Delhi Cop Suspended For 'Kicking' Namazis At Indralok After Protest By Muslims

That guy was offering namaaz in the middle of a busy road. So policeman was not wrong in asking them to move but his actions were i.e he should not have kicked.

Here the Gujju guy is asking them why they are offering prayer here, rather go to a mosque. That namaazi guy came and slapped the taste bud out of him. Right or wrong, he should not have resorted to violence.

I condemned the first incident and you are doing 'Haha' on the 2nd one.

Class is evident :kp

I condemn that a progressive institute such as a University is not able to provide basic facilities to it's students.

This issue could've been avoided if the students had a university designated place to pray.

Your class is evident in your bias

The policeman is in power and was in the wrong, it's something you should obviously condemn.

The Gujrati boy had no business disturbing prayers. If they had an issue they should've taken it up with the university rather than trying to become a policeman. They went there looking for trouble.

There is a difference but your 'class' won't let you see it. Spot the difference is not your forte :salute

The Gujarati boy was asking security why this is being allowed.

The Afghan should have known that this isn't an Islamic nation.

I condemn that a progressive institute such as a University is not able to provide basic facilities to it's students.

This issue could've been avoided if the students had a university designated place to pray.

What basic facility?

The Gujarati boy was asking security why this is being allowed.

The Afghan should have known that this isn't an Islamic nation.

Security is a basic right. The Afghan should have know this is no progressive country like it portrays to be

Then these students can take admission in Islamic madarassa in neighbouring countries… where they can fulfill their wishes

Security is a basic right. The Afghan should have know this is no progressive country like it portrays to be

Following rules and not taking the law into your hands is basic duty. What did the Afghan expect when he hit an Indian?

May be he didn't realise that this wasn't tribal Afghanistan.

Following rules and not taking the law into your hands is basic duty. What did the Afghan expect when he hit an Indian?

Please don't say "when he hit an Indian", we're not superior to anyone else... it shouldn't matter who he hit, just the fact that he did hit someone.

Please don't say "when he hit an Indian", we're not superior to anyone else... it shouldn't matter who he hit, just the fact that he did hit someone.
Yes, all references to "Indians" should be replaced with "someone". Because only muslims deserve the right to be identified by nouns. Hindu indians only deserve indefinite pronouns.

Are there no laws in India that address assault?

When one doesn't mind their own business they can get hurt.

Then these students can take admission in Islamic madarassa in neighbouring countries… where they can fulfill their wishes
Is that why your government sponsored 1100 Afghans as per CJ? To call them over and then pelt stones at them.

They came for a 'progressive" education is shining India

Yes, all references to "Indians" should be replaced with "someone". Because only muslims deserve the right to be identified by nouns. Hindu indians only deserve indefinite pronouns.

Too many "people" are radicalised and it's time we stopped labelling people.

Looks like most posters here have no clue about hostel/college life.
These sort of fights are so common it’s not even worth discussing. I have never seen such fights come in news unless it’s for political reasons.

The only reason this one came in news was because of the religion angle spread by students playing the victim card after being the aggressor and then getting trashed.

College authorities should take action against those involved in the fight and if any outsiders were involved then police should take action against them.

Are there no laws in India that address assault?

When one doesn't mind their own business they can get hurt.

Yes, the foreigners will be prosecuted for assault. Don't worry.

This is their country and if a foreigner is going to break rules, abd then act macho, they will get hurt.

Is that why your government sponsored 1100 Afghans as per CJ? To call them over and then pelt stones at them.

They should know that they have to obey rules here and India isn't an Islamic country.

Yes, the foreigners will be prosecuted for assault. Don't worry.

This is their country and if a foreigner is going to break rules, abd then act macho, they will get hurt.

Rules don't apply only to foreigners, or at least they don't in most civilised countries. Laws must be followed and applied to whomever breaks them, whether foreign or local. This is the principle applied in western countries wherein I reside, if that is different in India then you may advise.

Looks like most posters here have no clue about hostel/college life.
These sort of fights are so common it’s not even worth discussing. I have never seen such fights come in news unless it’s for political reasons.

The only reason this one came in news was because of the religion angle spread by students playing the victim card after being the aggressor and then getting trashed.

College authorities should take action against those involved in the fight and if any outsiders were involved then police should take action against them.

