[PICTURES] Will Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim play under Babar Azam as captain?

Will Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim play under Babar Azam as captain?

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
In the wake of Shaheen Shah Afridi’s persuasive recommendations, Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim reversed their previous decisions. However, the potential reappointment of Babar Azam as captain raises the question of whether they might reconsider their positions once again.

The potential return of Babar Azam as captain, with Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim in the team, raises questions about the unity within the dressing room. The dynamics of the team could be significantly impacted, leading to a possible divide among the players. Will there be a divided dressing room now if it happens?

Amir and Imad playing under Babar’s captaincy now would be the ultimate humiliation for them.

If Babar is reinstated as captain, which would be the correct decision, these two losers should take their retirement back and to protect themselves from the embarrassment & trolling that they will be subjected to.

Amir and Imad playing under Babar’s captaincy now would be the ultimate humiliation for them.

If Babar is reinstated as captain, which would be the correct decision, these two losers should take their retirement back and to protect themselves from the embarrassment & trolling that they will be subjected to.

To be honest, this would also be a true test of their intentions if they decide to play under Babar.

If they do, I will have new found respect for them.

To be honest, this would also be a true test of their intentions if they decide to play under Babar.

If they do, I will have new found respect for them.
It is too late for that - we have all seen what their intentions and priorities are.

I don't get your viewpoint though?

If their a part of the team, and if Pakistan fails this world cup, it'll just reflect badly on Babar? 2023 was a horror show?

If anything it's even worse then 2023, since this time you'll be sending a non gelled team.

2023 team was friendship 11 which created conflict of interest, but 2024 team would be animosity 11, which means the whole team will collapse and get humiliated in the cup.

I'm all for Australia winning, I support them more then Pakistan but why do you want Pakistan under babar's captaincy to get humiliated so badly? The whole team will get trolled if anything.

We won't even reach group 8 if this is the case. Theirs no teamwork then?

The only reason we claimed things is because we want Pakistan to win cups, not to have Pakistan get butchered 24/7, and humiliated.

Imad we advocated for because nawaz was so horrifically bad and because imad had 3 psl Mom's

Amir we advocated for due to his 2017 performances and our current bowlers being run machines.

Babar we wanted removed as a captain because he has a winless record and has never won anything as captain.

All of this is basically a step in the backward direction, and more humiliation to follow.

So is that why you wanted Babar back ad captain? Was it to see Pakistan get butchered again? Cause your past comments during the World Cup would then make sense.

Amir and Imads condition to represent Pakistan was not dependent on who was captain.

Both could care less on who was leading the team.

Its Babar who has to awkwardly tell them to do this and that while forcing his mouth open into some sort of smile.

Now whether its going to be an actual smile or a "risus sardonicus" from Babar remains to be seen.

The question is will Babar eat his ego and let AmIr and Imad play like they are supposed to?

Those two will play, it’s their captain who needs to understand how to use them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The question is will Babar eat his ego and let AmIr and Imad play like they are supposed to?

Those two will play, it’s their captain who needs to understand how to use them.
People were making claims that imad and amir retired due to babar so the question asked is pretty much on point here. Will they play under babar captaincy or not after all that hoax created by their fans.

People were making claims that imad and amir retired due to babar so the question asked is pretty much on point here. Will they play under babar captaincy or not after all that hoax created by their fans.
They never retired because of him. They are critical of his T20 batting. That’s it.

Amir retired because of Misbah/Waqar

Imad retired because of mental health issues. Unless you have proof to suggest they retired because of Babar?

They never retired because of him. They are critical of his T20 batting. That’s it.

Imad retired because of mental health issues. Unless you have proof to suggest they retired because of Babar?
I never said they retired because of him. It was the fans of imad and amir saying the same.

I'd more concerned about Babar's bowling changes and field placements

Amir and Imads condition to represent Pakistan was not dependent on who was captain.

That is what you think and that is the narrative that Imad and Amir fans will propagate to mitigate the embarrassment and humiliation of them taking instructions from Babar and playing under his leadership after taking shots at him for years.

Both are deeply impacted by this and not in a million years did they and their cult expect them to play under Babar again.

Remember that Imad lobbied with the Kings owners to trade Babar with Zalmi because Imad didn’t want to play under his leadership, but the karma happened, Imad got owned as captain the following season and got booted out by the Kings the following season.

