England (158/3) secure a 7-wicket victory against Pakistan (157/10) in the fourth T20I to win the series 2-0

Which side will win today's match between England and Pakistan?

• Total voters
Everyone in this team is playing for their own spot, there is no unity at all, multiple groups, each trying to one up each other and in the end bringing down the whole nation with them

Felt like IPL final.

Unevenly matched teams. England looks good to defend their T20 title once again.

Just waiting for the Babar "we were 10 runs short" line.

Pakistan is in a nothing to lose situation. They are ranked 6th in the world. POor squad selection. Conservative captain. May be they will pull off some surprises (mainly due to their bowling)

Even now my voice will not be heard by many who are egotistical but I will keep repeating till the ends of time, and what I've been saying since the very first day I have come here.

1) Babar’s form declined since 2022, he is not the Bobby of 2016-2021, and even Bobby of 2016-2021 is more of an odi and test no 3 then a t20 player.

2) Rizzu is not the greatest wicket keeper bat for Pakistan, he's a fraud and a legside hack who has only 2 onside shots, which is the inside out drive and the jab to onside. 2014-2017 Sarfraz is superior to him granted sarfi declined 2018 onwards and became finished.

3) Shadab isn't an allrounder, he's a tailender and a very very poor bowler.

4) Chacha is not a finisher, he at his best is a minnow basher and at his worst is a fraud aka iftimania.

5) Imad wasim 5 fer against Ireland and sarfi's 100 against Ireland were not to dismissed a minnow bashing, you guys overrate our team when we are just slightly above Ireland level, both those games were list had it not been for these 2.

6) Azam isn't a keeper, nor is he a batsmen, I don't know what happened to the poster who was telling me this fat man can bat and that I don't understand cricket lol.

Although I was wrong about Naseem Shah, that's my bad and I'm an idiot for claiming he could be the future Glenn mcgrath, that was idiotic of me.

For me match ka mujrim is Babar Azam and Mohsin Naqvi for forming a horrible team

Nasser tearing into Pakistan. Not pumping them up for once
He is taking a dig at that unpredictable tag. Pakistan bowling is the one who gives them this unpredictable tag. They can be lethal in some days. Pakistan batting is always predictable.

He is taking a dig at that unpredictable tag. Pakistan bowling is the one who gives them this unpredictable tag. They can be lethal in some days. Pakistan batting is always predictable.
No doubt we are predictably rubbish with our batting approach

Best players aren't in form, returning players aren't performing and the new faces haven't clicked either.
Our goose looks cooked, getting out of our group is probably the best we will do.

Pitches in WC 2023 was also expected more flat and they were. But there were some tricky pitches in between.

You only need to get down on one or two of those pitches and you're out of the tournament.

Any team can lose a T20 match & any can win one on their day . All it takes is 2 players from a team to do something crazy , while the rest chip in with both bat & ball .

The difference is England have 11 players who can turn a match atm . Pakistan have 2-3 max .

I’ve watched every Pakistan icc tournament since 92 . This team has talent like others in the past , they have issues like those before too but they are utterly clueless of how to play T20 cricket in 2024. Unless you can come in & hit sixes cleanly from the start , wrong format for such batting . It’s like giants , strong men v fragile guys .

Tbf to the team , they have become politicised & it’s not the best preparation if you have to do silly dinners & photoshoots with the Pakistani mayor of London to help others political ambitions.

If Pak players were playing for England, they’d be twice as good .

Babar Azam in Post match ceremony said:

"In the first 6 overs, we played very well but after I got out, momentum shifted to England as wickets fell and the middle order failed.

England bowled well, they didn't give you easy balls to hit, so you need to take more chances, and we need to work on this going into the World Cup.

There are a lot of positives; we played better in the power plays, and we played good cricket in patches. However, we need to be more consistent."

"In the first 6 overs, we played very well but after I got out, momentum shifted to England as wickets fell and the middle order failed.

England bowled well, they didn't give you easy balls to hit, so you need to take more chances, and we need to work on this going into the World Cup.

