"Fawad Alam omitted due to poor form" : Mohsin Khan

Was he in tangles i'm Australia when he was compiling that 60 odd against decent bowling? Similarly against England, Sri lanka and south Africa?? If Fawad with a 38 average was in tangles then what's gonna happen to an aging hasbeen whose been averaging low 20's for the past two years, or a rookie whose never played at international level???

This is all besides the point, the real issue is not whether he plays a game at the worldcup or even gets into the 15 man squad. It's about being in the 30 list squad! To eliminate him from the 30 is plain ridiculous in many aspects and the fact that so many pakistany's fail to understand this is a bad indictment on our culture/society as a whole. AZ, you can take this and shove it where it hurts!

AZ can go on and ridicule me for bringing up Pakistany society in debates over cricket only to back up what I'm always harping on about by coming out with the most ridiculous opinions I've ever heard!

:yawn:

your rants have become repetitive and boring, please think of a new schtick.

Fawad has been D-R-O-P-P-E-D, he is not going to be considered, so no need for no-hopers in the probables list.

whether you agree with it is a separate issue.

that you have a rod up your backside for whenever I comment on an issue, really can't help that, you need to get over it by your own accord or ignore them altogether.

AZ your rants are/were the same as well specially when you were defending Usman, the classic lefthander.

In all honestly how can one say that Naved Yasin is better suited to WC 30 probable but not Fawad Alam. If you can't admit it that this is a joke at least stay QUIET.

AZ your rants are/were the same as well specially when you were defending Usman, the classic lefthander.

In all honestly how can one say that Naved Yasin is better suited to WC 30 probable but not Fawad Alam. If you can't admit it that this is a joke at least stay QUIET.

you don't even know his name, and you are attributing rants to me.

:)))

players get dropped, new players get drafted in all the time, just because you don't rate him doesn't mean he isn't good enough.

try to offer some proper, hopefully cricketing reasons to back your claim.

He should have made the 30 man squad but no way in heck he should have been in the final WC squad.

He is awful to watch and can't hit a boundary to save his life. He cost us the 3rd ODI againt SA with his tuk tuk.

I am convinced you have spent those 30 years watching cricket in your gully. If that is not the case then you need your eyes examined.

don't offend me personally, its my opinion he is worst player and very painful player to watch, in your openion he could be better than sachin or lara and its ok for me but if somebody ask me what kind of player he is i would say totally useless, played around 60 matches for pakistan and couldn't win a single match yet! only makes few useles runs when top order got out early and we already lost the match and we are 100% sure and we are not gona this match and then still tailender try to win that match with some hitting but this guy get the adavantage of that poor situation and make singles when avg needed is over 10-12 and have lot of over left and makes runs like 30-40 and keep himself not out..this is what is tactics give chance to his fans that my avg is this and that and i scored this number of runs..

but if somebody knows cricket and just watched that runs just would love to laugh on those useless runs.
in his 60 matches he got around 20 times chance to play a hero innings and win a match for us.. but he failed all 20 times.. he is the only player on the planet playing at number sex as bataman and yet couldn't win a single match.. he is the only player on the whole universe..

Good Job Mohsin khan first time you made a good decsions and didn't pick two useless players imran farhat and fawad..
i am really very thankful of you... we need a match winners not the match losers!

Mohsin Khan makes me laugh. He had the nerve to say Fawad is out of form when clearly he has one of the best averages in ODI for 2010. Can the PCB be that thick and dum. Now this is another level.

I dont think the selectors actually look at stats and figures.

They are probably so thick and dum they probably think 2+2 = 5.

Ive been saying this for a while now Mohsin Khan needs to be booted back to Bollywood because as a cheif selector he stinks rotten..

When Mohsin Khan does get the boot I will be giving out Matai in celebration and dancing on the streets in happiness

Mohsin khan might be wrong saying that he is out of form, mohsin khan should have said the fawad is the only player on the planet who is not capable to win a limited(t20/odi) over match. if somebody show me(mohsin) he had win a single match for us in his 56 matches i would love to add hin in out team. also show me any other single player in top 10 team playing at number six and yet couldn't win the single match for his team..

I(dona) don't care if he plays test cricket but for odis and t20 i am so happy he and imran farhat are not got selected on very marit.

