Expectations from Maryam Nawaz as Punjab CM

I don’t need to read anything because I live in Pakistan.

The protests are not even a drop in the ocean. They have zero presence and impact because the numbers are insignificant and nothing is going to happen in the near future either.

Basically, after the May 9 treatment, PTI supporters ki hawa nikal gai hai.

In previous years, when PTI was backed by the establishment, their protests would shake the entire country and its impact would be felt in every nook and corner.

Now that they are not being protected & funded by the establishment, their protests have zero impact.
1. It is wonderful that you live in Pakistan, because then this is more important to you know than to the rest of us "inferior beings" living overseas. 2. I know it is probably presumptuous to gauge tone from a post, but I am almost certain that yours is more of a celebratory tone.

Put 1 and 2 together and you will see how alarming this is. Why do you think this is a cause to celebrate? Are you really proud of how the military junta in Pakistan is so successfull in crushing protests, demonstrations and the general will of the people? Is that really much different from previous eras where they suppressed similar opposition launched by PML-N, PPP, etc? Because like you, I lived through several PML-N and PPP governments when I used to be a resident of Pakistan and I do not recall any of them launching a successfull campaign against the boots.

Bottomline is, most of us want whats good for the country. Living in Pakistan and wishing well for the country are not mutually exclusive. But wishing well for the country and celebrating the demise of a free political movement are.

I just have one request from all the supporters of all the parties. Can they do one thing? (pray to ALLAH that their next generation becomes like Bilawal, Maryam, Shahbaz, Nawaz, Zardari and Imran khan). Is anyone up for the challenge??
I am up to pray for Imran khan. Is anybody here who wants her daughter to be like Maryam? I guess there will be nobody who will pray for this to happen cause they know how morally and politically corrupt this lady is. Challange is still up.

1. It is wonderful that you live in Pakistan, because then this is more important to you know than to the rest of us "inferior beings" living overseas. 2. I know it is probably presumptuous to gauge tone from a post, but I am almost certain that yours is more of a celebratory tone.

Put 1 and 2 together and you will see how alarming this is. Why do you think this is a cause to celebrate? Are you really proud of how the military junta in Pakistan is so successfull in crushing protests, demonstrations and the general will of the people? Is that really much different from previous eras where they suppressed similar opposition launched by PML-N, PPP, etc? Because like you, I lived through several PML-N and PPP governments when I used to be a resident of Pakistan and I do not recall any of them launching a successfull campaign against the boots.

Bottomline is, most of us want whats good for the country. Living in Pakistan and wishing well for the country are not mutually exclusive. But wishing well for the country and celebrating the demise of a free political movement are.
Only a total insane would call the murder of innocent people as " treatment". We know now that most of the guys causing the trouble were agent provocateurs working for ISI and Noora thugs. Bajwas secret lasted last less then 2 years, and this evil secret won't last long. They murdered 25 people, you support this murder.?
PTI supporters did the “one page” drama for years and kept dismissing the notion that one day, the establishment will treat them and their leader the same way that they have treated other governments and parties in the past.

Both PPP and PMLN have seen the support and the wrath of the establishment.

PPP in the 90s when Nawaz Sharif was planted by the establishment and then Nawaz Sharif got a taste of his own medicine first with Mush and then later on when Imran became their new toy.

But PTI supporters with their arrogance and self-righteous attitude thought they would always have the backing of the establishment.

Their supporters kept denying the involvement of military junta in politics and how much influence they exercise.

Within this forum, you can bump the old threads from pre 2022 and you can see the delusional comments from PTI supporters including you @Bewal Express.

Bajwa was the hero of PTI supporters back then and they supported his extension even though there was no justification for it and it set a wrong precedence.

Bajwa had already made a deal with the opposition behind closed doors and played Imran like a fiddle.

I have no issues with whatever that has happened to PTI supporters on May 9 and and over the last two years specifically because that is what they deserved for their arrogance, overconfidence and delusional mentality.

They were too good to pay heed to the warnings so they must suffer now. They had it coming. The dose of reality has been brutal but at least they can’t say that they have not been warned.

I just have one request from all the supporters of all the parties. Can they do one thing? (pray to ALLAH that their next generation becomes like Bilawal, Maryam, Shahbaz, Nawaz, Zardari and Imran khan). Is anyone up for the challenge??
I am up to pray for Imran khan. Is anybody here who wants her daughter to be like Maryam? I guess there will be nobody who will pray for this to happen cause they know how morally and politically corrupt this lady is. Challange is still up.
Do you really want your son to be like Imran Khan?

I wish that our sons become successful in their respective careers like Imran was also successful in cricket, but in terms of their character and personal lives, I pray that they are the complete opposite of Imran Khan.

I will be a very sad father if my son grows up to have the lifestyle of Imran. My own father enjoyed the same lifestyle and still does, I have managed to stay away from that lifestyle and I hope my son follows my lead and not my father’s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you really want your son to be like Imran Khan?

I wish that our sons become successful in their respective careers like Imran was also successful in cricket, but in terms of their character and personal lives, I pray that they are the complete opposite of Imran Khan.

I will be a very sad father if my son grows up to have the lifestyle of Imran. My own father enjoyed the same lifestyle and still does, I have managed to stay away from that lifestyle and I hope my son follows my lead and not my father’s.
you still have not answered the real question? Nawaz, Shehbaz or bilawel?

In a formal ceremony held at the Governor House in Lahore, the 18-member Punjab cabinet has taken their oaths of office. Punjab Governor Muhammad Balighur Rehman administered the oath to the provincial cabinet, as reported by Express News.

Among the dignitaries present was Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif, who witnessed the swearing-in ceremony. The event marked the official induction of the newly appointed ministers into their roles.

The cabinet members, including Marriyum Aurangzeb, Syed Muhammad Ashiq Hussain Shah, and Khawaja Salman Rafique, stood before Governor Rehman to pledge their commitment to serving the province.

In her address, CM Maryam extended her congratulations to the newly sworn-in ministers and conveyed her best wishes to them. She highlighted the weight of the responsibility placed upon their shoulders, emphasising the high expectations the people of Punjab hold for their government.

"Insha'Allah, we will fulfil the public's expectations," she affirmed, underscoring her determination to lead her team in serving the populace diligently. "My team and I pledge to serve the people from this day onwards," she added, outlining her commitment to addressing the needs and concerns of Punjab's residents.

On February 26, Maryam Nawaz was elected as Punjab's Chief Minister, marking the first-ever instance of a woman assuming this position in the country.

Maryam secured victory by defeating the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI)-backed candidate from the Sunni Ittehad Council (SIC), Rana Aftab Ahmad Khan, with an overwhelming 220 votes.

