"Fawad Alam omitted due to poor form" : Mohsin Khan

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
The Pakistani selectors announced on Tuesday the 30 man preliminary squad for the upcoming World Cup, a day ahead of the ICC deadline.

The Pakistani selection committee had been granted additional time by the ICC to finalise the preliminary squad, due to the ongoing investigations by the PCB appointed Integrity Committee into the availability of wicket keeper Kamran Akmal, former captain Shoaib Malik and leg spinner Danish Kaneria.

Whilst the bulk of the squad was as expected, there were two notable absentees from the names issued by the Selection Committee. Ahead of the announcement there were doubts regarding Shoaib Malik, but there will have been few that will have predicted the omission of left handed middle order batsmen Fawad Alam.

Speaking to PakPassion.net Selection Committee Chairman Mohsin Khan confirmed why he and his colleagues in the Selection Committee decided to leave out 25 year old Alam.

"We simply could not find a place for Fawad in the squad and that was down to him not being in the sort of form needed in a tournament like the World Cup."

Alam made his one day international debut in May 2007 against Sri Lanka where he scored a first ball duck and has featured in 27 one day internationals, but has not been able to cement his place in the starting line up. The wristy left hander has 4 half centuries to his name and averages just over 37, with a strike rate of 73.80.

In the recent 5 match one day series in UAE against South Africa, Alam made scores of 9, 48, 59 not out, 6 and 1. Prior to the one day series in UAE, Alam made scores of 39, 20 not out, 64, 29 and 1 against England.

More recently though Alam was dropped after the first Twenty20 international against New Zealand when he managed just 9 runs.

Whilst Kamran Akmal was named in the 30 man squad, there was bad news for Shoaib Malik and Danish Kaneria as the selection committee overlooked both players who had also been summoned by the Integrity Committee recently in Lahore. Khan's response when asked about the availability of Kaneria stated that "the selection committee only selected players that were made available to us".

The former opening batsmen added that he was satisfied with the balance and makeup of the 30 man squad stating that "I feel we have selected the 30 best players that were available for selection and I am confident that we can select a strong final squad from these players."

Pakistan's build up for the World Cup will be finalised with six one day internationals in New Zealand later this month and Khan added that the squad for the one day series will be finalised next week.

"The selection committee will meet again next week in Lahore to finalise the one day squad for the six match series versus New Zealand and let me clarify that the one day squad for New Zealand was not selected at the same time as the provisional World Cup squad."

IMG_0003.jpg

Last edited:
this proves that PCB, Selectors & Management have ZERO analytical skills...are they blind or something???

3rd highest run getter in ODIs for Pakistan in 2010, and he's out of form?????????????????????????

Morons, all of them!!!

Out of form? - Translation to basic english.

My fellow selector MR IIyas didnt want him in the squad and i had no choice as Mr Ilyas would have gone running to Ijaz Butt and lost me my job if i didnt agree with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
this proves that PCB, Selectors & Management have ZERO analytical skills...are they blind or something???

3rd highest run getter in ODIs for Pakistan in 2010, and he's out of form?????????????????????????

Morons, all of them!!!

I think Mohsin is right Fawad needs to play some T20 z in domestic to increase his power hitting because when match is in crutial situation (pakistani team always in crutial situations) he fails to strike the ball SO it was a good decision:sohail

Out of form? - Translation to basic english.

My fello selector MR IIyas didnt want him in the squad and i had no choice as Mr Ilyas would have gone running to Ijaz Butt and lost me my job if i didnt agree with him.
May be that was also the reason but i like coz Fawad needs some improvment as i have mentioned above :sohail

"The selection committee will meet again next week in Lahore to finalise the one day squad for the six match series versus New Zealand and let me clarify that the one day squad for New Zealand was not selected at the same time as the provisional World Cup squad."

Huh? So the squad has already been selected? It would be ridiculous if they don't choose the same 15 for the NZ ODI series that will be going to the World Cup.

Last edited:
has been given a decent run and has not showed enough to suggest that should be in the team.

even his average has been dropping sharply since it was about 42 after the ODIs in Australia.

if you're not going to the school picnic, there's no need to reserve you a seat on the school bus..

May be that was also the reason but i like coz Fawad needs some improvment as i have mentioned above :sohail

ridiculous. Cricket is not just about hitting a long ball. He was an important cog in the ODI team. Pakistan will miss him.

