England (183/7) beat Pakistan (160) by 23 runs in the 2nd T20I to go up 1-0 in the 4-match T20I series

Which side will win today's match between England and Pakistan?

• Pakistan will win

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • England will win

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
how long will we have to endure Shadab. Might as well give Saim 4 overs and end the ordeal.

It's nuts to me that Shahab finished his over before Imad Wasim, who's bowling so well.

These are poor players of spin yet Shadab can't bowl. Abrar is another accurate spinner like Imad ,play him yaar Babar Shadab is unwatchable

Duckett at no. 4 against spin will be fire

Exactly. Buttler is the only one who can take on the ball spinning away. On a slow Caribbean surfaces , I can see Ashton Agar/Zampa duo absolutely strangling this lineup. Duckett with his powerful sweeps and left handed ness will give them flexibility.

Imad at 35 years of age still bowling as good in this format as he has been for Pakistan. Pleasure seeing him bowl for Pakistan again.

What a spell Imad has had. Incredible really.

He certainly loves playing in England & UAE.

It's nuts to me that Shahab finished his over before Imad Wasim, who's bowling so well.
Shadab should never have completed his quota.

Babar’s desperation for Shadab to do something is going to cost the team.

"Out of retirement and into the wickets" Nasser Hussain

England bowlers are equally capable of bowling rubbish. Bowling is not England's strength. There is hope for Pakistan.

Agree, England aren't a great side these days, but they won't give the free runs Pakistan did. This is a 180 pitch.

These are poor players of spin yet Shadab can't bowl. Abrar is another accurate spinner like Imad ,play him yaar Babar Shadab is unwatchable
You know the only way Buttler can be sure to attempt to switch yet it on two consecutive balls is if he knows that a) the ball is spinning only in one direction and b) that the ball is coming at near 100kph. That's the only way and Buttler is a smart lad.

Shadab with experience of taking most T20I wickets for Pakistan. Doesn't know that he can vary the pace? Astonishing.

2-19 off 4 overs

Imad made sure he has the last laugh amongst his teammates while they went at over 10 an over.

You know the only way Buttler can be sure to attempt to switch yet it on two consecutive balls is if he knows that a) the ball is spinning only in one direction and b) that the ball is coming at near 100kph. That's the only way and Buttler is a smart lad.

Shadab with experience of taking most T20I wickets for Pakistan. Doesn't know that he can vary the pace? Astonishing.
Atm Shadab is only thinking about landing the ball on a length something he still can't do.
He's been finished for a while now

babar needs to start giving importance to imad he's a decent bowler enough of giving the ball to friends

A left arm spinner imad wasim did so well on this pitch but even then we didn't bowl a single over of saim ayub and kept on bowling shadab who was bowling trash

"Pakistan seamers have bowled in the slot too often." Nasser Hussain

J0Pvxdc.png

I'm sure babar don't even understand fielding positions.He is so so terrible captain.

A left arm spinner imad wasim did so well on this pitch but even then we didn't bowl a single over of saim ayub and kept on bowling shadab who was bowling trash
At least we got to know what it would be like if Shadab has to bowl 4 overs against a decent team in WT20. (Unless the pitch is a turner in Caribbean or something where he might bowl a little better).

This is one of the reasons why I’ve always vouched for Imad.

How this guy has haters is simply beyond me.

Pakistan have reigned it in last couple of overs. Smart crafty stuff from both Amir & Imad.

Slower balls have been difficult to hit. May be a touch slow this pitch. imad Wasim also bowled loopy ones

Haris is relaly fortunate to end up at less than 10 an over and to pick up 2 wickets

I think the haters aren't necessarily for his cricketing performances but rather his extracurricular's

England may have slowed down in the last 15 balls leading to the 19th ov, but if they get 180+ they'll feel confident of defending that.

Remember he wasn't dropped from T20Is for his lack of performances. I don't think that ever happened. He was dropped during Ramiz's era for Nawaz when Rameez used to say that how Imad is a spinner if he cannot turn the ball.

Very good comeback for Haris Rauf in the end:

1st over: 17 runs
Last 3 overs: 17 runs and 2 wickets

Rauf gets Butler!

Overall, a really good first game back from Rauf. Economy under 9 and gets 2 wickets. Considering expected scores of 200+, having an economy below 10 at this point is good and really, he was quite excellent in his overs after the powerplay.

I don't quite understand why Pakistan keep using him in the powerplay though... that was the entire issue in the WC. He was good outside of PP but would get absolutely plundered in the PP. Just use him after PP and death overs.

One part of the ground is longer and it's against the wind if you try and hit it. It's good that Pakistan are looking to restrict England below 190-200. Because that itself won't be an easy chase here.

Full tosses aren't always easy to hit. Let's try to keep them to about 180 from here.

Problem is that we'll be short a batsmen.
Not that I want Shadab in the team..
Yea. But I think it's time. The team overall will do better with Abrar in place of Shadab. Despite lack of batting from Abrar.

Problem is that we'll be short a batsmen.
Not that I want Shadab in the team..
Maybe Shadab should be used more as a part time bowler and Saim and Chacha should be given more overs.

Sam Curran is much better than Chris Jordan. Is there a carribbean quota in England team? :yk

Shaheen hasn't been at his best today but still takes 3 wickets.

Back