Hannibal (TV Series)

leatherface58

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Does anybody watch this? It's really awesome. So artistic. Excellent acting from Mads Mikkelson(Le Chiffre!) as the Good Doctor who loves having people for dinner.

It's set before Red Dragon/Manhunter where Will Graham still gets into the minds of serial killers and is really troubled by it. So he is sent to a psychiatrist, Dr. Lecter. The interesting thing is that we know who/what Dr. Lecter is but the characters on the show don't.

One of the most promising and brilliant shows out there. Very violent but a classy show. Kind of spiritually similar to Dexter and not just in having a villainous protagonist.

Highly Recommended!

Anyone else noticed that the first episode, Aperitif, refers to the drink/snack time but also means ''opening''? It can only be a good show :p

Re: Hannibal(TV Series)

Actually every episode title is a type of dish on the French menu like entrée and aperitif.

Bonus points to the show for casting Gillian 'Scully' Anderson.

just finished watching the first six episodes.......loved it..

This show keeps getting better. Tobias(AKA Archangel Raphael from Supernatural) was too cool for just two episodes. Unfortunately, the ratings are not very high. I hope this show gets renewed. It's top class stuff.

The cello death alone should be worth a renewal.

Does anybody watch this? It's really awesome. So artistic. Excellent acting from Mads Mikkelson(Le Chiffre!) as the Good Doctor who loves having people for dinner.

My favorite bond villan, will watch now :jf

I was skipping through channels when I saw Le Chiffre! I stopped and started watching.

Pretty neat show. I'll probably start from the beginning to see if it's really worth it.

When Hannibal is cooking on this show, I seriously feel my mouth water. And then I remember what he puts in it....:O

When Hannibal is cooking on this show, I seriously feel my mouth water. And then I remember what he puts in it....:O

Thats the freakiest part isnt it?

He is a great chef, with a big reputation and apparently all the people want to be invited to his feats.. His dishes look so appealing and appetizing, full of class and he is feeding FBI officials and Will Graham possibly the same victims they are investigating the deaths of.

It really takes the concept of Hannibal the Cannibal to a different level.

friggin disgusting and yet very very intriguing.

Thats the freakiest part isnt it?

He is a great chef, with a big reputation and apparently all the people want to be invited to his feats.. His dishes look so appealing and appetizing, full of class and he is feeding FBI officials and Will Graham possibly the same victims they are investigating the deaths of.

It really takes the concept of Hannibal the Cannibal to a different level.

friggin disgusting and yet very very intriguing.

True. It's just an extension of his cocky attitude of literally getting away from "under the nose" of the Agents out to catch him. The man likes to show off and this is the ultimate show-off.

Meanwhile, I am waiting for arrival of Francis Dolarhyde(if he does appear) for dear Freddy's sake :D

I absolutely love this show along with #BatesMotel (Vera Farmiga giving super awesome performance).

The actor portraying Will Graham is simply brilliant (very intense though) so is the rest of the crew (including titular character). IMHO, this show's Screenplay, visualization and production standards are very high quality.

It is very good but I am somehow getting sick of the cliché hyper-charismatic serial killers. I always wanted more of Christian Bale's Mr.Bateman (with or without twist).

BTW, show developer Bryan Fuller has tweeted that if this show reaches season 5, season 5 story will be Silence of the Lambs.

We will be lucky if there is a season 2. American fans just want to watch reality TV :facepalm:

I think we are on season 1 here in South Africa on Sony Channel i dont know if its international or not.

Hannibal(TV Series)

Pretty good so far. Dark & gritty.

Mads Mikkleson is a very under-rated actor. He can potray both cold and warm characters. I watched The Hunt a few weeks back, in which he gives a powerful performance.

@leatherface58 - Yep. I really can't understand the American way of watching TV shows. Some really great shows never gets a chance to showcase their real worth due to abrupt cancellation after just 1 season alluding to various reasons.

Hannibal's 2nd season is still not confirmed. I am hoping that they will renew it.