I'm sure there is more behind to Fawad axing than him being out of form...Mohsin is not telling the truth..

ridiculous. Cricket is not just about hitting a long ball. He was an important cog in the ODI team. Pakistan will miss him.
I have never said that hitting long ball but OK OK let me clear he makes singles doubles very nice rotate strike cool now he is et at the crease but cant hit the ball out of the park that was my point :sohail

is he out of form in domestic? Because he's always been **** in twenty20 and nobody knows why he was included in the match vs. NZ but ths guy needs a longer period to establish himself in ODI's I mean after the WC he should be given a chance.

out of form?

he scored the same amount of runs as younus khan did in the 5 ODI's they just played...

so why wasnt younus khan axed?

QUESTION OF THE DAY...

the notion that he wasnt improving is laughable to say the least. He was 3rd highest scorer for Pakistan last year, tells alot about his consistency. Not in form? who was Mr. Mohsin? Azhar Ali & Naved Yasin? how many ODIs have they played for Pakistan recently ...

out of form?

he scored the same amount of runs as younus khan did in the 5 ODI's they just played...

so why wasnt younus khan axed?

QUESTION OF THE DAY...

You wont get a straight answer from these selectors. I think they used the wrong filters on Cricinfo statsguru when using it to help with their selections.

like yousuf has set the world on fire with tons of runs.
what a joke, yeah he was only one of our top performers this year.

Huh? So the squad has already been selected? It would be ridiculous if they don't choose the same 15 for the NZ ODI series that will be going to the World Cup.

Good spot. What a failed cricket board.

I think Mohsin is right Fawad needs to play some T20 z in domestic to increase his power hitting because when match is in crutial situation (pakistani team always in crutial situations) he fails to strike the ball SO it was a good decision:sohail

please tell me you are joking?

PCB has a plan you see. 15 players will be selected for the NZ ODI series and if they fail the other 15 will replace them and go to the world cup!

Simples!

50496_124740490524_6277469_n.jpg

asad shafiq, younis khan, misbah, afridi...

all didn't do jack squat with the bat in recent RSA series, forget about the Eng series...and they are in the squad, but Fawad is OUT OF FORM???

do they think we are BLIND? that public is stupid?

Post edited. Refrain from using such disgusting language !

No its not been selected, thats what he's said.

It will be finalised next week.

No its not been selected, thats what he's said.

It will be finalised next week.

Any chance PP can arrange an Interview with one of the other selectors, Namely MR IIyas?

I think he was voted out due to pressure from Abaa g (Illyas) since his son in law was also not selected. It is clear that Afridi wanted Fawad in the team but couldn't get all his wishes granted.

how can we just sit and accept this...something has to be done about this injustice to Fawad...

today it's him, tomorrow it may very well be some other youngster whose career gets destroyed by these goons!

Last edited:
Totally deserved after being in the team for more than 3 years...No captain shows confidence on him..Well done Mohsin...its time for Navid Yasin ,Haris sohail and Amer sajjad now

Out of form?

Surely, that isn't a valid reason to drop him from the probables list?

Fawad Alam would have had to been averaging below 10 at the international level in order to not make the top 30 players. I would understand if Fawad Alam was dropped from the final squad, but to be dropped from the preliminary squad was idiotic after spending so much time on him in previous series.

Mr. Mohsin, it was better when you were not talking.
Really, did this guy even check the stats of any player. I think he goes to pcb only to collect paycheck and to sign selection sheet given to him by butt.
Do they make minutes of selection committee meetings. If not than they should start keeping the minutes and should make them available to public.

what form he is talking about? Are yousuf, younis, Misbah, Umar Akmal, all in good form? ********.

I hope Pakistan loses to Afghanistan in the world cup. Inshallah.

Illyas is lucky I Don't live in Lahore...

lol same, i'll beat the crap out of him.

Bagairat selector, what form he is talking about? Are yousuf, younis, Misbah, Umar Akmal, all in good form? ********.

Why just because of one idiotic move (as always done by the PCB) you want our team to loose to afghanistan, where is your support man? :afridi

Poor form?

Innings by innings list Inns Score Overs Conc Wkts Ct St Opposition Ground Start Date
1 9 - - - - - v South Africa Abu Dhabi 29 Oct 2010 ODI # 3062
2 - DNB - - 0 0 v South Africa Abu Dhabi 29 Oct 2010 ODI # 3062
1 - DNB - - 1 0 v South Africa Abu Dhabi 31 Oct 2010 ODI # 3063
2 48 - - - - - v South Africa Abu Dhabi 31 Oct 2010 ODI # 3063
1 - DNB - - 1 0 v South Africa Dubai 2 Nov 2010 ODI # 3064
2 59* - - - - - v South Africa Dubai 2 Nov 2010 ODI # 3064
1 - DNB - - 0 0 v South Africa Dubai 5 Nov 2010 ODI # 3067
2 6 - - - - - v South Africa Dubai 5 Nov 2010 ODI # 3067
1 - DNB - - 0 0 v South Africa Dubai 8 Nov 2010 ODI # 3069
2 1 - - - - - v South Africa Dubai 8 Nov 2010 ODI # 3069

His score is in bold.