Guys, who cares he is just a bits and pieces player, very poor technical player and is no match winner really, respect to the guy for his stats in domestic but he is just another domestic bully

don't offend me personally, its my opinion he is worst player and very painful player to watch, in your openion he could be better than sachin or lara and its ok for me but if somebody ask me what kind of player he is i would say totally useless, played around 60 matches for pakistan and couldn't win a single match yet! only makes few useles runs when top order got out early and we already lost the match and we are 100% sure and we are not gona this match and then still tailender try to win that match with some hitting but this guy get the adavantage of that poor situation and make singles when avg needed is over 10-12 and have lot of over left and makes runs like 30-40 and keep himself not out..this is what is tactics give chance to his fans that my avg is this and that and i scored this number of runs..

but if somebody knows cricket and just watched that runs just would love to laugh on those useless runs.
in his 60 matches he got around 20 times chance to play a hero innings and win a match for us.. but he failed all 20 times.. he is the only player on the planet playing at number sex as bataman and yet couldn't win a single match.. he is the only player on the whole universe..

Good Job Mohsin khan first time you made a good decsions and didn't pick two useless players imran farhat and fawad..
i am really very thankful of you... we need a match winners not the match losers!

Obviously you have wasted 30 years watching cricket as your criteria if somoen is good ir not is if he is good on your eyes while batting. Let me guess Imran Nazir is one of your favorite players.

I have never compared Fawad to Sachin or Lara but he is top 5 batsman for Pak in ODI in last 2 years. Stats cannot be denied however you put it. So it is not my opinion but facts, see post 35 that you have chosen to ignore.
Yes he can be painful to watch and sometimes get his timing off but is that reason enough to not have him the team?

Mohsin khan might be wrong saying that he is out of form, mohsin khan should have said the fawad is the only player on the planet who is not capable to win a limited(t20/odi) over match. if somebody show me(mohsin) he had win a single match for us in his 56 matches i would love to add hin in out team. also show me any other single player in top 10 team playing at number six and yet couldn't win the single match for his team..

I(dona) don't care if he plays test cricket but for odis and t20 i am so happy he and imran farhat are not got selected on very marit.

As I said you need to check your eyes and memory for that matter as it was already posted before but for YOU I am posting again. He has won a few matches for pakistan. One of those example is this
Please watch this before you make any further comments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cr6KQ1zsdM

As I said you need to check your eyes and memory for that matter as it was already posted before but for YOU I am posting again. He has won a few matches for pakistan. One of those example is this
Please watch this before you make any further comments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cr6KQ1zsdM

Trust me, before clicking on the link I knew it will be against SL the where he hit 3 fluke sixes out of his all 6 sixes.. but u can't called it a complete match winning innings, match winner in this match was a shoaib malik.

that three sixes could have been hit bu any tailender like umer gul, wahaz raiz, sohail tanvir.. it was just one time three sixes which we never saw again.. on that day i had supported him as well and thought he could be a good for pak but later i realized that sixes were just one time show!

Guys, who cares he is just a bits and pieces player, very poor technical player and is no match winner really, respect to the guy for his stats in domestic but he is just another domestic bully

Erm, what about the stats linked above; They are 2010 stats.

Fawad will definitely be missed in the world cup. The stability he provided to the middle order. The "OUT OF FORM" new zealand team will show what collapses Pakistan team is capable of despite having Younis, U Akmal, and other players in the squad.

Fawad will definitely be missed in the world cup. The stability he provided to the middle order. The "OUT OF FORM" new zealand team will show what collapses Pakistan team is capable of despite having Younis, U Akmal, and other players in the squad.
Fawad you are not eligible to play international cricket AND i know you are real Fawad Alam :D

Fawad you are not eligible to play international cricket AND i know you are real Fawad Alam

Well if the 3rd highest run scorer in 2010 for Pak is not fit to play International cricket, then the rest should just hang up their Batting gloves, no?

Well if the 3rd highest run scorer in 2010 for Pak is not fit to play International cricket, then the rest should just hang up their Batting gloves, no?

but but but he is boring , no scandels, no hitting power. who cares if he is the top 5 ranked batsman in domestic cricket for last 3 years

but but but he is boring , no scandels, no hitting power. who cares if he is the top 5 ranked batsman in domestic cricket for last 3 years

True.

Lets have sloggers all the way from 1 down to slot 7. So what if we collapse regularly; It will be a spectacular 120 run failure rather than a boring 10 run near defeat/6-4wicket victory...

