Eng v S.L [3rd test] - Trent Bridge

Superbly bowled doosra by the wizard to dismiss Jones.

52.5 Muralitharan to Jones, OUT, Six down! flighted doosra outside off stump, Jones charges down the track and tries to drive, beaten by the flight and the doosra, completely foxed by Muralitharan and Sangakkara fumbles with collecting the ball but whips off the bails, Jones well short of the crease

Aggresion being shown by Malinga to the batsman - Bouncer that hurt him!

Bouncers can't get Collingwood out. All he will do is duck them, although vs Pakistan Collingwood got out twice to a short ball, pulled away to Fine Leg, to be caught.

zMario said:
Bouncers can't get Collingwood out.

vs Pakistan Collingwood got out twice to a short ball, pulled away to Fine Leg, to be caught.

Ala Pakistan hve never won the world cup, although they beat england int he 1992 final

khanpuri said:
Ala Pakistan hve never won the world cup, although they beat england int he 1992 final
What are you talking about? I am talking about the test series in Pakistan vs England that we won 2-0.

New hair style for Malinga - 2nd test he looked like a kaloo who braided his hair back (Or whatever its called, im not kaloo i wouldn't know!), and in the 3rd test he looks like Andrew Symonds!

Typical English grit shown from Collingwood here. It may not be pretty but it's effective. He is showing why he is in the team. It's a bit like his innings at Nagpur where he stuck around with the tail for a while then exploded.

Rob H said:
Typical English grit shown from Collingwood here. It may not be pretty but it's effective. He is showing why he is in the team. It's a bit like his innings at Nagpur where he stuck around with the tail for a while then exploded.
I remember that innings, brilliant to me, that!

HAFRIDI said:
Whats the pitch like lads? playing up? or poor batting
as the weather gets hotter and hotter then cracks in the pitch are widenin causing the balls to scuttle low or shoot up on the batsmen. It's tough batting at the moment.

Great ball by Jayasuriya, its bowled Liam Plunkett, HE HAD NO IDEA WHERE THE BALL WENT!

:)))

Important breakthrough because that was beginning to be a very frustrating partnership.

We are teaching the arogant English a lesson in how to play cricket once again!

184 for 7 now England. If we can get them for less than 200 that would put us well on top. COME ON!!

Hash said:
:)))

Important breakthrough because that was beginning to be a very frustrating partnership.

We are teaching the arogant English a lesson in how to play cricket once again!

184 for 7 now England. If we can get them for less than 200 that would put us well on top. COME ON!!
You Sri Lankan?

A very determined innings from COllingwood thus far

Needs to keep going after tea If England are to take a nice lead!

UJ said:
A very determined innings from COllingwood thus far

Needs to keep going after tea If England can take a nice lead!

Indeed. A bit like Dravid's innings against the mighty West Indies yesterday. Thankfully Dravid failed in his attempt to 'keep going'. Hopefully we will see the same happen to Mr 3-0. :19:

191 for 7...still 40 behind. We need these last three wickets ASAP and then get some runs on the board and set the English a target of 250+.

The English tail is not much....but if they can take heart from Vaas, Malinga and Murali yesterday with the bat, then anything is possible!!

UJ said:
The English tail is not much....but if they can take heart from Vaas, Malinga and Murali yesterday with the bat, then anything is possible!!
Well Lewis is a hander striker of the ball but Monty..... Lets just say he isn't the cleanest hitter in the world.

191-7, Tea.

Hoggy needs to stick around with Collingwood, and he is fully capable of doing this.

New ball taken. Vaas and Malinga to share it.

Why has Maharoof not bowled even a single ball? Is he injured?

Mr 3-0 LBW to Vaas for 48

England 196 for 8

Beautifully bowled by Vaas. Colly goes for a patient 48, England 196-8 (83)

New ball does the trick!

If srilanka can give a target of anything more than 240,shud be a winniing total here!

Rob H said:
Well Lewis is a hander striker of the ball but Monty..... Lets just say he isn't the cleanest hitter in the world.
doing a good job so far. So much for the Sri Lankan lead.

The legend Hoggard, caught at slip off Murali. Twas ze Doosra.

Didn't think Hoggy edged that, poor decision from Hair. He must have forgotten it was Murali bowling and gave it out before he realised.

Ah well, IT'S JONTY TIME

Malinga breathes a sigh of relief as he escapes being taken apart by Panesar

SL 7/1. Congratulations to openers for getting an opening partnership greater then 5.

Seriously is it that hard to keep your bat close to your pad, leave no gaps and not play away from your body while the ball is new.

Also personally i havent played matches with hard ball only in nets and there i dont have much experience of the ball swinging around, anyway i take the Afridi route and look to smash the ball round so i cant comment personally. Any others here play for team what do you think ?

28-1

Sangakarra and Tharanga looking quite solid.

6.2 overs remain in the day, hopefully we will be able to survive without the loss of another wicket.

Harder than it sounds ;-)

But he can't just keep bat next to pad regardless of what the ball is doing because Hoggard could then just slant the ball across him a bit and he edges it to slip. Vandort just isn't patient enough and Hoggard was good enough to expose it. He had blocked the previous couple of deliveries without too much fuss but the next ball was a little wider and his eyes lit up at what he thought was a boundary ball and he paid the price.

Big Mac said:
Harder than it sounds ;-)

But he can't just keep bat next to pad regardless of what the ball is doing because Hoggard could then just slant the ball across him a bit and he edges it to slip. Vandort just isn't patient enough and Hoggard was good enough to expose it. He had blocked the previous couple of deliveries without too much fuss but the next ball was a little wider and his eyes lit up at what he thought was a boundary ball and he paid the price.

What are pp'ers on these days? I want some!!! :p

Michael Vandorts hundred in the last test:

105 runs, 396 minutes, 303 balls, at an unbelievable strike rate of 34.65.

Last edited:
Agree completely with the rest of your post, though.

Well yeah, should have written 'wasnt' instead of 'isn't' but you could get the idea.

45/1 at stumps, totally been Sri Lanka's day today.

Good stuff by the Lankans. Before this series, everybody was expecting a white wash of them but they have responded very well and are in a good position at stumps again.

good fight back by sr lanka hopefully they can bat well tmoz and set england 250+ atleast to win.

Sri Lankans have shown that you need to have a few Seniors in the team, when you play England in England: Presence of Jaisuriya in the team together with Vaas and Murali has made the difference in the moral, even if Jaisuriya did not score many runs...That is why presence of Inzi and may be Mushy on the field will be very helpful for Pakistan...

We have been bloody AWFUL for the last 4 sessions and completely deserve to be in this position. I still think there's a chance of an England victory if the Lankan's batting flops again and we are left with a gettable 4th innings target (which would require a much improved batting display) but still, I must say what an absolute heap of cack this performance has been up to now.

If we play like this against Pakistan and Australia, the most fun game will be guessing just how many runs/wickets we are going to lose by. 9 wickets? 250 runs?

Back