Rana Aftab failed to secure a single vote, leading to protests by PTI members outside the assembly, chanting slogans of Imran Khan. Punjab Assembly Speaker Malik Ahmad Khan presided over the session during the historic voting process.

PTI supporters did the “one page” drama for years and kept dismissing the notion that one day, the establishment will treat them and their leader the same way that they have treated other governments and parties in the past.

PPP in the 90s when Nawaz Sharif was planted by the establishment and then Nawaz Sharif got a taste of his own medicine first with Mush and then later on when Imran became their new toy.

But PTI supporters with their arrogance and self-righteous attitude thought they would always have the backing of the establishment.

Their supporters kept denying the involvement of military junta in politics and how much influence they exercise.

Within this forum, you can bump the old threads from pre 2022 and you can see the delusional comments from PTI supporters including you @Bewal Express.

Bajwa was the hero of PTI supporters back then and they supported his extension even though there was no justification for it and it set a wrong precedence.

Bajwa had already made a deal with the opposition behind closed doors and played Imran like a fiddle.

I have no issues with whatever that has happened to PTI supporters on May 9 and and over the last two years specifically because that is what they deserved for their arrogance, overconfidence and delusional mentality.

They were too good to pay heed to the warnings so they must suffer now. They had it coming. The dose of reality has been brutal but at least they can’t say that they have not been warned.
This reads like a text book definition of a personal grudge. Please play attention to the key terms here. He has nothing to say about PTI, the party, Imran Khan, the leader, no logical critiq of the work they did during their ~3 years in government, no analysis of their performance, and the programs they implemented, no mention of the econom during his time, handling of the COVID pandemic, foreign policy, leadership, etc. Basically none of that is the reason for his extreme hatred and opposition of PTI.

This reads like a text book definition of a personal grudge. Please play attention to the key terms here. He has nothing to say about PTI, the party, Imran Khan, the leader, no logical critiq of the work they did during their ~3 years in government, no analysis of their performance, and the programs they implemented, no mention of the econom during his time, handling of the COVID pandemic, foreign policy, leadership, etc. Basically none of that is the reason for his extreme hatred and opposition of PTI.

It would actually have some logic if he was supporter of one of the other parties. But he can't even admit that because he knows they are now the voice of the establishment....whom he claims to hate, but pretty clear he hates Imran Khan and PTI more.

It would actually have some logic if he was supporter of one of the other parties. But he can't even admit that because he knows they are now the voice of the establishment....whom he claims to hate, but pretty clear he hates Imran Khan and PTI more.
From what I have experienced most anti PTI people are mostly grudge holding fans of PPP/PML-N but they dont admit that. Over the years, the hatred has shifted to the supporters of PTI and has completely overshadowed any logical reasoning. They continue to claim PTI has no ideology when the clear ideology here is to rid country of people like Sharifs and Zardari Bhuttos, but since the ideology involved their own demi gods, they feign ignorance and claim it does not exist.

I have actually personally witnessed Mamoon claim in one of the threads that PML-N has an ideology because its a family run party. His definition of ideology is that it should be a monarchic setup, royal bloodline, so to speak. PTI has no ideology because after Imran, his kids wont be there to run it. LOL. Thats what he and a lot of other anti PTI people think. I dont know how any of that makes sense but apparently to them its like legal clause of some sort that cannot be argued.

When people living in Pakistan think this way, well what do you expect then.

Rs.0.6 billion wasted by printing the picture of Penthouse Pirate ala Nawaz Sharif on flour bags by incoming newly selected evil lady , no wonder Pakistan economy is in doldrums and the begging bowl gets bigger and bigger

Another long essay about your own hypocrisy. Whether the PTI did right or wrong, why should you change your principles about civil behaviour and democracy? But they weren't anything of the sort, they were just points you made because you didn't like IK. You claim that murder of PTI supporters is justified but the PTI didn't go around killing opposition supporters or locking up the opposition. We know for a fact that 99% of the cases were from the mafia against each other. We didn't ban the opposition or pick up and lock their woman,beat up their mothers and children or rape and sexually assault young supporters. So stop comparing this fascism with the most democratic rule PK had seen in its history, where courts were obeyed and the opposition was allowed to do long marches and given tea and medicine when they got ill.

Maryam says she’ll be ‘ruthless’ if opposition resorts to violence

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz on Wednesday warned her political opponents against resorting to ‘violent protest’, declaring that she would be ‘ruthless’ if it dared to take the law into its hands on the pretext of politics.

“The opposition is in a state of mourning and they (PTI leaders) are not in their right frame of mind at the moment. They have a defeated mindset. They want to create anarchy, polarisation and instability.

“But let me tell them that if they try to create law and order situation on the pretext of doing politics, I will be ruthless. I have zero tolerance for them to create problems for public,” she asserted, while talking about handling of the opposition at a presser.

The CM faced strong criticism from the PTI for “torture” of its workers during what it called a peaceful protest in Lahore against the “massive rigging” in the February polls.

One of the protesters is said to be admitted to ICU because of alleged police torture.

“The defeated mind wants fight. They are going to criticise us on everything we do but I don’t care about criticism…I will do my job,” she said.

She also highlighted flaws in governance, admitting some “serious flaws in governance especially in the price control”.

Talking about the largest-ever ‘Ramazan Nigahban Package’ in Punjab, she said it would provide the much-needed relief to deserving people during the holy month of Ramazan.

Owing to paucity of time, data of BISP and Nadra beneficiaries had been clubbed and relied upon for the time being, she said. But in the next phase, she added, the government would collect the data of entire 125m people under Punjab Socio-Economic Registry Project within next four months for effective government interventions in the future.

Each Ramazan Relief Package hamper contains 10kg flour, 2kg ghee, 2kg sugar, 2kg rice and 2kg gram flour (Besan).

She asked deserving people to register complaint or give feedback regarding Ramazan package at the helpline (080002345).

SOURCE: DAWN

Expectations? Lol..from her? She has no vision..nothing..I expect politics and policies from 1999..that is the extent of her dimagh..Next stop laptop scheme..same old...

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz on Thursday chaired a high-level meeting to review the higher education scholarships and iPad scheme, ARY News reported.

During the meeting, the chief minister expressed displeasure at the incomplete briefing and sought a comprehensive plan for the PEEF Scholarships scheme.

Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif ordered a student survey for iPad, laptop schemes. She vowed to develop higher education and other institutions on modern lines.

Maryam Nawaz said that the government will take further action regarding the laptop and iPad schemes considering the needs of students.

