[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Babar Azam re-appointed as Pakistan white-ball captain

Is it the right decision to re-appoint Babar Azam as white-ball captain?

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Please welcome your new White-ball captain, none other than BABAR AZAM.

------------------------------------

Babar Azam has been appointed as the new white-ball captain.

Following a unanimous recommendation from the PCB’s selection committee, Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi has appointed Babar Azam as white-ball (ODI and T20I) captain of the Pakistan men's cricket team.

PCB

View attachment ZnHN5CFuEsh7157U.mp4

Last edited:
Please welcome your new White-ball captain, none other than BABAR AZAM.

------------------------------------

Babar Azam has been appointed as the new white-ball captain.

Following a unanimous recommendation from the PCB’s selection committee, Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi has appointed Babar Azam as white-ball (ODI and T20I) captain of the Pakistan men's cricket team.

PCB
@Rana @topspin

You guys may have been right about inside connections.

Chalo khair, time to support Australia again. I already claimed my allegiance that I would never support anything under the misbah/ babar clique.

Feel bad for imad and Amir but I can't support em, must stay true to my word.

Australia zindabad.

World is witnessing some high level comedy courtesy of PCB decisions. I am 101% sure CT will not be happening in Pakistan with these clowns people on board in PCB.

Poll has been added now.

It was not a good step taken by babar. He should have kept away from this extra burden.

World is witnessing some high level comedy courtesy of PCB decisions. I am 101% sure CT will not be happening in Pakistan with these clowns people on board in PCB.
CT was never gonna happen in Pakistan, it'll be a hybrid tournament or will be hosted in uae

Babar Sher is back! No test captaincy yet but that too will follow

Finally sanity prevailed, hopefully Babar will take it as challenge, feeling bad for Shahid Afridi who prematurely got SSA in crisis

@Rana @topspin

You guys may have been right about inside connections.

Chalo khair, time to support Australia again. I already claimed my allegiance that I would never support anything under the misbah/ babar clique.

Feel bad for imad and Amir but I can't support em, must stay true to my word.

Australia zindabad.

Australia ko dekh lein ge. We will thrash them! Bookmark my prediction

Australia ko dekh lein ge. We will thrash them! Bookmark my prediction
Won't happen, It can happen against England, NZ, Afg though.

It's hard for me to explain it into words. Theirs a certain mentality factor that pakistani's have vs Australia that isn't present against other teams, its present against India but not to such an extent.

NZ however is the opposite, NZ outclasses us but Pakistan doesn't fear em and doesn't usually backdown or have a half hearted approach against them, same case with England.

Another factor is aussie batters, they enjoy feasting on Pakistani bowlers more then any other team.

2 teams, Pakistan and NZ have a mental block against Australia over the past 10 years.

Same case can be said for Sri lanka vs India in recent times. India is very strong, but their not God's that their capable of consistently bowling out Sri lanka for 30 scores, even minnows like Nepal can survive longer then Sri lanka, its mostly a mental fear.

Good decision .Shaheen is our premium bowler he needs to focus on his bowling and get back in full form and also shouldn't play every bilateral t20i till world t20

Won't happen, It can happen against England, NZ, Afg though.

It's hard for me to explain it into words. Theirs a certain mentality factor that pakistani's have vs Australia that isn't present against other teams, its present against India but not to such an extent.

NZ however is the opposite, NZ outclasses us but Pakistan doesn't fear em and doesn't usually backdown or have a half hearted approach against them, same case with England.

Another factor is aussie batters, they enjoy feasting on Pakistani bowlers more then any other team.

2 teams, Pakistan and NZ have a mental block against Australia over the past 10 years.

Same case can be said for Sri lanka vs India in recent times. India is very strong, but their not God's that their capable of consistently bowling out Sri lanka for 30 scores, even minnows like Nepal can survive longer then Sri lanka, its mostly a mental fear.
And btw @daytrader this is coming from an unbiased perspective.

Ironically Pakistan actually enjoys playing against NZ, NZ can be better on paper but I think it's mostly because pakistani batters and bowlers understand how NZ team functions in general.

So I wouldn't put it past Pakistan to best NZ, Australia is a different story, cause we're not facing em in group stages, we're facing them in high pressure super 8's.

if its true Naqvi is even worse than Zaka. PCB should just disband selection committee and stop hiring any coach. Same old dictatorship all over again. PCB will never learn and we will not win any cup in next 20 years.

Lmao, There is a news coming out from Kakul that Imad and Amir have locked themselves in their hotel rooms and are trying to reach hollywood directors to find out if time travel is possible.

So I wouldn't put it past Pakistan to best NZ, Australia is a different story, cause we're not facing em in group stages, we're facing them in high pressure super 8's.

