Expectations from Maryam Nawaz as Punjab CM

Sher Khan

Local Club Captain
Runs
So Maryam Nawaz taking her oath as Punjab CM tomorrow. I see this as a golden time in Pakistan's history. I like her a lot, she is one of the most hardworking and forward thinking politicians in the country. Seems like she has already stuck her teeth into her work and is raring to go. I have high expectations with her and believe she will bring back the glory of the 2013-2018 era in Punjab.

What are your expectations?

Seriously? Hardworking, forward-thinking, high expectations, sorry but what gibberish is this? Give me one job Maryam has done before based on her hardwork she got the role of CM Punjab.

As far as what is going to happen its not so bright. Expect her to put a decent chunk of development funds into technology. This technology would be used for spying on people in Punjab and at best creation of some real time videos. Expect every hotel room in Punjab now to be bugged with some sort of hidden camera that can be used at a later date for some benefits.

Expect taxes to be lowered for luxury products and import of high-end fashion products to be eased. This will essentially kill the local businesses.

Expect more construction projects in Lahore where there will be massive kickbacks from their "approved" contractors. Btw Lahore is the start and end of Punjab for PMLN.

Expect more judges and senior beaurocrats to resign as they would be shown their indecent pictures / videos and they would succumb to pressure.

Expect less qualified and total idiots at important posts especially in Police and beaurocracy.

Expect the lowest of possible fund allocation to education and healthcare.

Expect the worst and she will still outperform your worst expectation.

On a serious note, hopefully sasti roti scheme is induced again , last time it was Rs.2/- keeping in mind the inflation it should be Rs. 10/- now, feed the poor please

She is a disaster for PML-N. She is the most toxic and arrogant. Because of it, PML-N has become infamous.
I disagree. She has her own fan base amongst the youth. First it was all about Nawaz Sharif but during the last few years Maryam had led the party well.

The real problem PMLN has lost support is because of the dirty propaganda by Imran Khan against the Sharif's. He has made every Pakistani think they are a poor nation because Nawaz Sharif has looted the wealth.

She wont be as worse as Buzdar, that is a guarantee.

On a serious note, hopefully sasti roti scheme is induced again , last time it was Rs.2/- keeping in mind the inflation it should be Rs. 10/- now, feed the poor please
No matter whos govt in place, we cant afford such subsidies. Roti is Rs. 25, so going to Rs. 10 means a very huge subsidy being added.

No matter if its health, or any other kind of social benefit, subsidies can and should only be given when Tax collection improves. Unless and until we dont move from single digit percentage to double digit, all subsidies should be refrained.

Once the tax collection percentage reaches double digit, than start giving subsidies and funds to the poorest of the society.

She is a disaster for PML-N. She is the most toxic and arrogant. Because of it, PML-N has become infamous.
True. But if she wants to build a political career and become a future candidate for PM slot in a fair election, than she needs to do actual work that will benefit Punjab.

She wont be as worse as Buzdar, that is a guarantee.
No matter whos govt in place, we cant afford such subsidies. Roti is Rs. 25, so going to Rs. 10 means a very huge subsidy being added.

No matter if its health, or any other kind of social benefit, subsidies can and should only be given when Tax collection improves. Unless and until we dont move from single digit percentage to double digit, all subsidies should be refrained.

Once the tax collection percentage reaches double digit, than start giving subsidies and funds to the poorest of the society.

Yes we can afford Air ambulance but not Sasti Roti

Can you explain the hard working and forward thinking part?

I know she worked very hard for her fake PHD and she was so forward thinking that she was using calibri font 1 year before it was available but is there any examples of what she has done or is capable of doing?

Can you explain the hard working and forward thinking part?

I know she worked very hard for her fake PHD and she was so forward thinking that she was using calibri font 1 year before it was available but is there any examples of what she has done or is capable of doing?

Hey, when Imran came, didnt you guys say give him an year, and than after an year said given him 2 and than after which said give him a term and than said he only did one term, other parties did 30 years so give him that.

So hey, give her an year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, when Imran came, didnt you guys say give him an year, and than after an year said given him 2 and than after which said give him a term and than said he only did one term, other parties did 30 years so give him that.

