Congratulations to Bangladesh for their first-ever Test series win against Pakistan

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Bangladesh has achieved a remarkable milestone by winning its first-ever Test series against Pakistan. This victory is a huge moment for Bangladesh cricket, showcasing the team's growth and potential because they achieved this feat in away conditions.

The team's hard work and dedication have paid off, and this win will surely boost their confidence. It's a proud moment for Bangladesh cricket fans and a milestone that will be remembered for years to come.

Pakistan, on the other hand, will be disappointed with the loss, which marks a great setback for the team. Despite their rich cricketing history and talent, they were unable to overcome the determined Bangladesh side due to their poor batting performances in this series.

Bangladesh really wanted it more and fully deserved this win. Absolutely humiliated Pakistan at home and have legitimate boss bragging rights for ages.

Many Congratulations to Bangladesh.

But don't forget, India next...

:vkscared

This is the best series win for Bangladesh in Test format.

Previous best was the drawn series (1-1) in New Zealand.

Pakistan 🇵🇰 whitewash Sri Lanka 🇱🇰
Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 whitewash Bangladesh 🇧🇩
Bangladesh 🇧🇩 whitewash Pakistan 🇵🇰

Wow 👍🏻

Congratulations to Bangladesh! The country deserved this! :)

Well done!! Best series win and maybe their biggest sporting achievement in 24 years... just last month in the olympics thread everyone was trolling them saying they can't win a medal ever as they are physically inferior now they out bowl Pak at their home and white wash them in a TEST SERIES .. what a turn around! Reality check and humble pies for lot of us

Well done!! Best series win and maybe their biggest sporting achievement in 24 years... just last month in the olympics thread everyone was trolling them saying they can't win a medal ever as they are physically inferior now they out bowl Pak at their home and white wash them in a TEST SERIES .. what a turn around! Reality check and humble pies for lot of us

Biggest sporting achievement would be reaching Champions Trophy semi-final in 2017.

I would also rate eliminating India in 2007 WC or Pakistan in 1999 WC higher than this.

ICC events are more important than a Test series.

Biggest sporting achievement would be reaching Champions Trophy semi-final in 2017.

I would also rate eliminating India in 2007 WC or Pakistan in 1999 WC higher than this.

You didn't get any prizes for above results, now you have the trophy. Plus test cricket is the pinnacle.

If you had won any ICC title yes that would have been a bigger prize.

Many Congratulations to Bangladesh.

But don't forget, India next...

:vkscared
In India, even Australia Cries. so no pressure on US, we can get our pichwara smacked mercilessly by India in India it wont matter. if India defeats BD clinically in India and anyone says that this win in Pak was a fluke, he/she himself/herself is a fool

Congratulations Bangladeshi fans. Remarkable 2-0 victory over pakistan in pakistan. Great achievement indeed. Big day for bangladesh fans. Commiseration to pakistan fans. Sun will rise again.

In India, even Australia Cries. so no pressure on US, we can get our pichwara smacked mercilessly by India in India it wont matter. if India defeats BD clinically in India and anyone says that this win in Pak was a fluke, he/she himself/herself is a fool

This is one of the strongest BD test team I have seen. I don't believe they will be rolled over by India. Remember the venues are Kanpur and Chennai where ball will turn from day 1 lunch. Indian batters are atrocious against spin bowling as evident from recent SL series.

This is one of the strongest BD test team I have seen. I don't believe they will be rolled over by India. Remember the venues are Kanpur and Chennai where ball will turn from day 1 lunch. Indian batters are atrocious against spin bowling as evident from recent SL series.

Hopefully they will put up a good fight.

Congratulations to all BD fans. Momentous occasion, history made winning a test series away to a major cricketing nation like Pakistan.

yeah, https://www.google.com/search?q=ban...8#sie=m;/g/11s9jxbyxy;5;/m/021q23;cms;fp;1;;; in this match Meraz Shakib and Taijul almost got a historic first test win. anyway brother you guys are way too strong right now. I hope my team just dont give up and show character.