I am waiting for the time when MOHSIN will be Omitted due to his poor selection :fawad

^ lol, shouldn't be too long now!

even :ibutt will be gone soon, hopefully.

even :ibutt will be gone soon, hopefully.

The only thing we can do is just 'hope' for now. However if Butt does leave then Pakistan cricket team will be MUCH better and hopefully the corruption will dissapear depending who replaces Butt.

After reading this touching interview, I'd be over the moon to see Qadir replacing Butt...

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=114894&highlight=Qadir

I personally believe that if Qadir didn't leave the board then things right now would have been much better!! :qadir

We've been hoping for that since a looooooong time now..:|

Yaar PCF, Ijaz Uncle ne aap ka kya bigara hai!

Don't forget, he's a World Cup Winning PCB Chairman!! :p

And anyway, he's still much better than Naseem Ashraf, and under a PPP government, you will never get anyone better than Butt, and could possibly get someone far worse.

"Better the devil you know", as they say.

Yaar PCF, Ijaz Uncle ne aap ka kya bigara hai!

Don't forget, he's a World Cup Winning PCB Chairman!! :p

And anyway, he's still much better than Naseem Ashraf, and under a PPP government, you will never get anyone better than Butt, and could possibly get someone far worse.

"Better the devil you know", as they say.

Bas..Ijaz uncle kahin mil jayein mujhay kisi din :2ar15smil

We won the WC because of our good luck charm :inti, not because of Ijaz Butt :p

I don't think we can have a worse PCB chairman than Ijaz uncle... unless the current Patron-in-Chief decides to assume that post himself.

Fawad's selction or non selection will always remain a major talking point for Pakistani fans.

It always is an interesting debate when it comes to Fadi.

We will hopefully be catching up with Fadi in the coming weeks.

Yeah, what astounds me is the sheer insulting nature of Mohsin's comment.

If being in the top 3 run scorers for your ODI team with a decent strike rate,Match building knocks and superb fielding, is out of form, then the rest of the 30 preliminaries ahouldn't be anywhere near the squad...

Saj, thanks. He won't say it, but his non-selection smacks of dirty politics; Either he's rightly/wrongly pssed someone off, or something else has surely happened behind the scenes.

Pakistan will do well in the WC, with Misbah, YK and co. and no Butt; Just would have been nice to see a hard working cricketer deservingly given the chance to show his worth to the balance of that side.

I am waiting for the time when MOHSIN will be Omitted due to his poor selection :fawad

mashallah that time will never come when somebody will regret that fawas was not selected.. totally zero value player for me...

we need a player for country not for few useless runs which only delay our defeat for few more mins but never ever help for our wins..

Why is Mohsin Khan lying? He's definitely not out of form.....

he slected navid yasin for fawad, look at that guys never disappoined his team.. highest scorer in the final for his team, won the final for his team..

today again highest score in the match.. against bowlers like sami..

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/496400.html

Naved Yasin run out 65 83 64 4 0 101.56

why fawad alam should selected over him. fawad alam not win single match yet for pakistan. and played about 60 matches..

now some people here come up with his 3 fluke sixes in the tiny boundary in canada that any tailender could have done at that positions... other than that he is nothing to show to his fans...

while navid yasin played only two matches against england A and every one in the fround praised his batting..

this guys scored last year 8 100s how u can ignore him? just beacuse he is from not lahore and karachi??????? is this his only fault he is not born in karachi or lahore to have big fans pool?

i have seen him two times in the t20 local tournament where he scored 15 and i don't remember the his other score but he was looking way way better batsman than so over hyped player like fawad alam.
just one question, born in a small city is a big crime????????????

he slected navid yasin for fawad, look at that guys never disappoined his team.. highest scorer in the final for his team, won the final for his team..

today again highest score in the match.. against bowlers like sami..

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/496400.html

Naved Yasin run out 65 83 64 4 0 101.56

why fawad alam should selected over him. fawad alam not win single match yet for pakistan. and played about 60 matches..

now some people here come up with his 3 fluke sixes in the tiny boundary in canada that any tailender could have done at that positions... other than that he is nothing to show to his fans...

while navid yasin played only two matches against england A and every one in the fround praised his batting..

this guys scored last year 8 100s how u can ignore him? just beacuse he is from not lahore and karachi??????? is this his only fault he is not born in karachi or lahore to have big fans pool?

i have seen him two times in the t20 local tournament where he scored 15 and i don't remember the his other score but he was looking way way better batsman than so over hyped player like fawad alam.
just one question, born in a small city is a big crime????????????