Imran came on merit plus a bit of a deal. He at least had an ideology, built up his party over many years.

This 'lady' is a complete stooge. What exactly is her political ideology? I think she would fail high school politics class. By politics I mean proper politics not saazish and horse trading style of Pakistani politics.

It's like if suddenly Arsal Sheikh became Pakistan cricket captain. What would you say to someone who said give him time lol

Imran came on merit plus a bit of a deal. He at least had an ideology, built up his party over many years.

This 'lady' is a complete stooge. What exactly is her political ideology? I think she would fail high school politics class. By politics I mean proper politics not saazish and horse trading style of Pakistani politics.

It's like if suddenly Arsal Sheikh became Pakistan cricket captain. What would you say to someone who said give him time lol
no he did not come on merit.

infact, no MNA is elected on merit. WHat bills he proposed or had passed? PTI has no ideology.

Maryams ideology is aligned with her party which is economic development. Whether that is required or not is a seperate argument. But PTI had none.

So Maryam Nawaz taking her oath as Punjab CM tomorrow. I see this as a golden time in Pakistan's history. I like her a lot, she is one of the most hardworking and forward thinking politicians in the country. Seems like she has already stuck her teeth into her work and is raring to go. I have high expectations with her and believe she will bring back the glory of the 2013-2018 era in Punjab.

What are your expectations?

What exactly was achieved in this glorious period of Punjab 2013-2018? I am pretty sure we were all on PP at that time and all we read about here was the usual wrist slitting "woe is Pakistan" dirge.

Also, I am keen to learn how a glorious era (which probably translates as heavy investment in Pujab) leads to a golden time in Pakistan's history. Since the rest of Pakistan is not Punjab and probably needs investment too.

no he did not come on merit.

infact, no MNA is elected on merit. WHat bills he proposed or had passed? PTI has no ideology.

Maryams ideology is aligned with her party which is economic development. Whether that is required or not is a seperate argument. But PTI had none.

Economic development isn't an ideology. Is there any party in the world who doesn't want economic merit?

Economic development isn't an ideology. Is there any party in the world who doesn't want economic merit?
Yes it is an ideology.

Economic policies vary by each party.

Economic development by PMLN is by building infrastructure and increasing the aggregate demand. PPP is more focussed on bills related to foreign policy.

What exactly was achieved in this glorious period of Punjab 2013-2018? I am pretty sure we were all on PP at that time and all we read about here was the usual wrist slitting "woe is Pakistan" dirge.

Also, I am keen to learn how a glorious era (which probably translates as heavy investment in Pujab) leads to a golden time in Pakistan's history. Since the rest of Pakistan is not Punjab and probably needs investment too.
students were given free laptops. Alot of the freelancing took place because of those laptops. It allowed a new entrant in the market to sell a laptop with Core i5 for just Rs.20,000. Scholorships were given by both Punjab govt and sindh govt.

CPEC signing. This led to more roads being made to connect Pakistan with other areas and our electricity production improved. Punjab is connected with a great road network.

Public transport was created in major cities of Punjab.

Also, they reduced corruption by introducing e marzaki centers where simple tasks like transfer of vehicles, making domciiles were made an easier process and not require one to go to courts.

students were given free laptops. Alot of the freelancing took place because of those laptops. It allowed a new entrant in the market to sell a laptop with Core i5 for just Rs.20,000. Scholorships were given by both Punjab govt and sindh govt.

CPEC signing. This led to more roads being made to connect Pakistan with other areas and our electricity production improved. Punjab is connected with a great road network.

Also, they reduced corruption by introducing e marzaki centers where simple tasks like transfer of vehicles, making domciiles were made an easier process and not require one to go to courts.

If that was your attitude during a golden period, what would it look like during bad times? :unsure:

If that was your attitude during a golden period, what would it look like during bad times? :unsure:
you seem to be confused about Punjab (THE PROVINCE), and Pakistan (THE COUNTRY).

