[EXCLUSIVE] "You never know, I can take my retirement back": Imad Wasim

Imad Wasim as captain:

51 matches, won 23, Lost 24. W/L ratio: 0.95

Babar Azam as captain:

27 matches, won 9, Lost 18. W/L ratio:0.50

No logic in this?
I stand correct. Babar won probably half of the games for Imad in first place.

@Mamoon one point will add that the PSL that karachi won was not a proper psl.

The main event ended due to covid, they than played a seperate event few months later with each team starting from 0 and with some new faces.

What I love about reading your posts on the cricket side of PP is that you're never short of supplying us with all your gems :ROFLMAO:

I don't know if you follow football, but going by your logic, Liverpool's first ever Premier League trophy was not a proper Premier League win because the football season was interrupted due to lockdown. Do you not see how absurd you sound? 🤡

But this is a predictable pattern of your agenda filled posts. Notable examples include:
  • Misbah being a superior batsman over Inzamam - pro-Misbah/anti-Inzamam agenda
  • Misbah never wanted Amir in Pakistan's team - pro-Misbah/anti-Amir agenda
  • Pakistan would have won the 2017 CT without Amir - as above

Imad as captain is ten times the leader Babar or Rizwan can dream to be.

This is exactly the point, Babar isn't fit to tie Imad's shoelaces when it comes to leadership. The reason why Imad's contributions as captain are being dismissed is because they cannot acknowledge that when it comes to captaincy, Imad > Babar.

Babar took KK to a record low of 1 win and 9 losses. No other captain has produced less than 2 wins and a grand total of 9 losses after an entire season of PSL. KK won it under Imad before Babar took over in 2022. Imad was reinstated as captain in the following year and he still managed to get more out of KK with an inferior side.

You have to remember the individual who claims that "Imad's leadership holds zero value" is the same person who vouched for Babar's captaincy during the Sarfraz era. But the delusion doesn't end there, he actually wants Babar to be reinstated as Pakistan captain 👏:LOL:.

If you were to ask him, who is the better captain out of Imad and Babar, he will never admit that the former is superior, so in order to obfuscate his agenda, he has resorted to tarnishing Imad's PSL win.

Well there clearly is a rivalry, both are hated by each other’s fan bases, albeit Babar’s fanbase is far bigger just like Imran Khan’s vote bank in Pakistan.

That’s besides the point. Babar didn’t leave KK because of animosity with Imad and Amir, that played a role but not as big as the one by Wasim Akram. I’ve tried my best to contextualise the situation that occurred at time. I’m sure nobody shoved Babar out of the door, he left on his own accord.

Wasim forewarned Pakistan about how selfish and insecure Babar is but no one took heed to his warning. Amir and Imad were not going to tolerate that and why should they? In Babar's last season for KK, he took them to last place with 1 win and 9 losses. I mean can you blame the players for taking a stand against him?

What's crazy is how Babar fans turned on Wasim Akram and made death threats towards Simon Doull for saying what everyone knows.

What I love about reading your posts on the cricket side of PP is that you're never short of supplying us with all your gems :ROFLMAO:

I don't know if you follow football, but going by your logic, Liverpool's first ever Premier League trophy was not a proper Premier League win because the football season was interrupted due to lockdown. Do you not see how absurd you sound? 🤡

But this is a predictable pattern of your agenda filled posts. Notable examples include:
  • Misbah being a superior batsman over Inzamam - pro-Misbah/anti-Inzamam agenda
  • Misbah never wanted Amir in Pakistan's team - pro-Misbah/anti-Amir agenda
  • Pakistan would have won the 2017 CT without Amir - as above
i dont follow football..

But the PSL in which karachi won was just a joke as the teams had to start again, and all the combinations were messed up The whole point of the league became to just somehow find a winner and end it as quick as possible.