The meeting was attended by former Senator Pervez Rasheed, member Provincial Assembly Maryam Aurangzeb, Nosheen Adnan, Rana Sikandar Hayat, Chief Secretary, Chairman P&D, Secretary Finance and Secretary Higher Education, Chairman PITB and other officials.

First, provide people with technology education. Give them a good lifestyle and free food. Then, proceed with all of this.

Maryam says she’ll be ‘ruthless’ if opposition resorts to violence

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz on Wednesday warned her political opponents against resorting to ‘violent protest’, declaring that she would be ‘ruthless’ if it dared to take the law into its hands on the pretext of politics.

“The opposition is in a state of mourning and they (PTI leaders) are not in their right frame of mind at the moment. They have a defeated mindset. They want to create anarchy, polarisation and instability.

“But let me tell them that if they try to create law and order situation on the pretext of doing politics, I will be ruthless. I have zero tolerance for them to create problems for public,” she asserted, while talking about handling of the opposition at a presser.

The CM faced strong criticism from the PTI for “torture” of its workers during what it called a peaceful protest in Lahore against the “massive rigging” in the February polls.

One of the protesters is said to be admitted to ICU because of alleged police torture.

“The defeated mind wants fight. They are going to criticise us on everything we do but I don’t care about criticism…I will do my job,” she said.

She also highlighted flaws in governance, admitting some “serious flaws in governance especially in the price control”.

Talking about the largest-ever ‘Ramazan Nigahban Package’ in Punjab, she said it would provide the much-needed relief to deserving people during the holy month of Ramazan.

Owing to paucity of time, data of BISP and Nadra beneficiaries had been clubbed and relied upon for the time being, she said. But in the next phase, she added, the government would collect the data of entire 125m people under Punjab Socio-Economic Registry Project within next four months for effective government interventions in the future.

Each Ramazan Relief Package hamper contains 10kg flour, 2kg ghee, 2kg sugar, 2kg rice and 2kg gram flour (Besan).

She asked deserving people to register complaint or give feedback regarding Ramazan package at the helpline (080002345).

Shame on her, millions will be looted in this Neghban Project

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz on Thursday chaired a high-level meeting to review the higher education scholarships and iPad scheme, ARY News reported.

During the meeting, the chief minister expressed displeasure at the incomplete briefing and sought a comprehensive plan for the PEEF Scholarships scheme.

Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif ordered a student survey for iPad, laptop schemes. She vowed to develop higher education and other institutions on modern lines.

Maryam Nawaz said that the government will take further action regarding the laptop and iPad schemes considering the needs of students.

The meeting was attended by former Senator Pervez Rasheed, member Provincial Assembly Maryam Aurangzeb, Nosheen Adnan, Rana Sikandar Hayat, Chief Secretary, Chairman P&D, Secretary Finance and Secretary Higher Education, Chairman PITB and other officials.

i guess the part of the presentation incomplete was how much kickback, margin of theft was available for her in this scheme. I can very well imagine this will be a high budget program. The people are struggling with putting food on the table, and these people are going around handing ipads and laptops to school children. Maybe, first take care of their dietary and other health needs?

But of course why would you, there is opportunity to steal money from such programs. Also ipads and laptops look good to the naive awam.

i guess the part of the presentation incomplete was how much kickback, margin of theft was available for her in this scheme. I can very well imagine this will be a high budget program. The people are struggling with putting food on the table, and these people are going around handing ipads and laptops to school children. Maybe, first take care of their dietary and other health needs?

But of course why would you, there is opportunity to steal money from such programs. Also ipads and laptops look good to the naive awam.
Don't think the awaam is naive anymore...these stupid tricks don't work..in 33 years this is the best these jahil illiterates can come up.with..

Punjab cabinet okays Ramazan relief package

In its maiden meeting, the 18-member Punjab cabinet has approved the Ramazan Negahban Relief Package 2024 to provide essential food items to needy people.

Under the programme, around 6.5 million packages will be delivered at the doorsteps of deserving families with an estimated 30m residents of Punjab benefitting from the programme.

While presiding over the cabinet meeting on Thursday, Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif ordered the Punjab Food Authority and district administrations to ensure the quality of food items being provided under the programme.

She also directed the Urban Unit and Special Branch of Punjab Police to submit a daily report on the delivery of relief packages after conducting physical surveys.

“The delivery of hampers will be monitored through an app and dashboard developed by the Punjab Information Technology Board,” she said, and tasked provincial ministers with monitoring the distribution of hampers.

Ms Sharif warned that profiteers and hoarders would be severely punished during Ramazan, and price control magistrates should be trained to effectively check price hikes.

The cabinet also approved model Ramazan bazaars to be set up at district levels to provide subsidised commodities to common people.

She said a special ministerial committee will be constituted to monitor the relief programme effectively.

The CM also congratulated Ramesh Singh Arora, the first Sikh minister of Punjab, and expressed hope that all cabinet members would live up to the expectations of people.

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif has said that the public wanted politicians to work for them instead of fighting amongst each other.

Addressing Punjab MPAs today, she said: “The poor are looking towards us. What will they say if these people see us fighting and not doing anything for them?”

CM Maryam said all serious-minded political parties except one whom Bilawal termed as “cartoons” want to take the country out of crisis. “The problems are so serious and intense that no party can solve them alone.”

Dawn

Loaded with camera , the selected CM met a rape victim to console her not sure of this is the right approach for these inhumane incidents

Maryam Nawaz launches women safety App ‘Never Again’

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has launched the women safety App ‘Never Again’ to ensure protection of women folk.

Addressing a special ceremony in connection with International Women's Day in Lahore today, she also announced to increase job quota for women in Punjab Public Service Commission from 10 percent to 15 percent. She directed to fill the vacant women seats in every Provincial Department.

The Chief Minister said that funds of one billion rupees have been allocated to establish Day Care Centers at work places.

She said working women hostels will also be built.

Maryam Nawaz said that women will be given fifty percent loans in online business. She said that transfer fee will not be charged on gifting property to sister and daughter.

She said that the Board of Revenue will transfer property to the inheritor family after deciding on the daughters' share.

Radio Pakistan

Rs.0.6 billion wasted by printing the picture of Penthouse Pirate ala Nawaz Sharif on flour bags by incoming newly selected evil lady , no wonder Pakistan economy is in doldrums and the begging bowl gets bigger and bigger
Yeh totally stupid to print his picture on all the flour bags. Politics being done on the Ramadan Relief Package.

Yeh totally stupid to print his picture on all the flour bags. Politics being done on the Ramadan Relief Package.
Expect more of such antics and comical stuff in the future. Maryam is just warming up atm. She will do stuff nobody had imagined.