5 match series - a 48 and a 59*.

Poor form?

Comparatively speaking, Fawad has been doing well in ODIs. Not a valid excuse from Mohsin. In fact, its unacceptable. I wonder whether you reminded Mr. Khan of Fawad's avg. this year, Saj? It doesn't seem bad at all keeping in mind that Pakistan batting hasn't been great this year.

Last edited:
He was definately not out of form. True he doesn't have any power hitting game and his shots are not pleasing to eye but that's beside the point. He has scored runs in recent games and to use form as an exuse is just BS from Mohsin Khan.

There are other reasons behind his exclusion and he should have avoided saying "out of form" as the reason as he was certainly not out of form.

Is this the current form MHK talking about?

Attachments

• fa1.jpg
    fa1.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 696
  • fa2.jpg
    fa2.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 634
  • fa3.jpg
    fa3.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 660
how can we just sit and accept this...something has to be done about this injustice to Fawad...

today it's him, tomorrow it may very well be some other youngster whose career gets destroyed by these goons!

i have been watching cricket from last 30 years and have never ever watched such a useless player like fawad alam.. totally useless for me in limited over cricket... i don't know what you have seen special in his batting which other all couldn't see...

the first useles player counter to my cricket watching career was asif mujtaba

second was imran farhat

and third was fawad alam but above to at least win 2-3 matches for us which fawad couldn't do yet and hopefully can never win a single game for us, then why we need him so much????
i am really speachless to see your so much support for such a useless player..

we need a match winner at his position not a few useless run scorer which can never help to win a match!

Asif Mujtaba to phir bhi hit laga leyta tha, Fawad sahab to woh bhi naheen kar saktey.

Rubbish. Mohsin Khan isn't telling the real story. Other selectors, like Farhat's father-in-law are against the selection of Fawad Alam, thus leading up to him being axed. And Farhat's father-in-law (don't remember the name) is good friends with :ibutt, therefore Fawad never had a chance. Keep in mind that Farhat's father in law resigned because Mohsin Khan wanted Fawad in the team, and he didn't.

Out of form?

Surely, that isn't a valid reason to drop him from the probables list?

Fawad Alam would have had to been averaging below 10 at the international level in order to not make the top 30 players. I would understand if Fawad Alam was dropped from the final squad, but to be dropped from the preliminary squad was idiotic after spending so much time on him in previous series.

:)) Exactly. Its not like this is the final 11. This is THIRTY players. And he had performed all year and there is still some time yet he can rediscover his form.

Mohsin Khan is an idiot selector who always comes up with these dumb excuses. I don't even know if he cares to watch the games. Just admit it was a political decisions so you can at least be honest in your life once.

Who the HELL is made this man selector go and try to act inn bollywood movies you m.u.g

More stupid the people who didn't remind him that he was one of the main scorers

what form he is talking about? Are yousuf, younis, Misbah, Umar Akmal, all in good form? ********.

beghairti ki bhi had hoti hai yaar:afridi

Why is this guy blatently lying out of his teeth and not being asked why ?? This is humiliating a player through dishonesty, atleast be frank about the reasoning.

Saj if you was gonna interview him about fawads selection in the probables of the very minimum, at least you could have asked him in response to his poor form was... If he is in poor form then how comes hes the 3rd highest run getter and 3rd highest average for Pakistan in 2010 ODI form ?? If that was the criteria why wasnt asad shafique and Shahzaib left out ??

Why is this guy blatently lying out of his teeth and not being asked why ?? This is humiliating a player through dishonesty, atleast be frank about the reasoning.

Saj if you was gonna interview him about fawads selection in the probables of the very minimum, at least you could have asked him in response to his poor form was... If he is in poor form then how comes hes the 3rd highest run getter and 3rd highest average for Pakistan in 2010 ODI form ?? If that was the criteria why wasnt asad shafique and Shahzaib left out ??

I agree if any QUESTION that should have been the first one ...

