Dexter (TV Series) : Discussion Thread

deviously~fading~away

First Class Captain
Runs
What a show! I have only watched the first two episodes and have already got hooked to the show. The show asks you moral question which might cause some to cause an uproar but it makes sure you stayed glued to it. Whats the story? Simply put Dexter (the main character) is the serial killer of serial killers! As plain as that. The show gives you an indebth view on what goes inside the mind of a serial killer.

For more info on show-
Tv.com- Dexter (Link)

If you are a fan of thriller/dark films than this is the tv show for you. Any fans here? If you haven't watched it do watch the 1st episode (pilot) to get an idea of the show.

To download-
Torrent (link)

I have been watching this show, and it is very weird, I still have to see the last few episodes of Season 2 though. very interesting show, a must watch.

I've only just started watching it .... upto episode 5 of season 1 and must say I love it so far. I've been contemplating downloading the rest through bit-torrent but am wary as I feel like it's going to be a let down shortly ... simply because I had heard no buzz about the show and fear it may not be able to sustain it's charm long. So for now, I'll continue watching on a weekly basis and see how I feel after a few more eps.

nazimcricket said:
I've only just started watching it .... upto episode 5 of season 1 and must say I love it so far. I've been contemplating downloading the rest through bit-torrent but am wary as I feel like it's going to be a let down shortly ... simply because I had heard no buzz about the show and fear it may not be able to sustain it's charm long. So for now, I'll continue watching on a weekly basis and see how I feel after a few more eps.
get both seasons,trust me, you wont be disappointed !

This is now my favourite show.

I was gonna mention how good it was after merc mentioned he was watching series 1..

I already have both series downloaded and watched it back to back in marathon session over 2 weeks- a month ago.

Dexter is so cold and calculating- but there is something cool about him.

I could see ITK a mile off but couldnt see the truth about him - sad emotional ending.

His and Doakes chemistry was excellent in both series - will miss that.

Last edited:
from_da_lost_dim3nsion said:
get both seasons,trust me, you wont be disappointed !

I've decided to watch season one on pay-tv and download season two to view later on. Unfortunately my ISP caps my download limit and slows the bandwidth down if I exceed the quota :pissed: If it weren't for this limitation, I wouldn't hesitate!!

I finished watching Season 2 as well. A good season. I will miss Doakes.

I'm half way through episode 2 of season 1 and whilst I love the premise, the acting is rather wooden so far!

yes, other than dexter and rita ..the other characters are slower to get use to .. but script and acting improve by them as series progress.

Mercenary said:
I'm half way through episode 2 of season 1 and whilst I love the premise, the acting is rather wooden so far!
Just finished watching season 1 episode 11. Got left with a cliff-hanger!

deviously~fading~away said:
Just finished watching season 1 episode 11. Got left with a cliff-hanger!

Episode 12 is the best. Best twist in a series ever. it seems like you know everything already but the twist is astounding, and it is done in such a gentle way. I thought it was very beautifully done.

MCMLXXXII said:
Episode 12 is the best. Best twist in a series ever. it seems like you know everything already but the twist is astounding, and it is done in such a gentle way. I thought it was very beautifully done.

best bit was dexter showing off some martial arts skills to doakes surprise.

Although twist was a killer one!

MCMLXXXII said:

I just finished episode 12 today. I figured out who the killer was quite soon after we met him but the twist in the final I didnt get till he remembered his mum's hand!

MCMLXXXII said:
About to watch it now & will give my views about it tommorow

Ps- espisode 11 left me gaping wonder what 12 has in store...

About to watch it now & will give my views about it tommorow

Ps- espisode 11 left me gaping wonder what 12 has in store...
Watched the season finale and the twist was very (how can i say this)...twisty?! It was one of those rare moments where i just hadn't predicted what was to come & trust me i usually predict the "twists" within seconds in films & other tv shows. I was disappointed with ITK's death like Merc but rest of the characters make up for his loss!

Am watching season 2 currently (till episode 5). Don't know about you guys but i really like the whole 'police finding the bodies of the people dexter has killed so far'!

Am watching season 2 currently (till episode 5). Don't know about you guys but i really like the whole 'police finding the bodies of the people dexter has killed so far'!

Im upto episode 7 and I'm hoping to finish it off over the weekend. Dexter has managed to keep the quality up during the second season which is quite surprising.

The best thing in season 2 is Lila :D

Mercenary said:
Im upto episode 7 and I'm hoping to finish it off over the weekend. Dexter has managed to keep the quality up during the second season which is quite surprising.

