Eng v Pak: 4th test - Day 1 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bilsher007 said:
Asalaam alikum Wr Wb Brothers;

How is it defensive mindset ?.
It's not a suicide decision. Please bright up guys ! :19:
We love to bash - any excuse reqd!

Pakistan is bowling ,no worries a little shower will only help the seamers(moisture)

IMMY69 said:
because the toss has proven to be irrelevant in the past at oval...

stats are in last 10 games when captains have won the toss 2 games have been won by team batting first and two lost by teams batting second, the rest have been draws...also, last time paks played at oval in 1996 england batted first yet the paks won the game...i think same also happened in 1992. this time around the conditions also favour bowling.

so enough of this rubbish about bowling first. GET OVER IT

dude stats don't matter ANYTHING to me, and neither should tehy to anyone else. its whats happening right now. i can see how inzi is bowling but its a sweet track for batting.

Oxy™ said:
We love to bash - any excuse reqd!

Yes. Just think, if it wasn't for our love for bashing, how popular would this forum be?

Last edited:
2 balls and 2 beauties

0.2 Mohammad Asif to Trescothick, no run, brilliant line mere inches away from Trescothick’s offstump who shoulders arms
0.1 Mohammad Asif to Trescothick, no run, outside his offstump and Trescothick just pulls inside the line, passing the outside edge and through to the wicketkeeper. Excellent start

Pepsi™ said:
dude stats don't matter ANYTHING to me, and neither should tehy to anyone else. its whats happening right now. i can see how inzi is bowling but its a sweet track for batting.

Yes but taking stats into consideration helps you control what's happening right now.

I think it would have been a suicidal decsion if Inzi would have batted first in Overcast conditions.

hello143 said:
This goes to show the defensive mindset of Inzi by bowling first on this pitch .

England 0/0 (0.2 ov)
Pakistan
Pakistan won the toss and elected to field first

Match delayed by rain - Day 1 England RR 0.00

Minimum overs
remaining today 89.4
Full scorecard

Hours of play: 11am start, Lunch 1-1.40pm, Tea 3.40pm-4pm, Close 6pm
Current time: 11:16 local, 10:16 GMT

Batsmen R B 4s 6s SR
ME Trescothick (lhb) 0 2 0 0 0.00 striker
AJ Strauss (lhb) 0 0 0 0 - non-striker

Bowlers O M R W Econ
Mohammad Asif (rfm) 0.2 0 0 0 0.00 (0nb, 0w)

Recent overs . .

Current partnership 0 runs, 0.2 overs, rr: 0.00 (Trescothick 0, Strauss 0)

11.11am
More covers coming onto the pitch I’m afraid, not a pretty sight but we remain confident it’s just a passing shower. And no sooner had I written that last sentence, the rain stopped. The umpires are ambling out onto the ground to have a chat with the groundsman, so…we’ll keep you up to date.

In the meantime, has anyone heard of the Australian equivalent of the Barmy Army known as the Fanatics?

“Thank you very much for excellent text coverage,” Andrew from South Africa says. “I remember in the good old days listening to Radio 3 commentators chatting when it rained. Do you think you could do the same?” Well, we can certainly do our best Andrew, although can’t promise to match, or indeed re-enact the famous Test Match Special chortler between Brian Johnston and Jonathan Agnew. We’ll keep you amused though, or at least try. You can amuse us, too, by emailing your musings.

And that's it for now. Two balls, that's all we can give you as the rain starts falling quite heavily. Looks like it's a short shower, so we shouldn't be delayed too long. Pakistan's fielders aren't yet leaving the pitch, clearly waiting to see if the rain will pass...but they eventually decide to seek cover.

0.2 Mohammad Asif to Trescothick, no run, brilliant line mere inches away from Trescothick’s offstump who shoulders arms

0.1 Mohammad Asif to Trescothick, no run, outside his offstump and Trescothick just pulls inside the line, passing the outside edge and through to the wicketkeeper. Excellent start

When play is resumed i am sure Pakistan will strike england hard INSHALLAH with asif leading from the front. :19:

I guess Faisal Iqbal is just always going to be in the team.

No matter how crap he plays, no matter how many ducks or failures he gets. A batting version of Sami we have here! Both from Karachi as well.........just a coincidence though.

qasim722 said:
I think it would have been a suicidal decsion if Inzi would have batted first in Overcast conditions.
Confused: some saying SUICIDE to bat 1st; soome saying SUICIDE to bowl 1st :20: :20: :20:

Oxy™ said:
Confused: some saying SUICIDE to bat 1st; soome saying SUICIDE to bowl 1st :20: :20: :20:
he should've elected for Strauss to make the decision

Hash said:

No matter how crap he plays, no matter how many ducks or failures he gets. A batting version of Sami we have here! Both from Karachi as well.........just a coincidence though.
Javed Miandad claims that he has always been unbiased towards Faisal Iqbal,. :D :D

All covers are off! Groundstaff doing some final touches to the oufield before play starts in under 15 mins.

Jokes aside, how many wickets do we need in the first session. I'll keep it short and hope that Pakistan can pick up a wicket in the first 15 overs.

Just out of curiosity. Who would you guys have played instead of Iqbal?

yea I agree with the Afridi choice. The extra bowling option probably tips it in his favour IMO.

Hash said:

Exactly.

He got a Golden Duck 1st innings and 12 the second innings. He's had about 6 innings to prove himself.

Afridi has had 3. Nonsensical move to keep Afridi out for Iqbal.

Pepsi™ said:
Jokes aside, how many wickets do we need in the first session. I'll keep it short and hope that Pakistan can pick up a wicket in the first 15 overs.
5... and i think v can achieve them if farhat in not placed in the slips

EDIT: Players coming out

Last edited:
Razzak not selected...i think the feud b/w him & inzi has collected a lot of grass

Listening to TMS, Hair admitted that he got the Pietersen decision wrong as he thought it hit both legs.

b0wld said:
5... and i think v can achieve them if farhat in not placed in the slips

That's optimistic to say the least. Something like 3 would be great. 5 would be amazing.

Rob H said:
Listening to TMS, Hair admitted that he got the Pietersen decision wrong as he thought it hit both legs.
I misheard him them. I' sure he said 'Hahahahahhaha'

Beautiful over by Mo Asif. Hopefully Gul and Asif combo produces the type of spell they produced versus India in the ODIs

It is frustrating at times when I think how many times our bowlers have beaten the bat but have not got an edge...

Good start by Gul - what Pak have to do is make an early breakthrough - it just hasnt happened so far in this series.

Pace & hostility from Gul - hits Tresco on the chest.

And now movement off the seam - fine legside take by Kami. He's looking more assured. Hopefully Kamis nightmare has come to an end.

Both Gul and asif have started well, we need both bowlers to work with each other and maintain pressure. no buffet sami balls please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back