Federal Govt imposes ban on TLP under the anti-terrorism law [Post#63]

So what do you want to happen. How about you stop beating about the bush and give us your take. We have lots on this forum who are eager to criticise but when they are asked to provide their thoughts they disappear. Cmon put your money where your mouth is and give us a step by step breakdown of how you would deal with the TLP.

Lol there is no step by step breakdown. There is only way to deal with the situation like this and that is brute force. All you have to do is tell the police and law enforcement to use force and beat up anyone that dares to stand up against the state. Mind you, that is how it is done in every part of the world and that is the only way to show extremists that you cannot challenge the writ of the state. If the situation is too much for the police to handle than you deploy Rangers and launch kinetic operations. It's not like it hasn't been done before.

Just because Imran Khan doesn't have the political will to go through with something like this doesn't mean it can't be done. In 1953 extremists caused anti-Ahmedi riots in Lahore. All it took to quell those protests was brute force and they didn't stand up again for decades.

Its not for his seat, its that he doesn't believe that is an effective policy. And should only be used as a last resort. Maybe he is wrong but he is doing what he said before the election. He criticized Musharraf, and PPP for their operations against these thugs.

He even called liberals the **** of Pakistan, and he liberals were "khooni", said they were fascist during the PPP era, because they supported military operations against terrorist.

I think it is. Obviously they have no policy, there isn't any doubt about that. But I think he is also scared of how his supporters would react to police beating up protesters. Nevermind the fact that policemen were martyred and that these people are extremists who will only get stronger the more you appease them. A real leader would come on TV to denounce these extremists instead of carrying out negotiations with them.

Its patently obvious that he is scared of them. And that's a real shame because he has all the resources of the state at his disposal and could take enduring action against them if he wanted to.

Last edited:
Its not for his seat, its that he doesn't believe that is an effective policy. And should only be used as a last resort. Maybe he is wrong but he is doing what he said before the election. He criticized Musharraf, and PPP for their operations against these thugs.

He even called liberals the **** of Pakistan, and he liberals were "khooni", said they were fascist during the PPP era, because they supported military operations against terrorist.

Disregard previous reply. I misread what you said.

This is the last resort. Are we going to forget that policemen were martyred and that these people are extremists who will only get stronger the more you appease them? A real leader would come on TV to denounce these extremists instead of carrying out negotiations with them.

Its patently obvious that he is scared of them. And that's a real shame because he has all the resources of the state at his disposal and could take enduring action against them if he wanted to.

I would say Imran is close to the right wing. He called Osama a martyr, linked rape with choice of clothing, failed and continues to turn a blind eye to the sufferings of minorities, boasted how Pakistan was the only Muslim country in the world which kept its mosques open, uses religion to stall any criticism of his performance, founded a university after the Sufi saint Abdul Qadir Jillani, spends a lot of time building up his image of a pious leader by posting pictures of himself praying & rolling prayer beads, and under his watch, KP universities enact dress code on female students. There are several other examples.

Imran Khan is a bit confused person. He has become very superstitious and he is seen regularly prostrating at shrines and wearing all sorts of beads and admiring Abdul Qadir Jilani - who many Barelvis believe had supernatural powers such as walking on water and bringing people back to life. All this is forbidden in Islam.

Well I mean when it comes to cultivating a pious public image, pretty much every Pakistan leader since Bhutto has made a point of doing it. So you can hardly blame him for that. Pakistan is a conservative right-wing country and that is the image you want to showcase to the people. And he might actually be religious so its unfair to criticize him for using prayer beads in public or really any public displays of religiosity.

But what does concern me is how superstitious he is. He doesn't attend any funerals and all the other rumors you hear about attending shrines and stuff. That is concerning.

Well I mean when it comes to cultivating a pious public image, pretty much every Pakistan leader since Bhutto has made a point of doing it. So you can hardly blame him for that. Pakistan is a conservative right-wing country and that is the image you want to showcase to the people. And he might actually be religious so its unfair to criticize him for using prayer beads in public or really any public displays of religiosity.

