Happy Easter

Keith

First Class Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
To all the Christian members:

Have a very happy Easter!! Remember what this time is actually about guys and girls!!

If you are going to be travelling please do so safely. Spend the time with friends and family and rejoice that you have them!!!

God Bless!

PS: Remember to keep dhoni183 in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
I'm not Christian, but I celebrate pretty much every festival/special day, regardless of the religion.

Happy Easter to everybody on PP.

Happy Easter Keith and all PPers..:)

May the resurrected Lord fill us with his peace and love and shower upon us his mercy and blessings.

P.S : Ofcourse Rawal is in our prayers..

Keith said:
Have a very happy Easter!! Remember what this time is actually about guys and girls!!

The death and rebirth of the Goddess Eostre of the Dawn ;-)

In a supplicant act of deiphagy, I will consume a Creme Egg in her honour.

To all of you celebrating:

happy-easter.jpg

HappyPassover.gif

Happy easter. Was going to have a great weekend but my umbrella company messed up my pay, so credit card it is. At least the mrs and kid are back on sunday, so something to look forward to.

Keith said:

If you are going to be travelling please do so safely. Spend the time with friends and family and rejoice that you have them!!!

God Bless!

PS: Remember to keep dhoni183 in your thoughts and prayers.

Happy Easter to all, don't eat too much chocolate! :)

Happy Easter to all Christians around the world, especially Canadians :p

Here in Canada we have 4 days off, including the weekend, Good Friday and Easter Monday :)

Happy Easter to all fellow Christans.

Keith: I really appreciate your actions. Thanks for remembering DHONI183.

Hope everyone has a good one

iHammad said:
Happy Easter to all Christians around the world, especially Canadians :p

Here in Canada we have 4 days off, including the weekend, Good Friday and Easter Monday :)

Not University though. :pissed:

Happy Easter to all over the world including Canadian Christians.

As long as Good Friday and Easter Monday provide free day for us. ;-)

Thank for the concerns of Dhoni. He needs our prayers.

Happy easter to all! Hope all enjoy there fish for there meal today!

Peace and understanding of each other, to all in this world!

lakha84 said:
by the way why do christian celeberate the easter

Easter was once a Pagan festival in Europe. You will not find the word "Easter" in the Bible, because it is derived from the name of a pagan Goddess.

When the Christians converted Europe, they changed the date of the death and resurrection of their God in order to coincide with Easter and therefore suppress Paganism.

They did the same thing with Christmas, which used to be festival of a Pagan sun-god.

Happy Easter to all my Christan friends!

Easter eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inzi :inti :ibutt

Easter was once a Pagan festival in Europe. You will not find the word "Easter" in the Bible, because it is derived from the name of a pagan Goddess.

When the Christians converted Europe, they changed the date of the death and resurrection of their God in order to coincide with Easter and therefore suppress Paganism.

They did the same thing with Christmas, which used to be festival of a Pagan sun-god.

Yup, don't get why Christians still celebrate it or still use the name 'Easter', I mean it is a big part of their religion.

Happy Easter everyone:)!

TPS: Remember to keep dhoni183 in your thoughts and prayers.

HP.S : Ofcourse Rawal is in our prayers..

Keith: I really appreciate your actions. Thanks for remembering DHONI183.

Thank for the concerns of Dhoni. He needs our prayers.

Even though I do not like to reminded of what happen a couple years ago, but reading all such good wishes and prayers´ posts always make me emotional:).

Last edited:
Have a great Easter, all of you celebrating it.

Yup, don't get why Christians still celebrate it or still use the name 'Easter', I mean it is a big part of their religion.

Like Christmas, it is a fusion of Pagan and Christian tradition. You will not find the word Easter in The Bible. The festival was for the Pagan Goddess Eostre. She could turn into a hare and lay eggs, hence the Easter bunny and choccy eggs, and there are themes of Spring and rebirth.

The Christian festival came near the time of the Jewish Passover feast. When the Christian monks came to Europe, they did their best to eradicate Eostre's day, but the name and the bunnies and eggs remain.

Last edited:
eastern christians(copts,indian orthodox/catholic etc) call the sunday as "sunday of resurrection". they are not aware of "easter" until parangi(firangi- portugese) came to kerla.

most of the people here are perhaps not aware of eastern christianity.

"Good Friday" is called "Sad Friday" and ancient christians observe thursday as "Pesaha Thursday". I believe, Pesaha is something borrowed from judaism.
http://www.nasranifoundation.org/articles/pesaha.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pesaha_Appam

then, fasting 50 days lent gets over on resurrection sunday.

I thought this foretold was the resurrection of Keith on PP but alas it is just a bumped old thread.

Happy Easter to all those celebrating. Stay blessed and may you all have a wonderful time:).

Resurrection never happened according to Islam so Muslims celebrating it is absolutely haram and a form of shirk (unforgivable sin). No video evidence of it happening just "unnamed witnesses".

But happy Easter for the Christian people but not for me.

As a Pagan (when I feel like it) will be carrying out an act of deiphagy (eating a choccy egg) and nodding to Goddess Eostre again.

Last edited:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wishing all our Christian citizens a happy Easter.</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1515615480291151873?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 17, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Happy Easter to all who are celebrating / observing!

:)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wishing all our Christian citizens a very happy Easter.</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1644770201420939266?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 8, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back