Horror movies worth watching

If you have a really strong appetite for violence then try Cannibal Holocaust (1980) . Its an Italian cannibal exploitation horror film directed by Ruggero Deodato.

The most disturbing movie I've seen by a mile. Its a neo-realistic film. The entire movie is presented as seen through the cameraman's POV alone. It seems more documentary than film . That's the scary part !

It's not a movie that gives you random scares. But the way the story progresses & the some of the scenes really chill you to the spine ..

The movie was banned in many countries. The scenes were considered so realistic that there was a murder case on the director. He had to produce the actors in court to prove that they were alive and show how the special effects were created

Bone Tomahawk anyone? Includes probably the most savage death scene put to screen?

What would you guys say is the best Vampire movie? don't say twilight lol

Interview with a Vampire was excellent and Van Helsing starring hugh jackman was okay, besides those there must be others out there but I've not had a look, also refrain from watching the dracula movies as I am yet to finish reading the book

I've seen the Underworld movies until the prequel Rise of the Lycans, they were decent to

If you have a really strong appetite for violence then try Cannibal Holocaust (1980) . Its an Italian cannibal exploitation horror film directed by Ruggero Deodato.

The most disturbing movie I've seen by a mile. Its a neo-realistic film. The entire movie is presented as seen through the cameraman's POV alone. It seems more documentary than film . That's the scary part !

It's not a movie that gives you random scares. But the way the story progresses & the some of the scenes really chill you to the spine ..

Thanks. I will definitely check this out. Has my curiosity.

Interview with a Vampire was excellent and Van Helsing starring hugh jackman was okay, besides those there must be others out there but I've not had a look, also refrain from watching the dracula movies as I am yet to finish reading the book

Bram Stokers Dracula (1992) - One of the better Dracula movies
Blade (1998) & Blade I
I - More action than horror. Both written by David S Goyer(Dark Knight Trilogy) . Best vampire action movies ever ! Underworld & Van helsing are rather poor imitations.

Have u seen Vamipres suck? Its a parody of twilight and one of the best vampire movie i have seen lol because its funny. Other parody is "dracula dead and loving it", funny as well haha. Also have u seen "what we do in the shadows"? Its a mockumentary involving vampires. And do u know there is a vampire movie called "blackula"? The name had me in splits when i first heard it.

Bram Stokers Dracula (1992) - One of the better Dracula movies
Blade (1998) & Blade I
I - More action than horror. Both written by David S Goyer(Dark Knight Trilogy) . Best vampire action movies ever ! Underworld & Van helsing are rather poor imitations.

I have seen Blade but not the sequel, actually I may just watch the series again. Will watch Bram Stokers Dracula once I finish reading his book, I enjoyed the underworld movies although the recent releases I've not had a look at. There have not been many dark and gritty takes on Vampires which I'd like to see but have been turned into a bit of a comedy act [MENTION=131678]Madplayer[/MENTION] :))) defo will be checking them out but I've only seen the first twilight so maybe I won't enjoy the parody as much? I don't know it's probably enough for me to find the parody funny, have not seen any of your suggestions.

Thanks madplayer and SandyB

Let the right one in ,Swedish movie imo it was amazing.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]
Good vampire movies: Queen of the damned ,The vampire circus(1972),Vampire in Brooklyn,Dusk till dawn,Forsaken

Blade II is rated higher than part 1 . One of the few movie sequels that improved upon the original. Avoid the 3rd one though. HHH from WWE has a role in it. But that's pretty much it .

I loved the 1st Underworld. It had great visuals and Kate Beckinsale was badass. ! I love these dark themed movies where everyone dresses in Black & leather. The "noir" feel. But they wasted the sequels. Could have been a solid franchise.

Let the right one in ,Swedish movie imo it was amazing.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]
Good vampire movies: Queen of the damned ,The vampire circus(1972),Vampire in Brooklyn,Dusk till dawn,Forsaken

Cheers mate, which ones out of these would you say are dark and full of suspense which give you them genuine horror frights; most likely there are none but maybe there is a movie which is close to it

Cheers mate, which ones out of these would you say are dark and full of suspense which give you them genuine horror frights; most likely there are none but maybe there is a movie which is close to it

Vampire movies have the least twist but i would say the Swedish movie "Let the right one in" has good story but no fight, Queen of the damned has good fight but not a major major suspense,good music though.