Is he that Good?? Ok we'll see when he gets chance.....Asif, Amir came from small places as well:asif:amir

:)) :))

Oh yea? how do you explain my comments in the commentry thread while Fawad was batting for the Pakistan Team?

if you r really fawad alam or his friend or ccousin, i really don't want to disappoint you, but i really have suggestion for you.. just say good bye to t20 and odi cricket for time being and just say i wana play test cricket and hopefully you will get selected soon! and keep ur your hardworking only for test cricket for a while..

just do that is possible for your body, don't try to load extra weights on ur weak spine.. if u get a successul in test cricket just think u made ur career and then after couple of years who knows u have power in ur hand and u have so many shots in ur pocket to show us and u can come back in odis and even t20..

but if u want a really good future then please right now just think about test cricket..

sadly but truely in pakistan selectors/fans when they see somebody fail in one format they dropped him in all formats even without thinking how good he could be in others.. and same sotry about succuess too.. if somebody is good in t2o they will put him test cricket as well even if he doesn't know what is the test cricket is..

so please concentrate on only test cricket and give us some break as well.. my fingers are really tired right now to right against u every day 100 to 200 posts that u r not suited to odis and t20 cricket.. who know u could be a best pak test player..

last but not least what we want just a win from our national team. i don't like defeats i only like wins.. i hate defeat but i love wins only

more or less we want to see you successful player of pak team but what I/we want a lot more is a win from our team.

Last edited:
^ And what would you say to a player who was one of our leading ODI scorers, regularly rebuilding the innings?

ahahahahaahah

Like i said before the WC started me and Fawad alam will have the last Laugh!!!

he is scoring for fun.... younis and co are getting out to Medium pacers

Strike rate of 98.86 while being 174 not out... Mohsin i think Fawad alam is in bad form

ahahahahaahah

Like i said before the WC started me and Fawad alam will have the last Laugh!!!

he is scoring for fun.... younis and co are getting out to Medium pacers

lets not blame younis, he already has 2 fifties in the world cup along with misbah he is a key in our middle order.

i think fawad alam is hard done by, he should definently be in the squad

junaid and asad shafiq selection is making no sense to me, because the management is reluctant to even play them.

due to our batting problems fawad alam would have been ideal, i would have put him at three to build a long innings and put an anchor down.

i would have dropped shehzad and opened with kamran and hafeez

He was badly treated by PCB, shoud've been in the WC squad, he can shut them all up by his performances, like Misbah is doing.

i love the scoreboard.

Rameez Raja (2) :)))

I mean come on can't he just be named Rameez Raja? Rameez doesn't exactly play cricket anymore. Looks more like a joke.

Sind team looks more dangerousss than the current Pakistani side. Sami and Anwar Ali would have been good bowlers in these conditions.....

And of course, Fawad Alam and Kaneria, also two top players.

Good stuff, he should be part of the middle order in the future, he doesn't throw his wicket away.

We need players who put a price for there wicket....

and even BIGGGG players ..... throw away there wickets when the bat with tail ender and try to slog but Fawad alam makes as many runs as possible and stays out there...

this is what you call effort and commitment.. Don't worry Fawad alam..

Inshallah next time when you will make a comeback you will prove the haters

We need players who put a price for there wicket....

and even BIGGGG players ..... throw away there wickets when the bat with tail ender and try to slog but Fawad alam makes as many runs as possible and stays out there...

this is what you call effort and commitment.. Don't worry Fawad alam..

Inshallah next time when you will make a comeback you will prove the haters

yeah may be next time he can also proved that his his jumping style is jumping style is very improved., current one was very ugly to watch for many full swing usless singles.

yeah may be next time he can also proved that his his jumping style is jumping style is very improved., current one was very ugly to watch for many full swing usless singles.

A 100 strike rate that is full of singles is no different from a 100 strike full of boundaries. You do know that right?

I doubt it, you think Ajmal should be playing instead of Rehman :facepalm:

A 100 strike rate that is full of singles is no different from a 100 strike full of boundaries. You do know that right?