Imad was the reason Kings lost the only reason for their success and relevance (Babar) and now they are left with Masood.

Well, Imad Wasim and Amir fans have told us repeatedly how Naqvi is a no nonsense administrator who will not tolerate politics in the team so I can expect Naqvi to ensure that Imad Wasim and Amir properly serve at the direction of their captain and leader Babar Azam.

I never said they retired because of him. It was the fans of imad and amir saying the same.
The fans of Babar also blame Shaheen for being a backstabber, does that mean anything?

Do the fans of Babar overlook 4 and a half years of failures and zero growth as a cricket team under Babar only to blame Shaheen for stabbing him in the back as justified?

Fact is that Imad and Amir took the decision with the understanding that they would be playing under SSA.

Next few days will be very interesting.

Doodh ka doodh, panee ka panee will come clear. (reality will emerge)

Both could care less on who was leading the team
Those two would have returned if Babar had also sincerely reached out to them as captain. He never did.

The simple thing is that they will either defer to Babar Azam’s captaincy and leadership or they will be removed from the team.

As Navqi put it, according to @Rana, no politics will be tolerated.

Not even one bit of politics against Babar Azam will be tolerated. Now we know he has the backing of our new PCB chairman. His collaboration with our new coach and the PCB chairman will lead us to glory.

Have faith my brothers. Victory awaits us. :afridi

more like, it will be a humiliation for Babar azam same Babar who didn't want imad and amir in the team and chose friends has to now play with them and the best part is there is no rameez now.

I personally don't think Babar should except the captaincy. He should just set his mind on staying at the crease and scoring as many runs as he possibly can for his team/country in the T20WC24.

bro its not people making claims. Saj interviewed Imad last year and he clearly said he's not being picked due to Babar picking his friends. so it is due to Babar that he retired. if your not going pick a player for the national duties due to friendship what do you expect Imad to do? give up leagues too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes no sense. They return under Shaheen’s recommendations as captain, Shaheen removed as captain, Babar appointed as captain (who didnt really care for their inclusion) to play them. Huh :ibutt

Fans have much bigger issue than these players themselves. If Amir and Imad had an issue Babar they wouldn't have taken their retirement back as Babar is a permanent member of Pakistan team.

Great, finally you spoke truth. Then why Babar was blamed for their retirements for last 4 years? And you were one of the those posters who used to beat their chests that Babar has destroyed careers of Imad and Babar.

Great, finally you spoke truth. Then why Babar was blamed for their retirements for last 4 years? And you were one of the those posters who used to beat their chests that Babar has destroyed careers of Imad and Babar.
Hain? Where did I say Babar destroyed the careers or Imad and Amir??

From my understanding Amir retired due to Rameez, and not agreeing with some things. He also wanted to earn $$$ from the T20 leagues instead of being in/out of the national team, signing NOC which allows limitations on what he can earn. He gets picked for a lot of leagues, and there isn't that same level of competiton for him.

Truth is as good as Amir is at his best, Pakistan's bowling lineup means he was not an automatic selection as starter. He is likely a bench depth player with Shaheen, Naseem, Rauf and more. That's why he saw that Shaheen was there to take his spot as the lefty seamer.

Certainly at his best, Amir is up there with the best bowlers in the world, but he hasn't always been at his best consistent enough in the last year of his international career. That's got little to do with Babar.

will be interesting to see how amir and Imad responds if Babar becomes a captain..

it will become more like a hardik rohit show :ROFLMAO:

From my understanding Amir retired due to Rameez, and not agreeing with some things. He also wanted to earn $$$ from the T20 leagues instead of being in/out of the national team, signing NOC which allows limitations on what he can earn. He gets picked for a lot of leagues, and there isn't that same level of competiton for him.

Truth is as good as Amir is at his best, Pakistan's bowling lineup means he was not an automatic selection as starter. He is likely a bench depth player with Shaheen, Naseem, Rauf and more. That's why he saw that Shaheen was there to take his spot as the lefty seamer.

Certainly at his best, Amir is up there with the best bowlers in the world, but he hasn't always been at his best consistent enough in the last year of his international career. That's got little to do with Babar.

Rauf should not be starting in the WC. Amir/Shaheen/Naseem lineup is solid.