But BD did not eliminate India in 2007. It was SL who eliminated India.

But BD did not eliminate India in 2007. It was SL who eliminated India.

SL beating India was always a given considering SL were superior at that time.

BD win effectively knocked India out. Anyway, that's not the topic of the thread.

After the New Zealand away victory, this is the biggest achievement in Bangladesh's history. Happy for the hard working boys, well deserved. Hope they bring their A game against India and don't go out playing idiotic shots.

We literally beat Sri Lanka 2-1 just before that world cup. Also won 5-1 in 2005. How on earth were Sri Lanka superior to us at that time? Don't talk about something that you have no Idea about.

After the New Zealand away victory, this is the biggest achievement in Bangladesh's history. Happy for the hard working boys, well deserved. Hope they bring their A game against India and don't go out playing idiotic shots.

I think this is the biggest win in Test format.

In NZ, it was a drawn series (1-1). So, can't be the best one since they didn't win the series.

They whitewashed West Indies (in West Indies) in 2009 also but that West Indies side was a depleted one.

BD win effectively knocked India out. Anyway, that's not the topic of the thread.
Always a given? India had defeated SL 2-1 in ODI series before that.

Sri Lanka eliminated India. Yes, this is not the topic, but your lie needed to be corrected.

The day Bangladesh announced that it is no more a minnow in international cricket and pakistan is no more in that heavy weight category which it enjoyed for almost four decades ..

One thing for sure now this New BD has the bowling ingredients and variety to take 20wickets in test format, there’s pace, swing, spinners, a leggie would’ve topped it. But batting is still a concern especially top 4 positions. Too many left handers there and some passengers, captain himself isnt scoring much but has captained the team very well in this series so he gets next series or two to get his batting up to the mark. For me Mushfiqur needs to come and bat at 4. Need a right handed batsman in the top3 too.

One thing for sure now this New BD has the bowling ingredients and variety to take 20wickets in test format, there’s pace, swing, spinners, a leggie would’ve topped it. But batting is still a concern especially top 4 positions. Too many left handers there and some passengers, captain himself isnt scoring much but has captained the team very well in this series so he gets next series or two to get his batting up to the mark. For me Mushfiqur needs to come and bat at 4. Need a right handed batsman in the top3 too.
Two bowling allrounders in shakib and mehedi batting seems good ..But it will take some time to beat big guys regularly..on the path especially with those young fast bowlers..

This is what happens when you have seniors full of ego in team . King babar , lord Rizwan , eagle . English shani. I feel bad for younger players . They have no one to look for . No one to support . These seniors are full of ego and selfish .

Yes even if we lose this bowling has the capability of taking 20 wickets. Shewag must be proud 😂

Improvement of pace attack is the game changer.

BD batters and spinners did well before also but this is the first time pace attack is looking good.

So, credit has to be given to former pace coaches (Allan Donald, Ottis Gibson, and Courtney Walsh).

Congrats to BD fans, I said it before they won the first Test but this is one of their best ever sides in terms of their balance, strategy and preparation in the format; they have some world class players to who they haven’t had to rely on with their individual brilliance. Hopefully they can build on this platform and take a great deal of self belief from this into future tours.

Nothing comes even remotely close to win an away Test series against an established Test nation - that too 2-0 in a 2 Test series means they made the third Test academic (had there been one) & it’s not like they got PAK off guard in one Test, then weather forced the next 1/2 Tests draw (Lije ZIM in PAK in 1998).

Any given day I’ll take a Test series win in Australia over couple of ODI & T20 WC trophies - each.

Nothing comes even remotely close to win an away Test series against an established Test nation - that too 2-0 in a 2 Test series means they made the third Test academic (had there been one) & it’s not like they got PAK off guard in one Test, then weather forced the next 1/2 Tests draw (Lije ZIM in PAK in 1998).