I doubt it, you think Ajmal should be playing instead of Rehman :facepalm:

this is big joke that he makes runs with this SR in odi cricket.. he was totally thus in odi cricket.. what he was doing taking singles when all filders were either on boundaries and or edge of circle and free singles were availables even for my grandma coz required runrated was over 8-10 and then u r taking sinlges and expecting boundaries from players like Saeed Ajmal, rehman, mohammad asif, mohammad aamir.. and if he comes in the middle overs then was never take singles on each ball.. his SR shows each and everything... specially when u r playing last 10 overs and ur SR is is less then 80 which shows each and everything how good was he in taking singles and evern 95% free singles were available for all lower batsmen.. teams don't care much for singles from specialist batsman when remaining runrate is over 10 and knowing that on the other side ajmal and asif can't cross the boundaries.

what an incredible fall from grace.

not even worth a central contract!

poor guy.

this is big joke that he makes runs with this SR in odi cricket.. he was totally thus in odi cricket.. what he was doing taking singles when all filders were either on boundaries and or edge of circle and free singles were availables even for my grandma coz required runrated was over 8-10 and then u r taking sinlges and expecting boundaries from players like Saeed Ajmal, rehman, mohammad asif, mohammad aamir.. and if he comes in the middle overs then was never take singles on each ball.. his SR shows each and everything... specially when u r playing last 10 overs and ur SR is is less then 80 which shows each and everything how good was he in taking singles and evern 95% free singles were available for all lower batsmen.. teams don't care much for singles from specialist batsman when remaining runrate is over 10 and knowing that on the other side ajmal and asif can't cross the boundaries.

Youre missing the point. Hitting boundaries is not his thing, its not his fault that he is made to bat at a position where you need big hitters. Youre talking like every batsman should be able to play big shots. :moyo

Express Pace;3563893[B said:
]Fawad is crap to be honest[/B], but the reasoning stupid.

get ready for a lecture, topic "he is a supporter".:facepalm:
Pay attention I bet it will be funny.

Youre missing the point. Hitting boundaries is not his thing, its not his fault that he is made to bat at a position where you need big hitters. Youre talking like every batsman should be able to play big shots. :moyo

when needed then every batsmen who is in the crease for long time should be able to hit big shots.. otherwise u lost the whole hardwork u done from last 15-20 overs.. i have seen all countries batsmen from years, they take singles singles and then when they change their gears then all of them can hit.

this is his major flaw that he can't hit even when it is required very very badly.

otherwise i would have love to see him in my team!

Funny how with 5 "big hitters" in the side :afridi :razzaq :umarakmal :kami :ahmed, we still havent scored over 300 in an innings

when needed then every batsmen who is in the crease for long time should be able to hit big shots.. otherwise u lost the whole hardwork u done from last 15-20 overs.. i have seen all countries batsmen from years, they take singles singles and then when they change their gears then all of them can hit.

this is his major flaw that he can't hit even when it is required very very badly.

otherwise i would have love to see him in my team!

and every big hitter should be required to slow down when required, but it never works like that, does it?

Funny how with 5 "big hitters" in the side :afridi :razzaq :umarakmal :kami :ahmed, we still havent scored over 300 in an innings

We did it against Ken and scored almost against Sri Lanka.It was made possible by Misbah's change of gear and Umar quick knock.If Fawad was batting at those no.s ,our scorecard would have been around 230s,250s .

and every big hitter should be required to slow down when required, but it never works like that, does it?

i agree to this point, they need to use their brain.. like afridi never think there are 15 overs left and i am the last batsman.. he will never think to play that 15 overs with tail.. that is really sad part of pakistan cricket.. only one player think these things and he is misbah!

in last two match our tail could have played 15 more overs and if we didn't have wasted those 15 overs then we could have 50 runs in net runrate which could make very impossible for ZM ever after beating with big margin..

these are small things none of our player or management think.

here is the small two exmples in the last two matches.

match against canada.. ajmal were facing when two balls were remaing for that over and he swung the bat and luckily survived and next ball he did the same thing and gor bowled out.. when there were seven overs left and alot better hitter was on non striker end. If i were ajmal with 0.3% brain i could my try best to give all those overs to over gull and wouldn't swing the bat unless its lass over...

same thing did by shoaib in the next match.. 8 overs left and umer gull was doing very batting.. ball was coming on his bat.. then why shoaib try to hit six when non striker end is a lot better batsman..

