How long is your fast?

wow..you guys are really tough this year. I hope ALLAH give you guys alots of reward for that! ameen.

our Isha in new york starts at 10.15 and we done by 11.45.

our isha in italy starts at 11:20 pm

The first masjid I went to the Taraweeh took 2 hours which was way to long . For the sake of my younger brother who has to wake up for school I got to a masjid that takes about an hour and a half .

That's tough man, Isha starts at 10:45, Taraweeh at 11 and it finishes around 12:15

We have an Egyptian Qari who reads beautifully but very slowly. If anybody is interested in listening then play this from the 2 min mark http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/36127953. Great recitation!

We also pray only 8 Rakaat. So a full spara is completed in that time. I haven't went for a few days because I need to be up at work for 6 but on the weekends its a great feeling to pray behind him.

We have an Egyptian Qari who reads beautifully but very slowly. If anybody is interested in listening then play this from the 2 min mark http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/36127953. Great recitation!

We also pray only 8 Rakaat. So a full spara is completed in that time. I haven't went for a few days because I need to be up at work for 6 but on the weekends its a great feeling to pray behind him.

Hes very good .Hes got the one of those voices were you get drawn in .We have also got two Egyptians that do the taraweeh .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9zT19JeQwc

ya we finish our traweh arond 12: 45am and our sehri engs at 3:15am

MashAllah that guy is amazing!! Wonderful voice and keeps up the pace too!

We are blessed to have guys that are this good . The second bro has a very powerful voice as well . I really wouldn't mind if these guys went on for 2 hours because its a pleasure to listen to them .The duas are beautiful they sound so pure when just in Arabic .

Last edited:
Yeah it will change obviously but the problem remains. In one country you have a 20 hour fast and in another during the same time period, 9 hours. Doesn't seem right.

Anyway, interesting video that.

4:21 a.m Seher and 7:00 p.m Iftar in Hyderabad, India.

these are possibly the longest we are having as day light here is for longest time During June/July, however it is still significantly less than some of our brothers and sisters in the northern part of the world

Depending upon my project assignments there is a good chance that I'll be in Sweden next year folks, am all too tensed about going there because I haven't been to a foreign location before, but seeing a lot of you here from various parts o the world like Italy, Scotland, Germany, it really has given me a lot o confidence! :)

these are possibly the longest we are having as day light here is for longest time During June/July, however it is still significantly less than some of our brothers and sisters in the northern part of the world

Depending upon my project assignments there is a good chance that I'll be in Sweden next year folks, am all too tensed about going there because I haven't been to a foreign location before, but seeing a lot of you here from various parts o the world like Italy, Scotland, Germany, it really has given me a lot o confidence! :)

You are always welcome bro ..we will always help you as much as we can ... :)

Seriously, salute to you guys who can follow this. Amazing. No water too right? Amazing :14:

Depends if anyone's looking :yk
That's right no water . It's actually not that hard once you get used to it after the first few days .

A friend of mine at school used to quit smoking during this period since you are not supposed to take anything in. We used to have fun by smoking around him and testing the limits of his self-control.

I think we win! Taraweeh from 11.15 to 1.00 too :))

LONG days. I've missed a lot of taraweeh this year because I need to get up early bells for work.

I did the first 10 night of Taraavi but finally burned out with a lack of sleep, food before taraavi and then heading home to eat again.

Full intentions to start back up again InshAllah even if its only doing the 8/20.

Kerala,India.
Sehri-4:50am
ifthar-6:56pm(only 14hrs fast)hats off to the guys who fast for 18hrs and more.

You are always welcome bro ..we will always help you as much as we can ... :)

Thanks much Haroon!

There isn't much muslim population in Sweden which is one reason I'm worried, lack of mosques and all, another, and a major one is that my parents are way too worried about me going, so much so that they are now considering asking my wife to also accompany me,which may not be feasible, They just won't be comfortable if I'm away from them.

I'm just praying Allah works out a way that I'm not required to go and manage things from offshore itself, desperately hope so and request for your prayers.

Our Prayers Are With You Brother ..
InshAllah Your Desires Will Be Fullfilled By Allah(SWT)..:moyo

MashAllah the guys fasting 14 hours in heat and no electricity, people who have little or nothing to eat even outside the rozay,people who suffer from illnesses and still keep rozay.

Hates off to you guys.

Nevermind 18 hour rozaydaars!

their 14 hour rozas are way too dificult as compared to ours 18 hour rozas....

Many of my relatives live in Highwycombe and Bradford,they were telling me the other day that they do not have time to sleep after taraweehs.

I am guessing it would be longer in Delhi itself ?

And given that India has 1 time zone, it is interesting how people in Kolkata have iftar probably a lot earlier than people in Gujurat

Many of my relatives live in Highwycombe and Bradford,they were telling me the other day that they do not have time to sleep after taraweehs.

That's true we'll at least here in HW . At the beginning of Ramadan the Taraweeh here finished at around 1 which only left about an hour and a half till Sehri .

Well, New place and this time around the fast will be around 18 hours long

Melbs is alhumdulilah great at the moment.

5.50am - 5.05pm

Cape Town. South Africa

Sehri ........6:11 am
Iftaar .......5:47 pm

capetownairporthome.jpg

Norway's muslim community are fasting for 20 hours a day

Haven't seen you post as much , hope all is well brother and Ramadan Mubarak

Haven't seen you post as much , hope all is well brother and Ramadan Mubarak

Alhamdulillah, all is well. PSL stopped that's why, and not much interesting topic lately. though I visit PP and wrestling thread regularly and SKIPs your long post often ;p

BTW stay blessed, bro :)

It's a long fast in the UK but short fasts of less than 12 hours don't have the same impact or benefit.

4:07 AM to 8:16 PM today, so 16 hours and 10 minutes or so. By the end of Ramzan, it will be 16 hours 30 minutes.

Back