I think he won't play as he is suffering from a dislocated shoulder. Most likely, Shaheen, Amir, and Naseem will be the fast bowling trio in WC for Pakistan.

Amir should be used for 1-2 over bursts only. And after they should invest in a cryogenic chamber to help him recover between games so we can have him for the full tournament and by extension, a third ICC Medal

Surprising to see Mamoon backing Babar as captain, is it because you believe we have no one better?

Both have already played under Babar's captaincy and Imad was playing under his captaincy in the last series before he retired (vs NZ).

Though if I am Babar, I would not want a toxic individual like Amir around.

Question is not if they will play under Babar's captaincy? Question is why they will not play under the captaincy of Babar Azam? Imad and Amir criticize his batting skills, not his leadership skills.

bro its not people making claims. Saj interviewed Imad last year and he clearly said he's not being picked due to Babar picking his friends. so it is due to Babar that he retired. if your not going pick a player for the national duties due to friendship what do you expect Imad to do? give up leagues too?
But who made Imad the authority on why Babar dropped him?

Imad thinks that Babar dropped him because Babar wants to play his friends. That doesn’t make it true.

That is Imad’s perception and belief. You have to ask Babar, the coaches and the selectors over the last couple of years why Imad was dropped not reselected.

Imad’s verdict on why he was dropped means absolutely nothing.

more like, it will be a humiliation for Babar azam same Babar who didn't want imad and amir in the team and chose friends has to now play with them and the best part is there is no rameez now.
Don’t let facts ruin your little fantasy.

Babar had nothing to do Amir getting dropped. Amir himself ran away from international cricket like a coward because his weak body couldn’t cope with it.

Imad was dropped because he was really poor between 2020-2021 and Nawaz was performing better at the time.

Its Babar who has to awkwardly tell them to do this and that while forcing his mouth open into some sort of smile.

Now whether its going to be an actual smile or a "risus sardonicus" from Babar remains to be seen.
If only Amir and Imad saw through the disfigured lens you want them to be seeing from.

If Babar is reappointed, Amir and Imad should follow the stance taken by Ben White in respect of the England football team. White didn't turn his back on England but rather turned his back on Southgate.

Amir and Imad should also turn their back on Babar because they shouldn't have anything to do with a substandard captain who's not been appointed on merit.

There's a reason why Babar has never won anything for Pakistan U19, PSL and in his previous stint for Pakistan as captain of the side.

As for Babar's track record of failure as captain:
  • 2021 WT20
  • 2022 Asia Cup
  • 2022 WT20
  • 2023 Asia Cup
  • 2023 ODI WC
  • Lost home series to Australia at home in 2022 and England in 2023
The bottom line is Pakistan will have no chance of winning the 2024 WT20 under his leadership.

If Babar is reappointed, Amir and Imad should follow the stance taken by Ben White in respect of the England football team. White didn't turn his back on England but rather turned his back on Southgate.

Amir and Imad should also turn their back on Babar because they shouldn't have anything to do with a substandard captain who's not been appointed on merit.

There's a reason why Babar has never won anything for Pakistan U19, PSL and in his previous stint for Pakistan as captain of the side.

As for Babar's track record of failure as captain:
  • 2021 WT20
  • 2022 Asia Cup
  • 2022 WT20
  • 2023 Asia Cup
  • 2023 ODI WC
  • Lost home series to Australia at home in 2022 and England in 2023
The bottom line is Pakistan will have no chance of winning the 2024 WT20 under his leadership.
To be 100% fair to babar, Our wc 2021 stint wasn't bad, it was ironically the last world cup in which we were competitive in.

The bowlers were 🔥, the thing is I'm not unrealistic in my expectations of a captain.

I think afridi in 2010 and 2011 was a great captain even though he didn't win anything.

My issue in 2021 as well as why we flopped miserably in the coming years was Babar's ego.

I don't have any issue with losing to Australia in the semi final in 2021, their a stronger team and we gave them a tough fight, The issue is ego.

Babar's own insistence to open with rizwan cost us the game as their sr were hilariously bad, Compare that to fakhar who on that day at no 3 struck at 171 sr, 55 of 32.

If he had just let fakhar open, it would have been better, instead he and rizwan hogged nearly 15, I REPEAT NESRLY 15 OVERS, by the time we reached over 16 we had 122 on the board, with fakhar we could have reached that by over 13 and hit a 190 score, everyone that day claimed we were 15 runs short.