But what does concern me is how superstitious he is. He doesn't attend any funerals and all the other rumors you hear about attending shrines and stuff. That is concerning.

Yes. Our leaders have a knack of portraying themselves as pious but Imran has brought it too far! It is all about image-building from him nowadays. He seems and sounds very preachy.

He is the PM of the country; we expect him to solve our livelihood issues rather than spending so much time on morally-policing and lecturing others.

I agree with you regarding Pakistan being a right-wing country. I have been saying this for a decade. In Pakistan, the majority is right wing unlike others countries where the right wing is the minority. I only see Pakistan diving even deeper into the depths of extremism and intolerance. There are videos doing the rounds on social media where kids as young as 5 are seen chanting, ‘Gustakh ki aik saza, sar tan sar juda, sar tun say juda.’ This violent slogan was popularised by Khadim Rizvi.

Yes. Our leaders have a knack of portraying themselves as pious but Imran has brought it too far! It is all about image-building from him nowadays. He seems and sounds very preachy.

He is the PM of the country; we expect him to solve our livelihood issues rather than spending so much time on morally-policing and lecturing others.

I agree with you regarding Pakistan being a right-wing country. I have been saying this for a decade. In Pakistan, the majority is right wing unlike others countries where the right wing is the minority. I only see Pakistan diving even deeper into the depths of extremism and intolerance. There are videos doing the rounds on social media where kids as young as 5 are seen chanting, ‘Gustakh ki aik saza, sar tan sar juda, sar tun say juda.’ This violent slogan was popularised by Khadim Rizvi.

I'm in total agreement over the moral policing part. His views on certain matters are highly questionable and in other cases downright condemnable.

Man I tell you, I fear for this country. The manner in which extremism has been mainstreamed just scares me. People in Pakistan were always conservative and right wing but they never voted in a religious party, and alot of the extremism previously emanated from the involvement in Afghanistan and the war on terror.

But this entire TLP thing is a completely new happening. Allowing a group like this to grow has allowed extremism to be mainstreamed and society to be further radicalized. Something like this won't go away overnight. And if the ruling elite (not just PTI) care even the slightest bit about the future of this country than they have to come up with a solution to deal with these extremists before its too late.

Lol there is no step by step breakdown. There is only way to deal with the situation like this and that is brute force. All you have to do is tell the police and law enforcement to use force and beat up anyone that dares to stand up against the state. Mind you, that is how it is done in every part of the world and that is the only way to show extremists that you cannot challenge the writ of the state. If the situation is too much for the police to handle than you deploy Rangers and launch kinetic operations. It's not like it hasn't been done before.

Just because Imran Khan doesn't have the political will to go through with something like this doesn't mean it can't be done. In 1953 extremists caused anti-Ahmedi riots in Lahore. All it took to quell those protests was brute force and they didn't stand up again for decades.

Well im glad IK is the PM and not you. Somebody who thinks brutalising their own population is the way to go certainly doesnt understand the complex game of state craft.

Well im glad IK is the PM and not you. Somebody who thinks brutalising their own population is the way to go certainly doesnt understand the complex game of state craft.

Tell me that a few years from now when TLP is fielding their candidates in elections, getting them elected to the parliament and maybe one day even forming a government. Because that is where this is going based on the way in which PTI keeps appeasing them. The way their numbers are growing they could very easily become a major political party in a few years.

Also, you think they don't deserve to be brutalized for murdering policemen, destroying public property, setting fires, blocking roads and openly challenging the writ of the state? Once you let extremists to cause anarchy and get away with it, than where does it exactly end?

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2296318/agreement-between-govt-tlp-fully-implemented-fawad-chaudhry

Federal minister for Information and Broadcasting Fawad Chaudhry on Friday said that an agreement between the government and the recently proscribed Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) has been fully implemented.