@leatherface58 - Yep. I really can't understand the American way of watching TV shows. Some really great shows never gets a chance to showcase their real worth due to abrupt cancellation after just 1 season alluding to various reasons.

Hannibal's 2nd season is still not confirmed. I am hoping that they will renew it.

I hope some other channel(preferably cable who are not scared to show the gore) picks this up in case it got cancelled. Material is too rich for just one season.

Thoroughly enjoying this series.

The first 3 episodes have been great viewing in my opinion with some fantastic performances from the actors.

An okayish episode. The villain was a bit weak IMO. But I liked the whole arc related to Will Graham. The actor did a dandy job in this episode. But it was always going to be tough to follow Tobias.

Last edited:
I absolutely love this show along with #BatesMotel (Vera Farmiga giving super awesome performance).

The actor portraying Will Graham is simply brilliant (very intense though) so is the rest of the crew (including titular character). IMHO, this show's Screenplay, visualization and production standards are very high quality.

I really want to watch it when I have time. Hugh Dancy is a brilliant actor (and married to Claire Danes!). Sadly he's only done smaller movies in the past, though he was very good in them. He is an intense character, and doesn't have the sort of charisma that bigger actors seem to have.

And Mikkelson is brilliant always.

The problem with NBC shows is that NBC likes trying to kill it's own shows. Grimm is an excellent TV show they have, one of their best in terms of rating, but they're moving it around (in time schedules) as if the NBC lads want to kill the show on purpose.

The problem with NBC shows is that NBC likes trying to kill it's own shows. Grimm is an excellent TV show they have, one of their best in terms of rating, but they're moving it around (in time schedules) as if the NBC lads want to kill the show on purpose.

NBC is trying to compete with FOX. FOX is a beast in screwing their shows. Firefly anyone?

Unfortunately, ratings are pretty low :(. However, Netflix and a couple are interested in this show. So hopes are up.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/tv-...es-save-me-does-someone-have-to-go-debut-low/

NBC is trying to compete with FOX. FOX is a beast in screwing their shows. Firefly anyone?

Unfortunately, ratings are pretty low :(. However, Netflix and a couple are interested in this show. So hopes are up.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/tv-...es-save-me-does-someone-have-to-go-debut-low/

NBC doesn't like shows that do well (ie. Grimm), they want it to be the best in slot, and that wont happen for most. Unfortunately NBC kills it off and moves onto new shows if it happens.

But the reason it has low ratings is because it is too graphic, and too unsettling for many TV viewers in the US.

the latest episode was just fantastic! i love this show. it's getting better with every passing episode and i pray they have a few more seasons.

BTW good news folks. Hannibal RENEWED!!! :108: NBC >>>>>>>>> FOX

Superb episode. Killer of the week was more effective and connected to the story as well. Lecter keeps escalating in terms of evilness.

Epic episode. Poor Will is becoming even worse. Hannibal is coming across as a thorough jerk.

Although I hope they don't make a second season because it should be a mini-series, **** is getting real.

Crap show. The guy playing the lead role is annoying (agent whatshisname fella), Fishburne (dude, what happened?) hmm.., Lecter.. meh could be better.

Watched season 1 again. Beast of a show.

Can't wait for season 2, GOT season 4 and the resumption of TWD.

Good times ahead :akhtar

Watched a few episodes but then stopped. Is it worth continuing?

Watched a few episodes but then stopped. Is it worth continuing?

last year i watched house of cards, vikings and hannibal, and i liked them in that order. hannibal is mildly interesting but its not all that in terms of story, ill pbly check out some of the second series, if it dont pick up ill pbly not bother with it

House of cards is good

Hannibal is awesome, the Hannibal lector in this plays him superbly, dare I say it, better than Hopkins

House of cards is good

Hannibal is awesome, the Hannibal lector in this plays him superbly, dare I say it, better than Hopkins

Yes, he has that sophisticated and smooth aura that Hopkins didn't possess. He was fantastic in his own right, but Mads is just better.