coach and captain should have clearly tell these tailenders what is ur job.. everybody shouldn't just blindy swing the bat!.

problem with pakistan player they don't think these small things... bowlers think they are just bolwer.. they can swing the bat wildly don't care what the situation.. just bcoz captain said play positive...
i don't know what they take meaing of play positive.. for me play positive mean play according to situation.
and then there was no need to throw wildly like shoaib did in the last match.. give the free four runs.. if were captain i would have not laughed and see the shoaib face i would have gone to him and asked very clearly could me give single reason why u gave these four free runs... i could have moved one inch unless i would get reason from shoaib for these free runs!

they do these small things almost in every match.. its long time i have not seen they had played single perfect match.. where they didn't drop the catches or give the so many free runs

Well even if he was selected he would be warming the bench in this WC, just like Shafiq. The Bombastic players like Hafeez, Shehzad, Akmals, Razzaq are the preffered choices for this WC. Lets wait and see how far we can go with these bombastic players.

We did it against Ken and scored almost against Sri Lanka.It was made possible by Misbah's change of gear and Umar quick knock.If Fawad was batting at those no.s ,our scorecard would have been around 230s,250s .

You should support your favorite Akmals on the other threads rather than assuming if's and buts here for Fawad.

Not worthy of a central contract? Shame.

I love it when people root for him because here he is the underdog and the way he is being treated is just plain sad. His never say die spirit though is commendable. If any player is living up to the sobriquet of 'Cornered Tigers' it is him. Just doesn't give up this fella.

That being said, while it is amazing at the way he churns out those numbers in the domestic arena, he just doesn't look the match winner in ODIs. Would like to take him in the team none the less preferably at number 4 for playing an anchor role, turning twos to threes with the occasional boundary and just hit out or get out at the very end.

Not worthy of a central contract? Shame.

I love it when people root for him because here he is the underdog and the way he is being treated is just plain sad. His never say die spirit though is commendable. If any player is living up to the sobriquet of 'Cornered Tigers' it is him. Just doesn't give up this fella.

That being said, while it is amazing at the way he churns out those numbers in the domestic arena, he just doesn't look the match winner in ODIs. Would like to take him in the team none the less preferably at number 4 for playing an anchor role, turning twos to threes with the occasional boundary and just hit out or get out at the very end.

:14: Its weird how he kept getting dropped after he gave one bad performance, but did reasonable in the previous match. Stuff like that can really weaken your confidence.

On the other hand, Umar akmal kept getting opportunities even though he had a rubbish tour of England, but his fanboys never raised questions over his selection

I guess being an 'Akmal' does have his benefits :yk

Let's compare his style of play to a well known Pakistani batsman.

Fawad Alam is not a big hitter of the ball - he likes to play the ball through the gaps by playing proper cricket shots - Alam tends to enjoy rotating the strike constantly by taking 1s,2s and even 3s, he's quick between the wickets and has a mindset of 'forming a partnership' rather then concentrating on his individual score.

Now that style of play is quite similiar to Moyo alhough the sentences underlined might be different and the fact that Moyo is on a higher level then Fawad Alam but the 'style of play' is quite similiar there, in my opinion ofcourse.

I firmly believe if Fawad Alam is given a chance like Azhar Ali has been given and only allow him to focus on one format of the game then I seriously believe we could see the full potential from him. A run of games in the longer format of the game at a certain position can get the best out of him as I seriously believe that his style of play is ideal for the longer format of the game although the physical side of him can be developed/grown once he get's older but that's my wish and I firmly believe he will deliver if given the chance.

He has to be there in the test team. No reason why not. In ODIs though, from the very few matches that I watched, I had say Asad Shafiq > Fawad Alam.

Also 330+ is the new 300. The way we obsess about pace of fast bowlers, taking the strike rate of batsmen in ODIs will be crucial. Fadi needs to learn to score briskly. A strike rate of preferably the late 80s will be great.

Whats with this 'style of play' complaint? Thats hardly any criticism by his detractors. Its not a beauty contest, its all about the numbers, that leads to victories.

Would West Indies drop Chanderpaul for his ugly looking technique? And before someone asks, Fawad only averages 3 less than Chanders.

Hammad Azam- 4 wickets thus far, and he made 70 runs in the first innings :|
Sarfraz Ahmed- 53 runs n.o :|
Their time is coming. Lets see how Kami and co. will survive the power of the people if they come home without the world cup.

