England v Australia | 3rd ODI | Rose Bowl | 9/9/09

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Runs
115,208
Post of the Week
8
Aussies 2-0 up and looking to get a step closer to winning this ODI series.
 
still can't believe at the amount of practice both teams are gaining here for the Champions trophy

I kind of expect both teams to be pretty battle hardened
 
41-2 now England in the 9th over.

Prior gone for 0. Good catch by Hopes of Johnson.
 
Shah 8 lbw Johnson
England 62-3 after 14.5 overs @ 4.17
Strauss batting on 41
 
Not really very good conditions for batting, if anything the pitch is a bit on the slower side.
 
Eng 89/3 after 20.2 overs

Strauss just about keeping englands inns together at moment.
 
147/6 and once again they didn't take the final powerplay while having two specialist batsmen. This english team is totally crap and clueless!
 
Man this English side is really poor, may be even worst than Windies C grade team.
 
Bopara has virtually killed his England cricketing career in the space of 2 months!
 
Aus 16-1

Anderson strikes - Watson plumb LBW
 
Aussie batsman Whyte felled by one to the spuds!

OUCH!

OUCH!!

OUCH!!!
 
Australia are once again going to stroll home
 
Collingwood gets Paine in his first over.
Misses a straight one

52/2 14th over
 
Clarke 36(67) - White 64(91)
Australia 143-2 (35.2 ov) - need 86 runs @ 5.9
 
Aus 178-2 now and strolling it, White on 88* and Clarke inching towards another red inker!
 
White gets his ton, his first in ODIs, off 116 balls with 8 fours and a six
 
LOL, the presentation is going on and unsurprisingly there doesn't seem to be a soul left in the ground to witness it.
 
Well Played Cameron White!

He really played a great knock today out there in the middle. He deserves all the praise he gets for his innings today. He played all the right shots at the right time, although he was lucky to be dropped by Bresnan.

Micheal Clarke's captaincy is top notch and he will be a terrific successor to the captaincy role when Ponting hangs up the boots. His field settings were phenomenal and he seemed a step ahead of the Pommies throughout.
 
Oxy said:
No Adil Rashid?

Good old England, they get a promising youngster, he delivers so they drop him.

Yawn another win in this pointless series. I guess 7 nil would be nice though, probably the only reason for interest.

Cameron White is coming along very well as a batsman.
 
Random Aussie said:
Good old England, they get a promising youngster, he delivers so they drop him.

Yawn another win in this pointless series. I guess 7 nil would be nice though, probably the only reason for interest.

Cameron White is coming along very well as a batsman.

7 nil? Nooo... are you crazy? it is our record 5-0 last tour... the only ODI white wash in English soil. You better of not to touch it ok. :46: Anyway It’s a good win for an emerging team like AUS.

Btw why you play 7 ODIs instead of 9 or 11?
 
aravinda1234 said:
7 nil? Nooo... are you crazy? it is our record 5-0 last tour... the only ODI white wash in English soil. You better of not to touch it ok. :46: Anyway It’s a good win for an emerging team like AUS.

Btw why you play 7 ODIs instead of 9 or 11?

We thought a 7 match series would leave people wanting more, don't want to over do it.

Like your style Aravinda, one day my country will scale those dizzying heights reached by Sri Lanka....
 
Random Aussie said:
We thought a 7 match series would leave people wanting more, don't want to over do it.

Like your style Aravinda, one day my country will scale those dizzying heights reached by Sri Lanka....

Congradulations... good luck in the CT... like to see few upsets from your boys. You know... still they are very exciting team. :D
 
This ODI series for some reason or the other has been unbelievably boring. To be honest, England has been unbelievably crap, they just dont have the star players in their team, a very very boring team without Flintoff and Pieterson.

Australia have been too good, if only the Aussies had not batted so poorly in that first innings of the final test.
 
Savak said:
This ODI series for some reason or the other has been unbelievably boring. To be honest, England has been unbelievably crap, they just dont have the star players in their team, a very very boring team without Flintoff and Pieterson.

Australia have been too good, if only the Aussies had not batted so poorly in that first innings of the final test.

Have not watched any of it except for news highlights. Barely even getting a mention in the papers here.
 
Back
Top