Hammer Vapen Core 2013/2014 [ADVICE AND HELP NEEDED]

I now know why this bat was on sale, looks like a performance grade and not G1 ! I for one would not sticker this up as a $400 bat. Heartwood is just a cosmetic issue, if there's more heartwood on a bat than it would be of a lower grade. Straightness and number of the grains affects the punch of the bat !
How does the bat Play ?

I now know why this bat was on sale, looks like a performance grade and not G1 ! I for one would not sticker this up as a $400 bat. Heartwood is just a cosmetic issue, if there's more heartwood on a bat than it would be of a lower grade. Straightness and number of the grains affects the punch of the bat !
How does the bat Play ?

I haven't took it up to the nets yet, from ping test i can see that the ball flies off, the bat is 2.8, same as my MB LE, but it feels like a 2.5 lbs bat and feels much more lighter than my MB LE. The heartwood is on the inside for me as i am a right handed batsmen, when the ball hits the heartwood the ball doesn't ping well though :$. The handle is superb and if my MB LE was fitted with Hammer's handle it would be the best bat ever. I still have to take it to the nets before I can judge Hammer Vapen Core.

Last edited:
well if you like it and it plays well than there is no problem with the grains issue !

One knot -big blemish on face, one on edge. Inconsistent grains in red wood. Surely not grade 1?

One knot -big blemish on face, one on edge. Inconsistent grains in red wood. Surely not grade 1?

I haven't taken it to the nets yet. So far it pings nicely, it feels very good in the hand, the pick up is really light and it does't look ugly though. I still think MB LE is far superior. If Hammer's handle and pick up were on MB LE, it would be the best bat PERIOD lol. I used to MB last season and there were alot praise and one batsmen used it and hit 48 of 12 or 13 balls lol.

After taking the bat to few net session, I'll do a comparison with with MB LE

If you feel it's good than that;s all it matters, don't take our views into accont

Back