In a tweet, the information minister added people who were arrested during the protest under Maintenance of Public Order (MPO) have also been released.

On April 20, it was reported that the TLP called off its violent protests after the federal government tabled a resolution in the parliament to debate the French ambassador's expulsion.

However, the government decided against lifting the ban on TLP it had imposed for the group staging violence across the country for almost a week. Nor would the government withdraw the cases registered against the banned outfit's activists for murdering policemen.

Minister Fawad added that if Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) or Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) wanted to present their own resolution in the Parliament, then it was their right but, the government has 'nothing to do with it'.

However, those booked for murder would have to approach the courts.

Tell me that a few years from now when TLP is fielding their candidates in elections, getting them elected to the parliament and maybe one day even forming a government. Because that is where this is going based on the way in which PTI keeps appeasing them. The way their numbers are growing they could very easily become a major political party in a few years.

Also, you think they don't deserve to be brutalized for murdering policemen, destroying public property, setting fires, blocking roads and openly challenging the writ of the state? Once you let extremists to cause anarchy and get away with it, than where does it exactly end?

Lol they used to say that about the jamiat and the others. Pakistanis dont vote for right wing religious parties. You dont know the depth of anger against the TLP because they stopped people making a living. Also the boyz know how to deal with street moulvis better than most. I wouldnt be concerned. My biggest concern is a stooge lIke Billo getting in or the PMLN winning back voters. Then when they elave the country bankrupt for a second time the TLP might win!!

Saad Rizvi has not been released and the TLP is very quiet. Some sort of underhand deal? Has the top TLP leadership been paid off? It seems pretty suspicious.

How about thinking it this way

Just how patient TLP was for past 4 months hoping the government will fulfil its agreement, and now that they have have floored it in parliament, TLP is once again giving government time.

There was a funeral 2 nights ago of one of the injured, Did you catch up on the insane turnout!?

Hafiz Saad Rizvi will be freed through court. Not through a deal

You are the same people alleged Khadim Hussain Rizvi was paid off. Couldn’t prove a penny against though.

And anyhow you wont hear much about TLP unless they are being portrayed for wrong reasons.

How about thinking it this way

Just how patient TLP was for past 4 months hoping the government will fulfil its agreement, and now that they have have floored it in parliament, TLP is once again giving government time.

There was a funeral 2 nights ago of one of the injured, Did you catch up on the insane turnout!?

Hafiz Saad Rizvi will be freed through court. Not through a deal

You are the same people alleged Khadim Hussain Rizvi was paid off. Couldn’t prove a penny against though.

And anyhow you wont hear much about TLP unless they are being portrayed for wrong reasons.

The poster above you have a certain agenda, go through his posts and you will see. You don't see so many people on web with such a negative mindset about his own country.

Lol they used to say that about the jamiat and the others. Pakistanis dont vote for right wing religious parties. You dont know the depth of anger against the TLP because they stopped people making a living. Also the boyz know how to deal with street moulvis better than most. I wouldnt be concerned. My biggest concern is a stooge lIke Billo getting in or the PMLN winning back voters. Then when they elave the country bankrupt for a second time the TLP might win!!

Jamiat, JI never had this much mass support. They have never been able to mobilize this many people to the streets across the country.

TLP was already the third largest party in Punjab in the last elections. You think they won't build on those numbers in the next election?

Its foolish to think they won't be able to get elected in the parliament and one day even form a government. That is if things stay the same and they are not suppressed.

TLP files plea with interior ministry for reviewing ban

Ministry to meet tomorrow to deliberate on ban imposed earlier this month.

The proscribed Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) filed a review petition on Thursday with the secretary of interior against the ban imposed on it for countrywide rioting earlier this month, it has emerged.

The government has reportedly called a meeting tomorrow to deliberate on the matter.

Nearly a week ago, on April 21, Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid said that the organistion had 30 days to challenge the ban.