KK failed to replicate that performance few months later. Even Qalanders reaching the final was a fluke, but than during 22 and 23 they actually came to the finals again and won it

Wasim forewarned Pakistan about how selfish and insecure Babar is but no one took heed to his warning. Amir and Imad were not going to tolerate that and why should they? In Babar's last season for KK, he took them to last place with 1 win and 9 losses. I mean can you blame the players for taking a stand against him?

What's crazy is how Babar fans turned on Wasim Akram and made death threats towards Simon Doull for saying what everyone knows.
Yes. Cultish behaviour. You can see it here again with some ridiculous claims.

“Babar was a one man show”

But Hales smashed 250+ runs with a sr of 148 and an average of 45….how is that not a significant contribution? (If not the important one)

Yes. Cultish behaviour. You can see it here again with some ridiculous claims.

Babar was a one man show

But Hales smashed 250+ runs with a sr of 148 and an average of 45….how is that not a significant contribution? (If not the important one)

For anyone to claim that KK's win under Imad in 2020 was just a one man show under Babar is either lying because of their anti-Imad/Pro-Babar agenda or are simply clueless. They'll spout any sort of rubbish to avoid acknowledging that Imad is a superior captain to Babar.

The truth of the matter is Babar wasn't even KK's best batsman in that 2020 season. Yes he scored the most runs but there is something "Mr Babar should be Pakistan Captain" has failed to disclose. Not sure if him and the Babar fan club are ready for this:

🥁

🥁

🥁

His strike rate of 124 was the lowest from the top 10 run scorers in the 2020 season.

1709341271549.png

124 isn't even that good and is actually terrible for someone who faced 381 deliveries with the bat during that 2020 season. Babar faced 50% more deliveries than the next highest player than the next highest player, which makes it blindingly obvious how selfish he is as a batsman.

A strike rate of 124 equates to a score of 148 in 20 overs. That is awful and backs up what Wasim Akram said about him "playing for himself". Anyone with half decent batting ability can occupy the crease in a T20 game, with the fielders out on the boundary, if they are going to go into their shell.

This goes to show how gullible one has to be to buy into the hype of Babar and how deluded it is to compare him to a "Ferrari". More like a Ferrari with a Skoda engine.

Shan Masood was the sixth highest run scorer and even a batsman of his limited ability managed to score his runs at higher strike rate than Babar :ROFLMAO:.

You've rightly pointed out Alex Hales because he was actually KK's best batsman. Yes he scored less runs but as shown in the list above, he was among the highest run scorers, after having played 3 x less matches than what Babar did. I would take his runs, his average of 45 at a strike rate of 148 any day over an average of 59 at a strike rate of just 124.

I've been patiently reading all the substandard analysis by the "Mr Babar should be Pakistan Captain" and the Babar cult but it was only a matter of time before I humbled them with yet another truth bomb.

For anyone to claim that KK's win under Imad in 2020 was just a one man show under Babar is either lying because of their anti-Imad/Pro-Babar agenda or are simply clueless. They'll spout any sort of rubbish to avoid acknowledging that Imad is a superior captain to Babar.

The truth of the matter is Babar wasn't even KK's best batsman in that 2020 season. Yes he scored the most runs but there is something "Mr Babar should be Pakistan Captain" has failed to disclose. Not sure if him and the Babar fan club are ready for this:

🥁

🥁

🥁

His strike rate of 124 was the lowest from the top 10 run scorers in the 2020 season.

View attachment 142478

124 isn't even that good and is actually terrible for someone who faced 381 deliveries with the bat during that 2020 season. Babar faced 50% more deliveries than the next highest player than the next highest player, which makes it blindingly obvious how selfish he is as a batsman.

A strike rate of 124 equates to a score of 148 in 20 overs. That is awful and backs up what Wasim Akram said about him "playing for himself". Anyone with half decent batting ability can occupy the crease in a T20 game, with the fielders out on the boundary, if they are going to go into their shell.

This goes to show how gullible one has to be to buy into the hype of Babar and how deluded it is to compare him to a "Ferrari". More like a Ferrari with a Skoda engine.