There are a lot of positives; we played better in the power plays, and we played good cricket in patches. However, we need to be more consistent."
Yeah we saw how well you played in first 6 overs in comparison to England

Babar “I am never the problem” Azam

Besharam Kaptaan

In summary "I played well. Others didn't " :) Too many words to say this.

One of Fakhar or Rizwan will have to bat at 5, Unless a middle order Batsman is drafted in.

No other way around it with this squad.

Something like this:

1. Saim
2. Babar
3. Usman
4. Fakhar/Rizwan
5. Fakhar/Rizwan
6. Imad
7. Iftikhar

This is the only way to make the middle order somewhat good.

Last edited by a moderator:
England beat Pakistan by seven wickets in the fourth and final T20I of the series at the Oval on Thursday to take the series 2-0. Both teams wrapped up their preparations for the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 by warming up in the two T20I games at the Oval and Edgbaston while the games at Cardiff and Headingley were washed out.

In pursuit of the 158-run target Jos Buttler and Phil Salt walked out all guns blazing as they hammered the ball to all parts of the ground. The duo ransacked 78 runs in the powerplay as Salt hit five fours and two sixes while Buttler belted five fours and one six.

Haris Rauf removed Salt (45, 25b, 6x4s, 2x6s) in the 7th over and Buttler (39, 20b, 7x4s, 1x6) in the 9th over to England cruised to 102-2 at the halfway mark. Haris returned in the 11th over to dismiss Will Jacks with a searing yorker (20, 18b, 1x4, 1x6) who had hit him for a six a ball before.

In the following over Jonny Bairstow belted Shadab Khan for two consecutive sixes to keep the run-rate abreast. An unbeaten 46-run fourth-wicket partnership between Brook (17 not out, 14b, 1x4, 1x6) and Bairstow (28 not out, 16b, 1x4, 3x6s) took England home with 27 balls remaining and seven wickets in the bag. Rauf was the lone wicket-taker for Pakistan.

Earlier, after England invited Pakistan to bat first, the opening batters Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam put on a solid 59-run partnership hitting eight fours and a six. Jofra Archer drew the first blood for England as he removed Babar (36, 5x4s, 1x6) on the last ball of the powerplay.

In the seventh over, Adil Rashid rattled Rizwan’s stumps who departed after scoring 23 off 16 balls with the help of three fours. England managed breakthroughs at regular intervals as the spin duo of Moeen Ali and Adil Rashid eked out the vital scalps of Fakhar Zaman (9, 9b, 1x6) and Shadab Khan (0, 1b) respectively leaving Pakistan 84-4 at the halfway mark.

Azam Khan copped a five-ball duck in the 11th over. Usman Khan, in his breezy knock of 38 off 21 balls, smacked three boundaries and two sixes. Liam Livingstone delivered a double-wicket maiden dismissing Usman and Shaheen Shah Afridi as he left Pakistan reeling at 126-7 after 15 overs.

Iftikhar Ahmed (21, 18b, 2x4s) and Naseem Shah (16, 18b, 1x4, 1x6) pushed Pakistan past the 150-run mark before England wrapped up Pakistan’s innings for 157 all out in 19.5 overs. For England Rashid, Livingstone and Mark Wood bagged two wickets each. Archer, Moeen and Chris Jordan struck once apiece.

England and Pakistan will now fly out to the Caribbean and USA respectively to kick off their T20 World Cup campaigns.

Scores in brief:

England beat Pakistan by seven wickets

Pakistan
157 all out, 19.5 overs (Usman Khan 38, Babar Azam 36, Mohammad Rizwan 23; Liam Livingstone 2-17, Adil Rashid 2-27, Mark Wood 2-35)

England 158-3, 15.3 overs (Phil Salt 45, Jos Buttler 39, Jonny Bairstow 28 not out; Haris Rauf 3-38)

Player of the match – Adil Rashid

PCB

1. Rizwan
2. Babar
3. Usman
4. Fakhar
5. Saim ayub
6. Imad wasim
7. Salman ali agha
8. Azam khan
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Rauf
11. Abbas Afridi

Keep more batters till 9... nomatter how many good bowlers you will keep... opposition will always find way to score 200+

Besharam Kaptaan
Tbf to Bobby he played well today. Theirs no point in comparing his initiative to a class act like butler and salt. Even then England bowlers are leagues > pakistani bowlers so England also just had an easier time in general

Glorifying RizBar won’t do much for this team either. We will be a crap team until we develop dynamic middle-order batsmen and decent spinners.