It's possible that the match doesn't even happen. I believe the super 8's are divided into 2 groups of 4's. And the top 2 teams from each group will make the semis. We might meet them in knockouts if both teams make it.

Back to Rizwan and Babar tuk tuking as openers playing for their own records, youngsters not getting chances, playing a pathetic brand of cricket, brainless squad and team selection, defensive field settings, zero out of the box thinking, awful utilisation of bowlers, poor game awareness and choking in finals. This is Babar’s captaincy summarized.

If Babar brings back the RIZBABAR duo, I will have no hopes for him. Need to change a few things from his past experience. No more blunders.

Man what it must be like being Amir and Imad today.

Took back retirement, made themselves available for Pakistan. End up doing a kakul training that too in ramzan, something they wouldnt had to do if they were retired.

And than find out Babar is back as captain.

Lol they must be going crazy right now in kakul

Another dark day for Pakistan cricket and exposing Babar selfishness. He could have backed shaheen instead chose to have the authority . Pathetic decision which will haunt Pakistan cricket again

Man what it must be like being Amir and Imad today.

Took back retirement, made themselves available for Pakistan. End up doing a kakul training that too in ramzan, something they wouldnt had to do if they were retired.

And than find out Babar is back as captain.

Lol they must be going crazy right now in kakul

They're probably trying hard to beat him in snooker. Gotta cope somehow

As usual PCB is not serious of winning cups and happy to be among top 6. Babar will be Babar for next 20 years and we'll not winning any trophy. Sad day for fans for wasting hours of sleeps/time watching pathetic performances. After WC failure PCB will rest Babar for 1-2 series and bring him captain for next WC. Why PCB gives him so much privilege is beyond my imagination?

Under Babars captaincy from 2019 to 2023 we have lost the following

- ICC T20 WC 2021
- Asia T20 Cup 2022
- ICC T20 WC 2022
- Asia ODI Cup 2023
- ODI WC 2023

We also lost the following series under Babars watch

- T20 series against Australia (3-0)
- ODI series against England 2021 (3-0)
- T20 series against England (2-1)
- Test series against Australia (1-0)
- Test series against England (3-0)
- Draw against NZ
- ODI series against NZ (2-1) 2023

4-5 years is more than sufficient time for someone on the job. Babar was a clueless incompetent captain on the field and he was given a more than fair chance by the PCB. He was an all powerful captain who got the players he wanted.

The PCB were absolutely right to move on from him. BCCI axed Kohli who was a much better captain than Babar because of his failure to win an ICC trophy for the country.

Only a country like Pakistan will reappoint the individual above with no accountability.

If Babar brings back the RIZBABAR duo, I will have no hopes for him. Need to change a few things from his past experience. No more blunders.
Usman will loose the most. He may be dropped or sit in the bench instead of playing like a king in UAE plus IPL. Both Amir/Imad will not loose anything and will play for country/leagues.

On a serious note, this is a very bad decision.

Had it been rizwan, it would had made sense but going back to Babar, like what is even going on. Shaheen is also not gonna like this and this will create a rift in future

Under Babars captaincy from 2019 to 2023 we have lost the following

- ICC T20 WC 2021
- Asia T20 Cup 2022
- ICC T20 WC 2022
- Asia ODI Cup 2023
- ODI WC 2023

We also lost the following series under Babars watch

- T20 series against Australia (3-0)
- ODI series against England 2021 (3-0)
- T20 series against England (2-1)
- Test series against Australia (1-0)
- Test series against England (3-0)
- Draw against NZ
- ODI series against NZ (2-1) 2023

4-5 years is more than sufficient time for someone on the job. Babar was a clueless incompetent captain on the field and he was given a more than fair chance by the PCB. He was an all powerful captain who got the players he wanted.

The PCB were absolutely right to move on from him. BCCI axed Kohli who was a much better captain than Babar because of his failure to win an ICC trophy for the country.

Only a country like Pakistan will reappoint the individual above with no accountability.
Exactly!!! Plus Babar is such a stubborn, bias and cold hearted person that he will select or drop anyone he pleases. Win/loose doesn't matter.
This Naqvi turns out to be worse than Zaka for sure. This people are in PCB to make money not to improve PCB.

Usman will loose the most. He may be dropped or sit in the bench instead of playing like a king in UAE plus IPL. Both Amir/Imad will not loose anything and will play for country/leagues.
All three of them should be playing the upcoming series against Kiwis. Babar should not make the same mistakes that he did before.

The fact that you can lose to a minnow Afghanistan in an ODI worldcup and you will be reinstated back as the captain with no accountability is INSANE. The fact that you get 4 years, with nothing to show for and then come back after one series is INSANE. I am astounded at the clowns who are in the selection committee who unanimously voted for this. ✋ on them.

Usman will get minimal chances as he threatens the “dosti yaari” group because he is an outsider. Either he sucks up to them real hard or he is a goner. My heart breaks for him..