Loaded with camera , the selected CM met a rape victim to console her not sure of this is the right approach for these inhumane incidents
Her own cabinet guy was/is involved in a gang rape case.

Marwat accuses Maryam of ‘orchestrating his assassination’​

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Sher Afzal Marwat has made startling claims, accusing Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz of orchestrating an assassination plot against him. The serious allegations were brought to light on Saturday, as Marwat spoke to journalists outside Parliament House, asserting that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader had hired 'contract killers' to target him.

According to Marwat, the alleged contract to assassinate him was not just a verbal threat but involved tangible financial transactions.

He claimed that CM Maryam had authorised a payment for the sinister plan, and the transaction had taken place in Dubai. The PTI leader suggested that the chief minister's involvement came to light through intercepted telephone conversations, which he intended to share with relevant investigation authorities.

Meanwhile, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has summoned former PTI lawmaker Shandana Gulzar, who has also leveled allegations against Maryam Nawaz.

The PML-N had filed a complaint against Gulzar with the FIA, prompting the agency to initiate an inquiry into the serious accusations.

In response to the escalating situation, Punjab's Information Minister Uzma Bukhari demanded that Gulzar provide concrete evidence to substantiate her allegations. Bukhari emphasised that the government would not allow her to evade accountability.

Well, considering the type of lady Maryam is, perhaps she has even planned it.

Only a total insane would call the murder of innocent people as " treatment". We know now that most of the guys causing the trouble were agent provocateurs working for ISI and Noora thugs. Bajwas secret lasted last less then 2 years, and this evil secret won't last long. They murdered 25 people, you support this murder.?Allah en par Raham kary, ye raham k qaahil hain.
B sharmi k had hoti ha jo en logi na paar ki ha.

The family has form,they have always done this. Remember SS used to have his pics on the public toilets. Aptly when you go to public toilets you thought of this family

Marwat accuses Maryam of ‘orchestrating his assassination’​

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Sher Afzal Marwat has made startling claims, accusing Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz of orchestrating an assassination plot against him. The serious allegations were brought to light on Saturday, as Marwat spoke to journalists outside Parliament House, asserting that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader had hired 'contract killers' to target him.

According to Marwat, the alleged contract to assassinate him was not just a verbal threat but involved tangible financial transactions.

He claimed that CM Maryam had authorised a payment for the sinister plan, and the transaction had taken place in Dubai. The PTI leader suggested that the chief minister's involvement came to light through intercepted telephone conversations, which he intended to share with relevant investigation authorities.

Meanwhile, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has summoned former PTI lawmaker Shandana Gulzar, who has also leveled allegations against Maryam Nawaz.

The PML-N had filed a complaint against Gulzar with the FIA, prompting the agency to initiate an inquiry into the serious accusations.

In response to the escalating situation, Punjab's Information Minister Uzma Bukhari demanded that Gulzar provide concrete evidence to substantiate her allegations. Bukhari emphasised that the government would not allow her to evade accountability.

These people can do anything to clear the path for themselves. I am not saying that this is 100 percent true, but I truly believe that we can expect something like this from these people.

Audio clip on PTI worker’s death: Maryam moves FIA against Shandana Gulzar

Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has filed a complaint with the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) against PTI leader Shandana Gulzar for embroiling her into the controversy over death of PTI worker Zilley Shah.

“An application has been filed with the FIA against Shandana Gulzar for making false propaganda against Maryam Nawaz,” Punjab Information Minister Azma Bokhari told reporters here on Saturday.

“Those making false propaganda will not be allowed to do so anymore. If anyone says anything against CM Maryam Nawaz, he/she should present evidence, otherwise, we will not forgive,” she warned.

She said a purported audio of Ms Nawaz had been brought forth by Ms Gulzar with regard to Zilley Shah’s death, and such baseless allegations would not be tolerated.

“Shandana Gulzar should now present the audio of Maryam Nawaz. Shandana will have to face the FIA inquiry as no woman card will work,” she said and added the PTI leader should prove the allegations against Maryam or face the law.

“Neither we will allow [anybody] to take political revenge, nor woman card will be allowed to be used,” Ms Bokhari said.

She said that it was part of the PML-N manifesto that defamation laws should be made strict. “Now there will be a zero-tolerance policy on behalf of the PML-N,” she said.

Replying to a question, Bokhari said under the Charter of Democracy, the PML-N and the PPP would not be used against each other.

“Asif Ali Zardari is a champion of reconciliation and makes better decisions in good and bad situations,” the information minister said.

Maryam Nawaz was questioned by reporters why the face of her father, PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif, was printed on the packaging of Ramazan relief goods being distributed.

“The opposition is criticising this, calling it propaganda of Nawaz Sharif funded by the people’s money,” one reporter asked.

To this, Maryam replied: “Whose government is it in Punjab? Nawaz Sharif.”

Dawn

Canadian High Commissioner to Pakistan Leslie Scanlon met with Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz SharifExecutive Director Pakistan Region Neil Steward First Secretary Alisha Sosa and Trade Commissioner Ali Khan also participated in the meetingChief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif was congratulated by Canadian High Commissioner Leslie Scanlin on assuming the post of the first woman Chief Minister of Punjab.In the meeting, the possibility of promoting economic relations between Canada and Punjab was discussedA review of scholarship enhancement for Punjab students in Canadian higher education institutionsWant to take economic relations with Canada to the highest level. Maryam NawazHappy to meet with Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif, Canadian High Commissioner.

Maryam Nawaz was questioned by reporters why the face of her father, PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif, was printed on the packaging of Ramazan relief goods being distributed.

“The opposition is criticising this, calling it propaganda of Nawaz Sharif funded by the people’s money,” one reporter asked.

Dawn
They are the one who made penaflex of SS on public toilets , they are the one who distribute Ration from govt treasury with photoshoots ,a shameful and degrading act

Dawn
Mary confused as ever. NS got humiliated and Munir owns you and all of you are crooks with no public mandate.

CM visit to atchison college was cancelled after the waves of hostile reception on offer if the visit happens , utter humiliation plenty more to come , illetrates and selected like her can only visit bakeries and malls

CM approves eco-friendly bus, e-bike projects

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif has approved in principle the implementation of two major transport projects of the provision of 20,000 electric motorbikes and 657 eco-friendly urban buses for the province.

Chairing a meeting, she called for the formulation of a school bus project for girl students in every tehsil, with a directive to reduce the advance amount for students seeking transport facilities.

It was revealed during a briefing that the first phase of the project envisaged the introduction of diesel hybrid regenerated buses in Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, and Bahawalpur.

The e-bike project is set to be launched on May 9, with deliveries beginning the same month.