For the most part of the last decade our problems were openers and quality pacers. We've solved those so I have hope that we can solve the middle order woes and the spin problem too. Hopefully they play Abrar in the WC and if one more middle order batter finds form, we will have a decent line up. Azam needs to be dropped for Salman Agha who can be our dedicated number 5.

For the most part of the last decade our problems were openers and quality pacers. We've solved those so I have hope that we can solve the middle order woes and the spin problem too. Hopefully they play Abrar in the WC and if one more middle order batter finds form, we will have a decent line up. Azam needs to be dropped for Salman Agha who can be our dedicated number 5.
No no, keep playing shadab at no 5. No need to take my suggestion for agha, After all he ain't a better allrounder then Shadab.

Pakistan can only excel against minnows
Those days are coming to an end as well. I think everyone would agree that Ireland have a decent chance vs Pakistan and I wouldn’t be surprised if USA takes the game to Pakistan as well.

Pakistan certainly carries no fear factor anymore. None of the minnow teams will be intimidated by Pakistan.

Those days are coming to an end as well. I think everyone would agree that Ireland have a decent chance vs Pakistan and I wouldn’t be surprised if USA takes the game to Pakistan as well.

Pakistan certainly carries no fear factor anymore. None of the minnow teams will be intimidated by Pakistan.
Well, you can thank Babar Azam’s decision to take Pakistan to new heights for that

Well, you can thank Babar Azam’s decision to take Pakistan to new heights for that
I am just waiting for Amir to get smashed by Ireland and USA. He really thought he was going to be a hero for Pakistan on his return and win matches for the team.

I am just waiting for Amir to get smashed by Ireland and USA. He really thought he was going to be a hero for Pakistan on his return and win matches for the team.
And I’m waiting for the end of the World Cup. You know what’s going to happen then.

And I’m waiting for the end of the World Cup. You know what’s going to happen then.
I do.

Amir and Imad will both retire again after doing nothing on their returns and proving that it was a waste of time.

This is what happens when you fill your team with TTFs like Azam, Ifti, Shadab, Amir. Too many deadweights.

There is absolutely nothing in this side, shy of Saim Ayub, that is worth watching. If Saim fires, we might win a game or two. But with everyone else, even if they have the best day of their careers, we’ll still lose the game. That is how low their ceiling is.

The lack of talent in this team, particularly in Babar Azam, is downright embarrassing. Zimbabwean batsmen probably have more talent than this team.

This is what happens when you fill your team with TTFs like Azam, Ifti, Shadab, Amir. Too many deadweights.

There is absolutely nothing in this side, shy of Saim Ayub, that is worth watching. If Saim fires, we might win a game or two. But with everyone else, even if they have the best day of their careers, we’ll still lose the game. That is how low their ceiling is.

The lack of talent in this team, particularly in Babar Azam, is downright embarrassing. Zimbabwean batsmen probably have more talent than this team.
2007 Zimbabwe washes this team 100-0. That team pulled an upset against Classic Australia and was genuinely really really really good.

It's hilarious when people compare babar to the old gen and claim he's objectively the greatest of all time. The standards of the old are way way too much for the new.

Only current India of 2023, And 2015 Australia vs classic Australia would be a juicy encounter. Oh and current England is obviously > Old England which ain't nothing special as well as current NZ > Okd NZ.

Otherwise classic Sa, Australia, Zimbabwe, Pakistan and frankly any team not counting England and NZ washes the new gen.

2007 Zimbabwe washes this team 100-0. That team pulled an upset against Classic Australia and was genuinely really really really good.

It's hilarious when people compare babar to the old gen and claim he's objectively the greatest of all time. The standards of the old are way way too much for the new.

Only current India of 2023, And 2015 Australia vs classic Australia would be a juicy encounter. Oh and current England is obviously > Old England which ain't nothing special as well as current NZ > Okd NZ.

