Gray-Nicolls 2012 Profiles

gonebatting

Debutant
Runs
T thought some of you would be interested in this picture.
From left - legend, Powerbow, Oblivion and GN100 Scoop

gray-nicolls-edges.jpg

Brilliant mate, appreciated!

Oblivion profile is completely changed :(

I don't know if its me but isn't Oblivion and Powerbow more or less same?

Scoop looks delicious :{

What weight are they Micheal?

Good stuff!! I am actually disappointed that they changed the Oblivion profile to be honest :(

I don't know if its me but isn't Oblivion and Powerbow more or less same?

Your right Uzair bro, Oblivion and powerbow are very similar but powerbow has slightly steeper spine & more concaving.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure that they are all an oz either side of 2.9. If I get time tomorrow I will hopefully be posting some pics of these on our website and will post a few here also.

Good stuff!! I am actually disappointed that they changed the Oblivion profile to be honest :(

Same here, but what makes me happy is that we got the old shape :D

Your right Uzair bro, Oblivion and powerbow are very similar but powerbow has slightly steeper spine & more concaving.

Ah okay, JazaakAllah Khair bro I appreciate it.

I'm fairly sure that they are all an oz either side of 2.9. If I get time tomorrow I will hopefully be posting some pics of these on our website and will post a few here also.

Cheers mate, I appreciate.

Any chance you could show us Puma 2012 range?

I only have the Calibre from the new Puma range so far. This is a 6000 weighing 2.7 with 31mm edges.
P1201-large.jpg

puma-calibre.jpg

nice stick, looks like a pretty decent size for the weight and wow those stickers look good

OK here are a few better pics of the new GN bats

Legend 2lb 8.5oz - 37mm edge
GN1201-large.jpg

GN100 2lb 9oz - 43mm edge
GN1204-large.jpg

GN Oblivion LE 2lb 8oz - 36mm edge
GN1210-large.jpg

GN Powerbow 5 Star 2lb 10oz 36mm edge
GN1211-large.jpg

No offence but the grains on the Oblivion don't look LE standard.

I understand what you are saying I have also seen better looking LE grades but the looks are often not the best way to judge a bat. This one certainly mallets as well as any LE I have had and almost as good as the Legend. Perhaps a sound recording of the ping is the way forward :)

Cheers for the pictures Micheal, I appreciate it mate!

Puma looks outstanding and it is stunning indeed, I'm not impressed [;-)] with the pictures because I know the bats Micheal has are outstanding :)).

No offence but the grains on the Oblivion don't look LE standard.

Hmm :20:

I would kinda disagree with you, the grains on it are not very bad to be honest, I'd say it is much better than some LE/top of the line bats I have seen in real.

I only have the Calibre from the new Puma range so far. This is a 6000 weighing 2.7 with 31mm edges.
P1201-large.jpg

puma-calibre.jpg

Amazing bats these ones Michael. One of the finest batmaker at his best. Long long sweet spot. Do you think the Calibre profile has changed a bit?

I understand what you are saying I have also seen better looking LE grades but the looks are often not the best way to judge a bat. This one certainly mallets as well as any LE I have had and almost as good as the Legend. Perhaps a sound recording of the ping is the way forward :)

I definitely agree with you that looks aren't the best way to judge a bat. It was just that I always thought that companies were very strict on judging bats by looks and this one appears to have a few minor blemishes. However if you say that this one pings so nicely, then I'm not going to doubt you.

They look nice bats

How does Gray Nicolls GN100 Scoop pings from middle of the bat?

They ping great of the middle even though quite a lot of wood had been taken away with the scoop. I think once a blade gets to a certain thickness the fact that is is scooped doesn't make a difference.

I definitely agree with you that looks aren't the best way to judge a bat. It was just that I always thought that companies were very strict on judging bats by looks and this one appears to have a few minor blemishes. However if you say that this one pings so nicely, then I'm not going to doubt you.

I remember a few years ago when we received a bat from a top line maker which appeared to be the best bat we had ever seen and would have got members of the forum very excited. The maker had graded it well below what we expected and we thought that they had made a mistake. The mallet revealed that there had been no error.

Must admit I'm so tempted by that scoop, I just don't need any more bats!

Gonebatting,

How much would the scoop be posted to the uk? Cough Cough including forum discount ;-)

Gonebatting,

How much would the scoop be posted to the uk? Cough Cough including forum discount ;-)

I have just tried to PM you but it wont let me do it. We have them at £155 on our website which I think is a good price. Postage included to UK

d7bow, I don't know if you have ever dealt with Micheal/Mapperly but I have gotten quite a few bats from them and there bats are brilliant quality!

You liking Scoop now? ;-) :p Not fan of Legend anymore ? ;-) :p

No CD I haven't dealt with Michael/Mapperly. Im interested in a scoop as I find them quite fascinating. + the almost identical stickers to the legend make it appealing. Prices do vary on the scoop from around £138 to £160 online. Is it worth buying just to look at? I know what your answe will be ;-) I Will get a legend one day tho!!

No CD I haven't dealt with Michael/Mapperly. Im interested in a scoop as I find them quite fascinating. + the almost identical stickers to the legend make it appealing. Prices do vary on the scoop from around £138 to £160 online. Is it worth buying just to look at? I know what your answe will be ;-) I Will get a legend one day tho!!

Haha mate same here, have been liking Scoop recently and am quite quite tempted to try one out LOL.

I too like the stickers on Scoop :)).

Mate my answer to your question will be 'Yes' because thats how all of my bats came :)) (except two, Gray Nicolls Legend and Gray Nicolls Powerbow 3 Star)

I doubt that Legend would be able to compete with your Signatures in terms of performances :D :p

I reckon a used Legend in UK would cost as much as new one in North America.

Did you contact 100 not out? He had a Legend for sale a while back, not sure if its sold..

I reckon a used Legend in UK would cost as much as new one in North America.

Did you contact 100 not out? He had a Legend for sale a while back, not sure if its sold..

100no Is for sale on eBay. Ive just been reading a few old topics. How did you manage to get yours so cheap? I see they have 5 in stock in their website.

100no Is for sale on eBay. Ive just been reading a few old topics. How did you manage to get yours so cheap? I see they have 5 in stock in their website.

I don't know it was near what the shop keeper was asking (although I did bargain with him).

Shop keeper says he gets directly from India and keeps less profit compared to UK retailers and he was saying all Legends, even ones sold in UK are made in India.

If you want let me know I will buy and send you one.

I don't know it was near what the shop keeper was asking (although I did bargain with him).

Shop keeper says he gets directly from India and keeps less profit compared to UK retailers and he was saying all Legends, even ones sold in UK are made in India.

If you want let me know I will buy and send you one.

Hey CD, thanks for the offer bud, much appreciated. I've managed to sort out a deal with 100no but thanks anyway. Gonna have to get a net sorted out now to give these bats a try!!!

Hey CD, thanks for the offer bud, much appreciated. I've managed to sort out a deal with 100no but thanks anyway. Gonna have to get a net sorted out now to give these bats a try!!!

No worries bro, glad you have sorted out a deal with 100no.

I hope the bat serves you well!

I look forward seeing your review :D

Back