“The writ of the state is intact and it is not under anyone's pressure,” Rashid told a news conference, a day after the TLP called off its nationwide protest following a deal with the government negotiated by a group of religious scholars and spiritual leaders.

He said the agreement reached between the government and the TLP states that the state would decide matters relating to bilateral ties and not a group or an individual.

On April 14, the government decided to ban the ultra right-wing party under the country's anti-terrorism law.

The protests were triggered by the arrest of TLP chief Saad Rizvi on April 12. The arrest was made in an attempt to preempt a protest sit-in by the group in the federal capital.

The TLP had been demanding the expulsion of the French ambassador over the publication of blasphemous caricatures. In November last year, the party staged a sit-in in Rawalpindi, which ended after an agreement with the government.

The party announced on November 17 that the government had accepted all its four demands. The TLP had released a copy of the handwritten agreement, carrying signatures of Qadri, then interior minister Ijaz Shah and the deputy commissioner, Islamabad.

The agreement said that the government would take a decision from the parliament regarding the expulsion of the French ambassador within three months, will not appoint its ambassador to France and release all the arrested workers of the TLP.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2297407/tlp-files-plea-with-interior-ministry-for-reviewing-ban

TLP files plea with interior ministry for reviewing ban

Ministry to meet tomorrow to deliberate on ban imposed earlier this month.

The proscribed Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) filed a review petition on Thursday with the secretary of interior against the ban imposed on it for countrywide rioting earlier this month, it has emerged.

The government has reportedly called a meeting tomorrow to deliberate on the matter.

Nearly a week ago, on April 21, Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid said that the organistion had 30 days to challenge the ban.

“The writ of the state is intact and it is not under anyone's pressure,” Rashid told a news conference, a day after the TLP called off its nationwide protest following a deal with the government negotiated by a group of religious scholars and spiritual leaders.

He said the agreement reached between the government and the TLP states that the state would decide matters relating to bilateral ties and not a group or an individual.

On April 14, the government decided to ban the ultra right-wing party under the country's anti-terrorism law.

The protests were triggered by the arrest of TLP chief Saad Rizvi on April 12. The arrest was made in an attempt to preempt a protest sit-in by the group in the federal capital.

The TLP had been demanding the expulsion of the French ambassador over the publication of blasphemous caricatures. In November last year, the party staged a sit-in in Rawalpindi, which ended after an agreement with the government.

The party announced on November 17 that the government had accepted all its four demands. The TLP had released a copy of the handwritten agreement, carrying signatures of Qadri, then interior minister Ijaz Shah and the deputy commissioner, Islamabad.

The agreement said that the government would take a decision from the parliament regarding the expulsion of the French ambassador within three months, will not appoint its ambassador to France and release all the arrested workers of the TLP.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2297407/tlp-files-plea-with-interior-ministry-for-reviewing-ban

I can see the government unbanning the TLP. In any other country, TLP’s leadership would be sent to the gallows and its followers sentenced to life. Despite being banned, they are contesting today’s election in Karachi.

I can see the government unbanning the TLP. In any other country, TLP’s leadership would be sent to the gallows and its followers sentenced to life. Despite being banned, they are contesting today’s election in Karachi.

How is it possible to contest in election while being banned, than what's is the ban for?

How is it possible to contest in election while being banned, than what's is the ban for?

This is Pakistan. There is ZERO law and order! The government lacks the spine to enforce its writ. They have turned a blind eye to avoid backlash/protests.

Imran should have banned TLP and stayed with the decision. Reversing it and releasing all their leaders shows that he is powerless in front of them.

Govt decides to form 3-member committee to review TLP ban: sources

ISLAMABAD: The Interior Ministry has decided to form a three-member committee to review the ban placed on the Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP), sources told Geo News on Friday.

A high-level meeting was held by the Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed to review the TLP ban. During the meeting, the appeal filed by the banned outfit was also discussed.

Rasheed decided to form a three-member committee which would comprise two joint secretaries as well, to review the ban.