CM Maryam Nawaz approved a plan to provide 657 buses for improved transportation facilities in major cities and directed the transport minister to oversee the project’s execution.

The meeting was attended by Senior Provincial Minister Marriyum Aurangzeb, Adviser Pervaiz Rasheed, Information Minister Azma Zahid Bukhari, Transport Minister Bilal Akbar Khan, MPA Sania Ashiq, the chief secretary and other officers concerned.

Chairing another meeting to review progress on the 100,000 houses project, the chief minister issued instructions to reduce housing installments for low-income individuals and set a deadline for marking land for the construction in districts.

She has also ordered measures to lower the overall cost of housing.

Ties with Canada

Canadian High Commissioner to Pakistan Leslie Scanlon met Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz and congratulated her on becoming the first woman CM of Punjab. Also present in the meeting were Executive Director Pakistan Region Neil Steward, First Secretary Alicia Sosa and Trade Commissioner Ali Khan. The meeting focused on exploring avenues to enhance economic relations between Canada and Punjab.

Discussions were also held on increasing scholarships for students from Punjab in Canadian higher education institutions.

SOURCE: EXPRESS TRIBUNE

Maryam forms three-member body to monitor development initiatives

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has formed a three-member monitoring committee to check the delivery process of the Ramazan Nighaban programme, neat and clean Punjab and prices of food items in Rawalpindi.

Bilal Yamin Satti is the chairman of the committee while MPA Naeem Ejaz and Ziaullah Shah are members. The committee held a meeting in the Commissioner’s Office where a detailed briefing was given on the ongoing distribution of ration packages in Rawalpindi district, clean Punjab programme and price check of essential items.

Speaking on the occasion, Bilal Yamin Satti said the process of distribution of ration packages should be completed soon, adding that the data of beneficiaries had been provided by Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) and Nadra.

He said for the first time in the history of Punjab, Ramazan ration package was being delivered at the doorsteps of deserving people and on the direction of the chief minister, he would ensure that relief reached the people of Rawalpindi district.

About cleanliness, Mr Satti directed that wall chalking and banners should immediately be removed.

Meanwhile, a separate meeting was held, which was presided over by Commissioner Aamir Khattak.

Addressing price magistrates, the commissioner said he required action not reports from them and that he would encourage people to report complaints regarding Ramazan package on the social media account of the commissioner with assurance of their immediate redressal.

It was informed in the meeting that in Rawalpindi Division, 124,658 people had received Ramazan packages at their doorsteps. According to details, 38,877 beneficiaries were from Rawalpindi district, 38,329 from Attock, 16,326 from Jhelum, 29,492 from Chakwal district and 2,661 beneficiaries were from Murree district.

Mr Khattak said the doorstep delivery of the Nighaban Ramazan package would be completed within the first 10 days of Ramazan.

While setting the target for each district, he directed that there would be zero tolerance with regard to achieving the target. A daily target of 12,604 households had been set for Rawalpindi district, 4,785 households for Attock, 3,723 for Jhelum, 3,863 for Chakwal and a target of 396 for Murree.

He said there should be no complaints about cluster distribution anywhere, adding that the main purpose of the Punjab government giving this package at people’s doorstep was to save them from the inconvenience of standing in long queues and to preserve their self-esteem.

Deputy Commissioner Dr Hassan Waqar Cheema, Parks and Horticulture Authority Director General Ahmed Hasan Ranjha, Director Local Government Sibtain Kazmi and other relevant officers attended the meeting in person, while deputy commissioners of Attock, Jhelum, Chakwal and Murree participated through video link.

Commissioner Khattak directed that agriculture fair price shops should be functional in the model markets of all districts and the deputy commissioners should monitor them.

While briefing the commissioner on the performance of price magistrates, it was informed that 1,624 complaints of illegal profiteering were received during 74,445 raids throughout the division as of March 1. Upon receiving eight FIRs, 17 shops were sealed and 311 people arrested.

When Punjab CM Maryam asked a woman at bazaar what’s she cooking?

Like her uncle and now Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz made a surprise visit to a market in Lahore on Tuesday where she had a brief interaction with women buying groceries on the first fast of Ramazan.

She, along with her team, visited different stalls and markets at the Johar Town Bazaar in the city. She checked the rate list, a government-determined rate list of basic commodities, at shops.

Maryam, who is the country’s first female chief minister, also asked the shopkeepers about the rates.

Some of the women at the bazaar complained about high rates of fruits and vegetables, prompting her to compare the rate of the items with the list.

When she asked one of the women what she was cooking, the lady said: “This is the most difficult question in Ramazan.”

An elderly person told the chief minister that the people were supporting her because “only a woman can understand the problems of common people.” To this, she replied: “I am here to help the poor.”

He complained about the high rates of fruits that he bought for making a fruit chat—a famous item in iftaar during Ramazan.

A large number of supporters of PML-N had gathered at the market and chanted slogans in favour of the party when they got to know that Maryam was coming.

AAJ News

When Punjab CM Maryam asked a woman at bazaar what’s she cooking?

Like her uncle and now Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz made a surprise visit to a market in Lahore on Tuesday where she had a brief interaction with women buying groceries on the first fast of Ramazan.

She, along with her team, visited different stalls and markets at the Johar Town Bazaar in the city. She checked the rate list, a government-determined rate list of basic commodities, at shops.

Maryam, who is the country’s first female chief minister, also asked the shopkeepers about the rates.

Some of the women at the bazaar complained about high rates of fruits and vegetables, prompting her to compare the rate of the items with the list.

When she asked one of the women what she was cooking, the lady said: “This is the most difficult question in Ramazan.”

An elderly person told the chief minister that the people were supporting her because “only a woman can understand the problems of common people.” To this, she replied: “I am here to help the poor.”

He complained about the high rates of fruits that he bought for making a fruit chat—a famous item in iftaar during Ramazan.

A large number of supporters of PML-N had gathered at the market and chanted slogans in favour of the party when they got to know that Maryam was coming.

AAJ News
A desperate bloody Mary with no support and lacking empathy using these poor peoples misery, which her family has created as a Mise-en-scène for her tik tok videos.

Health Card has helped many people around the whole Pakistan and it was launched by PTI but this lady like to take the credit for everything.

----------------

Punjab govt mulls relaunch of health card in ‘sustainable way’

The Punjab government is considering relaunch of the health card project in a ‘sustainable manner’ as it has decided to compile data of workers.

The previous PTI government had initiated the project.

Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz said on Thursday the health card scheme was a project of the PML-N and the Punjab government would relaunch it in a ‘sustainable manner’.

Presiding over a meeting, she directed the authorities to form a working group to make the health card more effective and present a workable plan within three months.

