England v Pakistan | 1st T20I | Nottingham | 16th July, 2021 | Pakistan innings

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is now Pakistan's highest ever total in T20Is against England, beating 195/4 at Manchester last year<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ENGvPAK?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ENGvPAK</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1416109364994355204?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 16, 2021</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now I wonder if the openers should have got more sixes in the powerplay and batted like the batters are batting now. Hopefully the score will be enough to challenge England, Pakistan were not so aggressive in the first 10 overs.

Don't know if it's just me but these sixes have got me off my chair dancing. My arms are up.

Anyone else dancing?

Isnt it a normal reaction as Azam Khan is touted to clear the ropes more no.of times as compared to Hafeez

He is spin basher at best, and even their hafeez is much better at that as well. Azam is not ideal for this stage vs pacers.

Now I wonder if the openers should have got more sixes in the powerplay and batted like the batters are batting now. Hopefully the score will be enough to challenge England, Pakistan were not so aggressive in the first 10 overs.

Wow.. Pakistan is winning this easily.. Don't have such a loser attitude

Tom Curran's go to delivery is a 77 MPH full toss at the death :))

Of course they should have. I can guarantee you England won't bat at 8 an over for the first 10.

Pakistan should aim for 240 and try to bat England out of the game.

I have a feeling even Pak bowlers will do well today, Eng to lose by 80 runs!

As a fan, win or lose this is the kind of intent you wanna see. Yes it wont always work but effort should be there. Bowlers need to show that as well today rather than bowling rubbish.

At the start of the innings, we all would have taken this target I think.

Azam Khan on debut. Not an easy time to be in but, nothing to lose and so much to gain

1st 10 overs - 0 6's
next 9 overs 12 6's and counting

interesting to see if the absence of 6's in the 1st part of the innings will play a role

I have only seen grainy pics of Azam Khan posted here before but my god on a normal
Flatscreen TV he looks huge

Like Maqsood, Fakhar and Hafeez have done their jobs perfectly as well. All batsmen have delivered, uncharacteristically for Pakistan.

Hafeez was struggling in PSL but, Eng have given some form back

Hafeez and Zaman did their job to perfection. Good hitting by both of them.

Holy ****, this is some carnage..

India, be scared!

UAE pitches are no Trent Bridge nor Indian bowling such halwa. Plus we lose it mentally, it's not even about skill anymore. So nothing to be worried and advance congrats for that easy 2 points in Wt20.

This is a very flat track with tiny boundaries but if Pakistan bowl in right areas they will win.

1st 10 overs - 0 6's
next 9 overs 12 6's and counting

interesting to see if the absence of 6's in the 1st part of the innings will play a role

More to do with the freedom all these players had at the end after the 150 run opening partnership. Would have been difficult to see so many sixes if Pak would have lost 2-3 in powerplay

Azam starts in international cricket with a 4

Azam Khan is so fat. Watching him run is so funny. Epitomises the standards of fitness in Pakistan cricket.

Oh my word the jingle for Azam Khan...."He ain't heavy he's Azam Khaaaaaaaaaaan" :D

Crowd cheering “Azam azam” for Azam khan :smith

They might still win but those 10 overs were to slow in these conditions and scenario by all accounts.

Yeah, Rizwan could've started a bit better but he did well to make up for a slow start.

The only reason that the lower order is playing with so much freedom here is because of the platform set by openers.

If Babar and Rizwan had gotten out inside powerplay, Pak would've limped to 150 here.
Pakistan's middle-order isn't too reliable.

Two full tosses missed in this over.

Nevertheless decent total

Pakistan has set a very competitive total. England needs some chasing to do here.

Pakistan's highest scores in T20Is:

232/6 versus England today
205/3 versus West Indies in 2018
205/1 versus South Africa in April 2021

Bro, these Pakistani batsmen don’t play under SR of 150, scary stuff

The sight of Azam Khan makes me puke. He was huffing and puffing while running b/w the wickets. I am sure he can afford to get a liposuction. Go for it dude

There will be pressure or chasing on England. No matter how good you bat , a big scorecard is intimidating.

what about rakhim cornwell and that flying dwayne guy?

Rakhim Cornwell plays test matches only and isn't someone who's lighting up the cricket world. I bet Rakhim is a better batsman than Azam Khan though(would be happy to be proven wrong)

Good little cameos by all. I told you if Babar-Rizwan start strong then all you need is guys playing a small hand here or there. Exactly what the doctor ordered.

Back