Govt decides to ban TLP under anti-terror law
Earlier this month, the government decided to impose a ban on the the banned organisation under the anti-terrorism law.

The interior minister had said the decision was taken at the Punjab government's request.

"We are forwarding a summary to the federal cabinet to impose a ban on the TLP," Rasheed had said in Islamabad, as protests were held across various cities of the country.

Protests by the proscribed organisation caused problems for the masses earlier this month in many cities of the country and have claimed the lives of three people, including two policemen. Nearly 800 policemen were injured in clashes with the protesters.

The four demands of the outlawed outfit included the release of their leader Saad Rivi, for TLP to be unbanned, all FIRs against their workers be dropped and a resolution be presented in the Parliament to expel the French ambassador

Rasheed had clarified the government's position, stating that it wanted to table a resolution in the National Assembly and wanted to form a consensus on it but the banned outfit insisted on marching to the Faizabad Interchange.

"Our efforts to convince them failed. As far as the matter of Khatam-e-Nabwat is concerned, I am ready to give my life," the minister had said.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/348022-govt-decides-to-form-3-member-committee-to-review-decision-to-ban-tlp-sources

In no other country protesters with sticks be shot dead.

How can you even believe TLP are terrorists organisation. Thats some ****** logic. A very anti 🇵🇰 logic.

Terrorists with sticks in hand.

Terrorists being competitive amongst the seasoned parties when it comes to elections.

Alhamdulillah for TLP existence. Long may it survive to keep everyone in check.

Your justice system, governance, and everyone else has failed this country. Dont blame mullahs. As they had zero say until now.

In no other country protesters with sticks be shot dead.

How can you even believe TLP are terrorists organisation. Thats some ****** logic. A very anti 🇵🇰 logic.

Terrorists with sticks in hand.

Terrorists being competitive amongst the seasoned parties when it comes to elections.

Alhamdulillah for TLP existence. Long may it survive to keep everyone in check.

Your justice system, governance, and everyone else has failed this country. Dont blame mullahs. As they had zero say until now.

TLP goons attacked policemen and civilians alike; what do you expect in return? No doubt TLP is a terror outfit that incites hatred against minorities and its leaders use religion to control and manipulate illiterate people.

Apart from being an extremist party, TLP has no ideology and it thrives on hate. Khadim who accused others of blasphemy was a big blasphemer ,believed Abdul Qadir had supernatural powers and promoted shirk. A man with a low intellect!

Khadim’s solution to Pakistan’s debt was threatening debtors with ghauris. Not to mention, despite having a huge following, Khadim failed to do any social welfare work and he cursed Edhi Sahab all his life for taking care of and bringing up Hindu and Christian orphans.

My justice system? It is Pakistan’s justice system and you and I are Pakistanis.

TLP goons attacked policemen and civilians alike; what do you expect in return? No doubt TLP is a terror outfit that incites hatred against minorities and its leaders use religion to control and manipulate illiterate people.

Apart from being an extremist party, TLP has no ideology and it thrives on hate. Khadim who accused others of blasphemy was a big blasphemer ,believed Abdul Qadir had supernatural powers and promoted shirk. A man with a low intellect!

Khadim’s solution to Pakistan’s debt was threatening debtors with ghauris. Not to mention, despite having a huge following, Khadim failed to do any social welfare work and he cursed Edhi Sahab all his life for taking care of and bringing up Hindu and Christian orphans.

My justice system? It is Pakistan’s justice system and you and I are Pakistanis.

Don’t be silly.

So you really have problem with his beliefs. The Ya RasoolAllah slogan near you must be Shirk.

I totally disagree with some of his views.
But nothing can ever be proven for his views to be of a terrorists or all his followers to be as such.

Though he was in the first row whenever something mischievous occurred for the Honour of the Prophet PBUH, It was government who always messed up on the most sensitive issue and given people like Rizvi a chance to shine.

And the latest fiasco, was the biggest blunder. The country doesn’t go standstills without a reason. I’m sure authorities have realised you cannot corner TLP with force, about time you realise too.