She said safety measures would be implemented to protect factory workers, directing the authorities to start occupational safety and health mobile lab project for the purpose. She sought legislation for protection of motorcyclists employed by rider services.

The meeting was briefed about issuance of labour cards to daily-wage workers to provide them with social security and labour complexes in Sheikhupura and Rawalpindi to provide accommodation to workers’ families.

Presiding over another meeting on the School Education Department, the CM ordered reconstitution of the School Education Council and approved restructuring of the Punjab Curriculum Wing.

She expressed indignation at the delay in provision of free textbooks to students. She sought a plan to shift the schools to the solar energy across Punjab. The proposal to start afternoon classes and evening coaching centres at schools was also reviewed.

Matters pertaining to the school transport programme and electric bikes were also reviewed.

Meanwhile, the CM set a six-month deadline for construction and repair of the link roads in the province and issued directions for launching construction of five expressways.

Very creative the Calibri queen. She finds ways to influence people in power to get what she wants. Whether it's a Qatari prince or the COAS. Found a way to get into power even though her party lost the elections

Lets see when are the lunger khanas going to open in Punjab, MN following the IK model

I feel sorry for Maryam. I can't imagine how hard it must be to be a woman in Pakistan. She stops a hijab wearing girls hijab from coming off and it's headlines 🤦

I feel sorry for Maryam. I can't imagine how hard it must be to be a woman in Pakistan. She stops a hijab wearing girls hijab from coming off and it's headlines 🤦
Amused you feel sorry for Maryam but no empathy for Sanam Javed Etal.

Hopefully she makes one hospital for her father first.
====
Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz said on Friday that an air ambulance service would be launched soon in the province.

The chief minister took the decision while chairing a meeting on the Air Ambulance Project in Lahore. Maryam also allowed the use of the helicopter attached to her office for emergency shifting of patients, aiming to bolster medical response in the remote regions of the province.

Senior provincial minister Maryam Aurangzeb, advisor Pervaiz Rashid, minister specialized healthcare and medical education Khawaja Salman Rafiq, minister primary and secondary health Khawaja Imran Nazir, along with other officials including the chief secretary, chairman P&D, secretary finance, Dr. Adnan, and secretary emergency department, were present at the meeting.

Speaking at the meeting, the chief minister emphasised the critical need for timely transportation of patients to hospitals—especially in remote areas where accessibility is a challenge. She cited the unfortunate incident of a cardiac patient's plight at Sargodha Hospital, underscoring the urgency of efficient emergency medical services.

Maryam also announced plans to initiate Rescue 1122 service on motorways.

During her inaugural speech after being elected as the chief executive of the province, Maryam vowed a ‘new era’ for Punjab as she unveiled her ambitious vision of development for the province over the next five years.

In her hour-and-a-half-long victory speech, Maryam also pledged to work on the health and education sectors and the provision of employment and housing to the people of the province.

Source: The Express Tribune

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz's special task against inflation

A significant reduction in the prices of essential commodities in Ramadan bazaars.

In Ramzan Bazar Township, onions are available at Rs 150 per kg instead of Rs 300, tomatoes worth Rs 220 are available at Rs 105, and garlic is available at Rs 200.

There is also a significant reduction in the price of bananas, available at Rs 140 per dozen instead of Rs 300.

Separate counters for men and women are available in Ramadan bazaars.

Necessary items are significantly cheaper than the market in Ramadan bazaars, according to the Information Minister.

Under the leadership of Maryam Nawaz, the steps of the Punjab government against inflation are ongoing.

Magistrates are also fully mobilized against inflation.

CM Maryam Nawaz announces property transfer service for overseas Pakistanis

As part of her efforts to shield expats from fraud, Punjab’s first-ever female Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Friday announced the launching of the property transfer service for overseas Pakistanis.

The chief minister made the remarks while chairing a special meeting of the Punjab Board of Revenue (BoR) on reform.

Under the property transfer service, the Pakistani diaspora would be provided facilities of mutation, e-filing, and registration of land.

CM Maryam ordered launching the service at the earliest for Pakistanis residing in the United States (US), United Kingdom (UK), Saudi Arabia, and other Gulf countries.

She directed to ensure adherence to the timeline in the property transfer services for the Pakistani diaspora and sought record of the government’s land in the province.

During the meeting, the newly elected chief minister was briefed on the affairs of the Punjab Land Record Authority.

Maryam directed to take measures for building roadside small gyms and parks on the government land. She also ordered establishing land facilitation centres in every district.

The meeting was told the land facilitation centres would be set up in 11 divisions by June 30. The participants were also told that land record of 5,798 Mauza would be available online till December 2024.

The chief minister was told that the online land record project would be started in 10 districts of the province. She was apprised that 811,044 acres of government land would be utilised for corporate farming.

Earlier in the day, Maryam, while presiding over another meeting on the Urban Unit in Lahore, said comprehensive planning was essential for the Regional Economic Corridor in Punjab.

She directed to prepare a mapping plan for industrial zones.

The CM said the government would assist small industrialists after obtaining authentic data through industrial mapping.

She directed to prepare data of all industrial units to formulate a practical strategy to control smog.

The chief minister said that all-out efforts will be made to facilitate investors.

Geo TV

Now the properties of overseas Pakistanis are in danger because these looters will commit online fraud now to grab their properties.

What are the expectations from Maryam "Calibri font" Nawaz? Before delving into any discussion about the expectations, or lack thereof, we hold for these incompetent individuals(PDM), it is imperative to resolve the mandate theft case. Only then can we accurately assess their capabilities, which, thus far, have proven to be nothing short of abject failures.

Decades worth of documented evidence exist, providing enough facts to dismantle the fallacy propagated by individuals like Maryam, showcasing not only the absence of good intentions but also their glaring incompetence.

Given the Nawaz family's track record and actions, the sentiment surrounding them isn't the most positive right now.

This lady has now requested more than 2 crore Pkr to get the tires of her Mercedes fixed that she bought for 10 lac PKR. Expectations like this I have from this lady. Well done.

The irony , Maryam will visit Jail tomorrow where political prisoners from PTI are locked up

Maryam Nawaz breaks fast with prisoners in Kot Lakhpat Jail

Punjab Chief Minister (CM) Maryam Nawaz on Sunday visited Central Jail Lahore in Kot Lakhpat and broke her fast with women prisoners, ARY News reported.

Instead of mixing up with the guests, the Punjab chief minister extended her support to the prisoners by eating with them at Iftar and presenting gifts, clothes and assistance of Rs15,000 to them.