Shan Masood was the sixth highest run scorer and even a batsman of his limited ability managed to score his runs at higher strike rate than Babar :ROFLMAO:.

You've rightly pointed out Alex Hales because he was actually KK's best batsman. Yes he scored less runs but as shown in the list above, he was among the highest run scorers, after having played 3 x less matches than what Babar did. I would take his runs, his average of 45 at a strike rate of 148 any day over an average of 59 at a strike rate of just 124.

I've been patiently reading all the substandard analysis by the "Mr Babar should be Pakistan Captain" and the Babar cult but it was only a matter of time before I humbled them with yet another truth bomb.

I should also add, whilst Hales played 3 x fewer matches, he actually played 4 x fewer innings than Babar, which is obviously the more relevant stat. Babar's average is also inflated by 3 x not out scores, which comes as no surprise, because everyone knows he's selfish and as said by Wasim Akram, he plays for himself.

If we go by runs per innings, Babar's average reduces to 43 and Hales ends up with 39. So in this regard, there isn't much in it when it comes to run scoring ability. But when it comes to strike rates, the difference between the two is night and day.

"Babar one man show" and "Imad was carried by Babar" claims have been debunked and now belong to the dustbin.

Guys, this thread is not a comparison thread. Do not make it one. Please

This is exactly the point, Babar isn't fit to tie Imad's shoelaces when it comes to leadership. The reason why Imad's contributions as captain are being dismissed is because they cannot acknowledge that when it comes to captaincy, Imad > Babar.
Babar isn’t fit to tie Imad’s shoelaces as captain but yet, Babar captained Peshawar to a higher finish than Imad’s Karachi last year.

Please explain why and how such a vastly superior captain finished below Babar who doesn’t know anything about captaincy.

Last year’s PSL destroyed all the myths surrounding Imad’s captaincy. No wonder he got booted out from Karachi and Islamabad didn’t offer him captaincy because they too don’t rate his so-called great cricket mind.

Imad’s captaincy is a scam. A myth. Also, I don’t understand why you don’t have the courage to quote me directly.

Babar isn’t fit to tie Imad’s shoelaces as captain but yet, Babar captained Peshawar to a higher finish than Imad’s Karachi last year.

Please explain why and how such a vastly superior captain finished below Babar who doesn’t know anything about captaincy.

Last year’s PSL destroyed all the myths surrounding Imad’s captaincy. No wonder he got booted out from Karachi and Islamabad didn’t offer him captaincy because they too don’t rate his so-called great cricket mind.

Imad’s captaincy is a scam. A myth. Also, I don’t understand why you don’t have the courage to quote me directly.
With one or two more wins? That makes Babar an epic captain and Imad the dirt of the earth? He’s still 15 wins behind Imad, why not wait until he overtakes him in the year 2030?

With one or two more wins? That makes Babar an epic captain and Imad the dirt of the earth? He’s still 15 wins behind Imad, why not wait until he overtakes him in the year 2030?
There is no zero justification for Babar finishing above Imad if Babar isn’t fit to tie his shoelaces as captain.

One or two more wins or twenty. There is no zero justification.

There is no zero justification for Babar finishing above Imad if Babar isn’t fit to tie his shoelaces as captain.

One or two more wins or twenty. There is no zero justification.
Well then How is Babar falling behind the likes of Shadab Khan?

What was your excuse when Shan Masood wiped the floor with his ‘worst ever assembled squad in franchise cricket history’ with Babar Azam’s captaincy a few days back?

Well then How is Babar falling behind the likes of Shadab Khan?

What was your excuse when Shan Masood wiped the floor with his ‘worst ever assembled squad in franchise cricket history’ with Babar Azam’s captaincy a few days back?
I don’t think Babar is a benchmark for great captaincy either. There are certainly flaws in his leadership.

But my problem is with people peddling this fake narrative that Imad is some great cricketing mind who is in a different league to Babar when it comes to leadership and should have been the white ball captain for Pakistan all these years. None of them is remotely true.

