England (183/7) beat Pakistan (160) by 23 runs in the 2nd T20I to go up 1-0 in the 4-match T20I series

Which side will win today's match between England and Pakistan?

• Pakistan will win

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • England will win

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
This is a 160-165 team, on a good day 175 tops, don't see them going anywhere with Shahdab for sure.

This is a 160-165 team, on a good day 175 tops, don't see them going anywhere with Shahdab for sure.
Batting is very poor, too many passengers and Babar taking no responsibility to fix it.

May be Pak Fauj need to send their own team, they are everywhere so why not cricket as well. Their only comrade in the team is the only one showing some spine. Joke aside, we have run out of miracles and years upon years of not investing in our infra has finally caught up, there is a new team to challenge WI of 90s/00s

Why keep giving shadab chances again and again. Give some chance to Abrar.. and get proper batsman

Any other team would have chased this quite comfortably. Pakistan gave away too many soft wickets. Happens when half of your team wouldn’t make it to 2nd XI of any decent side
True.
This lot is pathetic, with paper king leading from the front. Gotta feel for the fans in the stadium.

He gave more of a show than Rizwan, Shadab and Azam tbf.

Those sixes were the most the fans celebrated all night.
I don't want a show...I want a match winner like the days of old...Razzaq, Afridi and Azhar Mahmood...this clown is not even a poor man's Mo Hafeez of Shoaib Malik!

I don't want a show...I want a match winner like the days of old...Razzaq, Afridi and Azhar Mahmood...this clown is not even a poor man's Mo Hafeez of Shoaib Malik!
We need to to pick from what's available.

We don't have Razzaq etc anymore

We need to to pick from what's available.

We don't have Razzaq etc anymore
I already gave you what's available.

Theirs an entire domestic set up, and an entire acc emerging cup set up and many many more talented players who are missing just to support the kakul camp of which the b string is hasebullah?

I already gave you what's available.

Theirs an entire domestic set up, and an entire acc emerging cup set up and many many more talented players who are missing just to support the kakul camp of which the b string is hasebullah?
Chacha is better in the lower order than all the alternatives that have been named.

That's the reality.

Rona band karo, And take back your shadab is our best allrounder, Babar Sher and babar world class arguments you've made and all this stop pretending to be an expert.

I don't like constantly going game by game and reminding you kei kya sach hai aur kya ghalat hai

Chalo you got your best case scenario today. Your favourites performed somewhat and Pakistan still lost. Abb shabash cake kato

Even the likes of Asif Ali, who I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, has had a couple of man-of-the-match performances...Chacha, bar his 100 against Nepal, has not had a single one in recent memory...

"Our bowlers bowled well, but our batting was lacking. Our top four is flexible and decided before each match. Fakhar was impressive. Imad is a clever bowler, and Shadab is one of our best. Our team is mostly settled ahead of the World Cup."Babar Azam :rolleyes:
🗣

Chalo you got your best case scenario today. Your favourites performed somewhat and Pakistan still lost. Abb shabash cake kato
I got my best case scenario the last time you went on your PAKISTAN HAR GYA course.

Either way it'll always be win win for me because

A) Pakistan will win against minnows amd that's where ba/riz may perform but again its a hollow victory and frankly just embrassing for you to flaunt it, just like the whole Ireland thing was embrassing to boast about for 2-1.

B) If Pakistan does beat bigger teams fakhar and imad will be at the helm, this has been the case since 2017( previously shaheen as well when he was inform)

Excluding the 2019 NZ game, when it cones to cups and series against A string sided, Either fakhar bats through + Shaheen and inad perform or Pakistan fails as babar sher, Rizzu bradman, And shadab our greatest allrounder won't do a damn thing.

As I said each game is a best case scenario because against top sides, Babar, Shadab, Chacha and rizzu will not and cannot ever perform and win. Its either fakhar, imad and shaheen with the others contributing a bit, or nothing.

Hopefully you don't make claims such as our bowling is at fault and not our batting or Misbah saved multiple careers and ba/riz was our best combo etc etc again.

Babar Azam needs to improve his strike rate and also needs to improve his post match interviews. We have been listening to such things for some time now.

"I think our bowlers bowled very well. Our batting had moments but we were not close to finishing well. If someone scored 40 or 50 then I think we'd have definitely have won this game.

"Mostly we are flexible and everyone knows their role. Before the series we decided to go with these roles, so we're clear. The way Fakhar dominated after the early wickets fell. I think if me and Fakhar had batted for four or five more overs, then we could have won."

Babar Azam needs to improve his strike rate and also needs to improve his post match interviews. We have been listening to such things for some time now.