Otherwise classic Sa, Australia, Zimbabwe, Pakistan and frankly any team not counting England and NZ washes the new gen.
Our standards are so low that we don’t even expect daddy hundreds or a quick 80(35).

We’ve made Babar the official Abbu of Pakistan only the back of a string of 40 ball 50s.

I would rather lose with players that show intent like Saim, Haris, Usman, Rizwan (to an extent) than the likes of Babar who is eternally satisfied with hypocritical mediocrity.

And then we have absolute failures for batsmen in Shahab, Iftikhar and Azam Khan who will never, ever, ever become batsmen of substance. I swear even current Zimbabwe does not bank on such hapless and hopeless players.

Our standards are so low that we don’t even expect daddy hundreds or a quick 80(35).

We’ve made Babar the official Abbu of Pakistan only the back of a string of 40 ball 50s.

I would rather lose with players that show intent like Saim, Haris, Usman, Rizwan (to an extent) than the likes of Babar who is eternally satisfied with hypocritical mediocrity.

And then we have absolute failures for batsmen in Shahab, Iftikhar and Azam Khan who will never, ever, ever become batsmen of substance. I swear even current Zimbabwe does not bank on such hapless and hopeless players.
Mate our acc team captained by Muhammad haris murdered a nesr full strength Afghanistan team that ended up butchering 2023 Pakistan.

2023 Pakistan

1) Abdullah
2) Imam
3) Babar(c)
4) Rizwan(wk)
5) Saud
6) Chacha
7) Shadab
8) Nawaz
9) Shaheen
10) Rauf
11) Naseem

Acc 2023 Pakistan

1) Shabzada farhan
2) Saim Ayub
3) Omair Bin Yousaf/ Kamran Ghulam
4) Tayyab Tahir
5) Qasim Akram
6) Muhammad Haris (C)(WK)
7) Mubashir Khan
8) Mehran Mumtaz
9) Sufiyan Mustakeem
10) Amad Butt
11) Arshad Iqbal

Acc 2023 has aggressive batsmen that even if one clicks game is won with only kamran or Omair being accumulators while 2023 Pakistan has all accumulators and shadab and nawaz being tail?

Pace bowling of acc sucks but sufiyan, Mehran, Qasim and mubashir all bowl better then every spinner in 2023?

Pur domestic teams have players desperately trying to improve and constantly improving because they come from poverty and this is their only chance to get rich and famous, they don't have the luxury of relaxing and chilling, their doing their best to improve and work with local coaches, local coaches are also trying to improve as they wanna coach internationally and in leagues because they too come from poverty.

Our main team is a boy band club excluding fakhar that is. Muhammad Haris was a brilliant captain, anyone who watched acc would realise how good he was, 24/7 aggressive, no non sense captain and he even kicked dhani who was playing in international at the time out of the team cause he sucked whereas pur Bobby sucks shadab off 24/7

One of Fakhar or Rizwan will have to bat at 5, Unless a middle order Batsman is drafted in.

No other way around it with this squad.

Something like this:

1. Saim
2. Babar
3. Usman
4. Fakhar/Rizwan
5. Fakhar/Rizwan
6. Imad
7. Iftikhar

This is the only way to make the middle order somewhat good.
U adding Ifthikhar this line up will lose against Canada B team

Iftikhar and azam khan have no place in this team now. They are beyond repair. Shadab is not a batter, keep that in mind, PCB and Babar.

TBH we have no batter in this squad to replace Iftikhar. only solution I can think of is to play Imad instead of azam khan. ABrar in for Shadab. there is no body to replace Iftikhar atm, sadly. We are 1 batter short.

Pakistan has looked like a poor side in these games. They might turn up for the tournament, but there are more warning signs than usual, and we could be about to witness a flop.

Usman looked encouraging. Disappointed he didn’t open.

Shadab looked horrible and the experiment up the order should end. I think he should be dropped entirely, imad is just better in every way right now.