Mohsin khan should have been reminded by SAJ and atleast been asked the question...... Forget the rest to interview that is waist of time

Last edited:
i have been watching cricket from last 30 years and have never ever watched such a useless player like fawad alam.. totally useless for me in limited over cricket... i don't know what you have seen special in his batting which other all couldn't see...

second was imran farhat

and third was fawad alam but above to at least win 2-3 matches for us which fawad couldn't do yet and hopefully can never win a single game for us, then why we need him so much????

we need a match winner at his position not a few useless run scorer which can never help to win a match!

haha I agree with you ..

ok not selecting him in final 15 is something else than not even selecting him in list of 30 probables.

Surley it is another typing error from one of the :ibutt writers. just like Salman Ahmed.

I am sure Malik and Fawad will be part of final 15 just got that feeling.

second was imran farhat

Good job! I see you have no personal vendetta against Fawad.

i dont know understand one thing......y they keep callin it only the squad for odi tht will b selected next week...it will also b the world cup squad...as they have to announce it till 19 jan.....which is before any odi....so they cant change it after odi series unless there is an injury

guys guys ... dont worry about alams form he means money $$ forms to pay the true top guys eg Butt sahab. Im sure some day once PPP is finished someone like MQM will support him in his money form or financial needs to get into the team. :wahab

Ah Nadeem and co, never let facts get in the way, eh?

3rd highest run scorer in 2010 in 1 less innings than Umar Akmal.

Still, that ODI star, Azhar Ali is in form and so is YK, MoYo and Misbah...

I think Fawad nicked Farhat's Bandana...

Last edited:
haha as I recal, Fawad was the batsman who saved our ass against England and south Africa during the ODI series by scoring consectivly during crucial moments..

I think Imran Farhat's Sasoor Ilyas sahab doesn't like Fawad.. he is the reason fawad is out of the team.. speaking of fairness..

Form or no form Fawad didn't deserved to be in the team.. Great Decision By Mr. Mohisn!!

As opposed to the blistering form that the likes of Taufeeq Umar or Rana (who hasn't played a one-day of any form since Jan 2009) have displayed, right?

Mohsin has proved he is a bigger A** than :ibutt.. Lamest excuse. my 3 year old nephew could have come up with better one..

second was imran farhat

I am convinced you have spent those 30 years watching cricket in your gully. If that is not the case then you need your eyes examined.

He is a habitual liar. I remember he said something aboout a player and the next day the player in an interview said something exactly opposite.

Zero respect for this loser.

I kinda agree and disagree with MK. Agreeing on the basis Yes Alam is not material who could represent at the top level. Perhaps he needs to work on some power. I am not saying cricket is all about power, but he should be capable to clear the field frequently.

Disagreeing, Apart from Hafeez whoelse is in form. Alams form is way better than Umar, Asad etc.

Anyways, Alam should take it positively, if he wants to survive than act now and work for his future.

PCB are a bunch of fools, how many players careers have they ended.. countless..

its really sad, Fawad Alam deserved to rep us in the WC, he would have been suited to play on sub continent pitches in the middle order.

really unfortunate and pathetic..

Really unfortunate that Fawad continues to be made a scapegoat. Comparatively he has had a good run in ODI but somehow the selectors look for the one failure before slashing him.

They claim he is a test player but then don't pick him for test matches either. Personally I think he should be playing both Tests and ODI ... maybe not T20s.

Really unfortunate that Fawad continues to be made a scapegoat. Comparatively he has had a good run in ODI but somehow the selectors look for the one failure before slashing him.

They claim he is a test player but then don't pick him for test matches either. Personally I think he should be playing both Tests and ODI ... maybe not T20s.

Agree!!

has been given a decent run and has not showed enough to suggest that should be in the team.

even his average has been dropping sharply since it was about 42 after the ODIs in Australia.

if you're not going to the school picnic, there's no need to reserve you a seat on the school bus..

Very true EXCEPT that's when the school boy decides before hand that he doesn't want to attend the picnic! See the difference?

I'm sure Mohsin is a nice person who probably for unfortunate reasons has no control over the selection and knows what he said is not true.

BUT if that's the case, refuse to be a selector rather than having to resort to lies and being abused by everyone for it.

Last edited:
Mohsin Khan makes me laugh. He had the nerve to say Fawad is out of form when clearly he has one of the best averages in ODI for 2010. Can the PCB be that thick and dum. Now this is another level.

I dont think the selectors actually look at stats and figures.

They are probably so thick and dum they probably think 2+2 = 5.

Ive been saying this for a while now Mohsin Khan needs to be booted back to Bollywood because as a cheif selector he stinks rotten..

