England v Australia | 2nd ODI | Lords | 6/9/09

IAJ

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Slow but steady start by the Australians, 59/0 after 14 overs.

Watson gone, again he has a start but fails to capitalize.
62/1 afer 14.5 overs.

Paine out caught in the deep.

2/63

One of the commentators just gave us the ultimate insult, he said we are playing ODI cricket like England style these days.

Random Aussie said:
Paine out caught in the deep.

2/63

One of the commentators just gave us the ultimate insult, he said we are playing ODI cricket like England style these days.

He was spot on I'm afraid, Asutralia are known of taking advantage of PP, but they really played slowly today.

IAJ said:
He was spot on I'm afraid, Asutralia are known of taking advantage of PP, but they really played slowly today.

Yes he is right. Our ODI team is not exactly swashbucking aggression these days. 2/70 off 17.2 overs.

Random Aussie said:
Yes he is right. Our ODI team is not exactly swashbucking aggression these days. 2/70 off 17.2 overs.

Make that 3/74 after 19.4 overs

This Aussie batting line up is very boring. I'd rather watch the Kiwis and their fatman's batting. :p

Aus 209/8 after 46 overs... Struggling here...

Fergurson once again only batsmen really to shine for the Aussies. Looks a quality player.

Johnson's highest ODI score

238-8 (7 balls left)

Aus will win from here

australia clearly miss symonds who is clearly better than hopeless, clarke, and hussy, these players are all samish, symonds was explosive and could take the game away and i think they should recall him back

Australia need to stop packing in so many bits and pieces players in the ODIs IMO when they have so many decent bats and bowlers in particular.

Australia is so boring without Gilchrist, Hayden, Ponting and Symonds.

Same goes for England with Flintoff and Pietersen sitting out.

Still 5 more of these ridiculous ODI's to go... :inti

I dont understand why they had to have a 7 match series. It's a total overkill.
They are no special players in this series which makes it even more boring...

Boi said:
I dont understand why they had to have a 7 match series. It's a total overkill.
They are no special players in this series which makes it even more boring...

Brett Lee is special. So is the next Wasim Akram i.e Johnson. But true everyone else is boring.

Bopara 27 out LBW Watson
Eng 74-1 in 15th over

Last edited:
Bopara is really struggling.

He needs some time off, I feel.

Bopara's knock of 27 from 44 balls must've been pain staking to say the least by looking at the number of balls he consumed when compared to someone of the likes of Strauss!

Prior ct behind off Watson
Eng 76-2 after 16.2 overs - need 174 more @ 5.16
Last 5 ovs 23/2 RR 4.60
Watson has 2-0 in 1.2 overs. Shah in

Strauss gone.
Australia pulling it very well.

Shah runout
Eng 97-4 after 20 overs - need 153 more
Eng was 74-0
Last 5 ovs 23/3 RR 4.60

Morgan goes.

Things not looking good for England.

Maybe a light problem as D/L par score has been mentioned few times in last few overs. Current par score is 156
Eng 146-5 after 30 0vers
Lights are coming on

32.3 Lee to Wright, OUT, gone! England in trouble now! 93mph outside off, and it lifted a touch more than Wright thought as he flashed hard but got the thinnest of edges through to Paine

LJ Wright c †Paine b Lee 20 (19b 3x4 0x6) SR: 105.26

Eng 157-6 - need 93 more to win @ 5.36

32.6 Lee to Bresnan, 1 leg bye, 93mph short delivery which doesn't get up; Bresnan tried to sway, but it hit him on the hip. He'll be sporting a shiner on that tomorrow morning

England still has powerplay left but no Broad or Adil Rashid today

Last edited:
39.1 Hauritz to Collingwood, 1 run, on the leg stump, Collingwood nudges (© P Collingwood) again for another single
:))

England require another 63 runs with 3 wickets and 58 balls remaining

45th over and England take the powerplay but there is only one wicket left
Eng 204-9 after 44 overs - need 46 more runs

I thought Pakistan were clueless when it came to power plays but England have overtaken them!

pak4life said:
I thought Pakistan were clueless when it came to power plays but England have overtaken them!

This english team is crap. They have thrown away two chances of beating Australia, and still Australia haven't fired yet. If Aussies smash 300+ in next match England have no chance.

the england team without kp and flintoff is very weak. im still thinking it will be 7-0 clean sweep for australia.

Back