Gaza between 2001 and 2003

The Australian Government will provide an estimated $32.2 million to the Occupied Palestinian Territories in 2023-24. Australia's development cooperation and humanitarian assistance is a practical demonstration of our genuine commitment to the Palestinian people.

Australia does not recognise the State of Palestine but does support a two state solution.

From 2022 to 2023 Australia provided US$11.0 million to the Palestinian territories and US$12.9 million to United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East.

In October 2022 the Australian government under Anthony Albanese reversed the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

Very very nice try. Australia has fought arms and legs to try its best to achieve a peaceful resolution to both states and sides. The only article that goes againat aussies is that aussie people voted Pro isreal by the guardian.

The money was sent to both states in attempts to achieve a ceizefire.

Regardless what you claimed was degenerative. You should stop making these comments plain and simple rather then stating such things to seek attention.

Don't try to justify anything and don't try to claim what I have and what I do not have. You don't know me, nor do you know how much I make or what I contribute, nor do you have a right to get personal with me and bring my family into whatever nonsense you're bringing it to.

Just like Pakistan, Australia has consistently called for ceizefire in gaza, here their literally dozens upon dozens of fliers calling for a ceizefire, the difference is unlike Pakistan, Australia is putting in money to aid in an attempted ceizefire.

All the info I provided is backed by citations and proper evidence, don't bother giving me nonsense or random information on the web that'll say anything negative about Australia or falsely associate it with other Commonwealth countries.

It shows how uneducated you are in this matter lol. And don't talk about what I can pay or can't pay lol.

Babar is like my cat. Looks and acts innocent but plays his cards very well, is cunning and ruthless when it comes to promoting self interest.

Fair play to him, never thought he had it in him to be a scheming politician. Always thought of him as a simpleton like his cousins Kamran and Umar Akmal.
Actually, Babar is a very simple and innocent person who never truly understood what his worth was. It took people around him to make him realize who he was and what he could do.

@Mamoon , don't you think it was unfair to remove Shaheen after just one series? Shaheen is a guaranteed starter, has tasted success in PSL, young, good record in ICC tournaments, what was the harm in persisting with him till June? Call could have been made after that. This can shatter his confidence, make him underperform at a time when he should be your main weapon. The public spectacle of this too has done no good, making Shaheen look like a placeholder, not like Babar has the captaincy skills, track record, personality, leadership traits, street-smarts of an Imran, Border, Ranatunga, Waugh, Dhoni, Graeme Smith, Morgan or Cummins. Doing all this to accommodate a mediocre leader doesn't make sense from a cricket perspective.

You can slag off Shan Masood all you want, and I get your point about him not being an automatic starter in the XI. But it was Babar who made the decision to quit captaincy in test cricket as well, based on poor results in Asia Cup, WC, both in ODI format. Call me a skeptic if you want, but I don't think Babar wanted to lead in Australia, he was afraid of more backlash after an expected whitewash, and I am sure you'll agree a test tour to Australia is the toughest assignment for any Pak player or captain. Now that the tough tour is over, he may want to lead Pak at home against Bangladesh, WI, Eng etc, none of the upcoming assignments as brutal as a test tour to Oz, especially for a Pak skipper. This reeks of cowardice and opportunism, don't you think? He would have gained more respect had he manned up and led his team in Australia and then resigned giving his successor an easier assignment to start off with.

Enough of this personal stuff

Post if you have a view on the topic, cut out the personal insults

Nope, it is Wasim because he was 10x the bowler that Imam is as a batsman.

Similarly, Babar is the 10x the batsman Imad is as an all-rounder.

When Babar retires he will be among the top 10 greatest Pakistani cricketers while Imad won’t even break into the top 30.

Don’t disrespect a top player like Babar by comparing him to ransoms like Imad.
So as Imam 10x batsman than Wasim in ODI. I am not disrespecting anyone. If you compare Babar with other compare with Miandad, Inzi, Hanif. not with an all rounder.
Otherwise you have count how many wickets Babar got compare to Imad. Babar plays 100+ balls where Imad get 20-30 balls maximum. So its not a unwise to compare.