"I think our bowlers bowled very well. Our batting had moments but we were not close to finishing well. If someone scored 40 or 50 then I think we'd have definitely have won this game.

"Mostly we are flexible and everyone knows their role. Before the series we decided to go with these roles, so we're clear. The way Fakhar dominated after the early wickets fell. I think if me and Fakhar had batted for four or five more overs, then we could have won."
Spot on

Jos Buttler after his player of the match performance and winning the match.

"I thought there were some great performances from everybody."

"You always want to be playing well. I feel like I'm hitting the ball well, which is great."

On Archer's return: "I thought he was brilliant. you can see the emotion, taking wickets again, is fantastic. He's not just going to be the Jofra Archer of old straight away, but a really positive performance. It's absolutely trying to get overs into Jofra but looking after him as well. I thought the whole bowling group was brilliant."

Athers praises Pakistan comeback
Sky Sports' Michael Atherton:

"I think Pakistan will be pretty happy as for a long time it looked like England were going to push 200, particularly when Will Jacks was going so well. Jos Buttler also played magnificently.

"But as Pakistan so often do in the last five or six overs, they came back into it. The way England's batters mistimed the ball suggests it may not be as easy as you think if you take pace off the ball."

Even after knowing chasing team have 0 success rate in this ground, Babar Azam elected to bowling 1st.
Butler was also going to do the same.

The gap is way too high. It doesn't matter who bats and bowls first. England stomps either way.

The pitch was such that it became more and more difficult to bat as the ball got older.

England won cause

A) Fielding, Archer especially was gun.

B) Utilising the PP, Jacks, Butler and salt deserve full credit.

C) They had no weak links as bowlers, Archer even after a fakhar beating ended up with wickets and was economical, shows his insane class and speed. Pakistan meanwhile use Shadab lololololo.

D) Also credit to Butler for showing his class. His innings made the difference. Alot of people today called his innings slow and medicore, they have no clue how difficult the pitch was, 160 was par here, 180 was 20 overscore. No way Pakistan were chasing it given their pedestrian lineup, Credit to falhar for not causing a massive humiliation of 40+ runs lol

Pakistan captain Babar Azam in post match presentation expressed his thoughts in following manner:

"We had our moments with the bat"

"I think our bowlers bowled very well and in the batting we had our moments, but we aren't close to finished.

"We had a small partnership, me and Fakhar. If someone had kicked on to a fifty, if we'd have batted two or three more overs, it might have been a different ball game."

Pakistan captain Babar Azam in post match presentation expressed his thoughts in following manner:

"We had our moments with the bat"

"I think our bowlers bowled very well and in the batting we had our moments, but we aren't close to finished.

"We had a small partnership, me and Fakhar. If someone had kicked on to a fifty, if we'd have batted two or three more overs, it might have been a different ball game."
What moments? All I saw was fakhar.

Like is babar acknowledging the middle and lower orde sucks?

Why are Babar/Fakhar not opening?

Other than Bab/Riz these 2 seem to have really good chemistry.

It's worth a try surely?

If they are still insistent on having Saim in the side send him in at 4/5 and give him a go there.

Azam needs to go, Usman in.

Babar
Fakhar
Usman
Rizwan (wk)
Saim.

Not an ideal top 5 but based on what we have is like to see this.

I got my best case scenario the last time you went on your PAKISTAN HAR GYA course.

Either way it'll always be win win for me because

A) Pakistan will win against minnows amd that's where ba/riz may perform but again its a hollow victory and frankly just embrassing for you to flaunt it, just like the whole Ireland thing was embrassing to boast about for 2-1.

B) If Pakistan does beat bigger teams fakhar and imad will be at the helm, this has been the case since 2017( previously shaheen as well when he was inform)

Excluding the 2019 NZ game, when it cones to cups and series against A string sided, Either fakhar bats through + Shaheen and inad perform or Pakistan fails as babar sher, Rizzu bradman, And shadab our greatest allrounder won't do a damn thing.

As I said each game is a best case scenario because against top sides, Babar, Shadab, Chacha and rizzu will not and cannot ever perform and win. Its either fakhar, imad and shaheen with the others contributing a bit, or nothing.

Hopefully you don't make claims such as our bowling is at fault and not our batting or Misbah saved multiple careers and ba/riz was our best combo etc etc again.