Quite funny how when dates are given as a golden period, and when it's pointed out that a poster gushing about that golden period was one of the biggest moaners of the time, suddenly the debates are cut short and words go missing. :salute

Maybe you should try reading my post #15 again, try the last line and see if it registers this time.
nope, either understand the difference between province and country, along with the govt structure of pakistan with 18th amendment, if not, than maybe not concern yourself with a foreign country's politics if you dont know its basics

PTI workers, PTI supporters and family members, please migrate to KP because Maryam with the help of Punjab police is going to unleash terror and seek revenge on an unprecedented scale. She derives pleasure from the suffering of her opponents especially her women competitors.

PTI workers, PTI supporters and family members, please migrate to KP because Maryam with the help of Punjab police is going to unleash terror and seek revenge on an unprecedented scale. She derives pleasure from the suffering of her opponents especially her women competitors.
PTI fans couldnt return back to the country when Imran came to power, so we all know the little confidence PTI fans have in there leaders

Maybe you should try reading my post #15 again, try the last line and see if it registers this time.
To answer your original question. Sindh belongs to PPP and KPK belongs to PTI. PMLN never wins in those provinces so they can't exactly do much there.

To answer your original question. Sindh belongs to PPP and KPK belongs to PTI. PMLN never wins in those provinces so they can't exactly do much there.
he doesnt know Pakistan's parliamentary system, because he claims to be a foreigner. Yet, takes more interest in our country's politics

So is there no central treasury for Pakistan? All revenues earned in Karachi belong only to Sindh? All revenues earned in Punjab get allocated only to Punjab etc?

Why? She is a criminal and has stolen the people's mandate. She is head of a party that won less than 20 seats so why should she be given any slack.

Well they could do if they showed some humanity and governance. It lost Punjab badly and we still have the criminals in govt, why?

Do you ever question our esteemed Indian posters why as foreigners they take such an interest in your country's politics? Maybe you think they have Pakistan's best interests at heart? :kapil
Indians' interests are well known, and there is no hiding. So he is doing right in focusing on those pakistanis who interests are doubtable.

How about her achievement of stopping the free health insurance for the poor, which was caught on tape telling her chacha to stop because it made IK popular. She was right, it did IK popular and that's why he smashed the crooks in Punjab. And that's why this " anti establishment" women" has no support and can't take a breath without Establishment

Why? She is a criminal and has stolen the people's mandate. She is head of a party that won less than 20 seats so why should she be given any slack.

20 seats? whatever suits your narrative.

She has a very toxic personality and her mandate is very much questionable but wish her all the best for Punjab's sake

Hope we get to see more public transport projects rather useless flyovers and underpasses for rich people with cars. Pakistan should only give subsidy on public transport, health and education.

I think she will have a authoritian rule, crush her opponents, similar to sheikh Hasina

How about her achievement of stopping the free health insurance for the poor, which was caught on tape telling her chacha to stop because it made IK popular. She was right, it did IK popular and that's why he smashed the crooks in Punjab. And that's why this " anti establishment" women" has no support and can't take a breath without Establishment
as usual, irrelvent post.

health insurance was never going to be a long term program because Pakistan is bankrupted.

i told you this before when during imran govt that it will be stopedas its not sustainable.

but as usual, you will ignore and go on about it and not understand logic.

I find it funny how the supporters of PTI whose aviation minister Ghulam Sarwar destroyed PIA with one of the dumbest statements ever made in parliament, are now showing concerns here...

Bhai, your CM was Usman Buzdar. The less said the better.

Maryam can literally do nothing as a CM and still be labelled better than Buzdar, thats how bad he was

as usual, irrelvent post.

health insurance was never going to be a long term program because Pakistan is bankrupted.

i told you this before when during imran govt that it will be stopedas its not sustainable.

but as usual, you will ignore and go on about it and not understand logic.
So PK is bankrupt but billions are spent on buying TV channels, billions are sent abroad, billions are spent on buying judges and civil servants but we don't have enough to give health insurance to the poor. What a clown you have become

20 seats? whatever suits your narrative.
So last week you lied that you supported the PTI. You thought you would get some sympathy from us that remembered your celebrations when Rana was threatening and killing people. As far as the 20 seats are concerned, that is an exaggeration, closer to 17 and the form 45s show it. Do you really think you clowns wouldn't have shown theirs if they weren't true. As I said you dishonesty is open display. Look at the pathetic guy being held hostage by the company

I find it funny how the supporters of PTI whose aviation minister Ghulam Sarwar destroyed PIA with one of the dumbest statements ever made in parliament, are now showing concerns here...