When Mohsin Khan does get the boot I will be giving out Matai in celebration and dancing on the streets in happiness

Last edited:

Talk about results. He was one of your top 3 batsmen in ODIs last year (and we did not play BD or Zim in 2010!).
Why would you drop your third highest run scorer from the WC squad??! :po:

Are all of the players in the squad going to the school picnic?
Why announce the 30 probables then? Are players like Naved Yasin, Taufeeq Umar, even Azhar Ali and Nasir Jamshed going to the school picnic?

But does Fawad even need a seat? Chota sa toh hai, kahin bhi arr jae ga bus main.

I'm sure he's happy to stand all the way too. Or even run behind the bus with his wee satchel...

most important Yousuf and Younis !!! not seen them score

thanks you Ilyas you m.u.g
Yousuf has been averaging in the low 20's for over 2 years and yet he keeps getting selected even when he has big fitness problems.

Yousuf has been averaging in the low 20's for over 2 years and yet he keeps getting selected even when he has big fitness problems.

I am not even sure he wants to play???

If he would want to play he should have played First class cricket but ht is doing personal stuff i am not sure he has the talent to come back after soo long no cricket and then straight into a world cup

I am not even sure he wants to play???

If he would want to play he should have played First class cricket but ht is doing personal stuff i am not sure he has the talent to come back after soo long no cricket and then straight into a world cup
Also to add Fawad is a wonderful fielder and he is far better than most out there. It going to be comical when watching these fielders field during the world cup. Especially with Yousuf, Razzaq, Ajmal and Akhther.

But does Fawad even need a seat? Chota sa toh hai, kahin bhi arr jae ga bus main.

I'm sure he's happy to stand all the way too. Or even run behind the bus with his wee satchel...

stop making fun of fadi, you guys! i think we need a britney style LEAVE FADI ALONE video. waisay, i bet the seniors made him sit on the chhath with the pepsi ka crate even when he was going to the picnic.

waisay, i bet the seniors made him sit on the chhath with the pepsi ka crate even when he was going to the picnic.

:)))

Maybe that's where his excellent pepsi-serving and chai-making skills came from - and then as a result, he was so darn good at this that for 18 months he accompanied the team on all foreign tours as designated chai-guy, never getting a game.

:)))

Maybe that's where his excellent pepsi-serving and chai-making skills came from - and then as a result, he was so darn good at this that for 18 months he accompanied the team on all foreign tours as designated chai-guy, never getting a game.

Wasn't he fined or something by the PCB for missing a meeting because he was away drinking chai or something?

second was imran farhat

I Salute Mr MajidBhuta........Fawad is useless no doubt

Until he changes his ugly technique he should stay out. Yeah his stats say he can play on flat tracks but once a quality bowler comes on he is all over the place - in tangles at times.

Until he changes his ugly technique he should stay out. Yeah his stats say he can play on flat tracks but once a quality bowler comes on he is all over the place - in tangles at times.

Was he in tangles i'm Australia when he was compiling that 60 odd against decent bowling? Similarly against England, Sri lanka and south Africa?? If Fawad with a 38 average was in tangles then what's gonna happen to an aging hasbeen whose been averaging low 20's for the past two years, or a rookie whose never played at international level???

This is all besides the point, the real issue is not whether he plays a game at the worldcup or even gets into the 15 man squad. It's about being in the 30 list squad! To eliminate him from the 30 is plain ridiculous in many aspects and the fact that so many pakistany's fail to understand this is a bad indictment on our culture/society as a whole. AZ, you can take this and shove it where it hurts!

AZ can go on and ridicule me for bringing up Pakistany society in debates over cricket only to back up what I'm always harping on about by coming out with the most ridiculous opinions I've ever heard!

Was he in tangles i'm Australia when he was compiling that 60 odd against decent bowling? Similarly against England, Sri lanka and south Africa?? If Fawad with a 38 average was in tangles then what's gonna happen to an aging hasbeen whose been averaging low 20's for the past two years, or a rookie whose never played at international level???

This is all besides the point, the real issue is not whether he plays a game at the worldcup or even gets into the 15 man squad. It's about being in the 30 list squad! To eliminate him from the 30 is plain ridiculous in many aspects and the fact that so many pakistany's fail to understand this is a bad indictment on our culture/society as a whole. AZ, you can take this and shove it where it hurts!

AZ can go on and ridicule me for bringing up Pakistany society in debates over cricket only to back up what I'm always harping on about by coming out with the most ridiculous opinions I've ever heard!

+ 1 Eveything he said is right

Not a fan of Fawad Alam but I think he should have been selected ahead of Azhar Ali. Fawad is naturally suited for ODIs as a middle order consolidator.

Last edited:
Back