It amazes me that a thoroughly average cricketer like Imad has developed a cult following just because he criticized Babar’s approach in T20s.

The same approach that won him the PSL in 2020 and the same approach that he used to praise before he changed colors after getting kicked out of the team in 2021

Imad’s criticism of Babar would have had some credibility if he didn’t prove himself to be a hypocrite of the highest order. Where this criticism before 2022?

What's the point of taking back retirement?

I don't understand why pakistani players do this? We saw this with shahid afridi multiple times.

Just step away and leave when you can brother. Imad waseem is ancient news now.

@Rana

What is the role of Mr. Einstein in this United team?

He doesn’t bat and barely gets to bowl. Is he there to ensure that they are able to field 11 players?

Or is he hanging around so that Shadab can the brains of the great cricketing mind?

@Rana

What is the role of Mr. Einstein in this United team?

He doesn’t bat and barely gets to bowl. Is he there to ensure that they are able to field 11 players?

Or is he hanging around so that Shadab can the brains of the great cricketing mind?
The person to ask that question is Mike Hesson, who is a highly respected coach. If they don’t need him, they shouldn’t play him. There are decent players on Islamabad’s bench. It’s not like I am his agent.

Imad is washed up now. He is the worst of the lot playing in this PSL. Amir eating him by miles. He is not just talking, he is showing his class as well but Imad has proven himself to be a hack. Either he is not interested in participating in this PSL for Islamabad or he is out of form badly.

Imad is washed up now. He is the worst of the lot playing in this PSL. Amir eating him by miles. He is not just talking, he is showing his class as well but Imad has proven himself to be a hack. Either he is not interested in participating in this PSL for Islamabad or he is out of form badly.
From his body language it seems like he is being forced to play in this PSL.

no interest, no performance at all!

Babar's average is also inflated by 3 x not out scores, which comes as no surprise, because everyone knows he's selfish and as said by Wasim Akram, he plays for himself.
Yes, he should have thrown his wicket away in the final like an idiot and flopped like everyone else including Hales.

Yes Karachi would have won the match, but at least the delusional and ignorant fans would have handed him the “unselfishness” and “team player” awards which matter more than winning matches and winning the man of the match after taking his team over the line.

IMG_5395.png

Imad Wasim finally delivering with the ball in PSL 9 for IU, his figures in today's encounter against his former side Karachi Kings 1/18 in his 4 overs.

What a remarkable victory for Islamabad United! Imad Wasim played a pivotal role, scoring an unbeaten 30*(13) and leading Islamabad to successfully chase down 229. This outstanding performance stands as his best in PSL 9 thus far.

Sad day for the Imad detractors. Once again he showed he is one of the best Pakistan has when it comes to handling pressure. One of the best PSL innings ever in my opinion and yet another sad reminder of how badly we wasted his potential in limited-overs cricket.

I'll never forget Imad's innings against Afghanistan in the 2019 World Cup. Sure, it was Afghanistan a team we should have won against anyway back then. But I'll never be able to forget the tension and nerves I had watching the final moments of that match. And the happiness I felt when we won that game.

Cricket is not all about stats. Having players with that x-factor who know how to deliver in pressure situations is important. Its a shame Imad was only analyzed for his ability to take wickets and was never fully utilized for his batting ability either. Even at 35 he can deliver performances like this.

Innings like these show your quality . We wasted time with Nawaz who costed many games . Thanks to ego of Babar . Imad is proven match winner . Only Sarfraz was able to get best out of him at international level. Hope they call him back for Wt20

Off course he is. One fluke innings when smashing Usama mir doesn't make you good. Shaheen has more runs than him this psl
Thats the whole issue. Imad is overweight and because he smashed a few useless bowlers in PSL (like 1 innings) people think he should be back. Seriously pathetic mindset. Imad has potential yes, but that was many years ago.