Secondly his excessive scolding doesn't help, causing drop catches and many matter wade opportunities we didn't take.

Lastly even though Imad haters are blinded by imad hate, of you guys had any brain, you'd realise that hasan Ali, Rauf and Hafeez ended with an economy of 10, 11 and 13 respectively compared to Imad's economy of 8.33.

Babar should have sucked it up and given imad one more over, instead of hafeez, Shaheen’s horrible death bowling in which matter wade hit 3 sixes in a row doesn't help either.

Babar's ego on opening, and his scolding + his panic on not trusting imad with 4 overs deapite him having a better economy then all our fast bowlers and spinners(excluding shadab) cost us the game.

No player should be allowed to say that he will play under this captain and not play under that captain. Your job is to represent Pakistan, not any individual so if Imad and amir do refuse in the end, then they should simply take retirement again. For once, we need a group gelled together as 1 unit.

No player should be allowed to say that he will play under this captain and not play under that captain. Your job is to represent Pakistan, not any individual so if Imad and amir do refuse in the end, then they should simply take retirement again. For once, we need a group gelled together as 1 unit.
Zindabad buddy. Spoken like a true pakistani fan.

Zindabad buddy. Spoken like a true pakistani fan.
Yeah, man. I am tired of this 1 person worship and this monopoly in the team. World Cup is coming, we need a glued-together team. Not a bunch of individuals who have nothing but hate feelings against each other.

Amir and Imad should be in the squad based on their performances in PSL but they still have to prove their worth against New Zealand that they mean business. Forget who is the captain, be a unit, and make Pakistan proud.

To be 100% fair to babar, Our wc 2021 stint wasn't bad, it was ironically the last world cup in which we were competitive in.

You completely missed my point. The point was Babar is a serial loser who’s won nothing for Pakistan, Pakistan U19s and in the PSL.

He won’t be judged on the outcome of one tournament but rather he’ll be judged on his whole stint.

The bowlers were 🔥, the thing is I'm not unrealistic in my expectations of a captain.

I think afridi in 2010 and 2011 was a great captain even though he didn't win anything.

My issue in 2021 as well as why we flopped miserably in the coming years was Babar's ego.

I don't have any issue with losing to Australia in the semi final in 2021, their a stronger team and we gave them a tough fight, The issue is ego.

Babar's own insistence to open with rizwan cost us the game as their sr were hilariously bad, Compare that to fakhar who on that day at no 3 struck at 171 sr, 55 of 32.

If he had just let fakhar open, it would have been better, instead he and rizwan hogged nearly 15, I REPEAT NESRLY 15 OVERS, by the time we reached over 16 we had 122 on the board, with fakhar we could have reached that by over 13 and hit a 190 score, everyone that day claimed we were 15 runs short.

Secondly his excessive scolding doesn't help, causing drop catches and many matter wade opportunities we didn't take.

Lastly even though Imad haters are blinded by imad hate, of you guys had any brain, you'd realise that hasan Ali, Rauf and Hafeez ended with an economy of 10, 11 and 13 respectively compared to Imad's economy of 8.33.

Babar should have sucked it up and given imad one more over, instead of hafeez, Shaheen’s horrible death bowling in which matter wade hit 3 sixes in a row doesn't help either.

Babar's ego on opening, and his scolding + his panic on not trusting imad with 4 overs deapite him having a better economy then all our fast bowlers and spinners(excluding shadab) cost us the game.

Afridi was not a great captain. That’s me putting it mildly. Not only did he abandon his team after one test match, he actually admitted he wasn’t fit to lead the team after Pakistan got knocked out of the 2016 WT20. In this tournament, his captaincy was awfully exposed.

Also, his defensive captaincy helped India flourish in the last 20 overs or so in 2011 WC Semi-Final.

Pakistan’s best captain since 2000 was Younis Khan. He had the best cricketing mind and unlike most other captains, he was tactically astute.

Salman Butt would’ve been the best if it wasn’t for his spot fixing. Him and Younis Khan are the captains worth mentioning when you consider their superior tactical nous.

You completely missed my point. The point was Babar is a serial loser who’s won nothing for Pakistan, Pakistan U19s and in the PSL.

He won’t be judged on the outcome of one tournament but rather he’ll be judged on his whole stint.