The vampire circus was probably the first vampire movie i saw as a kid and I was alone and felt it was frightening probably be cheesy now.

Good vampire thrill I would say is also 30 days of Night --Josh Harnett one.

Hardly any genuine horror movies although found grudge part 1,2 to be pretty scary but was kinda young then.
Offlate Conjuring was decent nothing other than that has really been remarkable.

Species (1995) was pretty scary when it came out .

Hardly any genuine horror movies although found grudge part 1,2 to be pretty scary but was kinda young then.
Offlate Conjuring was decent nothing other than that has really been remarkable.

I've seen one of the Grudge movies, I found it really scary; you know that sound that spirit thing would make when someone would call the house? I would prank people and make that grrrarraraaaaaaaaaah sound :))) it would really scare my friends. Am guessing there must be a lot of scary horror movies which give you legit frights from East Asia and eastern Europe which we're not aware of

I've seen one of the Grudge movies, I found it really scary; you know that sound that spirit thing would make when someone would call the house? I would prank people and make that grrrarraraaaaaaaaaah sound :))) it would really scare my friends. Am guessing there must be a lot of scary horror movies which give you legit frights from East Asia and eastern Europe which we're not aware of

I used to do that sound well and Japanese horror has been good for sure,I ve seen a couple of Animes that have been done well ,better than Indian "scary",Hollywood was more on gore than Horror untill Japanese horror and their directors caught their fancy.

I found Prometheus to be thrilling as well,but my all time fav funny horror movie is defn Evil Dead 3,so well done!

Blade II is rated higher than part 1 . One of the few movie sequels that improved upon the original. Avoid the 3rd one though. HHH from WWE has a role in it. But that's pretty much it .

I loved the 1st Underworld. It had great visuals and Kate Beckinsale was badass. ! I love these dark themed movies where everyone dresses in Black & leather. The "noir" feel. But they wasted the sequels. Could have been a solid franchise.

That's what I love so much but hard to find movies with those themes

I used to do that sound well and Japanese horror has been good for sure,I ve seen a couple of Animes that have been done well ,better than Indian "scary",Hollywood was more on gore than Horror untill Japanese horror and their directors caught their fancy.

I found Prometheus to be thrilling as well,but my all time fav funny horror movie is defn Evil Dead 3,so well done!

Some of the old horror movies which originated from India really creeped me out, hollywood is the king of gore and there's too much overkill. Saw is being released again, although all of us will be watching it :))

I went on a Resident Evil Marathon few months ago managed to make it to the 4th movie, I wanted to see them all before the Final Chapter next month but will just watching it without seeing part 5,6 and . Might start the Underworld series again

That's what I love so much but hard to find movies with those themes

Sin City(2005) - Near perfect adaptaion of the Novel
Dark City (1998)
Sleepy Hollow (1999) - More gothic than Noir . But a good horror film from the Tim Burton -Johnny Depp duo.

Sin City(2005) - Near perfect adaptaion of the Novel
Dark City (1998)
Sleepy Hollow (1999) - More gothic than Noir . But a good horror film from the Tim Burton -Johnny Depp duo.

I've seen Sin City one of my all time favourite movies! I've not seen Sin City 2 though, did that do the first justice?

Will check the others out, have seen Sleepy Hollow but a very long time ago

I've seen Sin City one of my all time favourite movies! I've not seen Sin City 2 though, did that do the first justice?

Sin City 2 sucked. The magic was missing . Still watchable if you're a fan of the comics.

Sin City 2 sucked. The magic was missing . Still watchable if you're a fan of the comics.

Never really followed the sin city comics, finished arkham assylum recently and am reading spider man blue at the moment. The other disappointing thing was that it flopped at the box office which will prevent another movie from being made though sequels rarely do the first movie justice

Never really followed the sin city comics, finished arkham assylum recently and am reading spider man blue at the moment. The other disappointing thing was that it flopped at the box office which will prevent another movie from being made though sequels rarely do the first movie justice

If you're into comics try these must haves :
1. Watchmen
2. V for Vendetta
3. Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller
4. Batman Year One
5. Batman - The Long Halloween
6. Batman: The Killing Joke
7. Batman: The Cult

1. Watchmen
2. V for Vendetta
4. Batman Year One

Read all of them apart from V 4 vendetta, Halloween, cult and year one. Year One I'll be buying soon

Loved Sin city,part 2 was Just SAD!!!