Thats the whole issue. Imad is overweight and because he smashed a few useless bowlers in PSL (like 1 innings) people think he should be back. Seriously pathetic mindset. Imad has potential yes, but that was many years ago.
Imad never had any potential to begin with a rubbish bowler shown by his stats in proper format and only useless for for few runs. Awful fitness and a pathetic fielder and lets not even talk about his attitude.

Shaheen is Pakistan captain and Imad will be sitting at home when proper cricket begins.
Whilst all the real fans will be demanding for Imad to be in the squad, alongside Amir…

Whilst Pakistan will just lose as usual

Whilst all the real fans will be demanding for Imad to be in the squad, alongside Amir…

Whilst Pakistan will just lose as usual
Real fans? According to who? Fact is Shaheen is Pakistan captain and your heros are jealous and not in the team.

Imad never had any potential to begin with a rubbish bowler shown by his stats in proper format and only useless for for few runs. Awful fitness and a pathetic fielder and lets not even talk about his attitude.
Economy rate of 6.27 and bowling average of 21 are impressive numbers!

I think with the bat he had potential to become a no 4 or 5 in white ball cricket.

But we will never know.

I think with the bat he had potential to become a no 4 or 5 in white ball cricket.

But we will never know.
I disagree, his batting has potential to be a solid no 7 or even 6 but nothing above that. He game against pace is awful other than slogging.

Real fans? According to who? Fact is Shaheen is Pakistan captain and your heros are jealous and not in the team.
Shaheen wants Amir in the team. He needs him. What do you have to say to that?

Read again a proper format. Can you tell us any of his memorable performances?
Today when it most mattered. His side was about to get eliminated. They are not eliminated now. Thanks to Imad

Today when it most mattered. His side was about to get eliminated. They are not eliminated now. Thanks to Imad
When is mattered for Pakistan he always choked and went missing. Today was thanks to shadab Munro and Usman mir.

Ah we’re all dying for you to return mate.

The delusion is unreal.

At least with Aamir at one point in his career he was a world class prospect, and there’s a romanticism with the bowler who made world class players look like clowns at the highest level before it all fell apart.

But with you Imad, you were never an elite prospect or someone who could develop into a world class player, you achieved very little for Pakistan, your best moments have generally come off the pitch running your mouth, that’s what you are, an aunty who gossips and makes big statements while the men do all the hard work.

So do us a favour and stay retired mate, stay retired.

Ah we’re all dying for you to return mate.

The delusion is unreal.

At least with Aamir at one point in his career he was a world class prospect, and there’s a romanticism with the bowler who made world class players look like clowns at the highest level before it all fell apart.

But with you Imad, you were never an elite prospect or someone who could develop into a world class player, you achieved very little for Pakistan, your best moments have generally come off the pitch running your mouth, that’s what you are, an aunty who gossips and makes big statements while the men do all the hard work.

So do us a favour and stay retired mate, stay retired.
Hahah. Couldn't have put it any better. His own crowd makes fun of him.

Unreal bowling figures (3-12 from 4 overs) on a very batting friendly wicket.

Two back to back knock out games won by Imad for his franchise

The most trash cricketer ever to represent Pakistan

9 runs given in 3 powerplay overs... that alone is a stellar performance and the fact that he took 3 wickets is even more impressive.

Lets see how Imad does against Saim and Babar.
He’s done well against some of the best white ball batters of the modern era, you are making it sound as if it’s a young bowler being tested against Australia first team openers

This guy should have been playing every LOI game for years. It’s so sad that he isn’t.

I don’t think the guy seriously cares anymore. He’s let himself go and focused on leagues.

People don’t fluke great stats over a consistent period of time. Same story for Fawad too. To drop a guy go who got to no.1 in the bowling rankings, and averaged over 42 at SR 110 in ODIs is criminal.

@topspin check all the people who liked this post. Does it come as any surprise to you?

