Bangladesh (262 & 185/4) secure a historic Test win by 6 wickets against Pakistan (274 & 172) in the 2nd Test match to clean sweep the series 2-0

Who will win the 2nd Test match between Pakistan and Bangladesh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have not seen much of Abrar. He is called a mystery bowler. Trying to understand what sort of a mystery he has. His balls hardly turned even from the rough. Does he use middle finger to bowl carrom ball? ON the smae surface Miraz turned.

That's the problem

Pakistan needs to play Pakistani way not some other way. Amplify their traditional strengths.

A rally car cannot ape an F1 racing car and become one. And vice versa.
I disagree. I don't know what the Pakistani way is . There is no obvious style of play by them. What Gillespie is trying to do it won't bring results overnight. But if he gets support of PCB it can be fruitful.

Look at India. How they transformed. They used to made spin rank turners just to win at home.

They went out of it. They began to make lively sporting wickets in first class cricket and they began to win abroad.

Pakistan cant be Australia.Its true. But they can at least try to be India. Gillespie tried to produce fast pitch with seam movement in first test. It wasn't to be due to curators failure. But the approach was right. Pakistan made docile lifeless pitches in last home season. But they were beaten convincingly by Australia and England, first time in Pakistan history. PCB was criticised thoroughly.

I disagree. I don't know what the Pakistani way is . There is no obvious style of play by them. What Gillespie is trying to do it won't bring results overnight. But if he gets support of PCB it can be fruitful.

Look at India. How they transformed. They used to made spin rank turners just to win at home.

They went out of it. They began to make lively sporting wickets in first class cricket and they began to win abroad.

Pakistan cant be Australia.Its true. But they can at least try to be India. Gillespie tried to produce fast pitch with seam movement in first test. It wasn't to be due to curators failure. But the approach was right. Pakistan made docile lifeless pitches in last home season. But they were beaten convincingly by Australia and England, first time in Pakistan history. PCB was criticised thoroughly.
India used to prepare spin pitches at home till very recently. Not sure what are you talking about. Thry might have 3 Bumrahs in their side but will still prepare pitches that are predisposed to spin and batters than go for a green one. Because that IS their traditional strength.

Their fast bowlers have become good enough to exploit seam and early morning swing on such pitches is another matter. They becoming competent overseas reflects focus on fitness , heightened competition and mental strength a lot of which h has to do with IPL and the rigid cricketing heirarchy. It is this mindset that makes them believe in themselves and do miraculous things like Gabba.

Back