Afridi was not a great captain. That’s me putting it mildly. Not only did he abandon his team after one test match, he actually admitted he wasn’t fit to lead the team after Pakistan got knocked out of the 2016 WT20. In this tournament, his captaincy was awfully exposed.

Also, his defensive captaincy helped India flourish in the last 20 overs or so in 2011 WC Semi-Final.

Pakistan’s best captain since 2000 was Younis Khan. He had the best cricketing mind and unlike most other captains, he was tactically astute.

Salman Butt would’ve been the best if it wasn’t for his spot fixing. Him and Younis Khan are the captains worth mentioning when you consider their superior tactical nous.
2016 is a different story though? That's a has been version who isn't the sane as he once was.

If you ask sarfraz to captain again he wouldn't br able to either.

We lost to India due to multiple reason, dropping Sachin many times and just getting fear hated by India as usual, also India in terms of skill gap was far superior to us.

Afridi's only issue is that he was horrible during the death overs, considering his questionable decision of using saeed ajmal at the back end.

As for babar, I didn't miss your point, I agreed with you 100%, I even cited why bobby failed in 2021 and its entirely due to his ego issues.

I don't mind if a captain doesn't win anything, to win cups luck plays a factor as well, problem with bobby is his ego and his unwillingness to play for the team rather have the team play around him.

Amir and imad shouldn't play under Babar.

If imad and amir win it single handidely like imad won psl, or amir's destructive bowling soell in 2017 babar cults will just say things like great captaincy from babar.

So please walk out, in order for babar to get humiliated.

I will not support a non gelled team.

Amir and imad shouldn't play under Babar.

If imad and amir win it single handidely like imad won psl, or amir's destructive bowling soell in 2017 babar cults will just say things like great captaincy from babar.

So please walk out, in order for babar to get humiliated.

I will not support a non gelled team.
But then statements from Amir and Imad about serving Pakistan alone would be lies.

But then statements from Amir and Imad about serving Pakistan alone would be lies.
Fair, but to be fair to babar, he Is right about imad and Amir not 100% committed to serve Pakistan.

I don't see Amir and imad staying after the cup is over. That is their biggest fault. They are not a good representation of Pakistan cricket, especially in Amir's case. 2010 shall never be forgotten.

Smiles and pleasantries abound here, Will the things remain the same in team Pakistan?

pzZSaWN.jpeg

VI12T9p.jpeg

W32YiFb.jpeg

Smiles and pleasantries abound here, Will the things remain the same in team Pakistan?

pzZSaWN.jpeg

VI12T9p.jpeg

W32YiFb.jpeg
Nice to see Amir, imad and Babar getting along amd burying the hatchet.

I'm cool with it as long as we can be a gelled team.

Also lol Azam Khan finally appeared in a picture and it involves him standing in a corner, not even being able to bend down to play snooker.

Nice to see Amir, imad and Babar getting along amd burying the hatchet.

I'm cool with it as long as we can be a gelled team.

Also lol Azam Khan finally appeared in a picture and it involves him standing in a corner, not even being able to bend down to play snooker.
Bro there was not hatchet.

Inside Babar probably realises these guys make sense. He even said it in his post match interview to Ramiz’s recently that hitting sixes is not his game. That’s whah Amir and Imad have always alluded to, because they know they type of international players they bowl to in the powerplay. Babar isn’t on that level, there is no denying this.

It’s the crazy social media guys that make it more seem more toxic than it actually is.

Bro there was not hatchet.

Inside Babar probably realises these guys make sense. He even said it in his post match interview to Ramiz’s recently that hitting sixes is not his game. That’s whah Amir and Imad have always alluded to, because they know they type of international players they bowl to in the powerplay. Babar isn’t on that level, there is no denying this.

It’s the crazy social media guys that make it more seem more toxic than it actually is.
Tbf the babar babar posts are super annoying driven courtesy of a cult wave.

Babar finds a way to make his way into every thread and every discussion at this point.

Their isn't any animosity, it's just babar, his own fans being children and not growing up to do what's right for their country.

2016 is a different story though? That's a has been version who isn't the sane as he once was.

If you ask sarfraz to captain again he wouldn't br able to either.

We lost to India due to multiple reason, dropping Sachin many times and just getting fear hated by India as usual, also India in terms of skill gap was far superior to us.