Days after being declared a banned outfit, the Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) on Sunday denied the charges levelled against it and accused the PTI-led government of “deceit” while dealing with it throughout the negotiations between the two sides.

The allegations have emerged on the heels of a resolution passed by the European Parliament seeking a review of the GSP Plus status granted to Pakistan.

The resolution expressed concerns over the increasing blasphemy accusations in Pakistan, the countrywide violent protests last month and the tabling of a TLP-dictated resolution by an MNA of the ruling PTI in the National Assembly that sought a debate on the expulsion of French ambassador over the publication of blasphemous caricatures in his country.

“The government while dealing with the party [TLP] throughout acted with deceit, deception and chicanery,” Iftikhar Ahmed Malik and Ihsan Ali Arif, the lawyers representing the hardline group, stated in a review application.

The plea was filed with the interior secretary against the ban imposed on the TLP by the federal cabinet under the Anti-Terrorism Act, 1997 for countrywide rioting.

Apparently taking advantage of the frequent practice of quashing cases against TLP leaders leading to zero convictions since the group's 2017 protests, the lawyers argued that the grounds mentioned in the notification for listing their client among banned outfits were “quite vague and unfounded beyond the ground realities and against the norms of natural justice”.

“There is no denying the fact that neither TLP nor anyone of its office-bearer has ever been involved in any terrorism activity, as evident from the June 2019 report of the interior ministry to the Election Commission of Pakistan,” the application read. “It is enough to make the notification not sustainable in the eyes of law,” it added.

“Any party leader or worker of the party has never been convicted for causing grievous bodily harm, hurt or death to the personnel of law enforcement agencies in the past nor ever attacked on civilians and officials in any manner whatsoever.”

The lawyers contended that the TLP was the fourth largest party of the country and the third largest in Punjab duly registered with the Election Commission of Pakistan since May 2017.

“The party has a right to assemble peacefully on the issues of Namoos-e-Risalat, its charter, Islam, Ummah and ideology of Pakistan,” the review plea read.

Contrary to what the nation has witnessed so far, the lawyers maintained that the TLP was a “peaceful, lawful and law-abiding political body which believes in political ethics and legal activities to achieve its goal and never involved in creating anarchy in the country through any kind of intimidation”.

They added that the TLP was “loyal to the country and its ideology”.

The TLP lawyers have also taken religious cover in its defence, saying the group represented the majority population of the country called “Ahle Sunnat Berelvi” which, historically, has never been involved in creating any hurdles, threatening, abusing, vandalising and ransacking any private or public property, nor ever blocked ambulances and health supplies.

Therefore, they added, the question of creating sense of fear and insecurity in the society did not arise.

“In fact, the public at large supports the ideology of the party.”

Calling the government notification a result of miscarriage of justice based on surmise and conjectures, the lawyers maintained that the material that the government relied upon was “vague and void having no legal sanctity”.

“In fact, the government treated the party in an undemocratic and inhuman way,” they wrote in the application.

In addition, the lawyers have provided the interior ministry with a 64 GB USB containing the “true material in which the officials of law enforcement agencies [can be seen] assaulting and killing innocent people illegally and unlawfully”.

They said the government had committed material irregularities, failed to perceive the true perspectives of law and facts and issued the notification without the applicability of the judicial mind.

Technically, the lawyers stated, there was no cavil to the proposition that falling in the category envisaged in the Section 11A (Organisations concerned in terrorism) of the ATA was a “condition precedent for invoking the provisions of Section 11B (Proscription of organisations)”.

The provisions of Section 11B of ATA could only be invoked if the provisions of Section 11A were in existence, they contended.

“In the absence of the terms of Section 11A, the party could not be declared to be involved in activities prejudicial to ideology, interest, security, unity, solidarity, peace and integrity of Pakistan.”

