[EXCLUSIVE] "I was surprised when Babar Azam was reappointed as captain": Imad Wasim

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
On March 23, 2023, Pakistan all-rounder Imad Wasim reversed his decision to retire from international cricket, driven by one goal: to win the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2024 for his country. However, there was no fairytale ending, as Pakistan was knocked out in the group stage.

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Imad Wasim speaks with Saj Sadiq to reflect on the disappointing World Cup campaign. He also discussed:

Babar Azam 2.0: Weighs in on Babar Azam's reappointment as T20I captain.

Home series loss to Bangladesh: Analyzes Pakistan's shocking home series loss to Bangladesh.

Pakistan Cricket in Decline: Discusses the current state of Pakistan cricket and potential solutions.

Champions Cup Insights: He shares his thoughts on the Champions Cup and its potential impact on Pakistan cricket.

Comeback Regrets: He opens up on whether he regrets reversing his retirement decision.

Future Goals: Reveals his plans and aspirations for the next chapter of his career.

Watch full interview here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Imad talking about Babar is getting very boring now. I know its not his fault as everyone asks him about Babar but he really needs to learn to dodge these questions.

Pakistan cricket is not just about Babar.

Imad talking about Babar is getting very boring now. I know its not his fault as everyone asks him about Babar but he really needs to learn to dodge these questions.

Pakistan cricket is not just about Babar.

True, but i do like that he didn't shy away from the question and admire his honestly.

I was also surprised after seeing Imad's horrible performance against India in recent T20 WC.

In no other team you will find active players openly giving such statements about their fellow players. That's why I always believe PCB must introduce no nonsense policy for all unretired/active players. Anyone breaching that policy must be banned forever

Certainly Imad's amazement on Babar's reappointment is going to stir a big fuss ahead. Many will now blame him for half hearted performances in recent T20 WC owing to this statement.

Dramay baaz ...you dont see players of other countries saying foul about their colleagues; imagine Kohli saying something stupid against Rohit.

But, when it comes to Pakistan cricket, anything goes ...no self respect, restraint or camaraderie.

I was also surprised when Imad took his retirement back to play only for the T20 World Cup and then he left the domestic cup to play in a foreign league.

loll poor guy made (0) from 10 balls in the CPL today. Makes the knock against India look good

3La3cdA.png

Trust me, I'm no Babar fan, but MAN, this guy Imad.

Smoking in the dressing room, minimal effort on the field, dubious character overall.

On March 23, 2023, Pakistan all-rounder Imad Wasim reversed his decision to retire from international cricket, driven by one goal: to win the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2024 for his country. However, there was no fairytale ending, as Pakistan was knocked out in the group stage.

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Imad Wasim speaks with Saj Sadiq to reflect on the disappointing World Cup campaign. He also discussed:

Babar Azam 2.0: Weighs in on Babar Azam's reappointment as T20I captain.

Home series loss to Bangladesh: Analyzes Pakistan's shocking home series loss to Bangladesh.

Pakistan Cricket in Decline: Discusses the current state of Pakistan cricket and potential solutions.

Champions Cup Insights: He shares his thoughts on the Champions Cup and its potential impact on Pakistan cricket.

Comeback Regrets: He opens up on whether he regrets reversing his retirement decision.

Future Goals: Reveals his plans and aspirations for the next chapter of his career.

Watch full interview here:

Pakistan losing a home series to Bangladesh is indeed shocking—what does Imad think went wrong? Could it be down to poor preparation or leadership decisions?

The players or at least most of them didn't want Babar back as skipper.

Only in Pakistan would you replace a skipper after one series with someone who has absolutely no clue about the art of captaincy and leadership.

And then we wonder why we are so pathetic as a cricket nation these days.

Pakistan's mentality is only about being in power and having it for as long as possible regardless of how bad or poor you are or whatever the results.

Back