Afridi's only issue is that he was horrible during the death overs, considering his questionable decision of using saeed ajmal at the back end.

As for babar, I didn't miss your point, I agreed with you 100%, I even cited why bobby failed in 2021 and its entirely due to his ego issues.

I don't mind if a captain doesn't win anything, to win cups luck plays a factor as well, problem with bobby is his ego and his unwillingness to play for the team rather have the team play around him.

When you say 2016 is a different story, you're implying that he was good or at least relatively decent captain in 2011 and then ended up becoming washed up in 2016. I don't see it that way because his tactics never evolved. He was always very defensive because like Misbah, he had no tactical nous when it came to field placings and devising bowling strategies for any opposing batsmen.

Like many youngsters, who grew up watching Pakistan cricket, Afridi was my favourite player so I always wanted him to do well. After the 2011 World Cup, I continued to back him, as I thought all this blame attached to him, at the time, about "his defensive captaincy helping India score more runs" in the 2011 Semi-Final was just a load of nonsense.

However, fast forward 5 years, the reality had dawned on me and I realised I couldn't have been more wrong, as it became clear that not only Afridi was a defensive captain but there is a clear correlation between those who are educated/good cricketing IQ and their chance of succeeding as Pakistan captain.

Waqar Younis, Shahid Afridi, Misbah and Babar Azam all failed because they all have a low cricketing IQ and because most of them are poorly educated, they didn't carry themselves well.

My biggest regret as a Pakistan fan is supporting Shahid Afridi as a captain during the 2010s. His famous last words were:

As a player, I am fit. As a captain, I am not fit.

When you say 2016 is a different story, you're implying that he was good or at least relatively decent captain in 2011 and then ended up becoming washed up in 2016. I don't see it that way because his tactics never evolved. He was always very defensive because like Misbah, he had no tactical nous when it came to field placings and devising bowling strategies for any opposing batsmen.

Like many youngsters, who grew up watching Pakistan cricket, Afridi was my favourite player so I always wanted him to do well. After the 2011 World Cup, I continued to back him, as I thought all this blame attached to him, at the time, about "his defensive captaincy helping India score more runs" in the 2011 Semi-Final was just a load of nonsense.

However, fast forward 5 years, the reality had dawned on me and I realised I couldn't have been more wrong, as it became clear that not only Afridi was a defensive captain but there is a clear correlation between those who are educated/good cricketing IQ and their chance of succeeding as Pakistan captain.

Waqar Younis, Shahid Afridi, Misbah and Babar Azam all failed because they all have a low cricketing IQ and because most of them are poorly educated, they didn't carry themselves well.

My biggest regret as a Pakistan fan is supporting Shahid Afridi as a captain during the 2010s. His famous last words were:

Fair enough, you clearly know more about Afridi then I do and I'm probably being biased since 2011 world cup was my entry into cricket.

Still had a good discussion though. 👍🏻

Quick question: Do you think afridi is > or below misbah and Babar as captains?

If I was forced to rank.

Our worst captain was Yousaf.

Yousaf was followed by Misbah and then Babar.

Afridi was better than all 3, even though he was defensive.
I never saw yousaf captain.

but I agree with afridi > Misbah > Babar as captain.

It looks like now Azam Khan and Hassan Ali are not happy

Where is Rizwan? Is Snooker not allowed according to him?
Azam khan and hassan might be losing the game, that is why they seem unhappy. LOL

As far as Amir and imad are concerned, they look happy and getting along with Babar nicely. Really want them to get along, we need a strong unit, not 2 or 3 strong individuals.

Quick question: Do you think afridi is > or below misbah and Babar as captains?

Misbah is the worst, as evident by Pakistan’s showing in the 2013 Champions Trophy and 2015 World Cup tournaments. The former was officially the worst performance ever by a Pakistan side in an ICC tournament. The latter wasn’t much better. Wahab Riaz saved Pakistan from losing against Zimbabwe.

Misbah’s captaincy did a lot of damage to Pakistan cricket as he set the template that allowed a culture of cliques, stat padding, milestone pursuing and cake cutting in lost causes to thrive. Babar Azam was groomed by Misbah, so it comes to no surprise that he followed this template like a holy book of its own.

I feel let down by Afridi but I would take him over Misbah and Babar, any day of the week.