The best thing in season 2 is Lila :D
Lila was a very good add, love her character- mixes so well with dexter's personality

The actress who plays 'Lila' is the daughter of the British actor Bill Murray who was in 'The Bill' and 'Eastenders' recently.

Mercenary said:
Him killing ITK was the worst piece of writing on the show so far

The author who wrote Dexter - as 3 books published and 4th one will be released in a few months. Although, after book 4..he doesnt have any more planned..yet!

In the scene where 'Debra' is tied up in the final episode of the first series and she awakes whilst the Dexter and ITK are fighting... in the book finale he overhears that Dexter is also a serial killer. Plus, Dexter in the first book kills way less people.

Season 3 will air in the autumn 2008..but that depends on the writer's strike!

Episode 6 name is Dex, Lies & Videotape! This is after Dexter gets caught on camera cleaning blood off his boat in episode 5- this show is so good that it should be made illegal in some countries! :p

I just finished season 2 and it was excellent! Season 1 was much better but Season 2 was really good too!

I read reviews of book 3 and it seems that it's a bit of a letdown, let's hope that the TV writers do a better job of season 3!

I think Im getting withdrawal symptoms, when's season 3 starting?

I'm seriously contemplating buying the books and reading them instead!

Mercenary said:
I think Im getting withdrawal symptoms, when's season 3 starting?

I'm seriously contemplating buying the books and reading them instead!
:))) i was thinking abt the same thing , feels like something is missing !!

lol Merc,

Dexter is gonna be shown on mainstream telly in the states(cbs) and uk(itv1) very soon- next few weeks.

it wont be the same on network TV. This would mean Deb's dialogs would be cut by half at least.

You guys are becoming addicts too. Go find a sponsor.

MCMLXXXII said:
it wont be the same on network TV. This would mean Deb's dialogs would be cut by half at least.

Unfortunately Lila's unavailable... :D

MCMLXXXII said:

As Toony said, Lila's unavailable so no luck there!

BTW am I the only one who's started thinking (in my head) in Dexters voice?

You guys seriously need to get help. Thinking in those voices now ... soon you will get the urge. This is really disturbing. And I am not even kidding.

I find this show to be really weird. It makes me sick at times, sick at my self because I like it and I root for Dexter in what he does. There lies the genius of the show, making you empathize with a serial killer. it raises a lot of questions though. Does it make what he does right if he does it to deserving people? 2 wrongs don't make a right. plus it would be one thing to kill villains like a super hero and another to kill people just for your own psychotic pleasure.

MCMLXXXII said:
You guys seriously need to get help. Thinking in those voices now ... soon you will get the urge. This is really disturbing. And I am not even kidding.

but we were :D

I tend to watch episodes back to back.

recently got round to watching Lost watched series 1,2 and 3 back to back and got absorbed in the character of Sawyer dunno why just did..

after that got round to watching dexter and felt an affinity with him.

MCMLXXXII said:

The scary part isnt thinking in his voice, it's when I'm thinking hold on I have a lot in common with this guy!!

MCMLXXXII said:
I find this show to be really weird. It makes me sick at times, sick at my self because I like it and I root for Dexter in what he does. There lies the genius of the show, making you empathize with a serial killer. it raises a lot of questions though. Does it make what he does right if he does it to deserving people? 2 wrongs don't make a right. plus it would be one thing to kill villains like a super hero and another to kill people just for your own psychotic pleasure.

That's the beauty of it.

Just finished season 1. Awesome show.

BTW, I have access to all the episodes on my college campus and will gladly upload individual episodes if someone is looking. I do have a bandwidth for outside campus downloading so I can't a bunch at once.

If you do have a request for a specific episode, let me know which upload site you'd prefer (I'll use megaupload by default).

BTW, this applies for many other shows also. As long as someone on campus has it, I can get speeds upwards of 10MB/sec on it so it'll take no time.

The most frustrating part of this show is that I am always rooting for him to get caught. But I know it won't really happen because then the show would basically end.

I just downloaded season 1 after reading the reviews here but not sure how to play it. Each episode has its own folder and is split into lots of zip files. Help would be appreciated

karachiite said:
I just downloaded season 1 after reading the reviews here but not sure how to play it. Each episode has its own folder and is split into lots of zip files. Help would be appreciated
unzip it with winzip and play in windows media player ! simple !
just click on any one of teh zipped file and it will unzip the whole thing for you !

