Clear no-balls not being given

bilawal666

Tape Ball Star
Runs
what is going on here? That last Umar Akmal appeal and Sohaib Maqsood's dismissal were both off no balls. Very poor umpiring in this match so far.

There's been some pretty poor umpiring in this series, sadly the standard of umpiring from the Pakistani umpires has been awful.

Umpiring in general has gone down due to the umpires going upstairs after every dismissal, this has resulted in them being careless and not really noticing no balls. I have also seen this happen during the on going ashes series.

Small things like thgese can potentially change the outcome of the match. Like in that match against the Windies where tied with them. In that matych, during our innings the Umpire had wrongly deducted one run from our total when he thought Akmal didn't put his bat in the crease when coming for the second.

Small things like thgese can potentially change the outcome of the match. Like in that match against the Windies where tied with them. In that matych, during our innings the Umpire had wrongly deducted one run from our total when he thought Akmal didn't put his bat in the crease when coming for the second.
Precisely man. Malinga has been found bowling no balls but umpires have failed to detect that.

Umpiring in general has gone down due to the umpires going upstairs after every dismissal, this has resulted in them being careless and not really noticing no balls. I have also seen this happen during the on going ashes series.

somebody needs to tell these umpires their jobs could be at risk if solely rely on going upstairs

All the the added technology has put the umps under serious pressure, there concentrating more on
On the Business end incase they make a howler

I'm sure Pakistan benefited from no-balls not being called recently, can't remember which match.

Either way, no excuse. The line is right in front of the umpire.

if our batsmen just waited and checked for a no-ball every time they were dismissed they might've still be batting, more or less, considering the amount of no-balls being bowled.

There's a new tradition in umpiring not to call no balls unless there's a wicket, at which point the third umpire will actually check the front foot line. It is ridiculous. Since when did the ICC introduce a rule allowing the umpires to do this? Umpires world over are seriously exposed when on review, the foot is nowhere near the line. Clearly, umpires have decided they will not watch the front foot. If they were watching, they wouldn't ask for 95% of the no ball reviews they ask for.

Umpires seem to think no balls are not important unless there's a wicket. The fact is that no balls are important in odi cricket even when the ball doesn't result in the wicket because 1) its an extra run 2) its a free hit. Accurate calling could increase a team's score by 20-40 runs. But bowlers regularly stepping over the line are now just getting away with it without consequence.

Clear No-balls not being given

Been complaining about this for a while now. If a no-ball is missed then it is missed, including when a wicket is taken. This way the umpire is held accountable for poor decisions. What exactly is the point of an umpire these days if they can't do the basics, such as calling no-balls?

Clear No-balls not being given

I'm sure Pakistan benefited from no-balls not being called recently, can't remember which match.

Either way, no excuse. The line is right in front of the umpire.
It was during the tests in the UAE, when Paul Reiffel failed to call 12 straight no-balls from Irfan. Truly pathetic stuff.

If I can remember correctly, in 1997 Pakistan's home series Vs West Indies, there were countless no balls not called by the Pakistani umpires during the test series and 2 or 3 wickets also fell at those not called no balls. Also remember David Shepherd missing many no balls off the bowling of Saqlain Mushtaq in the year 2000 in England.

We should have robot umpires.

I say, we should get rid of umpires completely.

Most countries are using DRS anyways. A 3rd umpire can be used to call no-balls from the box. As soon as the bowler over-steps, batsman could hear the noball call from the stumps microphone.

In place of umpires, we should have a bouncer or a ref kind of guy who is more like a witness to whats happening on field.

Last edited:
Am watching the WI SL Test match and LOADS of no balls are not being called. If they're marginal, fair enough but there have been some huge no balls that the umpire's haven't spotted. That's not good at all, umpires are paid for what they do and it's unforgivable to not spot no balls - making wrong lbw decisions is natural but this is pathetic especially from Aleem Dar and Richard Kettleborough, two very well known umpires.

3rd umpire should call the no balls. It would make things easier.

I think in the England Pakistan ODI series in 2016 they trialled that but since then it hasn't been implemented again :(

I think in the England Pakistan ODI series in 2016 they trialled that but since then it hasn't been implemented again :(

Was a good system. It's never talked about in icc meetings since that series.

Back