Well spotted. All part of the RizBar cult including the author of the post, who wants Babar to be reinstated as captain 🤡 . At least two of those likes are from Misbah fans, who're also part of the RizBar cult, one of whom wanted Simon Doull to be "cancelled". Do you remember this?

@topspin check all the people who liked this post. Does it come as any surprise to you?

Also he mentions how he "laughs at the deluded fans". This is coming from the same guy who wants Babar reinstated as captain.

Also the joke is on him after Imad received his man of the match award today in an important eliminator.

Along with PakEngFan, he's another one with an anti-Imad agenda who's credibility has been exposed today.

Beautiful. :imad

Well spotted. All part of the RizBar cult including the author of the post, who wants Babar to be reinstated as captain 🤡 . At least two of those likes are from Misbah fans, who're also part of the RizBar cult, one of whom wanted Simon Doull to be "cancelled". Do you remember this?
Of course. They are all in on it.

Also he mentions how he "laughs at the deluded fans". This is coming from the same guy who wants Babar reinstated as captain.

Also the joke is on him after Imad received his man of the match award today in an important eliminator.

Along with PakEngFan, he's another one with an anti-Imad agenda who's credibility has been exposed today.

Beautiful. :imad
I’m especially praying for Mamoon’s wish to be fulfilled in this Holy Month of Ramadhan. Because I want all supposed myths to be busted once and for all about Babar’s removal from captaincy. It seems like this needs to be settled properly once and for all.

Of course. They are all in on it.

It’s not just Imad who’s been critical of Babar. Simon Doull has recieved death threats and Wasim Akram has been turned on for sharing the same sentiment as Imad by these toxic cult followers of Babar/Rizwan/Misbah.

We have Misbah's biggest cheerleader, who last year wanted Doull to be cancelled. It would not surprise me if death threats were sent as well.

Anyone with blind hate for Imad should be called out and exposed.

I’m especially praying for Mamoon’s wish to be fulfilled in this Holy Month of Ramadhan. Because I want all supposed myths to be busted once and for all about Babar’s removal from captaincy. It seems like this needs to be settled properly once and for all.

He is a weird one. His flip flopping exposed by Dr saab in post #355:

Mamoon seems to have completly changed his entire viewpoint and done a complete 360 in regards to Pakistan cricket tbh.

But regardless Pakengfan's blood must be boiling lol. Imad 2, pakengfan 0.

It’s not just Imad who’s been critical of Babar. Simon Doull has recieved death threats and Wasim Akram has been turned on for sharing the same sentiment as Imad by these toxic cult followers of Babar/Rizwan/Misbah.

We have Misbah's biggest cheerleader, who last year wanted Doull to be cancelled. It would not surprise me if death threats were sent as well.

Anyone with blind hate for Imad should be called out and exposed.
Naw bro, they'll respond with

GIVE ME ONE GAME WHERE IMAD HAS SINGLE HANDIDELY WON AN ENTIRE 11 MAN GAME ALL BY HIMSELF?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mamoon seems to have completly changed his entire viewpoint and done a complete 360 in regards to Pakistan cricket tbh.

But regardless Pakengfan's blood must be boiling lol. Imad 2, pakengfan 0.
Yeah I mean I’ve conceded to Mamoon’s PZ pro Babar propaganda and am desperately hoping for Babar to once again captain Pakistan in white ball cricket. 4 years on the job and there is one guy who still claims Babar was unfairly removed. Shaheen has been below par in his first 5 games as captain but there seems to be know leniency shown towards him.

If that’s the Zillat these guys want, I hope that their wishes are fulfilled.

bAbAr Is ThE cApTaIn Of My FrAnChIsE So He HaS A bIrThRiGhT tO cApTaIn PaKiStAn

Naw bro, they'll respond with

GIVE ME ONE GAME WHERE IMAD HAS SINGLE HANDIDELY WON AN ENTIRE 11 MAN GAME ALL BY HIMSELF?

Just so you know, cricket is a team sport, one man doesn't win you a match alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back