Bhai, your CM was Usman Buzdar. The less said the better.

Maryam can literally do nothing as a CM and still be labelled better than Buzdar, thats how bad he was
Ishaq Dar has done more damage to Pakistan than Buzdar has done to Punjab(I agree Buzdar was a horrible CM). We all need to pray that Ishaq Dar doesn't come back as FM.

So PK is bankrupt but billions are spent on buying TV channels, billions are sent abroad, billions are spent on buying judges and civil servants but we don't have enough to give health insurance to the poor. What a clown you have become
plz talk factual and not come up with made up stuff.

illogical posts everytime you post.

Ishaq Dar has done more damage to Pakistan than Buzdar has done to Punjab(I agree Buzdar was a horrible CM). We all need to pray that Ishaq Dar doesn't come back as FM.
you are right on Dar. Biggest buffoon ever

dar didnt contest for MNA

So last week you lied that you supported the PTI. You thought you would get some sympathy from us that remembered your celebrations when Rana was threatening and killing people. As far as the 20 seats are concerned, that is an exaggeration, closer to 17 and the form 45s show it. Do you really think you clowns wouldn't have shown theirs if they weren't true. As I said you dishonesty is open display. Look at the pathetic khusra being held hostage by the company
i dont need sympathy from the likes of you lot that cant even cast there vote.

I voted for PTI because I dont support PMLN in an election.
17 seats? lol keep convincing yourself that.

plz talk factual and not come up with made up stuff.

illogical posts everytime you post.
Are you saying that they haven't spent billions on those things. So Geo, ARY, and others are doing it through the kindness of their heart. Its called priorities.

Senate election next month
na, senators are are involved in legislation. Economic Minister comes from national assembly.

For a senator to be made a minister, they would need to bring amendments

Anything the incoming CM says , take it with a pinch of salt her political journey started via suicide call in a talkshow where she claimed that forget London I don't have properties in Pakistan only to be rebuked and pantsed by Panama Scandal

na, senators are are involved in legislation. Economic Minister comes from national assembly.

For a senator to be made a minister, they would need to bring amendments
Ishaq was senator when he become the finance minster during PDM government . Same with Shaukat Tareen during PTI rule.

Would be interesting to see what cabinet Maryam makes and what will be the portfolios, the Bandar baant will be such thar you might see Minister for Food & Minister for Food Security

Ishaq was senator when he become the finance minster during PDM government . Same with Shaukat Tareen during PTI rule.
oh yes you are absolutely right. He was a technocrate. I always thought he held his MNA seat when he was away from the country.

So this is going to be massive issue if he could be a potential finance minister again. I was celebrating that he didnt contest MNA seat.

Would be interesting to see what cabinet Maryam makes and what will be the portfolios, the Bandar baant will be such thar you might see Minister for Food & Minister for Food Security
PMLN (Shehbaz Sharif mostly) way of working in Punjab always been through bureaucracy and technocrats . The cabinet is mostly dummy and of no use.

i dont need sympathy from the likes of you lot that cant even cast there vote.

I voted for PTI because I dont support PMLN in an election.
17 seats? lol keep convincing yourself that.

Replies to a post saying "don't post illogical stuff" then goes on to post something that defies any logic whatsoever :ROFLMAO:

"I don't support PMLN in an election but I will defend them to death on a forum board"

Incoming CM with a stolen mandate will be a disaster. She won’t last a year or so.

Expect 2025 to be an election year.

whether or not OP is based in Pakistan doesnt matter, as OP considers himself as a Pakistani
So overseas Pakistanis who align with your view point is all good but if someone who doesn't agree with you and against the Mafia you support then they are illogical, coward, stupid, disloyal etc etc.

Replies to a post saying "don't post illogical stuff" then goes on to post something that defies any logic whatsoever :ROFLMAO:

"I don't support PMLN in an election but I will defend them to death on a forum board"
this is the problem with you lot.

You think voting is about blindly defending who you voted for and keep bashing the other.
the result of being high on populism

this is the problem with you lot.