No that's where you are wrong as it just goes to show that when Babar or Rizwan have a poor game we tend to lose. The other match winners might win us 1/10 games

Minnowstan fully exposed against the full member teams. Babar vastly over rated and a poor captain. Sami Ayub thrives against minnows. Minnowstan will not make it past the second round, and could possibly exit after the first round. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

No that's where you are wrong as it just goes to show that when Babar or Rizwan have a poor game we tend to lose. The other match winners might win us 1/10 games
Yeah just like your shadab is our best allrounder excuse, this argument will end in tears.

In 2022 wc, Babar and rizwan didn't perform at all, only in the semi final aka 1 game out of many.

Yet Pakistan still got to the finals without them minus one game. For SA game, for Bangladesh game these guys were non factors. Heck even for India game had we won it wouldn't be because of them, but obviously Bobby had to introduce Nawaz lol over imad.

In 2023 wc, the NZ game was won single handidely by fakhar, the Sri lanka game was both Abdullah and rizwan, not just rizzu.

In 2017, Babar went unnoticed throughout the tournament, Hafeez, Fakhar were the mvp's.

The one time Pakistan won a tournament and the one time they reached a final, rhe team proved these 2 aren't needed to get you over the line but fakhar 100% is.

Again keep making make arguments, I'll keep shutting them down. Atm you're defeated, Take a breathe, Recorupriate and come back later. Not long until the next game and the next beating.

Shadab cost pakistan the match.Equally Iftikhar has to take some of the blame shouldn't have played that shot after hitting a six.

Unfair on Babar Azam to unleash a close to full strength English attack on him like this.

He would have probably looked forward to scoring a pretty 65 (50) against the likes of Luke Wood, Gleeson and Saqib Mahmood which usually is his MO.

Shadab cost pakistan the match.Equally Iftikhar has to take some of the blame shouldn't have played that shot after hitting a six.
Pakistan may have won if it wasn't for shadab but don't let that fool you, if Pakistan won it would only be because of fakhar . Without him the side was all out of 90 of 110?

We're really wasting a spot in having Azam in wk spot. Rizzy should take the gloves and let Usman come in.

My Team for the World Cup would be:

1) Rizzy
2) Usman
3) Babar
4) Fakhar
5) Sami
6) Imad
7) Chacha
8) Shaheen
9) Amir
10) Naseem or Haris
11) Abrar

It's not a team that will win the World Cup but the best of a poor squad picked with little middle order options. Sami can't really open so give him chance in the middle order. The alternatives are Shadab or Azam so that's why we have a really poor squad for the middle order.

Even after knowing chasing team have 0 success rate in this ground, Babar Azam elected to bowling 1st.
Hes afraid that his and buddies cannot post a defendable target and neither he has any idea on what a suitable score is so he just lets the other team do their thing and hopes they score low.

Hes afraid that his and buddies cannot post a defendable target and neither he has any idea on what a suitable score is so he just lets the other team do their thing and hopes they score low.
Butler also said he was going to bowl just saying

Some players are going to get exposed really badly in the coming worldcup. Lets see what are the long ranging impacts.

Pakistan competed well throughout the match . A couple of improvements in selection & some good fortune will see them compete in the T20 World Cup. If you believe in the project & keep improving , you’ll win series & tournaments. @Mamoon . How many ICC tournaments will Pakistan win this decade ?

Pakistan competed well throughout the match . A couple of improvements in selection & some good fortune will see them compete in the T20 World Cup. If you believe in the project & keep improving , you’ll win series & tournaments. @Mamoon . How many ICC tournaments will Pakistan win this decade ?

Not sure I am seeing the same picture. I thought England were there for the taking, they didn't really impress me that much. They still have an admirable aggressive attitude, but their batsmen don't really look convincing. I don't think they would have given India much trouble today. Aus, NZ and SA also look better.

England win after Buttler's Edgbaston blitz​

Shaheen Shah Afridi and Imad Wasim’s excellent bowling figures, along with Haris Rauf’s impressive return to competitive cricket, were overshadowed by Jos Buttler’s sparkling half-century as England defeated Pakistan by 23 runs in the second T20I on Saturday.

Shaheen, Imad and Haris shared all seven England wickets between them and limited the hosts to 183 after the home side, put into bat, had raced to 96 for one at the halfway stage and 144 for three after 15 overs.

Fakhar Zaman then led Pakistan’s fightback with a signature 45 but lacked support from the other end as the visitors ended up at 160 in 19.2 overs. Fakhar’s 21-ball innings included five fours and three sixes. Together with captain Babar Azam (32, 26b, 4x4), Fakhar put on 53 runs for the third wicket off 28 balls.