Usman has the backing of 'murshad'. He's gonna get the full NZ series to prove he's international material

Oh dear. Expecting more underperformance from Babar with the bat and lots more drama off the pitch as well.

Thank you Pakistan for keeping the drama alive in cricket.

No matter how badly you keep getting smashed across formats , the controversies , the power struggles and your players' social media accounts all add more colour to this sport than the rest of the cricketing world put together.

Nobody was expecting this move from PCB. Riz was the front-runner for everyone for the captaincy spot but Babar won the race in the end.

Flipping hell man I made a post a while back that whoever crosses Babar usually relents and gets put back in their box quickly.

This seemingly meek and mild personality has an iron grip on our cricket. Anyone who crosses him usually ends up apologizing.

Babar bsckstabbed Imad Wasim for the Karachi Kings captaincy and has now bsckstabbed Shaheen Afridi for the Pakistani captaincy.
What do you mean by this?

Naqvi has Shaheen's card marked as soon as he came in.

Difficult to blame Babar for back stabbing here. Naqvi perhaps has some issues with Afridi.

I don’t know what part of “I will always have the last laugh” do people not undCerstand.
Come on deep inside you know it. You will be anxiously waiting Pakistan to fail miserably so you can make fun of us.

What do you mean by this?

Naqvi has Shaheen's card marked as soon as he came in.

Difficult to blame Babar for back stabbing here. Naqvi perhaps has some issues with Afridi.

Very easy to blame Babar here. He could have refused but he didn't.

As far as Shaheen is concerned, Shaheen in the past has made many pro IK statements and credited IK for encouraging him to accept the LQ captaincy. Naqvi is Asim Munirs brother in law and an extension of the establishment which is hell bent on punishing anyone who supports IK.

As far as Shaheen is concerned, Shaheen in the past has made many pro IK statements and credited IK for encouraging him to accept the LQ captaincy. Naqvi is Asim Munirs brother in law and an extension of the establishment which is hell bent on punishing anyone who supports IK.
Hmm!!! I thought Zaka was bad but Naqvi???????????????

Before praising Naqvi, please remember that he had the opportunity to sack Masood as Test captain but he didn’t have the courage and instead, has decided that he should be captain for another 12 months before Babar gets back the Test captaincy.

Both Babar and Asad Shafiq advised him to replace Masood as Test captain right now but Naqvi couldn’t afford to tick off a few higher ups in PCB.

Asking Amir and Imad to come back and persisting with Masood, the worst batsman to ever play for Pakistan, as Test captain shows that he is not serving Pakistan’s best interests.

Perhaps people won't agree, but I think it's clear Babar is a selfish personality.

It's noticeable in everything he does whether it's the behind-the-scene politics, batting approach, or decision-making as a captain.

The guy took 2-3 months just to get convinced to change his batting spot. The selfishness is dripping off of his actions and gets masked by his laidback, easygoing vibe.

It's certainly easy to get blinded by his batting exploits but it's becoming more and more evident with each day that passes.

I don't think Shaheen is a good captain either but tossing him aside like this is unacceptable and Babar shouldn't have accepted the captaincy. On top of this, Babar himself is a rubbish captain making things worse.

Next step in his selfishness will be to take back the opening spot. I can see it from a mile away.

I don't think anybody in the history of Pakistan has refused a position of authority.

It's a dog eat dog country.

Perhaps people won't agree, but I think it's clear Babar is a selfish personality.

It's noticeable in everything he does whether it's the behind-the-scene politics, batting approach, or decision-making as a captain.

The guy took 2-3 months just to get convinced to change his batting spot. The selfishness is dripping off of his actions and gets masked by his laidback, easygoing vibe.

It's certainly easy to get blinded by his batting exploits but it's becoming more and more evident with each day that passes.

I don't think Shaheen is a good captain either but tossing him aside like this is unacceptable and Babar shouldn't have accepted the captaincy. On top of this, Babar himself is a rubbish captain making things worse.

Next step in his selfishness will be to take back the opening spot. I can see it from a mile away.
You call it selfishness, I call it knowing your value. If you don’t know your worth and if you don’t respect yourself, people will exploit you and take advantage of you.

Babar is not a fool. He knows that not a single Pakistani cricketer in this era is anywhere near him in terms of stature, performances, brand value and fame.

The gap between Babar and the others in this generation is bigger than it ever was for any previous Pakistani star.

Babar is bigger than PCB right now and it took the Zalmi management to actually make him realize his value and why he should not let his brand diminish and devalue during its peak phase by not captaining the Pakistan team.

People don’t know this but the motion of reinstating Babar as captain was put in place during the PSL and Zalmi played a big role in it.

New endorsements are in line to and Babar’s brand value will increase by multiple folds over the next couple of years.