A new angle has been raised.
Rules don't apply only to foreigners, or at least they don't in most civilised countries. Laws must be followed and applied to whomever breaks them, whether foreign or local. This is the principle applied in western countries wherein I reside, if that is different in India then you may advise.

There is something called instigation and self defence.

Foreigners started the fight, locals retaliated in self defence.

Alas it seems, and it hurts me to say this, but India is clearly not a civilised country or some of the posters here are uncivilised and give the world the wrong impression.

Alas it seems, and it hurts me to say this, but India is clearly not a civilised country or some of the posters here are uncivilised and give the world the wrong impression.

I think it's the right impression. Neither should we hold it against them, you wouldn't judge the lost tribes of the Amazon jungle by the standards of modern society.

We are beyond what others think of us. Let it not hurt you. See the world for what it is, and not what you want it to be.

I think it's the right impression. Neither should we hold it against them, you wouldn't judge the lost tribes of the Amazon jungle by the standards of modern society.

You are a wise man and your posts about culture and mob rule was spot on...

You have the right to hold any impression about us Indians and we have the right to not give a damn to it.

You have the right to hold any impression about us Indians and we have the right to not give a damn to it.
Yes he can say what he wants about us just like I can say what I think about us too... but you're wrong. We do care that's why you're here on PP to defend everything and anything to do with RSS/Rightwing extremism

Seems that the Afghan thought so. Like Afghanistan he can do whatever he wish. Seems he got some sense literally knocked into him.
But that's what should set us apart.
We can't be like them, we need to show we're civilised

Yes he can say what he wants about us just like I can say what I think about us too... but you're wrong. We do care that's why you're here on PP to defend everything and anything to do with RSS/Rightwing extremism
You would rather we were not here to defend and counter? I know it is hard work to answer difficult questions. Many posters just evade me.

My Urdu is almost non existent and at my age I don't have any inclination to learn it or even use google to translate it
Then you might be a pashtun? I would like to share my admiration for this qaum. I knew a Pakistani pashtun once. He hated hindus, but I liked him because there was some kind of innocence in his hatred, and was otherwise very friendly with me.

You would rather we were not here to defend and counter? I know it is hard work to answer difficult questions. Many posters just evade me.

Of course I would want everyone to be able to defend and counter.

But I never see any self analyses or critique from some posters when it comes to their country, only ultra nationalism

Then you might be a pashtun? I would like to share my admiration for this qaum. I knew a Pakistani pashtun once. He hated hindus, but I liked him because there was some kind of innocence in his hatred, and was otherwise very friendly with me.

Nope, I'm not a Pashtun either.
Father from Haiderabad, mother from Mumbai... born in Karachi and bought up in London. Still have family in both India and Pakistan

Of course I would want everyone to be able to defend and counter.

But I never see any self analyses or critique from some posters when it comes to their country, only ultra nationalism
It doesnt mean we don't self analyze. We just don't want to do it in front of those who are only looking for more ammunition for their agenda. Like Pakistani liberals hate when their criticism of their country is used by indians.

It doesnt mean we don't self analyze. We just don't want to do it in front of those who are only looking for more ammunition for their agenda. Like Pakistani liberals hate when their criticism of their country is used by indians.

One thing is for sure, the average Pakistani, whether liberal, left or right wing, hardly gives much thought to India.

This board see's some fantastic posters tearing into some Indian posters here but not because of any hatred or on a religious basis... it's because some of the Indian posters behave like they are like bots working for their government...

If these student wants to study in India, then they should follow India’s Law…
If Theses student goes for study in UAE, then they will follow Law

If these student wants to study in India, then they should follow India’s Law…
If Theses student goes for study in UAE, then they will follow Law
Law works both ways. It was a simple case of assault, the assaulted student should have filed a police complaint and filed charges against the guy that slapped him. Not show up with a mob and pelt and pelt the whole lot with stones. At least that's how it works in a progressive country.

Law works both ways. It was a simple case of assault, the assaulted student should have filed a police complaint and filed charges against the guy that slapped him. Not show up with a mob and pelt and pelt the whole lot with stones. At least that's how it works in a progressive country.
Give me one example of a progressive country where this is how it is done? Where someone who gets assaulted doesn't fight back and nicely goes to the cops first? I know it doesnt happen like that in US or UK.

Back