The TLP has prayed that the notification of April 15 be reviewed and withdrawn immediately being “malevolent and susceptible to cause prejudice to the rights and liberty guaranteed by the Constitution to save the law and fair play”.

“Pakistan is going through a very critical and sensitive situation. It is our duty to save and secure Pakistan for the bright future of the Ummah,” it read.

Punjab Police constable who was injured in TLP clashes has succumbed to injuries in hospital. He is survived by 3 children aged between three to ten.

ISLAMABAD: The Federal Cabinet decided to keep the ban on the proscribed organisation Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) intact, Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Fawad Chaudhry said Tuesday.

Prime Minister Imran Khan and the Federal Cabinet, back in April, had approved a summary from the interior ministry seeking a ban on the TLP under the anti-terrorism law.

The federal government had decided to ban the TLP after days of violence across the country in which three people lost their lives, including two policemen.

Fawad, addressing a post-cabinet meeting press conference, said a report was presented before the cabinet by a committee that had been tasked to review the decision.

The committee, in the report, informed that the decision to ban TLP was based on merit, as this proscribed organisation has been blamed for martyring police personnel, torturing them, and burning down places, he said.

Following the report, the cabinet decided to keep the ban intact, the minister said, adding that the Ministry of Law and Justice was working to get TLP's election symbol cancelled.

15% special allowance for armed forces
The cabinet has approved granting a 15% special allowance to the armed forces to bring their salaries at par with other departments, however, he said it was not applicable on Frontier Corps and Rangers for now.

Prime Minister Imran Khan has instructed to extend this facility to Rangers and FC as they were not included initially, the information minister said.

On the occasion of Eid-ul-Adha, Saudi Arabia's government has decided to release 85 Pakistani prisoners and a special plan will fly from Pakistan to repatriate them, Fawad said.

"We are trying to bring back several of our imprisoned people — not involved in serious crimes — and the government is making strenuous efforts in this regard," he said.

The information minister, on the electoral reforms, said: "We aim to make the elections transparent, and through the electronic voting machines, we will be able to achieve our goal."

A detailed briefing was given to the cabinet on EVMS and I-voting, he said, adding that the machines were vital to ensure transparency in the next general election.

The information minister said the Opposition and the government had agreed on several points with regards to the electoral reforms, while efforts were being made to sort out the remaining reservations.

COVID-19 situation in Pakistan
Shedding light on the COVID-19 situation in the country, the minister said 20 million people have been vaccinated so far — and over half a million people were vaccinated yesterday.

The minister said those (over half a million) were the most inoculations that the country had recorded since the beginning of the vaccination drive earlier this year.

Urging the people to observe SOPs to prevent the spread of the pandemic and to get them vaccinated, Fawad said cases in Karachi and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa increased in the last few days, while the situation in Punjab was under control.

Prime Minister has expressed concerns on the depleting green areas in Islamabad due to the unplanned expansion of residential societies and has directed several institutions, including Pakistan Navy and Pakistan Air Force, to remove fences from their properties to protect green areas, he said.

Fawad said PM Imran Khan also instructed the Chairman of Capital Development Authority to make the federal capital an encroachment-free area.

He said the Ministry of States and Frontier Regions presented a report on Afghan Refugees in Pakistan, adding the international community should extend maximum cooperation to bring peace in Afghanistan and resolve the issue of Afghan refugees.

Fawad said Asset Management Company is being established to manage the properties of the federal government.

PPP's alliance with TLP in NA 133 by-election

The PPP struck an alliance with the TLP and even put TLP's slogans and chants on its banners. PPP acts very progressive and liberal but it is nothing but a power-hungry political party dominated by criminals and feudals. Bilawal gives speeches on tolerance and harmony but on the ground, they strike alliances with terror outfits. Shameful!

Also, PPP's vote baks went up from 5000 to 32000 due to this alliance. The TLP did not contest the elections. Our politicians only care about their interests. They do not care about the people at all! We will never be able to get rid of extremism!

IMG_4936.JPG

Back