You think voting is about blindly defending who you voted for and keep bashing the other.
the result of being high on populism

You voted PTI

You made threads of mass rigging in Punjab on the day of the elections.

You’re not even a PTI supporter, so how on earth would you expect a PTI supporter to not bash the other party that stole your mandate.

You voted PTI

You made threads of mass rigging in Punjab on the day of the elections.

You’re not even a PTI supporter, so how on earth would you expect a PTI supporter to not bash the other party that stole your mandate.
again, this is the problem with you guys. You dont need to be a party supporter or die hard.

PTI only was going to get govt if they joined another party cause they didnt have a symbol. They didnt join, its there loss.

again, this is the problem with you guys. You dont need to be a party supporter or die hard.

PTI only was going to get govt if they joined another party cause they didnt have a symbol. They didnt join, its there loss.

Join and then watch PPP bail and put a VONC on PTI again?

It's not as strange as being a Pakistani who hates his own country and loves India to be fair.

Let's not confuse Mamoon with Major. One is a self-hating Pakistani, latter just lacks education and unable to process information.

Never heard Maryam Nawaz say something intelligent. All the money in the world but could not afford good education.

Let's not confuse Mamoon with Major. One is a self-hating Pakistani, latter just lacks education and unable to process information.
dont blame me just because your party is not allowed to make the govt and is being whipped in jail and will have 90 useless seats.

She is arrogant and batameez. She can never a fan base amongst youth. PMLN has suffered worst due to her. She is basically an own goal for PMLN. Just look at all the ministers in PMLN and you know all about her competence. Prime examples are Rana Sanaullah, Hanif Abbasi, maryam aurengzeb, uzma etc etc. She is definitely some sort of a narcissist personality. She is nicknamed "hind" for a reason.

Welcome to Maryam's reign as CM Punjab.

Imran Riaz Khan has been arrested again.

People will now realize there is nothing worse than facist aurat.

She and her father had Arshad Sharif killed.
They are puppets of puppets. I'm afraid this one was done probably by someone a level above them. I don't see the Americans giving the order for this. It sits with the establishment.

Pti we're running blindfolded with both arms behind their back and they still won a majority. Of course if you want to believe the official narrative then go ahead.

They are puppets of puppets. I'm afraid this one was done probably by someone a level above them. I don't see the Americans giving the order for this. It sits with the establishment.
We saw that NS had the PTI banned, IK locked up and rig the elections. I am sure he had Arshad killed, the witch's reaction after his murder gave it away

Maryam Nawaz needs to do a lot to be better than Imran Khan's puppet Usman Buzdar.

She needs to do absolutely nothing. That's asking for a lot.

Maryam Nawaz needs to do a lot to be better than Imran Khan's puppet Usman Buzdar.

She needs to do absolutely nothing. That's asking for a lot.

Pakistanis are so lucky to have someone like Maryam Nawaz as their leader. Aptly suits the demographics.

She will be under direct guidance of his father NS. She can do work as PMLN knows the nabz of punjab people. They will for sure doing some works for youth.

Zero expectations. Mandate chor.

This topi drama will be over in 2025-26.

Maryam is someone who doesn't look like someone who can take no for an answer or listen to things not to her liking.

PML-N standing in Punjab has badly declined under her leadership and she has alienated the other senior leaders in the PML N like Chaudhry Nisar, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Miftah Ismail.

The only thing I expect her to be good at is persecuting the hell out of PTI and journalists via Punjab Police. The Punjab IG Usman Anwar in the caretaker administration followed her orders.

Maryam's era will be the darkest one for PMLN in the lost term cause. She damaged the party from the inside because she was not willing to listen to opposing comments. She wants to be the one-man army and in the next few years, she will be the only one person left as well. Senior leadership is not happy with her because she just won't listen and thinks it is her right since her birth to rule.

CM-in-waiting Maryam makes parliamentary debut

The 18th house of the Punjab Assembly came into being on Friday, with more than 300 newly elected MPAs taking the oath of office in the maiden session, amid tight security.

The house’s new speaker and deputy speaker will be elected today (Saturday), as Friday’s noisy proceedings were put off soon after the oath-taking and a roll call.

