Cowardly act on final delivery from Dinda

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
Shame !

Good that England won, kudos to Morgan. True champion ! Shame for India once again. We are just being lame these days.

Last edited:
completely agree, commented on the match thread about it too. Dinda didn't need to do that, he was bowling a pretty good over. If anything it threw himself off than Morgan.

Last edited:
That was unsporting... but why so shame?! Reacting too much on little things, are we?!

Its all fun :).

Deal with it F_C.

tumblr_m9e2yrSwnl1ryddcno1_400.gif

If anything Morgan may have only got 2 runs from a paddle rather than the straight six he hit.

If anything Morgan may have only got 2 runs from a paddle rather than the straight six he hit.

True that. I guess thats why it is said - Fortune favours the brave !, not phattus like Dinda.

Anyone knows what happened to Ashish Nehra?? The last international game he played was the semi final match against Pakistan. He is a very decent bowler IMO.

If it had come off there would have been a thread about it's 'brilliance' and 'genius'.

dinda bowled good over but he saved the best for last :six :)))

awana has been dissapointing , i had hopes from him

According to Cricinfo:

Two to tie (which would bring a super over), three to win. India just want a dot or a single... Here we go. And Dinda loses his footing as he arrives at the crease! We'll have to start again... And now India are having an almighty conflab about setting the field, Dhoni, Raina, Yuvraj all involved. Fine leg is up, looks like there's a gap at deep cover...

One thing is for sure this Indian attack can make our Batsman look like World beaters.

:umarakmal:afridi:kami:yk:misbah_old

i dont think any of those have good records against us ..

maybe repalce it with :butt:malik

I think so , he wanted to see what approach Morgan would take , Morgan outsmarted him by reading his mind as to which ball he would bowl .

he bowled pretty good over until last ball...it happens..nothing cowardly about it..

It wasn't that bad was it? If batsmen can switch hit after having seen the field set in advance then why can't a bowler do something like this? Too many things are in favour of the batsmen any way. I honestly don't see any thing wrong with it.

Nothing new, plenty of bowlers have tried such a tactic to see how the batsmen is lining up. Perhaps he saw Morgan moving towards the offside so decided to pull out of the delivery he planned to bowl. Any decent pacer would just back himself to get it full and straight.

Don't think it was cowardly act whatsoever FC, in highnsight you wish he had bowled that delivery right then and there but as they say highnsight is .............

Had he bowled that delivery, it would definitely not have been a six

I thought the very fact that ENG batsmen were going for paddle sweeps or the dil scoop kind of shots had put them at a disadvantage, the way Buttler and Morgan were striking the ball they might have finished the game a couple of balls ago had they not gone for cute shots.

Yes, Dinda should have gone ahead with that last ball, Morgan was trying to play the scoop or sweep whatever you call it, and it was unlikely that it would have come off, I think all that stoppage in play and that long discussion by Team India about field placing allowed Morgan to think, he backed himself to go for it rather than playing cute shots and it paid off, more often than not when you back yourself, it pays off!!!

Overreaction OP. What is so cowardly about it? Havent you seen other bowlers do it?

I've seen you say this several times before. What exactly do you see in Dinda? He looks quite awful to me.

Special talent? :facepalm: I would have Sohail Tanvir over this guy in my team any day

He may not be special talent but he picks up T20 wickets at better S/R than all other bowlers (with 13 or more wickets - from non-minnow teams).

Attachments

• uu.jpg
    uu.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 592
Overreaction OP. What is so cowardly about it? Havent you seen other bowlers do it?

First we have establish if Dinda acutely did pull away AFTER seeing Morgan going for paddle sweep. I think, the assumption that Dinda pulled away after we saw Morgan going for the shot, is totally worng.

At the best .... Dinda pulled away at the SAME time Morgan was going for the shot. Very little time for Dinda to react. Here are the some frame by frame shots of the delivery. Look at 3rd pic. Dinda has lready pulled away but Morgan is just started to go for the shot.

Attachments

• F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 556
  • F2.jpg
    F2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 552
  • F3.jpg
    F3.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 488
  • F4.jpg
    F4.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 551
He may not be special talent but he picks up T20 wickets at better S/R than all other bowlers (with 13 or more wickets - from non-minnow teams).

Too small a sample size. You know better than everyone the importance of a minimum qualification.

Too small a sample size. You know better than everyone the importance of a minimum qualification.

13 wickets in 22 overs ...... may be small sample but no mean achievement in any form of cricket.

He tried something different but was beyond his ability.... I mean during Asia cup :cheema bowled a very leg yorker bcz at the end moment he saw Shahadat move. You need good control for that and Dinda you dont have that. He just ended up becoming a villain.

Dinda soiled his Diapers even before the 6th delivery was bowled.

A worthless bowler and duly put in his Doghouse by Morgan....:viv

I kind of like his attitude. He looks pumped up all the time, but still well behaved and though he isnt that naturally talented he gives 100% in the field as well. Saved some important runs near the fence tonight.

I would suggest BCCI not to drop Dinda against Pakistan. Our batsmen will instill all the confidence back into him and make him look a lethal combo of Michael Holding and Melcom Marshal. We are famous in building the careers of opposition bowlers. Just watch how Hafeez n Co craps out again n again against Dinda who will have a Danda for our batsmen.

Morgan hits Dinda's career into obscurity.Oh wait, this is INDIA where they recycle junk in the hope it turns to Gold!!!:)))

I remember Dilhara Fernando did this against England in 2007 WC and worked as well, bowled Ravi Bopara.

On a side note, I watched that last ball 6 on the news and Bumble seemed to be the commie. But above its that annoying Indian commie on the last ball. Are there different commentary teams for English viewers?

I loved it.

I think he should've done the same thing from "over the wicket" just to confuse the batsman even more.

Then come around & bowl a leg spinning flighted bal so that you cramp him for room to hit the six.

If batsman is playing unorthodox shots like behind the wicketkeeper. Its bowlers job to **** him off do unorthodox things.

After all, this is a "kachra" cricket. anything goes.

Found the video

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NusvfpHT4Tw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hilariously fail commentary though :)))

At least he tried something without expecting the Gods in the sky to do something.

Kolkata: Two days ahead of the second phase of polling in West Bengal, another violent incident has been reported from the state. Former cricketer and BJP candidate from Moyna (in West Bengal's Purba Medinipur), Ashok Dinda was on Tuesday allegedly attacked by unidentified people in the constituency.

Dinda was attacked around 4.30 pm while he was returning from a roadshow. It was reported that his SUV was attacked by hundreds of goons carrying lathi and rods.

Pictures tweeted by news agency ANI showed the rear windscreen of the SUV in which Dinda was campaigning hit by a stone. The stone along with shards of glass could also be seen scattered on the rear seat of the vehicle.

https://www.timesnownews.com/india/...attacked-during-election-campaign-pics/738955

Back