Actually, Babar is a very simple and innocent person who never truly understood what his worth was. It took people around him to make him realize who he was and what he could do.
Yeah that's why he was persist with Hasan, Nawaz, Imam, Shadab with their consistent failure

Babar can laugh as much as he wants right now for getting away with it at this point in time but Karma is a real. The political situation in Pakistan is always fickle and things keep changing.

Shaheen and his gang are not going to forget this episode and when they ever come to power again, they will take their revenge as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Australian Centre for International Justice and the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights are calling on the government to cancel any visa issued to former Israeli Army major-general Doron Almog over his involvement in Gaza between 2001 and 2003

The Australian Government will provide an estimated $32.2 million to the Occupied Palestinian Territories in 2023-24. Australia's development cooperation and humanitarian assistance is a practical demonstration of our genuine commitment to the Palestinian people.

Australia does not recognise the State of Palestine but does support a two state solution.

From 2022 to 2023 Australia provided US$11.0 million to the Palestinian territories and US$12.9 million to United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East.

In October 2022 the Australian government under Anthony Albanese reversed the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

Very very nice try. Australia has fought arms and legs to try its best to achieve a peaceful resolution to both states and sides. The only article that goes againat aussies is that aussie people voted Pro isreal by the guardian.

The money was sent to both states in attempts to achieve a ceizefire.

Regardless what you claimed was degenerative. You should stop making these comments plain and simple rather then stating such things to seek attention.

Don't try to justify anything and don't try to claim what I have and what I do not have. You don't know me, nor do you know how much I make or what I contribute, nor do you have a right to get personal with me and bring my family into whatever nonsense you're bringing it to.

Just like Pakistan, Australia has consistently called for ceizefire in gaza, here their literally dozens upon dozens of fliers calling for a ceizefire, the difference is unlike Pakistan, Australia is putting in money to aid in an attempted ceizefire.

All the info I provided is backed by citations and proper evidence, don't bother giving me nonsense or random information on the web that'll say anything negative about Australia or falsely associate it with other Commonwealth countries.

It shows how uneducated you are in this matter lol. And don't talk about what I can pay or can't pay lol.
There is so much misinformation in your post it is laughable.

So as Imam 10x batsman than Wasim in ODI. I am not disrespecting anyone. If you compare Babar with other compare with Miandad, Inzi, Hanif. not with an all rounder.
Otherwise you have count how many wickets Babar got compare to Imad. Babar plays 100+ balls where Imad get 20-30 balls maximum. So its not an unwise to compare.
When you compare two players with different roles, you have to look at who is better at his role. This is how you decide who is a better player between the two.

Wasim Akram is a 100x better cricketer than Imam just like McGrath is a 100x better cricketer than Shoaib Malik and Babar is a 100x better cricketer than Imad.

I can’t believe that in 2024, I have to argue that Babar is a better cricketer than Imad. The level of delusional and ignorance is staggering.

Babar can laugh as much as he wants right now for getting away with it at this point in time but Karma is real. The political situation in Pakistan is always fickle and things keep changing.

Shaheen and his gang are not going to forget this episode and when they ever come to power again, they will take their revenge as well.
Babar has already found himself on the right side of karma. Amir and Imad have been throwing mud at him for years and he never responded and now both have to play under his captaincy again.

What happened to the democratic committee? What happened to his stance of not interfering with cricketing matters and leaving the expert stuff to the experts?
So he is not even allowed to meet the players?

So he is not even allowed to meet the players?
Quite an odd time to meet players like this. Players are busy with their training. Looks as if he's out there putting out the fire started and aggravated due to the administrative decisions that he made. Not a good beginning on his part

Quite an odd time to meet players like this. Players are busy with their training. Looks as if he's out there putting out the fire started and aggravated due to the administrative decisions that he made. Not a good beginning on his part
I think the reporting was stating that he chose to make this visit after the debacle around PCB releasing a statement in Shaheen’s name without his permission.