Any given day I’ll take a Test series win in Australia over couple of ODI & T20 WC trophies - each.
I agree with you first point but bilateral series are forgotten over time, WC win specially an ODI worldcup win is remembered for ever

I agree with you first point but bilateral series are forgotten over time, WC win specially an ODI worldcup win is remembered for ever

The ODI WC is just the pinnacle imo though I value the WTC on a similar level personally, but the prestige of winning the ODI WC is something else. Other high level Test series wins are pretty much head and shoulders above all else so this is definitely Bangladesh's finest moment since becoming a Test nation.

I would congratulate Bangladesh but what's even the point?

I think they'd be embrassed that I'm congratulating them for smacking the daylights of a team that got booted out of t20 by USA in 2024.

We literally beat Sri Lanka 2-1 just before that world cup. Also won 5-1 in 2005. How on earth were Sri Lanka superior to us at that time? Don't talk about something that you have no Idea about.

SL was the superior team to India on slow pitches. The 7-2 bilateral record was built mainly on true Indian wkts which suited the style of Dravid and Chappell's team

India between 2005-2007 had a bowling lineup also built around pace. Harbhajan was the lone spinner and had become a darter averaging around 39-40. Kumble barely played any matches.

On that Port of Spain surface, Murali and Jayasuriya broke the back of India's middle order (Sehwag, Dravid and Dhoni) between ovs 15-35 while Harbhajan went wicketless to allow SL to rebuild and launch in last 10.

Congratulations to all BD fans!

Whitewashing Pakistan in their den is the biggest achievement for BD team so far.

Team played well and winning this series so comfortably was well deserved. Impressive thing was not giving it up when things went other way in some periods. That's the test cricket.

What? It's not even remotely close.

Beating Pakistan in their den and not just winning one test , but whitewashing them in their home. It tops anything Bangladesh has done so far in cricket. It's very hard to win test series in opposition den.

It's extremely hard to win test series in strong opposition's den. That's why it rarely happens even for good teams.

In ODI you can catch opposition on bad day. In test series one bad day or couple of bad day is not enough. You have to actually outperform them over a long period. It's extrmely hard.

I would congratulate Bangladesh but what's even the point?

I think they'd be embrassed that I'm congratulating them for smacking the daylights of a team that got booted out of t20 by USA in 2024.
I hope you understand the difference between one night stand & 50 years of conjugal life …… that’s probably a reasonable comparison between a random T20 & an away Test series.

Defeats against India hurts.

Defeat against Bangladesh isn't too bad. I feel proud of our brothers.

I guess I feel like King Richard Williams when he would watch his kids play Tennis. Whatever happened he would win.

I feel the same way when Pakistan or Afghanistan beat BD.

I see these 3 countries as part of 1 country (Ummah country).

Congrats!

For some reason I’m not sad at all.

Glad this team’s mediocrity keeps getting exposed, first the World T20 and now this.

The major surgery still hasn’t happened. It should happen NOW.

It's extremely hard to win test series in strong opposition's den. That's why it rarely happens even for good teams.

In ODI you can catch opposition on bad day. In test series one bad day or couple of bad day is not enough. You have to actually outperform them over a long period. It's extrmely hard.
Besides, you can win a random ODI tournament or make KO stage in white ball cricket Kenya did that in 2003, AFGs in 2024 - it hardly indicates anything. Kenya is almost extinct from cricket, and you’ll see AFGs after their PAK groomed players retire/fades away. But, winning an away Test series in adverse conditions indicates the grass root level development of the game - it’s long term, sustainable growth.

Congratulations @MMHS @ashrafulrox

I am glad you loved to see this day. Well done.