I know he didn’t captain for long but the best captain for Pakistan captain in the last 15 years was hands down Younis Khan. This is the only guy who had a sound cricketing mind but was also clean i.e no match/spot fixing.

He’s the only captain who understood Afridi and was able to get the best out of him, when he excelled in the 2009 WT20. This was the only ICC tournament where Afridi put together a string of consistent performances with the bat. Younis Khan’s decision to promote him to number 3 in the final and also against South Africa turned out to be a masterstroke.

Younis Khan’s tactical nous was also on full display during the first over of that 2009 final, when Amir was bowling to Dilshan, who was the leading run scorer in the tournament. Amir’s execution was perfect as Dilshan was unable to put bat to ball with just one delivery left in the over. The plan was another piece of genius by Younis Khan, as Dilshan got bounced out by Amir in the final ball of the over in what was a memorable wicket taking over.

Younis Khan didn’t even captain Pakistan for a year but he captained in 2 x ICC tournaments in 2009. He won the WT20 and also took Pakistan to the Semi-Finals after beating India. This was Pakistan’s second win in an ICC tournament so it was a momentous occasion.

Babar should be ruthless no yaari dosti , and going by life experiences when given second chance people behave differently even in cricket, Wasim Akram 2nd stint captaincy was good and proactive.

What Babar wants for NZ series will be interesting do he really thinks Imad and Amir fit in his plans and what about Haris hit me Rauf. Performances of young players like WasimJr. and Muhammad Ali should not be overlooked. Finally Babar was the main reason Usama Mir played World Cup like a teenager mentaility.

15 sqaud should be

Rizwan
Saim
Babar
Fakhar
Usman
Ifitikhar
Shadab
WasimJr.
SSA
Zaman
Mir
----------------
Muhammad Ali , Amir, Farhan, Imad

The time has come for Amir and Imad to keep their word and for once support the new captain and think about the country first instead of keeping any hate thoughts for anyone. Country should come first.

Babar and Imads relationship suffered when the Karachi Kings under pressure from Babar Azam sacked Imad as captain and appointed him. Babar has now done the same thing to Shaheen

The men who ranted on TV are now going to playing under the captaincy of the man they claim didn't deserve a spot.

Babar is the 'establishment' when it comes to Pakistan cricket. Eventually everyone falls in line.

What a lose-lose situation for these two.

If they make themselves unavailable for selection and retire again, they will get criticized for their selfishness.

If they make themselves available and are not picked by Babar, they will be trolled for announcing their comeback only to get shafted.

If they make themselves available and play, they will be taking instructions from Babar and will have to tape their mouths after barking for a year. Meanwhile, Babar will come across as someone with a big heart who didn’t let personal differences get in the way.

You wouldn’t want to be Amir and Imad right now.

Not the worst thing in the world for Shaheen. He was always a massive Babar fan with his socha tha piyaar ham na karenge hashtag or whatever it was. Doubt he cares too much, seems to be having fun in Snooker.

He gets to double down on concentrating on bowling which he desperately needs to do, now he can do it without worrying about captaincy.

But was Babar’s PSL captaincy really that good that it put him back as National captain? Don’t know, didn’t really follow PSL this year.

Not sure how I feel atm. But Babar would know now not to take things easy. Greater scrutiny on him this time than previous stint.

As I said in the other thread, this is a lose-lose situation for Amir and Imad and they deserve this humiliation.

If they make themselves unavailable for selection and retire again, they will get criticized for their selfishness.

If they make themselves available and are not picked by Babar, they will be trolled for announcing their comeback only to get shafted.

If they make themselves available and play, they will be taking instructions from Babar and will have to tape their mouths after barking for a year. Meanwhile, Babar will come across as someone with a big heart who didn’t let personal differences get in the way.

You wouldn’t want to be Amir and Imad right now.

Some of you need to grow up. These guys are professionals who are paid money to play cricket. At the end of the day, no single player is bigger than the team. I'm sure both Amir and Imad are toxic individuals to a great extent in real life. But I don't see why they won't put whatever personal differences they have aside to play cricket and win matches. Fact is, they were asked to come back to the team. So I don't know what "embarrassment" certain deluded posters are talking about.

These personal wars seem to exist only in the minds of fans who are more interested in gossip than they are in cricket.

Back