After Babar departed, leaving Pakistan at 67 for three in 8.1 overs, the visitors lost Shadab Khan (three), Azam Khan (11) and Fakhar to slip to 100 for six in 12.3 overs. Iftikhar Ahmed (23, 17b, 1x4, 2x6) and Imad Wasim (22, 13b, 2x4, 1x6) put on 40 runs for the seventh wicket, but the target continued to get stiffer with every over.

For England, Moeen Ali, who dismissed opener Mohammad Rizwan in his opening over and then accounted for Babar, finished with two for 26, while Reece Topley was the pick of the bowlers with three for 41. Jofra Archer, returning after almost a year, picked up the wickets of Azam and Imad, finishing with two for 28.

Earlier, Shaheen Shah Afridi returned figures of 4-0-36-3 and Imad Wasim had analysis of 4-0-19-2 as England managed only 39 runs in the last five overs for the loss of four wickets to finish at 183 for seven.

Haris Rauf, playing his first match in nearly three months, also bowled well to finish with figures of 4-0-34-2.

England’s total revolved around skipper Jos Buttler’s punishing 84 that came off 51 balls and included eight fours and three sixes. Buttler reached his 23rd half-century from 34 balls with five fours and two sixes.

Buttler and Will Jacks, who scored a 23-ball 37 with four fours and two sixes, put on 71 runs for the second wicket off 42 balls. For the third wicket, Buttler and Jonny Bairstow (21, 18b, 1x4, 2x6) added 48 runs from 29 balls.

After Bairstow departed at the score of 144 for three in 15 overs, Pakistan bowlers took control of the proceedings as Imad conceded five runs in the 16th over, Amir gave away eight runs in the 17th over, Haris went for seven runs in the 18th over, and Shaheen picked two wickets for five runs in the 19th over. Amir’s final over yielded 14 runs.

Scores in brief

England beat Pakistan by 23 runs

England 183-7, 20 overs (Jos Buttler 84, Will Jacks 37, Jonny Bairstow 21; Shaheen Shah Afridi 3-36, Imad Wasim 2-19, Haris Rauf 2-34)

Pakistan 160 all-out, 19.2 overs (Fakhar Zaman 45, Babar Azam 32, Iftikhar Ahmed 23, Imad Wasim 21; Reece Topley 3-41, Moeen Ali 2-26, Jofra Archer 2-28)

Player of the match – Jos Buttler (England)

1st T20 – abandoned without a ball being bowled

3rd T20I – 28 May, Cardiff

4th T20I – 30 May, The Oval, London

Not sure I am seeing the same picture. I thought England were there for the taking, they didn't really impress me that much. They still have an admirable aggressive attitude, but their batsmen don't really look convincing. I don't think they would have given India much trouble today. Aus, NZ and SA also look better.

Imad only really troubled them. If they can hit spin for sixes , they’ll be tough to beat . Very professional outfit

This was a disappointing batting performance. Players kept throwing wickets away. Including Saim, Babar, Shadab and Iftikhar.

Iftikhar seems to lack brain. Sorry to say but he does seem that kind of player. He's such a senior member now but still somehow he can't calculate risk.

Yeah just like your shadab is our best allrounder excuse, this argument will end in tears.

In 2022 wc, Babar and rizwan didn't perform at all, only in the semi final aka 1 game out of many.

Yet Pakistan still got to the finals without them minus one game. For SA game, for Bangladesh game these guys were non factors. Heck even for India game had we won it wouldn't be because of them, but obviously Bobby had to introduce Nawaz lol over imad.

In 2023 wc, the NZ game was won single handidely by fakhar, the Sri lanka game was both Abdullah and rizwan, not just rizzu.

In 2017, Babar went unnoticed throughout the tournament, Hafeez, Fakhar were the mvp's.

The one time Pakistan won a tournament and the one time they reached a final, rhe team proved these 2 aren't needed to get you over the line but fakhar 100% is.

Again keep making make arguments, I'll keep shutting them down. Atm you're defeated, Take a breathe, Recorupriate and come back later. Not long until the next game and the next beating.

Yes go ahead shutdown arguments by nitpicking performances and leaving out the ones that don't suit your agenda. You included an ODI WC when were discussing t20s and left out the 2021 t20 WC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes go ahead shutdown arguments by nitpicking performances and leaving out the ones that don't suit your agenda. You included an ODI WC when were discussing t20s and left out the 2021 t20 WC. Your bias is on full display today. I think you should worry more about Australia than PCT.
What agenda? I ask again.

Did you claim shadab is our best allrounder? Yes or no? To which I responded.

What did you mean when you claimed the words " No matter what I say Babar will finish as the greatest pakistani batsmen of all time"

^^ Again what is the context? Are you claiming he's objectively the best or statistically?