Besides, you can win a random ODI tournament or make KO stage in white ball cricket Kenya did that in 2003, AFGs in 2024 - it hardly indicates anything. Kenya is almost extinct from cricket, and you’ll see AFGs after their PAK groomed players retire/fades away. But, winning an away Test series in adverse conditions indicates the grass root level development of the game - it’s long term, sustainable growth.
Agree.

WI won T20 WC. If WI had won two test series in SA and Aus, it would indicate a totally different level for WI when compared to winning T20 WC.

dekhna ye hai wo much announced surgery hogi ke nahi . atm Shafique Bobzy abrar don't deserve to be in pak b or c even. and maybe masood too
Ya, shafique is just a right handed Imam ul haq. Sri lanka was one team he loved though.

As for bobby, he did this to himself. He was not a bad batter when he came on and was 100% overhated before 2022. He let his fitness go, and he got the ego of not fixing his technique and form which Yousaf and other batting coaches complained on him about.

As for abrar, Still early days, he did really well against England. Give him some time. He has the right attitude atm.

The ODI WC is just the pinnacle imo though I value the WTC on a similar level personally, but the prestige of winning the ODI WC is something else. Other high level Test series wins are pretty much head and shoulders above all else so this is definitely Bangladesh's finest moment since becoming a Test nation.
It's just hangover from odi Monopoly of past decades , tests were boring draw matches, no T20 , ODI cricket was one people followed ..Time changed now test matches reinvented itself and became more results oriented and T20 is followed by majority odi lost the popularity contest ..Kids grown up watching odi cricket still argue it as pinnacle of cricket contest ..New generation will argue differently..

Last three months we've had too many congratulations threads. Opened our big hearts to the world.

Congratulations BD on beating Pakistan fair and square and winning a historic 2-0 series in Pakistan that too in city of Rawalpindi, headquarter of Pakistan army (some history associated there with BD independence). Quite a historic series win indeed!

Amazing performance by BD. Going to be a tough series for India. I expect India to win. But this BD team will not rollover like the previous ones.

I feel the same way when Pakistan or Afghanistan beat BD.

I see these 3 countries as part of 1 country (Ummah country).
With Bangladesh it's different than other countries. ummah is factor. But your fans cheer for our team passionately and is the biggest supporter of Pakistan cricket.

I want your team to have some glory themselves and bring the fans some hope and joy after being used to defeats for so long.

With Bangladesh it's different than other countries. ummah is factor. But your fans cheer for our team passionately and is the biggest supporter of Pakistan cricket.

I want your team to have some glory themselves and bring the fans some hope and joy after being used to defeats for so long.

BD has many indian supporters also. Not as much as Pakistan but they are a significant number. I am not talking about India the country but ICT. You won't find these guys on FB. I wish some of the indian members here saw this. They only see the hate for India online. I used to be a die hard indian supporter in the 90s before my team got test status.

BD has many indian supporters also. Not as much as Pakistan but they are a significant number. I am not talking about India the country but ICT. You won't find these guys on FB. I wish some of the indian members here saw this. They only see the hate for India online. I used to be a die hard indian supporter in the 90s before my team got test status.

No respect for those Bangladeshi ICT fans.

Considering their longevity in the game, BD achievements in Test cricket are relatively small.
Yeah it is. Not only in tests but in cricket general. We should not have been given test status. We should have come to test like Afg and Ireland came i.e playing tier cricket

No respect for those Bangladeshi ICT fans.

If you count the Hindu Bangladeshis only that's 10% of the population. And among rest of the 90% may be 25%/30% supports Pakistan. Rest do not care about any team other than Bangladesh and these are the significant people.

I can assure you while the number is very low but there are Muslim ICT supporters who like the indian team for their performance only..don't mix up with the country India

So the ratio of pak vs indian support will be 3:1. That's what I meant in my previous post

Congrats to Bangladesh! Incredible performance, well deserved.

I’m happy to see hope & joy in Bangladesh over recent months , this is another great occasion.

No issue losing to them , they are brothers & it’s nice to see them smiling

Back