He will also be reinstated as Test captain in 2025.

Seems like someone likes babar a lot. Naqvi cannot even breathe without taking permission.

Now cricketing decisions will be made somewhere else

Last edited by a moderator:
So something good may come out of this afterall 😂

You call it selfishness, I call it knowing your value. If you don’t know your worth and if you don’t respect yourself, people will exploit you and take advantage of you.

Babar is not a fool. He knows that not a single Pakistani cricketer in this era is anywhere near him in terms of stature, performances, brand value and fame.

The gap between Babar and the others in this generation is bigger than it ever was for any previous Pakistani star.

Babar is bigger than PCB right now and it took the Zalmi management to actually make him realize his value and why he should not let his brand diminish and devalue during its peak phase by not captaining the Pakistan team.

People don’t know this but the motion of reinstating Babar as captain was put in place during the PSL and Zalmi played a big role in it.

New endorsements are in line to and Babar’s brand value will increase by multiple folds over the next couple of years.

This is why Babar demanded all format captaincy if he were to become captain again. It makes no sense for him to play under a nothing player like Masood who is not worth lacing his boots.

But Naqvi fumbled the opportunity and couldn’t remove Masood immediately and so quickly because of the connections that Masood enjoys with some of the PCB higher ups.

Babar accepted white ball captaincy with the assurance that he will also be Test captain in 2025 unless Babar himself has a change of heart.

This bodes well for our team at the World Cup...

Poor captain
Disorganised Cricket board
A country in dissaray
No Team management in place as yet

Just when you think everything is against us, we'll probably end up winning the the whole tournament

Most social media posts and trends are against Babar this time ie it was very selfish of him to accept the captaincy and dethrone Shaheen in this manner.

However Babar was admanant in his conditions to the PCB ie I want the captaincy in all formats, I want the players I want ie no Amir, Imad, I want a say in the next coach.

Naqvi told him to sit down ie we are offering you the white ball captaincy keeping the T20 WC and CT 2025 in mind, we have other options as well, you will be given a fair long term chance as captain depending on team performance, as far as selection of the players is concerned, leave that to the selectors and mind you I will be keeping a close eye on things, I will not tolerate any injustice with any player on my watch, we will announce the test captain later in after the T20 WC ends and when we have the test coach here as well.

Most social media posts and trends are against Babar this time ie it was very selfish of him to accept the captaincy and dethrone Shaheen in this manner.

However Babar was admanant in his conditions to the PCB ie I want the captaincy in all formats, I want the players I want ie no Amir, Imad, I want a say in the next coach.

Naqvi told him to sit down ie we are offering you the white ball captaincy keeping the T20 WC and CT 2025 in mind, we have other options as well, you will be given a fair long term chance as captain depending on team performance, as far as selection of the players is concerned, leave that to the selectors and mind you I will be keeping a close eye on things, I will not tolerate any injustice with any player on my watch, we will announce the test captain later in after the T20 WC ends and when we have the test coach here as well.
You seem to have sources that suit your own narratives

Some of you are quoting alot of hearsay here as fact. Unless you are in the Pakistan team dressing room frankly, you have no idea what you are talking about.

So you admit that Babar is bigger than PCB.

Not a good sign.

However, he is not the best ever cricketer from Pakistan, you are quite wrong on this one.

And its also clear from your posts, you have sinister inside knowledge about Babar and his think tank.

I am going to agree with @Rana finally that you have vested interests in portraying the image of Babar as you have some steak in this pot.

I hate accusing anyone but its clear as daylight now Babar is bigger than PCB.

These are the established facts now.
* Babar got 4 years as captain, won nada in the end.
* Lobbied massively after getting sacked via Rashid, Zalmi Mafia and Doc Nauman.
* Came back via politics and backdoor channels.
* Is an A grade selfish individual.
* Thinks he's above team.

So guys we are loosing 2024 T20 WC, 2026 T20 WC and 2025 CT. PCB deserve this humiliation if they have any shame.

Babar Azam is committing career suicide by accepting captaincy at this point.

I dont know who his advisors are but he is being given terrible suggestions and by the time he is done he will be a footnote in Pakistan cricket history.

Babar Azam is committing career suicide by accepting captaincy at this point.

I dont know who his advisors are but he is being given terrible suggestions and by the time he is done he will be a footnote in Pakistan cricket history.
Bro, the guy can’t be removed on merit. This is a fact now. Everyone else can but not Babar.

The only way he can be removed is if a particular political party is in power that may or may not see merit as their way of handling things.

So here is what’s going to happen,

We will lose 4-0 or maybe 3-1 v England in the T20 series

We will lose the T20 World Cup in 2024. Babar will stay captain

We will lose the Australia away tour 3-0

And then lose in the Home Champion’s trophy

Babar will still remain captain.

Back