Their time is coming. Lets see how Kami and co. will survive the power of the people if they come home without the world cup.

True. I cant remember the last time Pakistan media and public have had such high expectations of the team

In the future, I hope Hammad Azam can play a important role for us in all 3 formats. A bit like how Angelo Mathews is for SL, but even better :yk

i agree to this point, they need to use their brain.. like afridi never think there are 15 overs left and i am the last batsman.. he will never think to play that 15 overs with tail.. that is really sad part of pakistan cricket.. only one player think these things and he is misbah!

in last two match our tail could have played 15 more overs and if we didn't have wasted those 15 overs then we could have 50 runs in net runrate which could make very impossible for ZM ever after beating with big margin..

these are small things none of our player or management think.

here is the small two exmples in the last two matches.

match against canada.. ajmal were facing when two balls were remaing for that over and he swung the bat and luckily survived and next ball he did the same thing and gor bowled out.. when there were seven overs left and alot better hitter was on non striker end. If i were ajmal with 0.3% brain i could my try best to give all those overs to over gull and wouldn't swing the bat unless its lass over...

same thing did by shoaib in the next match.. 8 overs left and umer gull was doing very batting.. ball was coming on his bat.. then why shoaib try to hit six when non striker end is a lot better batsman..

coach and captain should have clearly tell these tailenders what is ur job.. everybody shouldn't just blindy swing the bat!.

problem with pakistan player they don't think these small things... bowlers think they are just bolwer.. they can swing the bat wildly don't care what the situation.. just bcoz captain said play positive...
i don't know what they take meaing of play positive.. for me play positive mean play according to situation.
and then there was no need to throw wildly like shoaib did in the last match.. give the free four runs.. if were captain i would have not laughed and see the shoaib face i would have gone to him and asked very clearly could me give single reason why u gave these four free runs... i could have moved one inch unless i would get reason from shoaib for these free runs!

they do these small things almost in every match.. its long time i have not seen they had played single perfect match.. where they didn't drop the catches or give the so many free runs

great post,I agree if you bowl well that does not mean when your team needs you in batting,you just throw your wicket away because you are not a batsman.That is a lame excuse.You should at least try to play according to the situation.That is one thing English tailenders impressed me.If you have overs but don't have enough wickets then slogging wont help,the longer you stay at the wicket ,more you hurt the opposition and frustrate them.

Alam century gives Sind edge

ESPNcricinfo staff

March 10, 2011
Text size: A | A
Fawad Alam made 68 on the final day against Kent, Kent v Pakistanis, Tour match, Canterbury, June 30, 2010
Fawad Alam's 174 helped Sind finish the second day 321 runs ahead of Federal Areas © PA Photos
Enlarge
Related Links
Players/Officials: Fawad Alam | Mohammad Sami
Matches: Federal Areas v Sind at Lahore | Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province v Punjab (Pakistan) at Lahore
Series/Tournaments: Faysal Bank Pentangular Cup | Pakistan Domestic Season
Teams: Pakistan

Fawad Alam scored 174 not out off 176 balls to give Sind the advantage against Federal Areas at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore, helping them finish the second day 321 runs ahead with two wickets in hand. Alam's knock led Sind to a score of 359 for 8 after Federal Areas had managed a 38-run first-innings lead. Sind, who had been bowled out for 202 on the first day, were in trouble early in their innings, finding themselves 16 for 2.

When Alam came in, the score was 74 for 3. He hit 12 boundaries and two sixes in his unbeaten innings, and was given company by his captain Khalid Latif, who scored 94 off 103 balls. Sind kept up the first day's trend of scoring quickly, maintaining a run-rate of 4.78 runs an over. After Latif was out, there was not much support for Alam until No. 10 Anwar Ali came in and added 138 runs with him. Anwar finished the day unbeaten on 39.

Federal Areas had started the day at 216 for 7 with Hammad Azam batting on 60. Azam could only add another 10 to his score, and Federal Areas folded for 240, with Mohammad Sami taking two more wicket on Thursday to finish with 6 for 67 in the innings.

"Fawad Alam Omitted Due to Poor Form" : Mohsin Khan

You must be really happy Mohsin Bhai..... the player (Kamran Akmal) you selected because of his glittering form, is performing to his true form.

Thank you for taking Pakistan cricket to new heights!

Back