Last edited:
you might have to use winrar. most of the time they are .rar files. Once you unRAR it, it will become a single playable file

kablooee87 said:
The most frustrating part of this show is that I am always rooting for him to get caught. But I know it won't really happen because then the show would basically end.

Yo I dont got your new cell, please PM me or something. we need to get together before midterms start.

kablooee87 said:

Why do you want him to get caught? :20:

I love this show,Michael C. Hall is excellent in the role.
He cracks me up with some of his of voice over asides.
Doakes makes me laugh as well.
Great cast.
I love his neatness as well :p

I love this series. The bloke is a murderer but we end up agreeing with him anyway! The ending was a bit too deux ex machina though, a bit too neat.

Robert said:
I love this series. The bloke is a murderer but we end up agreeing with him anyway! The ending was a bit too deux ex machina though, a bit too neat.
Totally agree. It just had a little too much sense of "the stars aligning" and everything working out.

Kablooee, could you please upload the first few episodes if you can?

I want to gets started on this show (megaupload is fine)

I haven't taken too much part in this post as you guys may have dropped a couple of spoilers along the way. Anyway, I've finished watching season 1 and am now completely hooked. Season 2 is currently being downloaded. Unfortunately my ISP slows down my broadband connection once I hit a certain limit each month, so I'm going to have to be very patient. Hopefully next weekend I'll start catching up.

Just caught up on season 2. Not a bad way to finish. Now I wish this writer's strike would hurry up and end so we can get into season 3!!

nazimcricket said:
Just caught up on season 2. Not a bad way to finish. Now I wish this writer's strike would hurry up and end so we can get into season 3!!
I have bad news for you bud.

The show is moving to CBS, network television. Like half the show is going to be censored out. And the studio will probably manipulate it to death.

kablooee87 said:
I have bad news for you bud.

The show is moving to CBS, network television. Like half the show is going to be censored out. And the studio will probably manipulate it to death.

That's a real shame. Oh well, won't be the first time a decent show has had it's guts ripped out or been canned.

It is not really moving, basically they are re-airing it on network television. This means the show will get more exposure and more money perhaps. It will continue to run on showtime with new episodes once the strike is over.

MCMLXXXII said:
It is not really moving, basically they are re-airing it on network television. This means the show will get more exposure and more money perhaps. It will continue to run on showtime with new episodes once the strike is over.

That's a good thing then. Network tv viewers can watch the censored version, while we continue to enjoy the originals on showtime. Wish this strike would end already.

I logged in only to tell everyone that I HIGHLY recommend this show if you like the genre of 'serial killers'. Download, beg, borrow or steal...but watch it :D

And while you are at it, also watch 'Prison Break' . First season is the best!

Anyone got any download links for the early episodes of season one? The ones above have expired already.

Shame, looks like a good show.

Dexter

Anyone on PP watch Dexter?

An incredible show made all the better this season by John Lithgow and WOW what a fantastic finale.

Yeah. I'm a HUGE fan. I'm not much into TV shows, but this one is probably one of the best ever! The season finale was really twisted. I was staring blankly into my laptop screen for a few hours after that. Lol.

No spoilers please!

OMG.. the finale was awesome....so sad in the end, but dex will be out for revenge next season

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody hell ! (pun intended)

That was a shocking end. This is one heck of a show. Best one on TV right now.

There are some interesting post-finale interviews online with the writers indicating the options they have open to them for next season. Going to be fascinating stuff.

I saw the name Dexter while checking guide couple of days ago. It was on Showtime but didn't bother as it looked like a series and I haven't watched it. Few days ago heard some promotion on radio also with Dexter memrobilia etc to be given out at some kind of screening and I was wondering are they like Ninja Turtles that you have stuff to give away

nazimcricket said:
There are some interesting post-finale interviews online with the writers indicating the options they have open to them for next season. Going to be fascinating stuff.
Mind sharing those interviews?

12thMan said:
I saw the name Dexter while checking guide couple of days ago. It was on Showtime but didn't bother as it looked like a series and I haven't watched it. Few days ago heard some promotion on radio also with Dexter memrobilia etc to be given out at some kind of screening and I was wondering are they like Ninja Turtles that you have stuff to give away

Most tv shows and movies have some form of memorabilia and Dexter is no exception. You can buy collector cards with autographs of the actors, bath mats with blood splatters on them, collectable character figures - all kinds of stuff. There are plenty of "wierd" guys like me out there who collect this type of rubbish. In my defence, my motivation is that I would like to have items (collectables, toys, sports memorabilia etc) which I can hand down to my kids as my own stuff from childhood never survived the various moves from country to country :)

Back