Back to the topic of horror films..

For Zombie movie lovers try 28 Days Later (2002) & its sequel 28 Weeks Later (2007).
Directed by Danny Boyle , 28 days later may be hands-down the best zombie movie of all time ! (Shaun of the dead & Night of the living Dead are good competition though ).

The realism and the plausibility of the scenarios in the movie are truly frightening. Has some good scares too.

[MENTION=131678]Madplayer[/MENTION] :))) defo will be checking them out but I've only seen the first twilight so maybe I won't enjoy the parody as much? I don't know it's probably enough for me to find the parody funny, have not seen any of your suggestions.

I think you'd enjoy it regardless. I liked it more than the original twilight movie haha which i know isnt saying much :))

Sharknado is another one of those underrated horror flicks.

lol you guys are naming some awful movies in this thread? Underworld? Good one

Back to the topic of horror films..

For Zombie movie lovers try 28 Days Later (2002) & its sequel 28 Weeks Later (2007).
Directed by Danny Boyle , 28 days later may be hands-down the best zombie movie of all time ! (Shaun of the dead & Night of the living Dead are good competition though ).

The realism and the plausibility of the scenarios in the movie are truly frightening. Has some good scares too.

Great movies. The second was excellent but the first one was on another level. The first time I saw Cilian murphy walking through those empty London streets, I was in awe.

Watch Piranha 3DD if you wanna have a laugh. Way funnier than sharknado

1. Watchmen
2. V for Vendetta
4. Batman Year One

in tv shows Gotham is one of the best.

in tv shows Gotham is one of the best.

My present favorite is Ash Vs Evil dead . 2 seasons already... Perfectly captures the essence of the movies into the small screen.. Some really good scares too.. Has some great moments !!

lol you guys are naming some awful movies in this thread? Underworld? Good one

Well the dude asked SPECIFICALLY for Vampire movies !. Could you name any half-decent Vampire flicks since Blade ..? Other than Underworld ..

Going on a horrorthon

Ava's possession
The conjuring 2
The hallow

Not sure if i can watch all of them in one night. Lol Lets see if any one of them scares me.

Well the dude asked SPECIFICALLY for Vampire movies !. Could you name any half-decent Vampire flicks since Blade ..? Other than Underworld ..

Twilight? How could you miss that one.

Going on a horrorthon

Ava's possession
The conjuring 2
The hallow

Not sure if i can watch all of them in one night. Lol Lets see if any one of them scares me.

conjuring 2 is good. You will enjoy.:)

My present favorite is Ash Vs Evil dead . 2 seasons already... Perfectly captures the essence of the movies into the small screen.. Some really good scares too.. Has some great moments !!

have you seen "Scream Queens".it's a decent horror plus comedy show based on Scream movie series.

From Dusk till Dawn and Let the Right One In

Exactly mind the snobs, there are hardly many out there which are significantly better then Underworld which is underrated in its own right made for a good action movie but it's true that they never quite fulfilled their potential when they were onto something with the dark tone and noir feel.

None of them are scary at all

Really? Oh God! I guess i would still have to waste my time lol
Is there any movie you would like to recommend? I mean Bhoot wali movies. Not the useless "scary psychopath" movies which some people call horror.

Is there any movie you would like to recommend? I mean Bhoot wali movies. Not the useless "scary psychopath" movies which some people call horror.

The orphanage. Spanish movie. Watch it with English subtitles. Conjuring2 is alright but I'd be surprised if it scares you even once

Watch Under The Shadow, a co production between Qatar, Jordan and the UK which was released last year. It's a horror/thriller about a mother and daughter living under Sharia law in 1980s Tehran who are haunted by both the djinn (evil spirits worse then the bhoot) who flap through their bedrooms like wind-blown hijabs and the ticking threat of an unexploded missile on the roof of their apartment

The orphanage. Spanish movie. Watch it with English subtitles. Conjuring2 is alright but I'd be surprised if it scares you even once

Thanks alot.

Actually i changed my mind at the last minute and watched Ava's possession.