I’ve changed my mind on Azam. I thought there was some talent there, but the guy is absolutely horrible against pace. He actually looked scared against it. Keeping I’ve always thought was terrible and was again awful. Needs to go from the side immediately. It’s embarrassing enough playing someone with such bad fitness, it’s a bad example for the rest. We don’t have enough batsmen in the squad, but even Saim middle order is better. This guy is a liability, he costs more runs than he produces.

Bowling attack don’t know what to do about it. Shaheen looks like the only good bowler.

It's true that Pakistan are now down to rank 7 in T20Is after yet another series defeat to England.

But Pakistan have never beaten England in a T20I series.

And after 3 series of experimenting, have Pakistan learned anything

I say yes. Pakistan can finally settle on a playing XI by a process of simple elimination.

Naseem, Shadab and Azam Khan just don't deserve their spots in the final XI and that should clear up much of the confusion with regards to what the best XI is.

This series loss could just end up being the blessing in disguise that PCT needed and augurs well for the coming World T20.

Besharam Kaptaan
You will never be happy...until Riz and Babar and who ever that you dont like.

It's true that Pakistan are now down to rank 7 in T20Is after yet another series defeat to England.

But Pakistan have never beaten England in a T20I series.

And after 3 series of experimenting, have Pakistan learned anything

I say yes. Pakistan can finally settle on a playing XI by a process of simple elimination.

Naseem, Shadab and Azam Khan just don't deserve their spots in the final XI and that should clear up much of the confusion with regards to what the best XI is.

This series loss could just end up being the blessing in disguise that PCT needed and augurs well for the coming World T20.
Pak won a series in Eng in 2016 1-0

IMG_3900.png

Last edited by a moderator:
He is the one who is always using this unpredictable team tag most of the times. Then he blasts them for being unpredictable.

There are 6 batsmen ahead of him, so Pak lose to Canada then blame those ahead him.

Silly to be targeting the guy at 7.
The guy doesn’t even perform in past matches yet keep getting selected with the same excuse that above players not performing is just pathetic. Of course we will blame the guy who only performs in domestic yet 🥚 in international. Players above him at least had a match winning inning. Bring me one match beside Nepal we won cause of Chacha. He already proved to his fan base that he is worst Thn khushdil. Ex: NZ home and away series, Ireland and now England. Yet you’re keep selecting him.

The guy doesn’t even perform in past matches yet keep getting selected with the same excuse that above players not performing is just pathetic. Of course we will blame the guy who only performs in domestic yet 🥚 in international. Players above him at least had a match winning inning. Bring me one match beside Nepal we won cause of Chacha. He already proved to his fan base that he is worst Thn khushdil. Ex: NZ home and away series, Ireland and now England. Yet you’re keep selecting him.
I'm not going to argue about what a no. 7 batsman has played a match winning innings.

I'd be satisfied with him hitting a score of 20 from 7 balls and that's all he needs to do.

I'm more concerned about the opening combo and the middle order up to 5.

I'm not going to argue about what a no. 7 batsman has played a match winning innings.

I'd be satisfied with him hitting a score of 20 from 7 balls and that's all he needs to do.

I'm more concerned about the opening combo and the middle order up to 5.
Sorry we don’t need that 20 from 7 ball call himself a fake finisher. 20 from 7 is a big expectation. He will hit one 6 and get out next ball. We don’t need useless players like that in our line up

Rizwan
2. Babar
3. Usman
4. Fakhar
5. Saim ayub
6. Imad wasim
7. Salman ali agha
8. Mohammad Haris
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Rauf
11. Amir

Any one who selects Chacha. Is clueless about Pakistan cricket and needs to go back 2-3 series back and re watch Pakistan series against NZ ire England. Specially t20 WC 2022 against England.

Sorry we don’t need that 20 from 7 ball call himself a fake finisher. 20 from 7 is a big expectation. He will hit one 6 and get out next ball. We don’t need useless players like that in our line up.
I'm not wasting time arguing about a no. 7

Absolutely ridiculous

Don’t select him if you can’t defend a guy who hasn’t perform.
It's not about defending him, it's about arguing for a no. 7 spot batsman is absolutely silly.

Far bigger problems up the order.

Simple logic.

Back