A video shared by Punjab Minister Marriyum Aurangzeb showed CM Maryam Nawaz presenting samosas, pakoras, fruits and food to the women prisoners. She also visited different sections of the jail and planted a sapling in the lawns of Kot Lakhpat Jail.

She also visited the cell where her father and former prime minister Nawaz Sharif was kept during his period of imprisonment. She, while recalling those days spent in jail, got emotional.

I feel more sorry for the idiots who support her and her chor Kandan

Simple advice expect nothing from them​

=====

Punjab budget for last quarter of current FY to be presented today​

A session of the Punjab Assembly is scheduled to be held at 2pm today, Radio Pakistan reports.
Speaker Malik Muhammad Ahmad Khan will chair the session.

Punjab Finance Minister Mujtaba Shuja ur Rehman will present the budget for the remaining next three months during the session.

Source: Dawn News

Sher Afzal Marwat claims submit evidence against Maryam Nawaz to FIA

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Sher Afzal Marwat on Monday claimed that he had submitted evidence against Maryam Nawaz to Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) as he accused the latter of orchestrating an assassination plot against him, ARY News reported.

Marwat had asserted that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader had hired ‘contract killers’ to assassinate him. According to Marwat, the alleged contract to assassinate him was not just a verbal threat but involved tangible financial transactions.

The PTI leader suggested that the chief minister’s involvement came to light through intercepted telephone conversations, which he intended to share with relevant investigation authorities.

The PTI leader alleged that Maryam Nawaz authorised $100,000 to payment for the sinister plan, and the transaction had taken place in Dubai. “Evidence in this regard has been submitted to FIA today,” he added.

ARY News

Where are the 300 free units which she promised in election campaign

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz on Tuesday announced the establishment of Pakistan’s first IT city in Lahore, ARY News reported.

She announced this while chairing third cabinet meeting on Tuesday. The meeting was also attended by provincial ministers, chief secretary and IGP.

In the meeting, the chief minister also approved annual and supplementary budget grants for 2023-24.

The chief minister further instructed to hand over the Lahore Knowledge Park to the Punjab Central Business District Authority.

Speaking on the occasion, she said that IT city would be completed within a year. All the major universities of the world would be invited to establish their campuses, she added.

The chief minister also approved the project of giving 20,000 electric bikes to students on soft installments. The distribution of bikes would be started from May this year.

She also highlighted the need for starting the air ambulance project on a trial basis in order to assist patients who reside in remote parts of the province.

ARY News

CM Maryam meets finance minister, vows to fix economy

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif met Finance Minister Muhammad Aurangzeb on Monday and vowed to pull the country out of the current economic crisis.

She said the finance minister will make people-friendly decisions for the economic turnaround. “Together, we will pull Pakistan out of the economic crisis,” Ms Sharif said.

Later, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif also called on the CM and her father, Nawaz Sharif.

Mr Asif reportedly discussed the launch of development projects in his constituency in Sialkot with the chief minister.

The father and daughter also met with Turkish Ambassador Dr Mehmet Pacaci and discussed ways to increase cooperation.

“Pakistan and Turkiye want to increase cooperation in commerce, economy and other fields,” the CM said, adding that increasing the trade volume between the two countries was the need of the hour.

She highlighted vast investment opportunities in her province in housing, tourism, solar energy and other sectors.

“Favourable investment ecosystems and incentives are being provided for investment in Punjab,” the CM said, urging Turkish investors to take advantage of these investment opportunities.

The Turkish ambassador said the two countries have “historical brotherly relations” and the bilateral cooperation was also exemplary. He reiterated commitment to increasing cooperation with the Punjab government in various fields.

Maryam was first humiliated to have postponed Atchison visit and now this nepotism scandal has popped up and she has remained silent on the issue why don't she issue showcause to Cheema and plead the Principal to not leave his position

Punjab CM Maryam Nawaz announces distribution of 50,000 solar systems​

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has unveiled plans to distribute 50,000 solar systems across the province as part of a comprehensive solar home solution initiative.

The announcement came during a review meeting chaired by the Chief Minister, where the Secretary of Energy provided insights into the program's implementation.

The solar systems are set to feature cutting-edge technology, including advanced solar plates, inverters, batteries, and other essential components. With an initial allocation of Rs 12.6 billion for the first phase, the program aims to enhance energy efficiency and sustainability across Punjab.

During the meeting, she emphasized the need for immediate action in installing one-kilowatt solar systems and urged the adoption of the latest solar technology.

Additionally, she welcomed Chairman Wang Yaodong of China State Construction Engineering Corporation, highlighting the potential for collaboration between China and Pakistan.

Nawaz lauded China's One Window Operation System as a global model for investment promotion and expressed interest in exploring opportunities for private sector engagement in the IT sector. She also extended a warm invitation for China's cooperation in agriculture and efforts to combat smog.

Furthermore, Chief Minister Nawaz emphasized the importance of strengthening economic ties between Pakistan and China, noting that CPEC projects hold significant potential for generating employment opportunities and driving economic growth in both countries.

Source: SAMAA

It would be a better thing if they start producing more and more electricity in the national grid by using such methods and lower the tariff rate at least for the residential users.

Punjab to get 32 field hospitals, 200 clinic-on-wheels

Punjab government decided to establish 32 field hospitals and 200 clinic-on-wheels under the ‘revolutionary programme’ soon, ARY News reported.

Chief Minister (CM) Maryam Nawaz presided over a meeting on health reforms in the province in which a project for establishing 32 field hospitals and 200 clinic-on-wheels in the province was approved. Reconstitution of the health system and ongoing health schemes were also reviewed in the meeting.

CM Maryam also accorded approval to revamp the rural and basic health centres across the province. The chief minister passed directives to promptly issue Rs. 16 billion to upgrade the hospitals and instructed not to delay issuing the amount needed to rebuild the projects.

She emphasized that implementing changes and reforms in the health sector is of the utmost importance and said that any problems with projects aimed at developing the health sector should be reported right away.

The chief minister was apprised that the launching of 32 field hospitals would be undertaken next month. Additionally, 200 clinic on wheels would be established for the residents of semi urban and Katchi Abadies.

She was told that doctors, LHVs, and vaccinators would be available in the clinic on wheels along with ultrasound facilities. The medicines of hepatitis, Tuberculosis (TB) and cardiac ailments would be provided to the patients at their doorstep.

CM maryam is ready to export Donkeys I guess.

--------------------------

CM seeks steps to hike milk, meat export to China

Punjab Chief Minister Maryan Nawaz Sharif has directed the authorities concerned to take steps to increase the export of buffalo meat and milk to China.

“Only vaccinated and tagged cattle will be brought to cattle markets and slaughterhouses,” she asserted while chairing a meeting that was briefed on the export potential of the livestock sector.

