England v Pakistan | Third Test | Day 4 : Session 1 | The Oval | 21/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawad2010

T20I Debutant
Runs
Ok, this is the most important session for Pakistan. They need the last English wicket and start the chase in this test.

Match So Far:

England 233 & 221/9
Pak 308

Less then 2 hours to go....
I am about to do Sehri and am very nervous.

Just got done with sehri. About to pray, then a quick nap and then its game time. Let's go Pakistan

Thank god we've had iftari here. Can watch match comfortably now :/

This could either be a great day or a disastrous day. Insha Allah we can win this.
Need to chase no more than 160.

England will lose. their bowlers aren't good enough to force 10 wickets when the batsmen have failed in this fashion.

Pakistan win by 6 wickets on the stroke of tea.

I slept ffor about 2 hours before sehri and now have decided to stay up and watch the match. Here's hoping it doesn't end the wrong way.

Asalaam alikum wr wb,

Big day for us, first need to close England's 2nd innings straightaway with Amir getting finn out in the first over INSHALLAH. Strategy for our batsmen whilst chasing should be to bat aggressively and intelligently with minimum duck balls. Like michael holding said tha cook did'nt look to survive instead he choose to play positively, aggressively and intelligently. Pakistan openers farhat and hameed should look to take inspiration from cook's splendid knock. The more our batsmen attack calculatively and rotate the strike regularly the more pressure English bowlers will feel and hence more likelyhood of them making mistakes whilst trying to defend a small target.

So the message is to play positive, aggressive and calculative knocks to mount pressure upon England and forcing them to make mistakes. Must play graeme swann off the backfoot and late to not let him settle in a rhythm. MUST NOT TRY TO SURVIVE ! Must bat without fear and send a strong message to English bowlers that WE ARE NOT HERE SO YOU CAN BOWL A BRILLIANT BALL TO SEND US BACK TO PAVILLION BUT WE ARE HERE TO SCORE RUNS HANDSOMELY AND TO WIN THIS MATCH , INSHALLAH !

Nasrullahi min fateh an qareeb...

Big day for us. A win here can keep Malik out of the team forever. :)

im hoping MoYo can make those 150-160 runs. lol wishful thinking, doesnt harm to wish, right?

I hope there's no batting collapse like the second test, i bet England is coming in very confident that they can force pak to collapse. i bet that's their game plan.

Need to get the last English wicket as quickly as possible. A lil' concerned about Broad because an addition of 30-40 runs will push the target close to 200 which is not ideal.

im hoping MoYo can make those 150-160 runs. lol wishful thinking, doesnt harm to wish, right?

I hope there's no batting collapse like the second test, i bet England is coming in very confident that they can force pak to collapse. i bet that's their game plan.

They will try to do the Australian way, attacking as much as they can and frightening our batsmen.

I have a really good free Geo Super stream.
Am I allowed to provide the link mod?

The players must remember this is still a good 4th day batting pitch the only thing that can defeat us is pressure as always.

The players must remember this is still a good 4th day batting pitch the only thing that can defeat us is pressure as always.

Swann will be a threat...if he can spin half as much as Ajmal was doing yesterday

Swann will be a threat...if he can spin half as much as Ajmal was doing yesterday

Swann spins it alot more ajmal can. I just hope yousuf and co dont play rash shots, if it is a good ball then its alright, but rash shots are unforgivable.

Remember not enough runs on the board for Swann. The ball will spin after 50-60 overs and by then game will be decideded already. But if ball swing then Anderson can be a major problem.

Salaam people, lets hope Pakistan get final wicket early and knock off the runs in quick time :)

It is cloudy out in the middle, hope it brightens up when Pakistan start their innings

Whom do you guys want to get a 5fer ? Aamer or Ajmal ?

Salaam/Morning all.

Lets go. Amir to start off. Need to keep the runs down from Broad.

p.s Just emailed a rant about Bob Willis to sky sports. :)

And it's done!

Perfect, 5 for Amir

Brilliant

Let's finish it before lunch :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back