At least 313 MPAs — 215 belonging to the PML-N and allied parties and 98 PTI-backed independents — under the banner of the Sunni Ittehad Council (SIC) — took the oath administered by the outgoing Punjab Assembly Speaker Sibtain Khan.

The proceedings of the new assembly’s first session began over two hours behind schedule because the speaker was late to arrive.

Rumour had it that he was delaying the proceedings on the pretext that the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) had yet to notify all members on the reserved for women and minorities. However, he finally arrived as reports began to circulate that Governor Balighur Rehman was considering using his authority to appoint someone else to administer the oath to the members-elect.

However, when questioned by a reporter, the speaker downplayed the delay and argued that house proceedings had been put off for up to six hours in the past.

Inside the house, PML-N and rival MPAs indulged in sloganeering matches intermittently, with the PML-N members pointing to Imran Khan’s conviction in corruption references and the SIC members responding by highlighting corruption allegedly committed by the Sharif family.

The SIC did not win even a single seat in the Feb 8 elections, but PTI-backed independents have joined the party as part of an agreement.

Legal experts say no constitutional clause or law bars the two parties from doing so. “An independent candidate may join any party registered with the ECP within three days of notification of his or her win by the ECP, even if the party had not taken part in the polls,” Advocate Usama Khawar said.

“The Constitution talks of a parliamentary party, which comes into being after winning a poll, only once while discussing disqualification of a parliament’s member under Article 63. In all other places, including Article 106 (3c), which deals with reserved seats, it talks of political parties,” he said.

Harassment allegations

The members-elect tried to take the floor even before taking the oath, only to be reminded by the chair that they could not speak before becoming formal members of the house.

PTI-backed members Rana Aftab and Rana Shehbaz complained of harassment at the hands of police and alleged that their guests were not being allowed to enter the visitors’ gallery to witness house proceedings, unlike workers of other parties. Another PTI-backed SIC member, Sheikh Imtiaz, highlighted that he only managed to reach the assembly premises by hiding in the rear seat of a car with tinted glasses.

SIC members alleged that Mian Aslam Iqbal, their candidate for the slot of chief minister, had been arrested and urged the speaker to ensure his recovery from police custody and called for postponing the session until then.

Speaker Khan promised to seek a report on Mr Iqbal and issue production orders for him if he was found to be arrested. However, he said the proceedings could not be delayed for long, even as the ECP has yet to notify some members on reserved seats, including 24 for women and three for minorities.

PML-N’s Malik Ahmed Khan objected to the discussion, pointing out that the chair should first administer the oath to members before doing any other business. The speaker then put off the proceedings for 45 minutes to let the members offer Friday prayers.

When the house met after the prayer break, the members took the oath of their office and signed the Roll of Call one by one, including the PML-N’s chief ministerial nominee, Maryam Nawaz Sharif.

Besides Ms Sharif, 192 other PML-N members took the oath as the party leadership had directed those leaders who had won both the national and provincial assembly seats to retain the former and vacate their provincial seats. Such leaders included former prime minister Shehbaz Sharif and his son, Hamza Shehbaz.

Besides, 98 members of the SIC, 13 of PPP, 10 of PML-Q, five of the Istehkam-i-Pakistan Party, and one each of the Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan and PML-Zia also took the oath.

Later, the assembly secretary announced the election schedule for the speaker and deputy speaker slots, which will be held via a secret ballot today (Saturday).

Nominations for the two offices were to be accepted up till 5pm on Friday. Later, the speaker extended the time by one hour.

The PML-N fielded Malik Muhammad Ahmad Khan from Kasur for speaker and Zaheer Iqbal Channar from Bahawalpur for deputy speaker, while the SIC nominated Malik Ahmad Khan Bachhar from Mianwali and Moin Riaz from Multan for the two offices, respectively.

A press release quoted the assembly secretary, Amer Habib, as saying late in the evening on Friday that the papers of the four candidates had been accepted.

SOURCE: DAWN NEWS

Maryam is taking the reigns during Pakistan's most turbulent era in recent history. If she can do half of what her uncle did, that alone would make her one of the best CM's in Pakistan history

However one thing I can conformably predict is she will be a major improvement over the criminal Buzdar

Back