ICC World Cup 2023: Australia (241/4) defeat India (240 all out) by 6 wickets to win the final of ICC World Cup 2023

India have won hearts today. Chin up lads!

The first ten overs of this run-chase was the best, and the bravest competition between bay and ball I've seen in recent times. Fire with fire.

Yeah that Travis Head WTC innings was unbelievable. 163 off 174 - basically sealed the Test match the first day. Travis Head will have won more for his team this year than Kohli did in his entire career.

Kohli is good for bilateral series. Can’t believe anyone could ever compare him to the great Vivian Richards.
Best player of the new era. He is the true number 1 in tests and odi.

Australia are ruthless in nature

They chucked out Aaron Finch when they knew he was finished as a cricketer, no room for sentiments despite winning T20 world cup. They replaced him with Travis Head.

Elite mentality.

Like Ponting said in commentary, once Australia win this WC, the selectors, management, team think tank will immediately start thinking what we have to do to win the next WC 4 years later and if that means axing the current players and bringing in new blood, then so be it.

Proud of the padosis.

To do it in Indias backyard against all odds.

Feel bad for Head that he didn’t get to hit the winning runs but he played one of the all time great innings.

Australia are to cricket what the Springboks are to rugby. They simply know how to win these tournaments irrespective of how they play. Congrats to them

Congrats to Aussies, their spirit and their team. They beat the best team in the tour ament on their home soil on a pitch that suited the opposition. Incredible!!

Remember. Who is goat? Travis Head. Not kohli. Not rohit.

Goat = Travis Head. What a player. Champion in all formats.

I think IPL made these Aussies comfortable in this conditions to strive for the biggest. Bumerung for India.

Unlucky Indian posters. You have a great team. You'll be back again, competing.

Australia deserved this. Gutsy decision to bowl - bowled well too - fought the pressure cooker environment to command the crowd and bring it home. Very good win in the toughest circumstances vs a team featuring some ATGs of the game.

Na biryani mey na kisi car mey, jo maza aaye India ki haar mey. 😘

Better luck next time, bois. Fair warning, the Pakistan team will be at its peak in 2027, InshaAllah. I don't foresee India winning the ODI WC in our lifetimes.

Top-5 match key mujrim:

1) Rahul: the greatest tuk tuk of all time along with keeping that would make K.Akmal blush.
2) Kohli: Completely gave up the momentum which is awful from one of the GOATs. Bonafide choke.
3) Gill: The next great Indian flop. Timid, zero technique and failing on this ground for him is unacceptable.
4) Rohit: Brilliant batting but some of the most brainless captaincy of all-time. Completely neutered Shami and Siraj by swapping them around.
5) The BCCI: In trying to stack the deck against the opposition, they got a taste of their own medicine.
Congratulations to Australia for Winning sixth time World Cup . 🇦🇺
Congrats Aussies
India beaten fair and square but heads held high

Ironic India got done over by there own conditions prepared a slow deck & dew was the final nail in the coffin.

Already told in forums Australia is the most dangerous team in final. South Africa would have been lot easier ...India got over confident.. Also as they saying Taylored wicket backfired on India. Regular batting wicket India would have more chances to win..

Congratulations Australia winning the cricket world cup for the 6th time. A massive commiserations to India had a magnificent awesome tournament.

It's pointless to dominate the league to then fail in the final lol.

Cruel sport. Feel for the guys. But Australia is Australia.

Already told in forums Australia is the most dangerous team in final. South Africa would have been lot easier ...India got over confident.. Also as they saying Taylored wicket backfired on India. Regular batting wicket India would have more chances to win..
Exactly.

So stupid from India to try get an advantage.

1.5 billion people behind you, backed by trillions dollar economy, backed by a $100 billion cricket industry, backed by Bollywood, backed by your local pitches, the best ever Indian bowling attack and still failed to win the WC at home.

Country of India and Indian Cricket Team ko Chullooo main paani daal ke Sharam se doob ke mar jaana chahiye

Congratulations Australia winning the cricket world cup for the 6th time. A massive commiserations to India had a magnificent awesome tournament.
Kohli and sky and Rahul are the culprits.

No matter howbgood iyer is, short ball has his name on it.

Exactly.

So stupid from India to try get an advantage.
If it was flat and Aussies batted first them they would post 300.
Then india will chase but kohli will play for his 100 and get out like a loser that he is. Costing them in the process anyway lol

I don't understand the Aussie commentators constant moaning about crowds. They don't expect Indian fans to cheer for Australia isn't it? When Germany scored 7 goal against Brazil in 2014, did Brazilian fans appreciating German team?

It is also not fair to compare India with sporting crowd in SENA countries as not many cares about cricket there and stadiums are mostly fill with Desi fans. This silencing the crowd drama has gone too far.

Beautiful result which made my day and weekend. Thank you Australia!!! The greatest cricketing nation of all time.

I hope they do a close up on "King" Kohli when Aus hit the winning runs.

Kohli looks like he's about to cry.

Not even celebrating the wicket like he normally would jumping up and down like he won the WC.
He already won a wc though back when he was a kid. Williamson sadly choked in 2 wc finals and will retire without ever touching that trophy, just like you and me. The biggest loser in cricket and you will never see the Kiwis ever win a wc

1.5 billion people behind you, backed by trillions dollar economy, backed by a $100 billion cricket industry, backed by Bollywood, backed by your local pitches, the best ever Indian bowling attack and still failed to win the WC at home.

Country of India and Indian Cricket Team ko Chullooo main paani daal ke Sharam se doob ke mar jaana chahiye
India has played well through out , if you were bad , you would not be playing in the finals.

Kohli did not and does not deserve the career ending WC win that Tendulkar got. Teenda carried the entire hopes, burden of the entire team and nation for the vast majority of his career.

Kohli has played in a much better team in comparison for the vast majority of his career

As much as I’m glad India lost, to only have 1 sub continent team in the last four in in a sub continent World Cup shows how far all the sub continent teams including India are behind the rest

I don't understand the Aussie commentators constant moaning about crowds. They don't expect Indian fans to cheer for Australia isn't it? When Germany scored 7 goal against Brazil in 2014, did Brazilian fans appreciating German team?

It is also not fair to compare India with sporting crowd in SENA countries as not many cares about cricket there and stadiums are mostly fill with Desi fans. This silencing the crowd drama has gone too far.
Applaud good cricket. Like normal people?

Breathe, just breathe.

Kohli and sky and Rahul are the culprits.

No matter howbgood iyer is, short ball has his name on it.
Kohli isnt the culprit, he cant score hundreds every game. He was batting well until KL came and started playing test cricket. No one should be made culprits because they all had good tournament KL was good other matches but definitely his innings had no real purpose and me SKY just needs to learn ODI better, had he batted the overs and somehow got over 260 it would’ve been better. Need an innings and proved himself.

I can feel your pain it's okay just don't break your tv 🤣

Never mind, mate. I was one of the first to congratulate Australia and I don't watch TV.
I hope your TV will survive after your 'World's best bowling attack' gets what it deserves when they tour Australia LOL.

Back