Michael Pitt( from Funny Games and Boardwalk Empire) cast as Mason Verger! Brilliant casting I would say. Verger is easily the most disgusting character of a series which has villains like Francis Dolarhyde, Buffalo Bill and Lecter himself. Season 1 was good. Hopefully season 2 will be better.

I love Hannibal's little food jokes.

"Are you trying to poison me?"

"I wouldn't do that to food"

i thought season one was just mads being a great hannibal and an average story stiched around it...how does it compared to season 1?

It is picking up pace. Hannibal is slowly but surely falling in his own trap :usman

This is not a show for everybody. But if its your cup of tea, I am sure you would absolutely love it.

This is too cerebral and too "dry" for some people. and too "weird" for lack of a better word.

Season two has started well and turning out to be like how i expected it at the end of season 1. Hannibal on the out and Will in the slammer. Mads is brilliant. The rest of the cast is not too bad either.

Going downhill. The last 2 episodes have been pretty corny.

Thoughts on Mason Verger? Shrewd bit of casting Michael Pitt who likes these bad guy roles. The hairstyle though :p

The most messed up and funniest episode yet. The ending was totally disgusting. Mason is indeed so full of himself. Yikes!

Gary old man played Mason verger in the movie. Kind of knew already what will happen to him but it was pretty messed up watching it nonetheless.

I've always loved the new take on the traditional characters. Little things like in Hannibal the TV show, Will Graham ends up behind bars, saying Hello Dr. Lectar when he sees him- whereas it was the other way around in the movies. You always think of Antony Hopkins in his cell and in that unmistakable voice saying "hello Clarisse". Legendary.

It's a perfect example of how to stay loyal to an original idea yet reinvent it wonderfully. The Mason Verger manipulation and self mutilation is another example of that.

What. A. Finale.

uploadfromtaptalk1400950449306.jpg

A jawdropping finale indeed. Very little dark humour. Instead a sad and restrained episode but not lacking in dramatic impact. A true shell shocker indeed.

Everyone's favorite PSYCHOtherapist is back!

Good first episode. A bit too artsy sometimes but very watchable especially the flashbacks with the awesome Eddie izzard.

Oh Cordell, if I had lips I would smile...

What a show! Shamefully cancelled. I hope Netflix or Amazon pick it up.

This season has been a bit slow but this episode was good. Chilton is hilarious as always.

Joe Anderson has been good though Michael Pitt left a great mark as Mason Verger.

The 3rd season has started to make some sense. Its going on a different tangent all together. Will is up to something and i am interested to see how he catches Hannibal off guard.

This show has been cancelled hasn't it?
NBC has no idea how to promote it. Crime thriller? Psychological drama? Horror? Add the artsy editing and photography. It's a genre-busting show.

To be fair to them, Fuller never compromised. I could say he went overboard in terms of making the show a bit oblique to the casual viewers. You still understand what's going on if you pay attention. This season has even taken away the killer of the week side plot usually seen further driving viewers out of their comfort zone.

Don't know if it will return but it might possibly be the most unique show on TV.

Some joking it might go on the food network. :)))

NBC has no idea how to promote it. Crime thriller? Psychological drama? Horror? Add the artsy editing and photography. It's a genre-busting show.

To be fair to them, Fuller never compromised. I could say he went overboard in terms of making the show a bit oblique to the casual viewers. You still understand what's going on if you pay attention. This season has even taken away the killer of the week side plot usually seen further driving viewers out of their comfort zone.

Don't know if it will return but it might possibly be the most unique show on TV.

Some joking it might go on the food network. :)))

Tbh am surprised a show like that has lasted 3 seasons :))) fair play to NBC in that regard; I doubt there is a network that will take them on besides Netflix; maybe the foot network is not out of question lmao.

Leathers; I love witches which is the best tv show out there based on them? Salem any good? Just finished watching the third season of american horror story:coven really enjoyed it. Haven't watched the circus freak show one yet but can't wait for the 5th season given that the theme is a hotel, also interested to see how they will utilize lady gaga haha

Tbh am surprised a show like that has lasted 3 seasons :))) fair play to NBC in that regard; I doubt there is a network that will take them on besides Netflix; maybe the foot network is not out of question lmao.