As for t20, I included the t20 2022 t20 world cup and the world cup 2023 as their recent tournaments but sure let's include 2021.

Again I ask, What is the discussion? What's the premise you wish to convey? Are we talking about babar's performance in 2021? The team performance? What exactly?

As for bias, Again what does that mean? What do you consider biased? I consider you biased when you claim The words and I quote " for me Misbah is a legend"

^^ Key words you verbatim said for me.

Them I consider you biased when you use the words babar sher, the informality itself entails a clear bias.

Do you consider me biased for supporting sarfi era which fakhar, imad are the major benefactors?

Again you gotta be more clear fam.

Finally it's not just Australia, I'll happily support Nepal team over Pakistan, I don't choose top teams for the sake of winning. I hate Pakistan due to political factors not due to it being a subpar unit.

But same can be said with buttler.
I was responding to the above question. By no means do I think Pakistan was the better team. My response is catered towards exposing the reality of how poor the team is without fakhar which has been the case since 2017

Iftikhar seems to lack brain. Sorry to say but he does seem that kind of player. He's such a senior member now but still somehow he can't calculate risk.
100% clueless from an experienced campaigner.whilst shadab was the main issue why we didn't win but Iftikhar should be also at fault.

I was responding to the above question. By no means do I think Pakistan was the better team. My response is catered towards exposing the reality of how poor the team is without fakhar which has been the case since 2017
Fakhar is the only genuine power hitter who can bat long and continue attacking.

Fakhar is the only genuine power hitter who can bat long and continue attacking.
Fakhar is less of a power hitter and more of a player who loves getting big scores by batting long and deep and at a respectable sr.

Today's power hitting and NZ 60 ball 100's are outliers. Don't get me wrong I'm not attacking him, infact he's the only player in the dugout along with abrar and imad wasim that I give a damn about,

But he's mostly akin to saeed anwar level players where they don't bash from ball one. You'll never see a butler 45 ball 100 from him but you will see a monster unbeatable score from fakhar especially in odi.

Similar players who have shared this trait are pointing, Kumar samgakara and many others. But he's not really a gilchrist or Travis head like player.

Fakhar is less of a power hitter and more of a player who loves getting big scores by batting long and deep and at a respectable sr.

Today's power hitting and NZ 60 ball 100's are outliers. Don't get me wrong I'm not attacking him, infact he's the only player in the dugout along with abrar and imad wasim that I give a damn about,

But he's mostly akin to saeed anwar level players where they don't bash from ball one. You'll never see a butler 45 ball 100 from him but you will see a monster unbeatable score from fakhar especially in odi.

Similar players who have shared this trait are pointing, Kumar samgakara and many others. But he's not really a gilchrist or Travis head like player.
I disagree I think in the same mold as Head.

I disagree I think in the same mold as Head.
Fakhar never goes gun blazing from the start like head does.

How many times have you seen fakhar go fun blazing? 2x in his whole career with one being today

Yes go ahead shutdown arguments by nitpicking performances and leaving out the ones that don't suit your agenda. You included an ODI WC when were discussing t20s and left out the 2021 t20 WC.
Bro you gotta stop this babar is world class because he top scored in 2021 wc. You even went so far as to ask me if babar sher isn't world class then what is.

Any player can have one good tournament. Tamim Iqbal and Joe root scored the highest and 3rd highest in 2015/2016 t20 world cup, so are tamim and root world class t20 players?

First of when you claim babar is world class for Pakistani standards so he's world class what does that even mean? Brian musabada is world class for Uganda standard, Steven Taylor and Corey anderson are world class for USA standards?

Every top team has multiple players better then babar and that's an objective fact.

Australia: Warner, Head, Maxwell.

India: Kohli, Rohit, Sky(t20), Sheryas(Odi)

England: Butler, Salt, Jacks

NZ: rachin, Williamson, finn Allen, Mitchell etc etc.

Sa: quinton, Klaseen, makram etc etc

Do you even know what world class entails before you call him babar sher? Or when you claim I'm nitpicking and deliberately not including world cup 2021, did you gotget its babar's innings of 39 of 34 that crippled us? He left us at 70 for 2 at the 11th? And fakhar had to pull above his weight at 55 of 32 to save the innings.

What about Asia cup 2022 where rizwan and misbah's buddy chacha performed for 55 of 49 and 32 of 31? Chasing 157?( Srinlanka bowled 11 wides before ball 1).

At his age he's probably got dementia. Can't really blame him if his mental faculties are letting him down.

Back