I think he’s trying to put out a fire that got crested yesterday. Now whether he’s going to be successful, I’m not sure. I doubt he’s the one who is writing the press releases and releasing them for PCB, so maybe he went and apologized to Shaheen for what happened yesterday and said it was a mistake or something. Hard to know until we get more reporting or a statement from Shaheen.

With all the stuff that has been going on and the fact that all the players are in one place right now, he had to pay a visit and talk to them. If not, he would be accused of hiding & not doing his job.

With all the stuff that has been going on and the fact that all the players are in one place right now, he had to pay a visit and talk to them. If not, he would be accused of hiding & not doing his job.
He already showed his competence. Whatever is happening in Kakul is just a reaction to his decisions.

I’ve always been adamant that removing SSA as captain is harsh and very demotivating especially without any communication or discussions whatsoever.. There is NO WAY that SSA could have built his team, formulated a playing style etc. after one series. It is just not possible so I hope this is not point scoring between Zaka and Mohsin.

However, SSA has partially brought this on himself I feel like.. He has long been our darling but I got suspicious when Wade took him to the cleaners during the 2021 WorldT20 and he had no answer when under pressure.. maybe it was a one off and he would have learnt fro that experience but forward to the 2022 WorldT20 against India - he lost the plot when Kohli took him for 18 runs in the 18th over and really gave them hope that they could win.. again no answers from him when under pressure.

However, the wheels really came off in 2023. It is not mentioned much but the Afg ODI series in August last year their openers went after him and put on nearly 230 for the opening wicket. He was taken apart in familiar conditions and he had no game plan to contain runs nor take wickets. We all know how the Asia Cup Super 4 and then the 2023 WC was a disaster for him but the worrying sign is he has shown no motivation to reinvent himself as a bowler.. Either the ball swings in the first two overs or he will get hammered every game regardless of opposition or game situation..

Not a good sign of a leader and the writing was on the wall after a disastrous PSL where he repeatedly promoted himself over the likes of S. Raza and had one the worst PSL campaigns as a bowler.

Now regarding Babar - hopefully he will learn this time and make it clear to Imam, Shadab, Nawaz and certainly to SSA that they need to get their act together.. hopefully the Amor / Imad experiment works and Saud is played as a T20 opener and we can be successful in the 2024 WorldT20

When you compare two players with different roles, you have to look at who is better at his role. This is how you decide who is a better player between the two.

Wasim Akram is a 100x better cricketer than Imam just like McGrath is a 100x better cricketer than Shoaib Malik and Babar is a 100x better cricketer than Imad.

I can’t believe that in 2024, I have to argue on this forum that Babar is a better cricketer than Imad. The level of delusional and ignorance is staggering.

I believe it is high time that certain posters should be screened for their cricketing knowledge before there posts are allowed on the forum.
Exactly!! Then why you are comparing Imad's batting with Babar. Imad is an all rounder and Babar is a batsman? Or rule is different for you?

Its not possible an allrounder who plays 20-30 balls max can compete with an opener who plays 60-80 balls.

This Naqvi needs to go!!!! He is far worse than Zaka. Neither Afridi nor Babar should be captain. It should be either Rizwan or Shadab.

Exactly!! Then why you are comparing Imad's batting with Babar. Imad is an all rounder and Babar is a batsman? Or rule is different for you?
Who compared Imad's batting with Babar? I objected the delusional statement that Imad is a more valuable cricketer than Babar. It is not my problem that you cannot read, write or think.

Who compared Imad's batting with Babar? I objected the delusional statement that Imad is a more valuable cricketer than Babar. It is not my problem that you cannot read, write or think.
You quoted average of both of them.

This Naqvi needs to go!!!! He is far worse than Zaka. Neither Afridi nor Babar should be captain. It should be either Rizwan or Shadab.
In comparison to them. Sethi looks better.

Back