Eng v Pak: 4th test - Day 1 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetPakistan

Senior ODI Player
Runs
InsAllah we will play better this time! Let's also hope that rain stays away.Come on boys we still have faith in you.

pak win the toss and bowl first.

asif gets a 5-for in his first over. :D :D

I really dont expect Asif to do as good in this match...he's comming after an injury, and its a dead rubber, so people should really not expect a lot....

Asif seems like a guy who only performs when there is good reason to, meaning there is a reasonable score to defend or the match has importance. But this assesment is made by my limited observation of him, inshaAllah we will see a great performance.

I really do think we have hyped Asif way to much. It's almost indian like, with nehra, khan, balaji and pathan.

Lets not do the same to him as we did with Sami.

Salman_S said:
I really do think we have hyped Asif way to much. It's almost indian like, with nehra, khan, balaji and pathan.

Lets not do the same to him as we did with Sami.

ominous words salman. but wise nonetheless :)

I just think we are asking way too much of him.

Asif has only played a handful of test match, of which the majority were played on seamer friendly pitches. Add to that this is his first time in England, and he hasn't had a particularly impressive county season so far. You can see we are really asking too much.

I would be a lot more excited if Rana was playing in this test match. A prolofic performer for his county sides for the past two seasons.

Salman_S said:
I just think we are asking way too much of him.

Asif has only played a handful of test match, of which the majority were played on seamer friendly pitches. Add to that this is his first time in England, and he hasn't had a particularly impressive county season so far. You can see we are really asking too much.

I would be a lot more excited if Rana was playing in this test match. A prolofic performer for his county sides for the past two seasons.

Completely agree. There is too much pressure on Asif

offcutter said:
Asif seems like a guy who only performs when there is good reason to, meaning there is a reasonable score to defend or the match has importance. But this assesment is made by my limited observation of him, inshaAllah we will see a great performance.
Spam

Playing Sri Lanka in Srilanka and take more than half the wickets isn't good enough for you? PAk bartsmen scored only 170 + in that macth Pak won.

Last edited:
kashif77 said:
pak win the toss and bowl first.

asif gets a 5-for in his first over. :D :D

England win the toss and bat first, England are skittled for 125/10.
Asif's figures: ....O--M--W--R
Mohammad Asif 10--5--10--5

Pak bats the rest of day one and two and three scoring 1300/2 runs.

Hafeez 105 Bowled Hoggard
Farhat 125 Bowled Harmission
Younis 520 Not Out
Yousaf 560 Not Out

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
ShowStopper said:
England win the toss and bat first, England are skittled for 125/10.
Asif's figures: ....O--M--W--R
Mohammad Asif 10--5--10--5

Pak bats the rest of day one and two and three scoring 1300/2 runs.

Hafeez 105 Bowled Hoggard
Farhat 125 Bowled Harmission
Younis 520 Not Out
Yousaf 560 Not Out

and it's already 1310/2 :91: :91: :91:

dude. i think most of us are in the same boat as you,waiting for cricinfo to inform.

As it just me, but aren't the cricinfo comms really annoying.

Team news England remain unchanged while Mohammad Asif replaces Mohammad Sami

just heard the probables..i think pak is going with the same bowling attack with thre inclusion of asif in place of iqbal & hafeez & farhat in place of taufeeq & butt...

Brilliant stuff from Inzi :))). I think this is more suicidal than Ponting's choice to bowl at Edgbaston.

I would have batted first.

Try to put up a big total, then put the pressure on England. Kaneria would also get to bowl in the 4th innings.

Rob H said:
Brilliant stuff from Inzi :))). I think this is more suicidal than Ponting's choice to bowl at Edgbaston.

It wouldn't have been Inzi's decision entirely. Bob would have been involved along with Younis.

Maybe the pitch is a bit moist with the rain?

b0wld said:
just heard the probables..i think pak is going with the same bowling attack with thre inclusion of asif in place of iqbal & hafeez & farhat in place of taufeeq & butt...
Team news England remain unchanged while Mohammad Asif replaces Mohammad Sami. Mohammad Hafeez and Imran Farhat will open the innings

Imran Farhat, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Faisal Iqbal, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Asif, Shahid Nazir, Umar Gul, Danish Kaneria

Expected team

Last edited:
Rob H said:
there's no 3rd choice, dude. having loss the series already i guess this was a better option. let's hope :)

Rob H said:
This is not the 50s. Ever heard of a covered wicket :)))

Can water not seep through the covers? Besides, this is what I said, Rob mate.

Maybe the pitch is a bit moist with the rain?

Why are they about to show the 1996 encounter? Whens the game start?

Pak won toss and are BOWLING FIRST????? Did I hear right?

Oxy™ said:
A bit overcast - but they are starting on time. I'm sure it'll rain later

hey so not a bad coice to bowl first... the bowlers can get some good movement ... just hope asif & gul live up to their standards

Abdul Qadir 236 said:
sami dropped :O

Is it that suprising? Someone had to make way for Asif and Nazir and Gul both have bowled well.

hasnt stopped sami being picked in the past when he has been pathetic.
faisal is the new sami ;)

I can't believe Inzi has bowled first at The Oval, that is one of life's cardinal sins.

Suicidal from Pakistan's point of view. The Oval has always been a batsmen-friendly pitch and this pitch doesnt offer anything otherwise

The Oval looking at lovely as ever. The best test ground in England by a far. The new stand looks good suprisingly.

Faisal Iqbal is still in the team

Inzy bowls at the oval

This smacks of a betting scandal

alright maybe this time Pakistan won't put themselves behind the 8 ball from the get-go.

So here goes - Asif to open the bowling.

And starts with a beauty!

Kami Akmal will be under close scruitiny this inngs -

Asif makes a huge difference to the mak up of our side - but a lot of pressure on him.

Oxy™ said:
Kami Akmal will be under close scruitiny this inngs -

And he knows it too. This is going to be a pressure match for him IMO.

not to mention horrid team selection...btw how were asif's first 2 balls?

that's y inzi was spot on with the toss,.these lil interruption really messes batsmen concentration.

i dont understand how nephew can be kept in the side after two pairs or something

butt made 20 and got dropped!

Pathan007 said:
that's y inzi was spot on with the toss,.these lil interruption really messes batsmen concentration.

also ruins bowler's rythem

Did you really need 5 posts to say that, Pepsi?

Actually I think bowling first is the right call. Aside from the weather conditions it takes pressure off our openers. And we all know that pressure is something our openers can't handle.

hello143 said:
This goes to show the defensive mindset of Inzi by bowling first on this pitch .

Asalaam alikum Wr Wb Brothers;

How is it defensive mindset ?. Yes it's true going by history that the oval ground is generally very good for batting from day one onwards but good quality fast bowlers have also had their share of success. I think some brothers forget that there have been some showers the previous day and conditions at the moment are overcast with possibility of further showers at midday.

It's not a suicide decision. Please bright up guys ! :19:

Afridi. MoYo and Shoaib haveing a good laugh at something-looks like they are looking at my parodies of Darrell Hair....

Pepsi™ said:
oh yes, why are pakistan freaking BOWLING?

because the toss has proven to be irrelevant in the past at oval...

stats are in last 10 games when captains have won the toss 2 games have been won by team batting first and two lost by teams batting second, the rest have been draws...also, last time paks played at oval in 1996 england batted first yet the paks won the game...i think same also happened in 1992. this time around the conditions also favour bowling.

so enough of this rubbish about bowling first. GET OVER IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back