:facepalm: x 10000

Complete wastage of time. Nothing scary at all an its 12 midnight here. I am going to watch conjuring 2 now. See you guys later haha

Watch Under The Shadow, a co production between Qatar, Jordan and the UK which was released last year. It's a horror/thriller about a mother and daughter living under Sharia law in 1980s Tehran who are haunted by both the djinn (evil spirits worse then the bhoot) who flap through their bedrooms like wind-blown hijabs and the ticking threat of an unexploded missile on the roof of their apartment

You can't make that up :))) sorry it sounds like one of those 'hot shots' movies.

Good movie

Okay this sounds interesting. And strange as well. Missiles and jinns? :yk what a combo!

An American Werewolf in London.

Classic. Never gets old. Can't believe a remake has been greenlit.

Baskin (Turkish). Surreal horror.

Disturbing to say the least. Worth a watch.

You can't make that up :))) sorry it sounds like one of those 'hot shots' movies.

Okay this sounds interesting. And strange as well. Missiles and jinns? :yk what a combo!

That came out a bit comedic I didn't intend it :yk3 but it will genuinely give you some frights Madplayer/Jaded unlike 90% of horror movies in 2016.

The Autopsy of Jane Doe

Probably the best first 45 minutes I have seen in a movie. Tense, psychological, intriguing. It falls apart a bit in the end but it is still a very strong horror film. Comfortably, one of the better horror films this year. Fantastic acting by Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch.

Using the coroners as protagonists as opposed to exposition fodder was clever and executed very well. Highly recommended.

The Autopsy of Jane Doe

Probably the best first 45 minutes I have seen in a movie. Tense, psychological, intriguing. It falls apart a bit in the end but it is still a very strong horror film. Comfortably, one of the better horror films this year. Fantastic acting by Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch.

Using the coroners as protagonists as opposed to exposition fodder was clever and executed very well. Highly recommended.

Leathers, what would you say was the the scariest horror movie you've ever seen?

As a child I used to find the Tales From the Crypt movies on HBO quite scary . It was like a horror anthology series made by HBO. Demon Knight was one of the best ..

The first Child's Play(1988) film was pretty damn scary too. :OFor a kid who loved toys ..

I like the psychological horror of Korean and Thai horror movies. Like - A tale of two sisters, Alone

Drag me to hell was quite good too.

I enjoyed that, watched it in the cinema when it came out. That old lady though :)) my friend got so scared during a jump fright fell out his seat was funny lmao

Leatherface is expected to release within the next couple of years

I have stopped watching Leatherface movies. They have completely destroyed his mystique. He is one of the most interesting villains of horror almost as good as Norman Bates in terms of being vulnerable yet destructive but they made him into a complete chump. The last I watched was New Generation and it was disgusting how poor it was.

I have stopped watching Leatherface movies. They have completely destroyed his mystique. He is one of the most interesting villains of horror almost as good as Norman Bates in terms of being vulnerable yet destructive but they made him into a complete chump. The last I watched was New Generation and it was disgusting how poor it was.

Not sure he might have been limited to a cameo or side show in those movies, this will be a prequel to the texas chain saw massacre and indulge in his origins; this is the summary:

"Prequel about teenage Leatherface who escapes from a mental hospital with three other inmates, kidnaps a young nurse and takes her on a road trip from hell. Along the way, they are pursued by an equally deranged lawman out for revenge."

It will revolve around the mystery of which of the teenage psychopaths introduced will ultimately become leatherface. Given the focus of the movie will be on the legendary chainsaw wielding killer entirely there's a big chance the movie has the potential to be the best since the original, the title of the movie is "Leatherface" the release date is vague though but it should come out in 2017

[MENTION=95766]leatherface58[/MENTION]

Leatherface_2016_poster.jpg

"The Lost Boys" a classic from the late 1980's. I love that movie.

Orphan
imdb rating: Rating: 7/10 - ‎148,081 votes

storyline: A husband and wife who recently lost their baby adopt a nine year-old girl who is not nearly as innocent as she claims to be.

Esther the character played by Isabelle Fuhrman was one of the greatest display of acting from a child I have seen. simply great.

The Wailing

Very good Korean dark comedy/horror. One of those that stays with you. Run time of 2hr 40mins.

The hallow
4/10

The conjuring
6.5/10
Decent watch

Ava's possession
3/10

Back