Leathers; I love witches which is the best tv show out there based on them? Salem any good? Just finished watching the third season of american horror story:coven really enjoyed it. Haven't watched the circus freak show one yet but can't wait for the 5th season given that the theme is a hotel, also interested to see how they will utilize lady gaga haha
Haven't watched Salem.

Lady Gaga is the lead in hotel.

You should watch freak show. The dandy character is just :)))

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Have you seen the witches of Eastwick? It stars Cher, Susan Sarandon and Michele Pfeiffer as the three witches and Jack Nicholson at his devilish best. Directed by George "Mad Max" Miller.

One thing that is very satisfying about this show is that each season finale is also designed as a series finale. So, even though it was canceled, it probably won't feel unfulfilled.

And it won't be on Netflix because NBC was only the american distributor for the show while Netflix produces their own shows (which can have low ratings) or distributes successful shows from elsewhere. Why would they pick up Hannibal which is a low ratings criticially acclaimed show if they can't have the credit of producing it? And the show runner is working on another show (American Gods) so the chances of Hannibal coming back are not bright.

Just 3 episodes into the current and probably final (since the show got cancelled) season. It's been so damn slow and boring so far. Moving at such lethargic pace gobbled with so many slow motion dreamy bull-crap sequences for just style sake. Too much of style over substance for my liking. Hope at least the remaining episodes picks up some speed.

The rightly canceled it. It was so good when it started but there is only so much you could have done with it i guess.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Have you seen the witches of Eastwick? It stars Cher, Susan Sarandon and Michele Pfeiffer as the three witches and Jack Nicholson at his devilish best. Directed by George "Mad Max" Miller.

Nope but I was searching on the witch related TV shows and saw this gif for witches of eastwick:

500full.jpg

500full.jpg

500full.jpg

Miller lol the cinematography makes sense in those gifs now haha; might just start this tv series

The rightly canceled it. It was so good when it started but there is only so much you could have done with it i guess.

Couldn't disagree with you. I am not sure why the show has to take totally different approach this season. This change of course somewhat reminded me of a movie series that had great potential/ingenuity, (Rec) was brilliant (1 and 2) at the start of the series but went right down the hill as the sequels 3 and 4 hit the theater with the maker's radically different take on the series.
Similarly, Hannibal used to be so good till things happening in the show were ambivalently understandable (with decent pace in moving the story-line). JMHO, there was much less pseudo-intellectual hogwash in the previous seasons than that is being dished out in the current season. As if, Director/writer wants to fill every scene/frame with some totally pointless and most importantly boring dream scenarios to showcase his avant-garde talents.

Started watching it after Mads Mikkelsen's brilliant performance in The Hunt in which he is a schoolteacher accused of being a pedophile. I wasn't disappointed but the show has gone downhill lately.

Lol what a comeback!

This show is warping canon. Jack utterly destroying Hannibal was satisfying on so many levels.

Finally the show woke up!

At last an episode to remember (after 4 boring ones) this season. Need the same pace/twists (with less dream sequences) in the remaining episodes to make Hannibal what it was in the previous seasons.

It's going down but talk about going down swinging.

Wow!!!

Probably the most deranged (in a quiet way) episode yet. I mean can you top
dead incest baby inside a pig's uterus
?

Unfathomable really.

Red Dragon has started from this week. Richard Armitage plays Francis Dolarhyde. Too early to say but his version seems closer to Ralph Fiennes' version than Tom Noonan's.

A somewhat restrained but engrossing episode. Good to see Price and Zeller back. Even better to see Will using his gift again.

Now will be Mads' real test. Will he be as good as Hopkins' caged beast version or not?

Watching this again. Have devoured the first two seasons on Netflix quicker than Hannibal could finish a human pork chop. Just a beautiful, gripping and brilliantly made show with very little room for improvement across the scope of the production. Looking forward to the third season.

Back