She said authentic data of cattle should be prepared and regularly updated, directing the authorities concerned to pay special attention to research and development.

The chief minister stressed that more work was needed for disease control and breed improvement.

She also issued directives for boosting disease control measures in the province.

“The foot and mouth disease control programme should be made more effective. FMD vaccine should be produced locally in large quantities,” she added.

“A new mechanism must be created to increase the export of dairy products,” she stressed.

The chief minister was informed that the upgrade of vaccine production labs would cost Rs360 million and zoonosis centre Rs299 million.

Officials said breed improvement could increase the yield by up to 25 per cent.

The chief minister was apprised that livestock accounts for 14.36% of the country’s GDP. Punjab produces the country’s 62% milk, 43% beef, 33% mutton and 65% poultry meat.

She was informed that China imports $17 billion worth of meat and $2 billion worth of milk from the country annually.

The CM directed the officials to present a report on the volume of poultry trade with the Gulf countries and China. She also called for steps to increase the export of buffalo meat and milk to China.

She agreed to a proposal to provide motorbikes for veterinary doctors and vans for mobile dispensaries.

Anti-narcotics dept

Chairing a review meeting on the department of excise, taxation and narcotics control, the chief minister issued directives for the creation of a new anti-narcotics department.

She also directed the officials concerned to clear the backlog of registration plates of vehicles.

“All resourceful people who are not paying tax currently should be brought into the tax net,” she said, while stressing that the tax on houses needed to be rationalised.

She directed the authorities concerned to prepare an assessment report on the difference in property tax due to mismatch in the rental values and official rates. She approved a proposal to set up a tax consultancy unit for proper evaluation.

The CM was apprised that 13 excise checkpoints would be established to prevent smuggling of goods and drugs.

Moreover, the launch of e-stamped documents for registrations of vehicles will result in a 12.5% increase in tax collection. The revival of an opium factory and the review of pharmaceuticals will add tax revenue of Rs900 million.

The excise department will also work with the Safe City Authority for the recovery of penalties.

Presiding over a meeting on health reforms, the chief minister approved a plan to launch a Field Hospital and Clinic on Wheels Project along with revamping of rural and basic health centers across the province.

SOURCE: EXPRESS TRIBUNE

Last edited:
Punjab govt faces losses worth millions over under-utilisation of health cards

It has come to light that the Punjab government has incurred significant financial losses due to the inadequate utilization of the health cards in government hospitals.

The incompetence of the primary healthcare department has been cited as a major factor contributing to this loss worth millions of rupees to the exchequer, despite the low utility of the facility.

In December last year, more than 96,000 patients were admitted to hospital, out of which only 27,000 were treated on the health card, as per records available with Samaa TV.

The government had to spend extra money to treat 71% of patients in December. Even in January 2024, the government had to pay additional treatment costs for 71% of patients.

In February 2024, patient admissions on health cards fell by another 2%, the records show. As a consequence, the Punjab government has had to allocate additional funds from the treasury to cover the treatment expenses of a significant portion of patients in government hospitals.

Moreover, the government is also bearing the burden of paying premiums to the State Life Insurance Company.

Punjab Health Company Chief Executive Officer Ali Razzaq said they took notice of the low usage of the health card in government hospitals and have directed the hospitals to make more use of the facility.

“The use of health cards is being increased in government hospitals,” Razzaq claimed.

SAMAA

Its giving me more vibes like "Pindi ay.. pindi ay... pindi ay" :ROFLMAO:

UqpysE5.jpeg

How would you rate her acting skills and her tactics for staying active in the media?

In a bid for poverty alleviation, Punjab Govt. Is planning to provide cattles to the needy person which will help them to be self sufficient.
Note: The same party made fun of IK when he introduced chicken farming for poverty reduction

Punjab govt to open transgender schools in each division: CM

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has announced the establishment of a transgender school at division level and also directed the relevant authorities to provide educational facilities to special children in at least one government school in each district.

These decisions were taken at a meeting held to review proposed school education reforms in the province.

While chairing the review meeting, CM Nawaz said: “Schools for transgender [community] will be established at divisional level.”

Interestingly, nine of the 11 divisions in Punjab already had schools for the transgender community in the past. The initiative was taken by the previous PTI government under the supervision of the then Punjab Minister for School Education Murad Raas.

When contacted, Trans Educational School System, Multan, Principal Alisha Sherazi told Dawn that no one from the government had contacted them for the establishment of transgender schools, as such schools already existed in D.G. Khan, Gujranwala, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Faisalabad, Gujrat, Multan and Bahawalpur. Only the one established in Lahore was later closed, she added.

Alisha Sherazi, a transgender and a former consultant of UNDP who did her MPhil in Education, Planning and Management from Burhanuddin Zakariya University, explained that three of the schools including D.G. Khan, Multan and Bahawalpur were giving vocational training to members of the transgender community. Four labs for IT, stitching, cooking and make-up classes were established in those schools, while other schools were focusing on academics, according to the principal.

The government did not have the exact figures of transgender community’s population in the Punjab, Alisha added.

At the meeting, CM Maryam Nawaz directed relevant officials to implement a new comprehensive procedure, in line with the international best practices, for the selection of CEOs, DEOs, and DDEOs in each district.

She also took notice of delay in the delivery of textbooks to schools. However, the officials present at the meeting assured the chief minister that textbooks would be provided to all schools by May. They said the supply of 41 per cent textbooks had already been completed. She was told that from next year, textbooks would be made available at schools by February.

They also presented the CM a new storybook on environmental pollution and climate change for schools.

Minister for School Education Rana Sikandar Hayat, senior minister Marriyum Aurangzeb, information minister Azma Zahid Bukhari, Senator-elect Pervaiz Rashid, MPA Sania Ashiq, chief secretary and other relevant officers attended the meeting.

Govt launches Interest-free e-bikes project for students

With this initiative of CM Punjab, Maryam Nawaz, the students can acquire motorcycles and e-bikes through easy monthly installment plans with male students have the option to pay Rs 11,676 per month, while female students can avail the offer at Rs 7,325 per month.

The initiative, set to roll out in phases, will commence in key cities including Faisalabad, Multan, Bahawalpur, Rawalpindi, and Lahore.

Notably, in Lahore, motorcycles will be distributed based on the population density of each district, ensuring equitable access for students across the region.

To be eligible for the scheme, candidates must be enrolled as graduate college students in either public or private universities. Additionally, they must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driving license or learner’s permit for motorcycles under the installment plan.

On the direction of Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz’s initiative, students will get 19,000 petrol bikes and 1,000 electric bikes.

Back