Congratulations to Bangladesh for their first-ever Test series win against Pakistan

Big prize for a big win
====
Bangladesh interim government rewarded the men's national team with BDT 3.2 crore (Rs 2.25 crore)on Saturday,September 14 for their historic Test series win against Pakistan

Bangladesh men's cricket team, who had not beaten Pakistan in a single Test match in their history clean-sweeped the Test series 2-0 to hand the hosts a major shock.

Mahmud Sajeeb Bhuiyan, Advisor for the Ministry of Youth and Sports handed the award to the men's team under the captaincy of Najmul Shanto who thrashed Pakistan in both Test matches at Rawalpindi.

"Bangladesh cricket team has been awarded BDT 3.20 crore for their historic Test series win against Pakistan. BCB Chairman Faruque Ahmed accepted the bonus from Mahmud Sajeeb Bhuiyan, Advisor for the Ministry of Youth and Sports. A portion will be donated to help flood victims," the BCB said via their official X account.

Bangladesh cricket team has been awarded BDT 3.20 crore for their historic Test series win against Pakistan. BCB Chairman Faruque Ahmed accepted the bonus from Mahmud Sajeeb Bhuiyan, Advisor for the Ministry of Youth and Sports. A portion will be donated to help flood victims.

Bangladesh scripted history at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium as they beat Pakistan by 6 wickets in the second Test and registered their maiden series win over the Asian rivals on Tuesday, September 3. Pakistan set a target of 185 runs for the visitors to chase down in the fourth innings and the challenge was happily accepted by the resurgent Bangladesh team who were riding high on their maiden win over the Asian rivals in the first Test.

Today, a winning bonus handing-over ceremony was organized for the Bangladesh team in celebration of their first-ever historic Test series win against Pakistan. Asif Mahmud, Advisor to the Ministry of Youth and Sports, and BCB president Faruque Ahmed were present at the occasion. pic.twitter.com/4dVeaAesZN — Bangladesh Cricket (@BCBtigers) September 14, 2024

Zakir Hasan (40), Najmul Hossain Shanto (38) and Mominul Haque (34) made vital contributions in the chase to help their team taste unprecedented glory on Pakistan soil. As a result, Bangladesh won their first Test series against Pakistan after facing six losses on the trot. Not many expected the match to produce a result, after the first day was completely washed out due to rain. However, Test cricket once again proved its worth by enthralling with riveting action over the course of the next four days.

Source: India Today

I do not support paying them such a big amount.

They won a Test series. Not a World Cup. This amount makes no sense.

Old gov new gov lol..same same..could have at least waited untill the India series but nope that would not serve their agenda.

I am sure out the money given some have also been taken by the new management.

Celebrating too much has a negative side affect.

I remember I once celebrated after getting 98% on my history exam. My next few semesters went very bad. LOL.

Maybe they can celebrate like this if they win an Asia Cup or a World Cup.
This carries more worth and prestige than Asia Cup for sure .

Anyone devaluing test series wins away from home should not be taken seriously. It is a huge win for Bangladesh point of view and their future in this sport and it must be acknowledged and rewarded convincingly.

For them, CT and Asia Cup wins also matter but a test series win away from home against a top 7 test playing nation is by no means any ordinary achievement. It is arguably their first biggest victory in their cricketing history.

This carries more worth and prestige than Asia Cup for sure .
Don't agree. 1-2 years later everyone will forget this series win and will only come up when there is a discussion. Asia cup win would put BD in the honour board of the tournament and as long as the tournament is there, the achievement will be

Don't agree. 1-2 years later everyone will forget this series win and will only come up when there is a discussion. Asia cup win would put BD in the honour board of the tournament and as long as the tournament is there, the achievement will be
No . this test series will not forget untill Bangladesh win another test series away from home against any top 6-7 teams.

Indian fan will never forget two test series win in australia .

Test series win away from home >> Asia cup .

No . this test series will not forget untill Bangladesh win another test series away from home against any top 6-7 teams.

Indian fan will never forget two test series win in australia .

Test series win away from home >> Asia cup .
You yourself with come up with argument what tournament BD have won when there is a comparison

Anyone devaluing test series wins away from home should not be taken seriously. It is a huge win for Bangladesh point of view and their future in this sport and it must be acknowledged and rewarded convincingly.

For them, CT and Asia Cup wins also matter but a test series win away from home against a top 7 test playing nation is by no means any ordinary achievement. It is arguably their first biggest victory in their cricketing history.

Winning an ICC trophy is far more important than any Test series win.

You are living in your own fantasy. Winning a test series away from home is far more important than everything except the World Cups.

Is World Cup an ICC trophy or not?

3 types of fans think away Test series win is more important than ICC trophies:

- English fans who only seem to care about Ashes.
- Indian fans because India recently started to dominate in away tours.
- South African fans because South Africa generally choke in ICC tournaments.

Winning an ICC trophy is far more important than any Test series win.

No. Once Bangladesh becomes a more professional test side who gets to tour every country every four years for more than 2 tests, you will understand that then.

Now, perhaps since Bangladesh don't get to play that many games, you can probably think of winning an ICC trophy as more important because nobody outside Asia is keen in calling you for a test tour.

No. Once Bangladesh becomes a more professional test side who gets to tour every country every four years for more than 2 tests, you will understand that then.

Now, perhaps since Bangladesh don't get to play that many games, you can probably think of winning an ICC trophy as more important because nobody outside Asia is keen in calling you for a test tour.

It has nothing to do with Bangladesh.

You are entitled to your opinion. That doesn't make it a fact.

An ICC World Cup win is far more important than any lousy Test series.

It has nothing to do with Bangladesh.

You are entitled to your opinion. That doesn't make it a fact.

An ICC World Cup win is far more important than any lousy Test series.
agreed!

winning a Test series is surely a plus but winning an ICC event is far more precious

because in Test series u comete against 1 particular side but in an ICC event u have to defeat top rank sides to take the title..

so yeh for me ICC event is more important.

agreed!

winning a Test series is surely a plus but winning an ICC event is far more precious

because in Test series u comete against 1 particular side but in an ICC event u have to defeat top rank sides to take the title..

so yeh for me ICC event is more important.

I doubt these Indians would've placed Test series win above World Cup win 12 years ago when their team lost 0-8 (0-4 in England and 0-4 in Australia).

They suddenly are placing away series win above World Cup win because they won 2 series in Australia. LOL.

Most normal sports followers would put World Cup wins over anything else. That's just natural.

I doubt these Indians would've placed Test series win above World Cup win 12 years ago when their team lost 0-8 (0-4 in England and 0-4 in Australia).

They suddenly are placing away series win above World Cup win because they won 2 series in Australia. LOL.

Most normal sports followers would put World Cup wins over anything else. That's just natural.
In my defence, I was just talking about Asia Cup not icc trophies.

Is World Cup an ICC trophy or not?

3 types of fans think away Test series win is more important than ICC trophies:

- English fans who only seem to care about Ashes.
- Indian fans because India recently started to dominate in away tours.
- South African fans because South Africa generally choke in ICC tournaments.
Don't worry bangladesh is not going to win any ICC trophy atleast for next 10 years so enjoy the this test series win

After winning in Australia the Indians rewrote cricketing rules so that only.performances in Australia test wins matter. It became their go to excuse for everything.

Back