England Under-19s v Bangladesh Under-19s at Sleaford - Aug 7, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bang U19's currently 211/2 from 41 overs.

Great partnership for the 3rd wicket.

Sensible approach, just like Pakistan yesterday.

226/3 after 43.4 overs, should get to 280 here.

244/4, another bites the dust

269/4 after 48 overs. English kids taken to the cleaners again

Really good performance by Ban U19...

Bangladsh are not a minnow at U19 level

Bangladesh 286/4 (50).

England need 287 to win, well good Luck.

Excellent Century by Musaddek Hossain , 110 of 113 balls.

286 is a massive Total.. But the way England Batsmen chased against our U19's yesterday.. they might have a chance to pull this off

10-15 runs short at the end. Dont understand why Shanto batting at 6. he was opened the inn against SL U19 recently. Its a decent total. Should be able to defend this.

10-15 runs short at the end. Dont understand why Shanto batting at 6. he was opened the inn against SL U19 recently. Its a decent total. Should be able to defend this.

This is a very good total, If your bowlers bowl decently England wont even get close

:)) at those who thought Bangladesh would be a walkover. Bangladesh are probably the best team in the tournament.

So that's what happens when England just fills English players. Bangladesh looks likely to become a force in Cricket with the youngsters they are producing. This is apparently their weakest under-19 team to date and yet they are competitive. I heard this youngster Mussadek Hossain is the next Shakib Al Hasan even better.

U19s are a different class to their national team.
Why not get the U19s playing against senior sides instead of the rubbish senior bangla side? can't do worse. :yk

U19s are a different class to their national team.
Why not get the U19s playing against senior sides instead of the rubbish senior bangla side? can't do worse. :yk

This rubbish Bangladesh side is likely to surpass our old side very soon. If I'm not mistaken we only beat them last time out by only 21 and 2 runs.

So that's what happens when England just fills English players. Bangladesh looks likely to become a force in Cricket with the youngsters they are producing. This is apparently their weakest under-19 team to date and yet they are competitive. I heard this youngster Mussadek Hossain is the next Shakib Al Hasan even better.

Lols, this is the classic old saying. How many U19 wc have Bangladesh won with their stronger teams? Bangladesh have just crushed England in England so just be happy.
And yes Mosaddek looks like a good allround cricketer but too early ti compare him with Shakib.

Lols, this is the classic old saying. How many U19 wc have Bangladesh won with their stronger teams? Bangladesh have just crushed England in England so just be happy.
And yes Mosaddek looks like a good allround cricketer but too early ti compare him with Shakib.

Fool! Rahim, Tamim, Shakib and recently Nasir, Anamul, Gazi and Mominul were all use to be part of Bangladesh's under-19 system and now look at them. If my memory serves me right this Bangladesh team last year beat us and came below them.

How come Bangladesh have great U19 sides and then crash out when they come play at the top level?

Fool! Rahim, Tamim, Shakib and recently Nasir, Anamul, Gazi and Mominul were all use to be part of Bangladesh's under-19 system and now look at them. If my memory serves me right this Bangladesh team last year beat us and came below them.

yes they did beat us, but that was a meaningless match, we didnt play our best side in that match...

Our U19 team wasnt that bad in the World cup, they lost a very close match to World champs India U19 in QF after that there was basically nothing left to play in that world cup, plate matches are basically dead rubbers,

That being said Bangla are quite good at U19 level they beat Eng U19 team 5-2, recently lost to SL 2-3

Last edited:

I dont think this is their weakest side this must be their weakest u19 side which lost to Afghanistan last year:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/567257.html

I never rated this Under 19 team but they have beaten England, competition will be between Pakistan and Bangladesh.

yes they did beat us, but that was a meaningless match, we didnt play our best side in that match...

Our U19 team wasnt that bad in the World cup, they lost a very close match to World champs India U19 in QF after that there was basically nothing left to play in that world cup, plate matches are basically dead rubbers,

That being said Bangla are quite good at U19 level they beat Eng U19 team 5-2, recently lost to SL 2-3
]

lol excuse!!! doesn't really matter since head to record between Ban and Pak youths is 5-5.

I dont think this is their weakest side this must be their weakest u19 side which lost to Afghanistan last year:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/567257.html

lol need to do your research. That match against Afghnaistan wasn't official and had several of their first team players missing i.e. Anamul Haque who destroyed the Pakistani team at the under-19 World Cup last year :p

nice try but fail.

That's all you can say since you have sour grapes :)

How many under-19 world cups the bigger teams (top 8) first then the rest silly :p

Nice try but won't fall for it.
Bangladesh has a good u19 side but if it is as good as you claim it to be (according to you the current one is weakest even though its a good side) it should have won at least one.

lol need to do your research. That match against Afghnaistan wasn't official and had several of their first team players missing i.e. Anamul Haque who destroyed the Pakistani team at the under-19 World Cup last year :p

nice try but fail.

Official or not official, i was just pointing to the fact that this is not weakest U19 side from Ban, their weakest U19 side played in that match....

Tamim, Anamul, Shakib, Mushfiq, Nasir, Mosaddek, Mominul - Should be our batsmen
Robiul, Gazi, Taskin and Shafiul

Mashrafee - but he breaks down easily. So Robiul if Mash is unfit
Abdur Razzak - Seems like age has caught up so Sohag Gazi
Shafiul - but he's too expensive
Taskin

Hope we had someone who could have encouraged youngsters to bowl well, we are just naturally that strong in the bowling department. Spinners are not that entertaining, need fast bowlers.

Nice try but won't fall for it.
Bangladesh has a good u19 side but if it is as good as you claim it to be (according to you the current one is weakest even though its a good side) it should have won at least one.

Our u-19 is like SA. Never perform during crucial moments.

Our u-19 is stronger than most U-19s in my personal opinion but from then onwards, its a tough story because of our irregular and unprofessional domestic tournaments.

Mind your language nerd! If you want to discuss cricket do it in a proper way. The players you have mentioned only Shakib and Tamim are good players and Nasir looks like a good talent. Rest of them might be good by Bangladeshi standard but have not done much in international cricket.

And as I said earlier the previous Bangladesh teams did not win much so you can't day this Bangladeshi team is rubbish before they have played the WC.

How come Bangladesh have great U19 sides and then crash out when they come play at the top level?

Because Western and other teams youngsters 'fill out' whilst Bangladeshis stop growing up and out.

This Zol guy is overrated. Just checked the stats and Mosaddek Hossain has a better batting average than him plus is a bowler and whole year young :p

No one posted the result of this match though, even if it's a match-thread.

Okay,
Bangladesh U-19: 286/4 (50).
England U-19: 248 (48.1).

Man of the Match: Mosaddek Hossain, 110* off 113, 10-2-38-3.

Next match: Bangladesh U-19 vs Pakistan U-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back