CT: Pak v NZ [Match 8] Pak Batting | 2nd Innings

Aww Pak all out.
It's ok, we'll beat SA and get to semis.
:(
inshaAllah.

Pathetic performance to say the least. Our bowling paid the price.

We have to win against S.A and i feel they will be tougher than NZ.

Didnt have high hopes before the tourney I am just proud that the boys are putting in a lot of effort. We were competitive which is more than a lot of sides can say in this tourney.

We played well till the last 10 overs of the NZ innings - if we had Akhtar, NZ wouldve only had 220-230

Pakistan > Sri Lanka > New Zealand > South Africa > Sri Lanka < New Zealand > Pakistan > South Africa inshaAllah!

Where does this leave all the pro YK's captaincy camp? His own contribution with the bat has been 7 and 2!

it would leave them in the same place it leaves the anti inzi camp when we lose a game or when inzi fails with the bat for two innings - neither here nor there.

Its a shame losing to a mediocre team. When someone like Styris scores 80+ you know you have played crap.

We need to focus on the game with SA now.

Great win for New Zealand. Their batting in the last 10 overs gave them the momentum to bowl without as much pressure. It sets up South Africa v Pakistan nicely now.

If NZ are mediocre then what are we?

We get stuffed yet still choose to insult the oppostion.

Gasherbrum said:
it would leave them in the same place it leaves the anti inzi camp when we lose a game or when inzi fails with the bat for two innings - neither here nor there.

Not quite because many want change for change sake without accepting what Inzaman has done. Just because somebody can Captain the team with NRG in short bursts doesn't make him a good Captain.

Last edited:
I still think Pakistan have a good chance to qualify but NZ were always going to be a tough opponent and they deserved to win. Flemo is one of the players of the group stages so far, 2 match-winning anchor innings in 3 games. Didn't he set some captaincy record or other tday? I'm pleased for him, seems like a decent bloke.

Fleming broke Ranatunga's record for walking the most singles.

No seriously he broke his record for most ODI's as captain, a whopping 194th today.

Muhammad said:
If NZ are mediocre then what are we?

We get stuffed yet still choose to insult the oppostion.

We are much better than New Zealand as the history of NZ vs Pakistan shows.

Anyway a pretty pathetic performance.

One thing I will say is that I am sick and tired of Afridi. I am sorry, enough is enough. He has got to go.

Hash said:
Anyway a pretty pathetic performance.

One thing I will say is that I am sick and tired of Afridi. I am sorry, enough is enough. He has got to go.
His unconditional supporters like the Afridi (Dead Man Walking) thrill I think. They are thrill seekers and not care about the team overall. He needs to not be in the South Africa game if we want a chance of winning.

Bring Yasir Arafat in for Afridi.

Yasir couldn't do any worse.....in fact, if he gets to bat I bet you a million pounds he does better than the average of 9 which Afridi has in his last 20 ODIs.

How many runs did our bowlers go for in the last 10 overs?

I only saw a few minutes of the match.

Hash said:
99 I think.

Well that is very poor. I expect a lot better from our bowlers, yes we may be without our 2 best bowlers in Akhtar and Asif, but going for 99 in last 10 is a joke.

Uzi said:
Well that is very poor. I expect a lot better from our bowlers, yes we may be without our 2 best bowlers in Akhtar and Asif, but going for 99 in last 10 is a joke.

I think that made the difference.

We would have chased 250

Hash said:
Yes and this history said Pakistan have never been defeated in England for 30 years before this years series. History cannot win you games.

Last edited:
Hash said:

Just because we owned NZ when Wasim and Waqar and Shoaib were at their peak doesn't mean that we will continue to be better then them for eternity. In the ICC CT, Pakistan has brought one genuinely world-class batsman( MoYo), some bits and pieces bowling all-rounders, a few trundlers and THE worst keeper in the world( with bat and glove).
Styris is just as good as any Pkaistani batsmen except MoYo. Stop expecting NZ to roll over again and again to Pakistan, with this team its just not going to happen.

Rob H said:
Yes and this history said Pakistan have never been defeated in England for 30 years before this years series. History cannot win you games.

we are better than New Zealand. Our ranking proves it.

mooz said:
Just because we owned NZ when Wasim and Waqar and Shoaib were at their peak doesn't mean that we will continue to be better then them for eternity. In the ICC CT, Pakistan has brought one genuinely world-class batsman( MoYo), some bits and pieces bowling all-rounders, a few trundlers and THE worst keeper in the world( with bat and glove).
Styris is just as good as any Pkaistani batsmen except MoYo. Stop expecting NZ to roll over again and again to Pakistan, with this team its just not going to happen.

:91:

Hash said:
we are better than New Zealand. Our ranking proves it.

Actually we are not.
Do a little bit of research before you post, google is your friend.
LG ICC ODI Championship Table

Team *Matches Points Rating

Australia 30 3853 128
South Africa 26 3198 123

New Zealand 21 2398 114

India 35 3929 112

Pakistan 25 2782 111

Sri Lanka 37 4011 108

West Indies 27 2818 104

England 25 2417 97

Bangladesh 26 877 34

Zimbabwe 25 757 30

Kenya 9 0 0

Last updated: 24 Oct 2006

Sorry mooz...

we were last time i looked at it (a few days ago)

Hash said:
Sorry mooz...

we were last time i looked at it (a few days ago)

The no2 to no7 rankings are almost meaningless, they change every other week. I think the player rankings are more useful, and Pakistna is not well represented in either the batting or bowling lists. Hence our 10-10-2 record over the last 22 games( somehow we can still beat SL).

Back